Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interview with the Owners 19:05 - Sep 3 with 39652 viewsHeadmaster

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45396360

"Swansea City's owners have warned it could take years for the club to return to the Premier League as they confront the "harsh reality" of relegation."
[Post edited 3 Sep 2018 19:08]
Interview with the Owners on 00:19 - Sep 4 with 2705 viewsJonathans_coat

Reading between the lines, I think there are a few major takeaways from this interview.

1. There will be more outs than ins in January

- No mention of Dyer, Routs, Narsingh when specifically talking about key older players
- 2 mentions of more “hard medicine” to take
- When asked about Jan transfers, Kaplan says “We'll have to assess what players are going to be moved in January and, if there's a need, we'll take a very hard look at adding players." Basically, we will not be buying/loaning anyone, unless we make enough from player sales.

2. Huw is going nowhere in the short term, but he is no longer de facto DOF

- Glowing praise ad nauseam
- JL - “Huw has changed his role this summer and we have brought someone like Kyle in to make our recruitment stronger and we have changed our strategy and personnel.”
- JL - “there is a lot of value from the knowledge, the institutional knowledge he [Jenkins] has. But we are adjusting and we are learning and trying to figure out the right process for us to make decisions to be more effective in the future. That is what I can say."

3. We will be relying heavily on the academy to develop players for the first team from now on.

- SK - “Ultimately, when we bring a player from our academy, we know that player intimately. This is why I believe in the academy and developing players internally. We know what they are like, what their home life is like. We know what we are getting. There is a limit on the due diligence you can do on a player [outside the club], no matter how hard you try. You can only know so much, especially if you are coming from another league, and there is also an element of luck. There is a much higher likelihood of success if you can bring up young players and develop them yourself."
- Basically we will be buying cheap youngsters, trying to develop them, and sell them on for bigger bucks (think Allen and Davies). Buy low, sell high like hedge fund managers!

4. They tried to play hardball on Woods to get him cheaper, and failed

- Who didn’t already figure this one out? They have form for this sort of thing, remember the Sigi sale?

5. They aren’t putting a penny more into the club that they can’t guarantee they’ll get back in the short term

- Obvious again, but now effectively confirmed.
- JL - “Our own funds and put them into the club for advanced payments we would receive otherwise, but were waiting on.”

6. They are playing the long game. The end game for the yanks is to sell the club for a profit when we are a profit making prem club.

- The intention is to improve the academy so it is regularly producing big money players (saleable assets)
- Build up the commercial side so we have big money sponsorship, overseas merchandise sales ect.

Could all be PR nonsense of course, and I’m not sure what I make of the references to discussions between them,the trust and selling shareholders, but I’ll guess we’ll find out soon from the fans forum.
Interview with the Owners on 01:11 - Sep 4 with 2626 viewsJackSomething

I see Chris is playing his greatest hits in this thread:

1) Slavish devotion to the owners (past and present), what a great job they're doing.
2) Undermining the Trust at every opportunity
3) Resorting to illogical personal attacks against posters who are running rings around him

At least you're doing a better job earning your thirty pieces of silver than you did on Saturday night. Imagine that earned you a verbal warning or two from your paymasters.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Interview with the Owners on 01:26 - Sep 4 with 2619 viewsExiledJack

Empty platitudes aside, they continue to show incompetence at every juncture. Maybe they can learn from their mistakes as they keep saying?

It's rather perverse that their failures have led to opportunities for our younger players, which in itself has been a welcome joy, but is rather audacious for the owners to latch on to. If they keep bringing us the "harsh realities " of financial mismanagement we could well be lining up with a team of local jacks in a few years. Silver linings.

Potter the get out of jail card.
Interview with the Owners on 01:45 - Sep 4 with 2605 viewsDJack

Interview with the Owners on 21:33 - Sep 3 by _

But we dont know yet everyone assumes the worst.

Think about what's going on here.

Conversely, as a fan you know no more but are always assuming the best from the board. You ask for them to be given time but you were not wanting any time given to Huw when you wanted him gone that time.

I'm not saying that you are wrong but based upon their record so far I believe that the mistrust from the many fans may well be justified.

If you truly believe what you have been posting then we may well have to agree to disagree.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Interview with the Owners on 03:18 - Sep 4 with 2564 viewsArizlan2

Quote from the Owners:

We would love to provide Graham with every single player that he wants and that is something our whole staff try to do," ..... or just one or two would be good Jason you tight ass tw@t!

Woods would of been out for 500k more, would have been a key player for us, beggars belief. It goes to show that all the spew they talk in that interview really means 'we're not wasting anymore money on players and use the kids that we already have so we don't have to spend another dollar! We have a great manager now and needs supporting properly. We defo could go straight back into the PL if it wasn't for those two clowns. Fans on this site need to stop mouthing off and get off your ass and do something before it's long too late
Interview with the Owners on 03:19 - Sep 4 with 2564 viewssioni

Interview with the Owners on 20:21 - Sep 3 by FerrisBuellerJB

They state that no dividends have been paid obviously not as that would mean making a payment to the trust. What they don’t state is how much has been paid in consultancy fees either to them or to other businesses owned by them. There’s more than one way to extract money out as we have seen with Morgan and Dineen.

Sorry, Ferris.Hit wrong button. As major investors of a Hedge Fund , with all that that entails, they have well practised ways of extracting money and their primary interest is not what is happening on the field. As such there will almost always be friction with supporters. I could be more specific but my supper is calling and that is more important than the platitudinous generalities of scheming frauds.
Interview with the Owners on 03:52 - Sep 4 with 2545 viewsArizlan2

Siggy on his own was sold for 50 million, the money from that sale was used to buy bony, ayews oh and clucas, this isn't the money that the yanks put in, the money that was spent was the clubs. So why now they have sold all those players hasn't the money been put back into the club. The financial position is solely down to the owners, wasted money on backwards bob, bought clucas for 15 million then offload him for 6, yet they can't pay an extra 500k for an important player like woods. These muppets need to be dragged around the streets of Swansea naked tied to a horse with a gherkin up their a$$
[Post edited 4 Sep 2018 3:54]
Interview with the Owners on 07:22 - Sep 4 with 2441 viewsawayjack

Interview with the Owners on 22:10 - Sep 3 by Darran

One of the funniest things is that they keep mentioning expanded the stadium.

Surely the dullest çunts on here can see that that’s Bollox and never going to happen. lol

They work on the principle that most people can’t be bothered to check to what they’ve said before to see how much inconsistent BS is in most of their statements. Same with Jenkins but many of our fans are optimistic and trusting in their nature and they simply play on this.
Login to get fewer ads

Interview with the Owners on 08:21 - Sep 4 with 2361 views3swan

On the face of it there is nothing in the statement that, as stand alone, can’t be argued with.
It’s when the history comes into the equation that all the doubts and mistrust comes into play. They started off in the wrong fashion by ignoring a 21% shareholder and if all is to be believed marginalised them from day one.
We have seen the quality of the squad diminished prior to our relegation.

It can again be argued from both sides that actions being taken now will be of long term benefit to the club, but imo it comes down to the reasoning behind the actions.

1 For the sole benefit of the stability of the club.

Or

2 In the first case to protect theirs and their shareholders share investment.

My stance is that this it is yet again a P.R. exercise timed prior to the Trust forum , and even if well intentioned, they have still got a long way to go in changing my mind.
Interview with the Owners on 08:27 - Sep 4 with 2336 viewsnantywatcher

Interview with the Owners on 08:21 - Sep 4 by 3swan

On the face of it there is nothing in the statement that, as stand alone, can’t be argued with.
It’s when the history comes into the equation that all the doubts and mistrust comes into play. They started off in the wrong fashion by ignoring a 21% shareholder and if all is to be believed marginalised them from day one.

It can again be argued from both sides that actions being taken now will be of long term benefit to the club, but imo it comes down to the reasoning behind the actions.

Or

My stance is that this it is yet again a P.R. exercise timed prior to the Trust forum , and even if well intentioned, they have still got a long way to go in changing my mind.

If not for the outstanding performance on Saturday they would still have been silent. today. Opportunists in all they do.
Interview with the Owners on 08:44 - Sep 4 with 2292 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Or

Their reputation depends on getting a return for 27 they persuaded to invest, so I'm going for 2.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Interview with the Owners on 08:50 - Sep 4 with 2277 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Or

It is difficult to argue with much of what they say on the face of it. I find it interesting that, following the Trust starting the ball rolling towards litigation, they now want to meet the Trust without lawyers.

What does that tell us?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Interview with the Owners on 08:54 - Sep 4 with 2260 viewsQJumpingJack

Interview with the Owners on 08:50 - Sep 4 by Joe_bradshaw

It is difficult to argue with much of what they say on the face of it. I find it interesting that, following the Trust starting the ball rolling towards litigation, they now want to meet the Trust without lawyers.

What does that tell us?

Levien admitted at the fans forum that they were told to keep the Trust out of the sale discussions.
There is no case to answer.

Quite a stupid admission when the meeting was being recorded.
Interview with the Owners on 08:55 - Sep 4 with 2254 viewsQJumpingJack

The interview is very average.

Who has paid for this interview and in particular BBC Wales?
Have the Americans/the club invited them over and covered costs eg flights? or have we (the license fee payer) had to pay for this?
Interview with the Owners on 09:39 - Sep 4 with 2197 viewsTom1912

Interview with the Owners on 22:05 - Sep 3 by _

So criticise them when they pay over the odds and criticise them for being careful?

What if Woods would've turned out a flop? Fans are already criticising Asoro and Mckay.

I'm criticising them for putting all their eggs in one basket on a position we really needed to fill. They should have looked at alternatives instead of hoping the Woods deal would work out.
Interview with the Owners on 09:52 - Sep 4 with 2168 viewsLoyal

Interview with the Owners on 07:22 - Sep 4 by awayjack

They work on the principle that most people can’t be bothered to check to what they’ve said before to see how much inconsistent BS is in most of their statements. Same with Jenkins but many of our fans are optimistic and trusting in their nature and they simply play on this.

Compulsive liars often forget how much they say and to who.
In the yanks case it's the bullshitting school of art. Many wil buy in to it and many will see through it. They are gambling on more than our club, their integrity is already in question, the worst thing anyone can have on their heads is a big question mark over their personal integrity.

In that they have exceeded expectations.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Interview with the Owners on 10:24 - Sep 4 with 2107 viewsjasper_T

Interview with the Owners on 03:52 - Sep 4 by Arizlan2

Siggy on his own was sold for 50 million, the money from that sale was used to buy bony, ayews oh and clucas, this isn't the money that the yanks put in, the money that was spent was the clubs. So why now they have sold all those players hasn't the money been put back into the club. The financial position is solely down to the owners, wasted money on backwards bob, bought clucas for 15 million then offload him for 6, yet they can't pay an extra 500k for an important player like woods. These muppets need to be dragged around the streets of Swansea naked tied to a horse with a gherkin up their a$$
[Post edited 4 Sep 2018 3:54]

What money was made from those sales is still in the club, and will be used to pay wages and other costs over the next few seasons as our income shrinks further and further. We'd be worse than skint without it due to previous financial blunders.

"Can't pay an extra £500k for Woods" is nonsense. The outright say that they never considered him worth the original £6m and were hoping the price would come down on deadline day.
Interview with the Owners on 10:24 - Sep 4 with 2106 viewsSTID2017

Interview with the Owners on 22:49 - Sep 3 by deanscfc

They signed a contract. Makes no effin difference. At the very least you replace them. Selling both siggy and llorente at the same time was basically like signing a piece of paper to say 'i accept relegation'. Total stupidity given they had together scored most of the goals. Same with previous signings we sold without replacing.

I was gutted that Gylfi and Llorente left after almost single handedly keeping us up, but it was clear that both wanted to leave.
Had they stayed we would have stayed up IMO

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Interview with the Owners on 10:25 - Sep 4 with 2106 viewsLeonWasGod

Got as far as "but they have ruled out selling the club" and felt sick enough to not carry on. I'll try later.
Interview with the Owners on 11:08 - Sep 4 with 2058 viewswobbly

For those of us with longer memories, that reminds me a little of the PR that was out when Petty was around. There were a couple of pretty high profile fans who got suckered in, backed Petty very publicly and were subsequently made to look a bit stupid.

Some seem far too eager to believe an interview puff piece.
Interview with the Owners on 11:13 - Sep 4 with 2044 viewswobbly

Interview with the Owners on 08:50 - Sep 4 by Joe_bradshaw

What does that tell us?

It tells me they need a new playbook. I seem to remember similarly loaded interviews via friendly journalists coming out from the sellers and the Americans to try and counter trust held forums at the time of the deal too.
Interview with the Owners on 11:18 - Sep 4 with 2033 viewsjasper_T

Interview with the Owners on 11:08 - Sep 4 by wobbly

For those of us with longer memories, that reminds me a little of the PR that was out when Petty was around. There were a couple of pretty high profile fans who got suckered in, backed Petty very publicly and were subsequently made to look a bit stupid.

A puff piece would be more optimistic, no? They've stated they fcked up previous windows, we're skint as a result, and more outgoings are necessary in the near future.

The biggest pat on the back they give themselves is turning down bids for McBurnie.
Interview with the Owners on 11:19 - Sep 4 with 2033 viewsShaky

Interview with the Owners on 11:08 - Sep 4 by wobbly

Puff piece?

Probably my poor English to blame here but I fail to see how that interview in any way flatters the owners.

Perhaps you would be good enough to point that out for me?

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Interview with the Owners on 11:24 - Sep 4 with 2021 viewsperplex

Interview with the Owners on 11:13 - Sep 4 by wobbly

It tells me they need a new playbook. I seem to remember similarly loaded interviews via friendly journalists coming out from the sellers and the Americans to try and counter trust held forums at the time of the deal too.

Pair of sleeze merchants, they will also in time undo the good work and progress that Potter may achieve, eventually Potter will be taken by a bigger club, any of the players he will have brought through and have impressed will be sold in no time, and these two scumbags will pocket the lot, as I keep saying this is what they do, and just as big a problem is the weakness of our current fan base who seem to be all talk but take action what so ever.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2018 11:29]
Interview with the Owners on 11:43 - Sep 4 with 1985 viewswobbly

Interview with the Owners on 11:19 - Sep 4 by Shaky

Puff piece?

Probably my poor English to blame here but I fail to see how that interview in any way flatters the owners.

Perhaps you would be good enough to point that out for me?

I think the article and interview overall gave them a pretty easy ride. The questions were not that tough and obvious follow ups missed. The twitter comments afterwards suggests there were vetoed questions, which the article doesn’t mention. For me, that’s a puff piece.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024