Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Up to 50 m hidden by K & L (financial rant) 08:28 - Sep 5 with 8647 viewsomarjack

There is no conspiracy theory here, It's clear to anyone who isn't delusional that the owners are hiding profits under "wage bill and other costs"

From the squad we have, Our wage bill (for the last 2 seasons) can't possibly be higher than 80 m including manager pay offs..and around 25 m in extra costs leaves us with a 105 m in actual expenses..what about the other 22 m?

And if you want to add the profit they actually recorded (because half truth is always much believable) which was around 13 m..I truly estimate that the owners made around 35 m in profit from the 1st year alone.

And I'm very confident that they did the same trick this season. Took in 15-20 m (there is no way to know exactly, and it can't be proven so many look at me like a madman) plus whatever money they've made from selling players which I estimate to be around 33 m until 31 June this year (Siggy, Llorente, Kingsley, Mesa, Fabianski) vs buying A. Ayew, Bony, Renato, Clucas, Abraham, Celina, Asoro)

Which will result in an a 45 m profit total between recorded profit and hidden one.

In the first 2 seasons they've already made 80 m in profit from the club..let's say 70 m so the owner lovers don't come at me with pitchforks.

For this season, They've already made 13 m in sales until this point..plus maybe 10 m in hidden profits..But with around 30 m financial hole caused by the relegation, the owners will suffer a little bit and lose around 10 m or so this season on their investment.

So far..The owners banked around 60 m in profit from the club.

How much money did they pay for the takeover again? If someone can remind me it'd be nice.

And before you assemble a lynch mob. Think hard of why on earth do businessmen like these who know f*ck all about "soccer" want to stay. For the paltry recorded profits they might make, all to be eaten away by costs of relegation? No, there is much more to that. They've taken 40-50 m in profits from the club secretly. Does the trust know about this? I don't even think the trust exists to be honest. Only trust members think it does. But all evidence indicates that its members are made of cardboard.

[Post edited 5 Sep 2018 8:31]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Up to 50 m hidden by K & L (financial rant) on 12:03 - Sep 5 with 1474 viewsDarran

Whoever reported this thread should be banned and I’m going to discuss it with Phil.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Up to 50 m hidden by K & L (financial rant) on 12:05 - Sep 5 with 1459 viewsAl_Bundy

Up to 50 m hidden by K & L (financial rant) on 11:47 - Sep 5 by omarjack

They are allowed.

But I don't have to like them doing so. Especially since they hid the money from under the table just so the sheeple followers don't notice. It's probably legal but immoral and disgusting. And the club is heading down to the far deep end while they're still trying to squeeze every dime and getting rich..soon enough they'll sell the club for pennies and disappear to the sunset with the city's money..us? Our club will be butchered, possibly forever. Never to return to the top flight again.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2018 11:48]

The finger should be pointed squarely pointed at Jenkins. He sold the club to a questionable new ownership. He was integral in recruiting new managers, he has also wasted millions on players who don't fit our club or injury prone. He has been supported by the board to deliver a sustainable squad but his decisions is why we were relegated and why the board have reeled him in and capped our spending.

In the real business world Jenkins would have been removed from in position and has been out of his depth for quite a while. The plan i'm sure was to push us to a top ten premier side with a possible stadium expansion now we are left with a massive drop in revenue, Championship football, no stadium expansion and a fan base which could disappear and get fickle if results take a downward trend over the next month or so.

Jenkins will neither lose his job or take a pay cut I don't doubt as everyone around him is or taking a hit from relegation.
Up to 50 m hidden by K & L (financial rant) on 12:06 - Sep 5 with 1453 viewsomarjack

Up to 50 m hidden by K & L (financial rant) on 12:03 - Sep 5 by Darran

Whoever reported this thread should be banned and I’m going to discuss it with Phil.

It may be that the points I mentioned are off mark (although I don't believe so)..But the fact that some on here want it shut down raises many red flags I'd say. My suspicion grew.

Up to 50 m hidden by K & L (financial rant) on 12:10 - Sep 5 with 1437 viewsbyron

Noooooooooo, they never took a dime baby🤩😎👀🤑

Benny

Up to 50 m hidden by K & L (financial rant) on 12:10 - Sep 5 with 1441 viewsomarjack

Up to 50 m hidden by K & L (financial rant) on 12:05 - Sep 5 by Al_Bundy

The finger should be pointed squarely pointed at Jenkins. He sold the club to a questionable new ownership. He was integral in recruiting new managers, he has also wasted millions on players who don't fit our club or injury prone. He has been supported by the board to deliver a sustainable squad but his decisions is why we were relegated and why the board have reeled him in and capped our spending.

In the real business world Jenkins would have been removed from in position and has been out of his depth for quite a while. The plan i'm sure was to push us to a top ten premier side with a possible stadium expansion now we are left with a massive drop in revenue, Championship football, no stadium expansion and a fan base which could disappear and get fickle if results take a downward trend over the next month or so.

Jenkins will neither lose his job or take a pay cut I don't doubt as everyone around him is or taking a hit from relegation.

Huw Jenkins is the Evil One himself portrayed in the scriptures of Abrahamic religions. I'm not a "spiritual" person or whatever, But If the devil walks amongst us, he's embodied our Director of Football.

100% agree btw.

Up to 50 m hidden by K & L (financial rant) on 12:14 - Sep 5 with 1428 views34dfgdf54

Up to 50 m hidden by K & L (financial rant) on 11:43 - Sep 5 by omarjack

To the Res..or whoever reported my thread for "abuse"

[Post edited 5 Sep 2018 11:43]

It was me I believe, done by accident.

For some reason I have a cross at the top saying "Abuse Reported" anyway, so assuming it was me.

Apologies.
Up to 50 m hidden by K & L (financial rant) on 12:15 - Sep 5 with 1423 viewsomarjack

Up to 50 m hidden by K & L (financial rant) on 12:14 - Sep 5 by 34dfgdf54

For some reason I have a cross at the top saying "Abuse Reported" anyway, so assuming it was me.

Apologies.

Ah! Mystery solved..how anti-climactic.

And there is no need to apologise, friend. I once up arrowed moonie by mistake. I had to take a shower after.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2018 12:17]

Up to 50 m hidden by K & L (financial rant) on 12:16 - Sep 5 with 1421 views34dfgdf54

Up to 50 m hidden by K & L (financial rant) on 12:15 - Sep 5 by omarjack

Ah! Mystery solved..how anti-climactic.

And there is no need to apologise, friend. I once up arrowed moonie by mistake. I had to take a shower after.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2018 12:17]

I hope Darran and Phil haven't had their meeting yet!
Login to get fewer ads

Up to 50 m hidden by K & L (financial rant) on 12:22 - Sep 5 with 1395 viewsMo_Wives

Up to 50 m hidden by K & L (financial rant) on 12:14 - Sep 5 by 34dfgdf54

Apologies.

Is that how you tell?

F*ck me, I've had that before and blamed mart6 for reporting it

Sorry, martin, I apologise

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Up to 50 m hidden by K & L (financial rant) on 12:24 - Sep 5 with 1386 viewsMo_Wives

Up to 50 m hidden by K & L (financial rant) on 12:22 - Sep 5 by Mo_Wives

Is that how you tell?

F*ck me, I've had that before and blamed mart6 for reporting it

Sorry, martin, I apologise

Hang on. There's a cross and abuse reported at the top of this thread now. Can't have been me...I take the apology back. F*ck off martin.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Up to 50 m hidden by K & L (financial rant) on 12:26 - Sep 5 with 1379 viewsDarran

Up to 50 m hidden by K & L (financial rant) on 12:16 - Sep 5 by 34dfgdf54

I hope Darran and Phil haven't had their meeting yet!

It’s been cancelled. Apology accepted

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Up to 50 m hidden by K & L (financial rant) on 12:30 - Sep 5 with 1369 viewsblackswan

7 years in the premier league approximately 1 billion revenue and we haven't a pot to p in questions need to be asked
Up to 50 m hidden by K & L (financial rant) on 12:32 - Sep 5 with 1359 views34dfgdf54

Up to 50 m hidden by K & L (financial rant) on 12:24 - Sep 5 by Mo_Wives

Hang on. There's a cross and abuse reported at the top of this thread now. Can't have been me...I take the apology back. F*ck off martin.

Ah is it.

Not me then, didn't realise everyone could see it.

Darran - get the meeting back on.
Up to 50 m hidden by K & L (financial rant) on 12:34 - Sep 5 with 1356 viewscostalotta

Up to 50 m hidden by K & L (financial rant) on 08:53 - Sep 5 by TheResurrection

This is the truly disgraceful aspect of it all and sums up Lisa and the Trust

But, if there's a chance to slag off our squad she's here like a shot.

Beware

Why are you blaming Lisa for this? It’s Omar’s post!

Anyway, you promote balanced so why not read what he says and offer balance instead of all of this. You can’t shut people down Chris. In fact the more you try the louder they’ll become.

To be fair, I’ve not heard her slag off our squad! She slagged off those that have attempted to handle the window. Which many do agree with. Just because you don’t agree or see it the same way shouldn’t mean it’s f a king world war 3 or worse still calling her Out!

I’ve had reservation of the Trust and commented many times. But, you want unity then act like you do. Even I can see the need for silence on their part right now and I’ve been one of their biggest critics. But there’s stuff going happening.
Up to 50 m hidden by K & L (financial rant) on 12:35 - Sep 5 with 1353 viewsMo_Wives

Up to 50 m hidden by K & L (financial rant) on 12:32 - Sep 5 by 34dfgdf54

Ah is it.

Not me then, didn't realise everyone could see it.

Darran - get the meeting back on.

Yep. I got the same. Thank f*ck, coz that apology to mart really stuck in my craw.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Up to 50 m hidden by K & L (financial rant) (n/t) on 12:44 - Sep 5 with 1322 viewsairedale

Up to 50 m hidden by K & L (financial rant) (n/t) on 10:24 - Sep 5 by Liam

[Post edited 5 Sep 2018 10:56]

You’re not wrong Liam. (And very succinctly put too).
Up to 50 m hidden by K & L (financial rant) on 13:27 - Sep 5 with 1245 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Up to 50 m hidden by K & L (financial rant) on 12:01 - Sep 5 by majorraglan

This is a public forum where, short of libelling someone people can express any concerns they want. The OP has raised concerns regarding the club’s financial situation, I wouldn’t expect the Trust committee members to comment on speculation and I would also say that the people who should be first to hear are Trust members not readers of Planet Swans. Has it occurred to you that the Trust may be keeping their counsel because of the other issues that are on going.

I don't think the Trust can engage with the type of nonsense that goes on here.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Up to 50 m hidden by K & L (financial rant) on 13:28 - Sep 5 with 1245 viewsSmellyplumz

Up to 50 m hidden by K & L (financial rant) on 10:47 - Sep 5 by Loyal

The implication by some is they are taking money and then covering their tracks not openly taking it and declaring it.

Truther

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Up to 50 m hidden by K & L (financial rant) on 13:51 - Sep 5 with 1209 viewsicecoldjack

The only thing I will say is that the general view point of what wages our players actually get is wide of the mark, most of them arn't on the huge numbers people think. One or two are on an obscene amount the rest were on lower level prem wages in keeping with what they should be getting for that league..apparently.

So the money is going somewhere and it apparently suits the club down to the ground to have these wild numbers attached to players like clucas who were never earning the numbers suggested.

Food for thought perhaps
Up to 50 m hidden by K & L (financial rant) on 14:04 - Sep 5 with 1195 viewsEU5Makaveli

Unless the financial accounts are made public (which they won't be). There is literally no way of knowing if money has been taken out of the club and this is merely speculation.

I don't doubt that there has been no investment but you can't tell me Kaplan and Leiven have 'hidden' 50 million and taken it out of the club with no noise from the trust.
Up to 50 m hidden by K & L (financial rant) on 14:08 - Sep 5 with 1185 viewsBadlands

Up to 50 m hidden by K & L (financial rant) on 14:04 - Sep 5 by EU5Makaveli

Unless the financial accounts are made public (which they won't be). There is literally no way of knowing if money has been taken out of the club and this is merely speculation.

I don't doubt that there has been no investment but you can't tell me Kaplan and Leiven have 'hidden' 50 million and taken it out of the club with no noise from the trust.

Financial accounts are made public.

Last time we were in the Championship we were financially just in the black and working within our means.
Today we are (possibly) just in the black and working within our means.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Up to 50 m hidden by K & L (financial rant) on 14:13 - Sep 5 with 1175 viewsJackBaston

Unfortunately if they want to take money out of the club I'm not sure there's anything we can do, as much as we may hate the yanks, it's Jenkins and co who put us in this situation, and they're the ones who should be accountable, especially when they still make money from us

As for the Trust, they were in place to prevent something like this happening, so my feelings are mixed about them, I still don't think they've learnt from their mistakes, and still talk to fans like they're in a business meeting, more worried about what they look like they're doing than actually doing anything. Any updates on mediation?
Up to 50 m hidden by K & L (financial rant) on 14:32 - Sep 5 with 1158 viewsmajorraglan

Up to 50 m hidden by K & L (financial rant) on 14:04 - Sep 5 by EU5Makaveli

Financial accounts are made public, but I don’t believe the information disclosed would go in to sufficient detail to work out exactly who is being paid what. The Trust as shareholders should have access to more detailed information, but thee was a post on here last night which suggested the Trust were having difficulty getting information.
Up to 50 m hidden by K & L (financial rant) on 18:38 - Sep 5 with 1058 viewsE20Jack

Up to 50 m hidden by K & L (financial rant) on 12:01 - Sep 5 by majorraglan

This is a public forum where, short of libelling someone people can express any concerns they want. The OP has raised concerns regarding the club’s financial situation, I wouldn’t expect the Trust committee members to comment on speculation and I would also say that the people who should be first to hear are Trust members not readers of Planet Swans. Has it occurred to you that the Trust may be keeping their counsel because of the other issues that are on going.

You don’t think that stating “this is not a conspiracy theory, it is clear that they are hiding money away disguised as wages” is libellous? I’m amazed this thread is still here. I can only assume it’s so ridiculous that they find it more funny than damaging.

However I am of slightly different opinion. For a start I have not tried to stop anyone posting anything so important to correct that, people are free to post stupid thing if they want. Secondly, I just pointed out that while these ridiculous posts may seem just that on the surface it is muddying the waters, creating bad feeling with people unable to understand financials to a point where they may even see this as feasible. It’s odd that the Trust wouldn’t want to stop this misinformation by responding - while they are happy posting elsewhere on other non important things.

Just an observation.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Up to 50 m hidden by K & L (financial rant) on 18:59 - Sep 5 with 1025 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Up to 50 m hidden by K & L (financial rant) on 14:32 - Sep 5 by majorraglan

Financial accounts are made public, but I don’t believe the information disclosed would go in to sufficient detail to work out exactly who is being paid what. The Trust as shareholders should have access to more detailed information, but thee was a post on here last night which suggested the Trust were having difficulty getting information.

The detailed information at a transactional level tells you what's moving where. The filed financial accounts are pretty high level.
I'm sure we can all think of cases where businesses have filed orderly accounts only to have a different picture emerge.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024