Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales 08:40 - Sep 4 with 11876 viewsbuilthjack

I am looking forward to the 2 games this coming week. Some good youngsters in the Welsh squad, as well as the experienced players. I think we will get 2 wins.
Who's going to Cardiff on Thurs? Still some tickets left. Ireland only bringing about 1500.
3500 Welsh going to Denmark.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wales on 08:47 - Sep 4 with 4778 viewsmajorraglan

Going to Cardiff but sadly not to Denmark.Went to Copenhagen to watch the Wales match in 1987, great road trip but it was bloody expensive. I can remember being charged about a £1.30 for a loaf of bread, we were in shock!
Wales on 08:48 - Sep 4 with 4778 viewsFireboy2

Im going ken

Driving to wrexham then jumping on the wonky sheep coach

Works out a bit cheaper and i dont have to drive all the way and find parking

You going?
Wales on 09:04 - Sep 4 with 4747 viewsbuilthjack

Wales on 08:48 - Sep 4 by Fireboy2

Im going ken

Driving to wrexham then jumping on the wonky sheep coach

Works out a bit cheaper and i dont have to drive all the way and find parking

You going?

I saw a fireboy on the apostle site, thought it was someone else.
I was going, then I wasn't as had to go on a training day in Leeds. So sold my tickets. But managed to rearrange the training so am just sorting new tickets out. Rarely miss a Wales game.
Will give you a shout when down there, but won't be there til about 7.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wales on 09:06 - Sep 4 with 4740 viewsLoyal

Wales on 08:47 - Sep 4 by majorraglan

Going to Cardiff but sadly not to Denmark.Went to Copenhagen to watch the Wales match in 1987, great road trip but it was bloody expensive. I can remember being charged about a £1.30 for a loaf of bread, we were in shock!

How much were the fish?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Wales on 09:23 - Sep 4 with 4704 viewsFireboy2

Wales on 09:04 - Sep 4 by builthjack

I saw a fireboy on the apostle site, thought it was someone else.
I was going, then I wasn't as had to go on a training day in Leeds. So sold my tickets. But managed to rearrange the training so am just sorting new tickets out. Rarely miss a Wales game.
Will give you a shout when down there, but won't be there til about 7.

Righty ho

See you thursday matey
Wales on 09:39 - Sep 4 with 4671 viewsbuilthjack

Wales on 09:23 - Sep 4 by Fireboy2

Righty ho

See you thursday matey

No probs. You will,enjoy it in the canton end with the passionate Welsh fans and the Barry horns.

Wales on 09:41 - Sep 4 with 4665 viewsgiantstoneater

Going to the game at The CCS another tough game from the Irish expected. Isn`t there some doubt with the Denmark game due to some spat between the Danish FA and the players?
Wales on 09:50 - Sep 4 with 4644 viewsJack_y_Jwc

I'm going Thurs and flying to Denmark Saturday.

The Denmark game is an absolute joke, not only did they move the game to Aarhus (3.5hrs away from Copenhagen) knowing full well that all the Welsh fans had booked Copenhagen. They're now going to play a very weakened side against us due to some disagreement with the DBU - I'm putting money on Gunter to score anytime. It'll still be a great trip with so many fans going and winning about 9-0 should make it more entertaining

Login to get fewer ads

Wales on 12:54 - Sep 4 with 4501 viewswestwalesed

Wales on 09:50 - Sep 4 by Jack_y_Jwc

The Denmark game is an absolute joke, not only did they move the game to Aarhus (3.5hrs away from Copenhagen) knowing full well that all the Welsh fans had booked Copenhagen. They're now going to play a very weakened side against us due to some disagreement with the DBU - I'm putting money on Gunter to score anytime. It'll still be a great trip with so many fans going and winning about 9-0 should make it more entertaining

Went to Aarhus many years ago - nice place, known as the City of Smiles I believe :)

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Wales on 13:00 - Sep 4 with 4494 viewsLeonWasGod

Wales on 09:50 - Sep 4 by Jack_y_Jwc

Yeah, I saw about the Denmark situation in the sports news this morning. Seems like a free pass the way it's being described, with them possibly fielding an amateur team (although you'd imagine something will be sorted before then).
Wales on 13:07 - Sep 4 with 4480 viewsairedale

Why isn’t the game on Ess Pedwar Kneck?
Wales on 13:12 - Sep 4 with 4470 views1983

Wales on 13:07 - Sep 4 by airedale

Why isn’t the game on Ess Pedwar Kneck?

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/193592/tv-games-1--14-september/#7

Wales on 13:21 - Sep 4 with 4443 viewstaffpunk

I went then, what a great trip that was, 10 of us from the Rhondda got left behind. Makes me laugh when people say things like they missed the last train home from Cardiff, missed the coach home from the Races etc...we missed the Ferry from Denmark! Booze was crazily expensive back then, must be at least 6 quid a pint now.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Wales on 19:33 - Sep 4 with 4265 viewsAl_Bundy

I went to that game.. I remember being in the away end which was actually in the home end surrounded by Danes.. Quite bizarre
Wales on 21:09 - Sep 4 with 4180 viewsbuilthjack

Wales on 13:21 - Sep 4 by taffpunk

I went then, what a great trip that was, 10 of us from the Rhondda got left behind. Makes me laugh when people say things like they missed the last train home from Cardiff, missed the coach home from the Races etc...we missed the Ferry from Denmark! Booze was crazily expensive back then, must be at least 6 quid a pint now.

It's £7 - £9 for 0.5l in the pubs. Yet only £1.50 for a can from the supermarket. So the boys will be filling up with tinnies

Wales on 21:10 - Sep 4 with 4179 viewsmajorraglan

Wales on 19:33 - Sep 4 by Al_Bundy

I went to that game.. I remember being in the away end which was actually in the home end surrounded by Danes.. Quite bizarre

It was an unusual set up, I hadn’t come across anything like that before or since. There was a hell of a good atmosphere in the town before the game and at the match, probably because we were in the middle of the Danes, bit flat afterwards losing 1 0. That’s Wales for you though, so close yet so far away.
Wales on 22:03 - Sep 4 with 4117 viewsawayjack

3500 is great support. You can find bars slightly off track for £4-£5 a pint but suspect they’ll up the prices of there’s lots of fans about.
Wales on 22:09 - Sep 4 with 4106 viewsCooperman

Wales on 12:54 - Sep 4 by westwalesed

Went to Aarhus many years ago - nice place, known as the City of Smiles I believe :)

Aarhaus, in the middle of Aarstreet.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Wales on 22:22 - Sep 4 with 4092 viewsairedale

Wales on 13:12 - Sep 4 by 1983

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/193592/tv-games-1--14-september/#7

Ta, butI was aware that it was on Sky, but I have also subsequently discovered that S4C are also showing it. Not with English commentary though.
Wales on 22:40 - Sep 4 with 4077 viewsjack_lord

Wales on 22:09 - Sep 4 by Cooperman

Aarhaus, in the middle of Aarstreet.

You are talking madness man

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Wales on 23:01 - Sep 4 with 4040 viewsAl_Bundy

Wales on 21:10 - Sep 4 by majorraglan

It was an unusual set up, I hadn’t come across anything like that before or since. There was a hell of a good atmosphere in the town before the game and at the match, probably because we were in the middle of the Danes, bit flat afterwards losing 1 0. That’s Wales for you though, so close yet so far away.

That was my first away games abroad with Wales. Never had too much bother from Cardiff fans to be honest and also went to Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany (Giggs Debut) and Holland but started getting messy when tribal club behaviour started to rear its head to often in the 90's then couldn't be arsed after that.

Much preferred to Swans Dutch and American pre-season tours and the Europa games home and away especially Valencia and St Gallen. Didn't do any of the recent Euro finals matches which I probably regret now.
Wales on 06:24 - Sep 5 with 3948 viewspeenemunde

International football is absolutely boring.
Wales on 06:52 - Sep 5 with 3932 viewsbuilthjack

Wales on 06:24 - Sep 5 by peenemunde

Have you been away with Wales?

Wales on 06:53 - Sep 5 with 3929 viewsCooperman

Wales on 06:24 - Sep 5 by peenemunde

I will put you straight on this as you are only after a rise.

The majority of the meaningless friendlies are boring; you are right in this respect. However the competetitive matches very often have an edge to them and are considerably more pleasing to watch. I can only assume that you didn’t watch the recent World Cup.

Wales on 06:53 - Sep 5 with 3926 viewsCooperman

Wales on 06:52 - Sep 5 by builthjack

Have you been away with Wales?

Of course he hasn’t.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024