Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Nice Touch from the Club 17:24 - Sep 5 with 11188 viewsArizlan2

Take note Jason Levien, this is what football is all about, making people happy, not your bank manager!

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/teachers-swans-surprise
A Nice Touch from the Club on 10:42 - Sep 8 with 719 viewsE20Jack

A Nice Touch from the Club on 10:22 - Sep 8 by jack247

So according to Leigh Dineen we should be about ship shape now then? We must have made a transfer surplus of about £40m, albeit most not up front, and slashed our outgoings. Should mean that we shouldn’t need to cash in on anyone in January and if we do, Potter should expect a decent chunk of what we raise to reshape the squad?

I don’t think anyone could ever claim we were likely to make a direct profit on Ayew, buying him for roughly what we sold him for, when his form had dropped significantly at West Ham and we had a good chance of relegation. If you think he was a good gamble, purely as a purchase, in the knowledge we were likely to be £40m in the hole if we went down, fair enough, it’s your opinion.

Are you implying it’s the fans fault that players aren’t coming to us? I’d have thought it more likely no one is coming because we aren’t in a position to buy them.

Close to, yes. No idea regarding January it depends what is counted in the shortfall and what is needed to continue to run on an even keel. We are out of any immediate danger I would have thought, but that doesn’t mean we can be frivolous with extra money as there is another shortfall the season after and the season after as parachute payments get reduced. He will get what we can afford to give I would presume and not a penny more.

Yep I will always maintain he was a signing worth making, without any doubt in my mind.

Where am I implying that? You are taking a sentence made clearly in future tense and applying it to the past, only you can know why you did that.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

A Nice Touch from the Club on 10:45 - Sep 8 with 707 viewsE20Jack

A Nice Touch from the Club on 10:25 - Sep 8 by 34dfgdf54

<< I don’t think anyone could ever claim we were likely to make a direct profit on Ayew, buying him for roughly what we sold him for, when his form had dropped significantly at West Ham and we had a good chance of relegation. If you think he was a good gamble, purely as a purchase, in the knowledge we were likely to be £40m in the hole if we went down, fair enough, it’s your opinion. >>

I thought signing Ayew gave us a chance of staying up, I was wrong. Also thought we would make atleast some return on him, wrong. I suppose that’s why I’m not earning £500k per year plus bonuses to make these decisions though, nor is E20 thank f*ck.

You weren’t wrong, he did give us a chance of saying up. You are confusing outcome with the initial thought.

If I flip a coin and you say it has a chance of landing in heads and it lands on tails - it doesn’t mean you were wrong, in fact you were entirely correct.

You have also made a final decision on return even though he is still registered to us. That’s an error.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2018 10:46]

A Nice Touch from the Club on 11:03 - Sep 8 with 690 viewsjack247

A Nice Touch from the Club on 10:42 - Sep 8 by E20Jack

Close to, yes. No idea regarding January it depends what is counted in the shortfall and what is needed to continue to run on an even keel. We are out of any immediate danger I would have thought, but that doesn’t mean we can be frivolous with extra money as there is another shortfall the season after and the season after as parachute payments get reduced. He will get what we can afford to give I would presume and not a penny more.

Yep I will always maintain he was a signing worth making, without any doubt in my mind.

Where am I implying that? You are taking a sentence made clearly in future tense and applying it to the past, only you can know why you did that.

I’m asking you if that’s what you are implying. Fans at loggerheads with owners, trust (supposedly a body to represent fans) at loggerheads with Americans. I’m asking you if you think that’s one of the main reasons we haven’t signed many players. If you want to stick to future tense, are you implying that players are unlikely to want to come here in January or August for those reasons?

Your first paragraph confirms you don’t know what the shortfall was or if it has been covered.

Thank you for the clarity re. The Ayew transfer.
A Nice Touch from the Club on 11:06 - Sep 8 with 688 viewsE20Jack

A Nice Touch from the Club on 11:03 - Sep 8 by jack247

I’m asking you if that’s what you are implying. Fans at loggerheads with owners, trust (supposedly a body to represent fans) at loggerheads with Americans. I’m asking you if you think that’s one of the main reasons we haven’t signed many players. If you want to stick to future tense, are you implying that players are unlikely to want to come here in January or August for those reasons?

Your first paragraph confirms you don’t know what the shortfall was or if it has been covered.

Thank you for the clarity re. The Ayew transfer.

Why would you ask that when I clearly haven’t said anything even close to that?

Yes I absolutely think the fact there is disharmony at the club could well be a reason a player chooses somewhere else instead of coming here. I made that clear when I said it.

The shortfall is/was £40m as Dineen confirmed. I don’t know what is confusing you about that. It means we can’t go spending stuff to put it in simple terms if that helps further?

A Nice Touch from the Club on 12:16 - Sep 8 with 663 viewsjack247

A Nice Touch from the Club on 11:06 - Sep 8 by E20Jack

Why would you ask that when I clearly haven’t said anything even close to that?

Yes I absolutely think the fact there is disharmony at the club could well be a reason a player chooses somewhere else instead of coming here. I made that clear when I said it.

The shortfall is/was £40m as Dineen confirmed. I don’t know what is confusing you about that. It means we can’t go spending stuff to put it in simple terms if that helps further?

Because it’s very close to what you actually said.

There will be far less disharmony at the club when we get ourselves back to a position where we can strengthen as well as weaken the squad. Disharmony is irrelevant in terms of incoming transfers at the moment because we’ve bought high, sold low and can’t bring anyone in even if they really wanted to come here, like in August.

If the shortfall ‘is/was’ £40m, you clearly don’t know how much it is now, whether we are close to being out of the woods or still up to our necks.
A Nice Touch from the Club on 12:27 - Sep 8 with 657 viewsE20Jack

A Nice Touch from the Club on 12:16 - Sep 8 by jack247

Because it’s very close to what you actually said.

There will be far less disharmony at the club when we get ourselves back to a position where we can strengthen as well as weaken the squad. Disharmony is irrelevant in terms of incoming transfers at the moment because we’ve bought high, sold low and can’t bring anyone in even if they really wanted to come here, like in August.

If the shortfall ‘is/was’ £40m, you clearly don’t know how much it is now, whether we are close to being out of the woods or still up to our necks.

No it isn’t. If I said buying some lottery tickets next week will increase my chances of winning the lottery, that is a million miles from saying I have won it. Your pedantry and creating of non existent arguments leads me to create these similar scenarios more than anyone else I have ever spoken to.

No it won’t. It has nothing to do with finance. The fans have been like this for years, determined to wallow in negativity. Even if they have to create it where it doesn’t exist. That won’t change with healthy finances.

If it is/was £40m then you can know how close we are by looking at the income and expenditure of the players. You seem to think a shortfall can only be present once however. You aren’t considering that our finances for the next 3 seasons will decrease, so it isn’t a case of spending anything we get above that initial £40m figure. What point is it that you want to make exactly regarding that?

A Nice Touch from the Club on 12:47 - Sep 8 with 647 viewsjack247

A Nice Touch from the Club on 12:27 - Sep 8 by E20Jack

No it isn’t. If I said buying some lottery tickets next week will increase my chances of winning the lottery, that is a million miles from saying I have won it. Your pedantry and creating of non existent arguments leads me to create these similar scenarios more than anyone else I have ever spoken to.

No it won’t. It has nothing to do with finance. The fans have been like this for years, determined to wallow in negativity. Even if they have to create it where it doesn’t exist. That won’t change with healthy finances.

If it is/was £40m then you can know how close we are by looking at the income and expenditure of the players. You seem to think a shortfall can only be present once however. You aren’t considering that our finances for the next 3 seasons will decrease, so it isn’t a case of spending anything we get above that initial £40m figure. What point is it that you want to make exactly regarding that?

Just do us both a favour and stop creating these silly scenarios then. I don’t get anything out of them, you just make yourself look like someone who creates irrelevant, yet weighted, scenarios to embellish his point.

Absolutely disagree on your second paragraph. True the fans have never taken to the Americans, had the Americans moved the club forward they absolutely would have. The previous regime were treated like demi gods in Swansea.

All you know is it was £40m at one point in time. You don’t know if that accounts for the Mawson, Fabianski, etc transfers. Of course our finances will decrease, so will our expenditure.

I haven’t said we should spend everything we earn over £40m. You made that up again. I’ve said given the depth of the squad, it’s reasonable to expect Potter to be given a decent chunk of anything we earn from sales IF we are actually now back on an even keel.
A Nice Touch from the Club on 22:30 - Sep 8 with 607 viewsE20Jack

A Nice Touch from the Club on 12:47 - Sep 8 by jack247

Just do us both a favour and stop creating these silly scenarios then. I don’t get anything out of them, you just make yourself look like someone who creates irrelevant, yet weighted, scenarios to embellish his point.

Absolutely disagree on your second paragraph. True the fans have never taken to the Americans, had the Americans moved the club forward they absolutely would have. The previous regime were treated like demi gods in Swansea.

All you know is it was £40m at one point in time. You don’t know if that accounts for the Mawson, Fabianski, etc transfers. Of course our finances will decrease, so will our expenditure.

I haven’t said we should spend everything we earn over £40m. You made that up again. I’ve said given the depth of the squad, it’s reasonable to expect Potter to be given a decent chunk of anything we earn from sales IF we are actually now back on an even keel.

If you want the end to the scenarios then you have to start understanding what I am saying and stop making loaded assumptions. You also need to put a stop to us both agreeing your point is invalid - then making the same point again later down the line. I can only assume you don’t understand why it is invalid which is why I have to show you with the scenarios - which I feel have done a good job of doing just that up to now.

What do you mean by “move this club forward”? It had peaked. You were really expecting top 7 finishes and European football just because we had a change of ownership? What did you expect would change? Come on now. The fans had it in for them from day 1. Look at the success we are having this season and the reaction, even having our history rewritten with people making a case that our achievements “weren’t that good” and are “in a false position”. This is because they don’t want to attribute success to either Jenkins or the Americans.

Nope, we knew it was £40m upon relegation not “an unspecified time”. It would be more helpful to the discussion if you just asked me “E20, when is that dated from?” as opposed to completely making it up and hoping to be corrected in order to garner the information. What do you mean our “expenditure will decrease”? You just wanted us to spend £7m on a single player and are annoyed about it. You are either being obtuse or genuinely aren’t grasping the situation here.

I didn’t say you did say that did I? You are once again fabricating what I am saying, or just changing it to what you want me to say. As I (actually) said: you are not understanding things and I feel another scenario coming on, I tried explaining the normal way.

You have that tax bill of 300k at the end of the month. You have just managed to scrape it together to pay it, plus an extra 20k. You know you will owe an extra 50k on top of that in year 2 and your wife says “come on then, we have covered the gap now and a bit more, give me a decent chunk”. Sorry love but it’s still not our money, it’s earmarked for the next payment.

So to try and explain normally again. Closing the deficit now is great. That doesn’t mean we can spend all of it or even a signifficant chunk of anything we make in January due to revenue decreasing again in year 2. So if we are on an even keel in year 1, it doesn’t mean we will be in year 2. Meaning we will probably need money held from year 1 to service the shortfall in year 2. That’s parachute payments for you. Can’t explain it any clearer, if you and Potter are still disappointed that we aren’t risking our financial future to bring in expensive championship players then that’s just tough I am afraid.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2018 0:57]

Login to get fewer ads

A Nice Touch from the Club on 22:42 - Sep 8 with 596 viewsbonymine

A Nice Touch from the Club on 22:30 - Sep 8 by E20Jack

If you want the end to the scenarios then you have to start understanding what I am saying and stop making loaded assumptions. You also need to put a stop to us both agreeing your point is invalid - then making the same point again later down the line. I can only assume you don’t understand why it is invalid which is why I have to show you with the scenarios - which I feel have done a good job of doing just that up to now.

What do you mean by “move this club forward”? It had peaked. You were really expecting top 7 finishes and European football just because we had a change of ownership? What did you expect would change? Come on now. The fans had it in for them from day 1. Look at the success we are having this season and the reaction, even having our history rewritten with people making a case that our achievements “weren’t that good” and are “in a false position”. This is because they don’t want to attribute success to either Jenkins or the Americans.

Nope, we knew it was £40m upon relegation not “an unspecified time”. It would be more helpful to the discussion if you just asked me “E20, when is that dated from?” as opposed to completely making it up and hoping to be corrected in order to garner the information. What do you mean our “expenditure will decrease”? You just wanted us to spend £7m on a single player and are annoyed about it. You are either being obtuse or genuinely aren’t grasping the situation here.

I didn’t say you did say that did I? You are once again fabricating what I am saying, or just changing it to what you want me to say. As I (actually) said: you are not understanding things and I feel another scenario coming on, I tried explaining the normal way.

You have that tax bill of 300k at the end of the month. You have just managed to scrape it together to pay it, plus an extra 20k. You know you will owe an extra 50k on top of that in year 2 and your wife says “come on then, we have covered the gap now and a bit more, give me a decent chunk”. Sorry love but it’s still not our money, it’s earmarked for the next payment.

So to try and explain normally again. Closing the deficit now is great. That doesn’t mean we can spend all of it or even a signifficant chunk of anything we make in January due to revenue decreasing again in year 2. So if we are on an even keel in year 1, it doesn’t mean we will be in year 2. Meaning we will probably need money held from year 1 to service the shortfall in year 2. That’s parachute payments for you. Can’t explain it any clearer, if you and Potter are still disappointed that we aren’t risking our financial future to bring in expensive championship players then that’s just tough I am afraid.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2018 0:57]

One thing which I am not clear on is whether YOU are on the payroll of the Yanks or Jenkins or Both .....???

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

A Nice Touch from the Club on 22:45 - Sep 8 with 595 views_

A Nice Touch from the Club on 22:42 - Sep 8 by bonymine

One thing which I am not clear on is whether YOU are on the payroll of the Yanks or Jenkins or Both .....???

One thing I am not sure about is whether you are in total control of all your faculties.

GET OUT OF something or other, CLUB. Out. Sell out, get out....!!

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

A Nice Touch from the Club on 23:11 - Sep 8 with 573 viewsbonymine

A Nice Touch from the Club on 22:45 - Sep 8 by _

One thing I am not sure about is whether you are in total control of all your faculties.

GET OUT OF something or other, CLUB. Out. Sell out, get out....!!

I am in total control of my faculties old boy (aka W⚓️😉) but you truly need to get a grip of your life and bend over for Huw & friends to F*ck you over once again ....

You Greedy B@stards Get Out Of OUR Club .....

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

A Nice Touch from the Club on 23:57 - Sep 8 with 560 viewsE20Jack

Don’t think they have a position of Talking Sense Officer.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024