Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Chairman’s Update 19:13 - Sep 5 with 12780 viewsDarran

‘It has been almost three weeks since the last update I provided to our members about events at Swans Trust, at what is a critical time for both the Trust and the Club.

I have some key updates for you around the mediation process that we announced in May and the questions we have asked the football club around the decisions taken over the last few months.

Let me start with an update about the mediation process. In May, we informed our members that we had attempted to engage with the majority owners of Swansea City and other parties (including Huw Jenkins and Martin Morgan) through a formal mediation process, beginning with a claim letter that set out the Trust’s legal case in detail and proposed a mediation. Mediation is a voluntary and confidential process in which relevant parties seek to resolve disputes with the assistance of a trained independent and impartial mediator.

Our aim was, and remains, to seek an agreement to settle past differences, subject to members’ approval, with a view to moving ahead together with the task of rebuilding the club and returning it to top level football.

The Trust entered this process in good faith, attempting to resolve all issues without the need for formal court proceedings. Unfortunately, the legal representatives of the majority owners initially refused our offer to mediate, questioning whether it was genuine, and bizarrely accused the Trust of trying to harm the Club.

An initial ’Without Prejudice’ meeting was held with Huw Jenkins and Martin Morgan in early June, however there has been no follow up meeting with them or their lawyers, although the Trust was open to the possibility.

The courts have a ‘Practice Direction’, which sets out the guidelines which parties in dispute should follow before they start court proceedings. This includes trying to reach agreement by means such as mediation. The Practice Direction outlines a maximum timeline within which the relevant parties should provide a full written response to the Trust’s claim. The Trust and its legal representatives have provided every opportunity for this to be met, even allowing the maximum possible timeline which is usually reserved for more complex cases than this. Unfortunately, this deadline passed on 20thAugust without a response being received, either from the majority owners or the others.

Since the deadline passed, things have progressed a little. Our legal team were contacted by the legal representatives of the majority owners and, as a result, we are currently in discussions to arrange a meeting between the Trust, the majority owners and other parties within the next few weeks.

As a Trust, we must continue to protect our legal position. As part of the mediation process, the Trust requested access to various pieces of documentation relating to the 2016 sale.These documents have not yet been received. On the advice of our legal team, the Trust board has instructed our lawyers to initiate legal action to obtain access to these documents, unless they are provided within a further 7 days. This is a limited legal action specifically to obtain access to these documents. It is not the same as undertaking legal action relating to the sale itself and its impact on the Trust’s shareholding. We hope those issues can still be resolved as part of the discussions that are scheduled to take place in the next few weeks. However, these documents are important so that the Trust can best advise its members on the next course of action to take, which could mean undertaking legal action relating to the 2016 sale and its impact on the Trust’s position.

I can assure you that we will investigate every option available to us to ensure that we get the right result for the Trust, whichwill only be concluded following a full consultation and ballot of our members. We will, of course, continue to keep you updated as things progress.

As representatives of the fans, it is key that we understand the reasons for decisions made by the Club and gain assurances on the financial management of the Club. In my last update, I said that the Trust had sent a comprehensive list of questions to the majority owners of the Club, to obtain some clarity on the club’s financial position after this summer, understand the reasons for why decisions were made as well as seeking to ensure that the decisions taken are in the best interests of the Club. Many of these questions related to our transfer dealings this summer, but we also sought clarity on our financial obligations in the future, such as the salaries of senior employees. We know that relegation to the Championship means that we will receive considerably less revenue than previously, and we need to cut our cloth accordingly, but without visibility on the current situation we cannot say if the decisions taken were in the Club’s best interests.

The majority owners have responded to our requests and offered to meet with Stuart MacDonald, our Supporter Director, to answer our questions and provide those assurances. That was a positive step. However, the club havealso insisted that before any meeting takes place that an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) was signed by Stuart. This NDA would have prevented Stuart releasing key information into the public domain but, crucially, also stopped him from providing any information to the Trust board. This is unacceptable as it would mean that the Trust board could not gain the reassurances that we needed, plus puts our Supporter Director in an impossible position.

We have advised the majority owners that our Supporter Director will not be signing this document and we are deeply disappointed and angry that it was suggested he should sign in the first place given both Stuart’s position as a Director of the Club (which already brings with it fiduciary duties regarding confidential information being made public) but also our position as a 21% shareholder and representative of the fans. We will continue to push for these answers but not being able to provide them at this time is very disappointing.

Furthermore, the request to sign an NDA arrived just 48 hours after some key commercial information relating to the club was released via a private message exchange on Twitter by a current employee (and former shareholder) with a young supporter, which later entered the public domain. Whilst we welcome all levels of fan engagement by members of the Club’s hierarchy, it is completely inappropriate that the Supporter Director is asked to withhold information from the Trust board whilst others release this information to anyone who asks. Not for the first time, we have expressed our strong opinion that Leigh Dineen’s continued employment at the football club is inappropriate, not least due to his unprofessionalism in this matter.

On a separate note we were pleased to play a part in the competitive pricing for the Carabao Cup tie against Crystal Palace and we commend the club for listening to our viewpoints on this matter. While the result did not go our way, there were some promising debuts for some of our younger players which was pleasing to see.

I would also like to applaud the excellent efforts of Graham Potter, the coaching staff and the playing squad in performing so well at the start of this season. There has also been an obvious change in footballing philosophy on the pitch and this has made watching the Swans a much more enjoyable experience than in recent times.

This is a critical time for this organisation, and the Club as a whole. The Trust is only as strong as its membership and, in the coming weeks, we will be seeking to increase our membership base to provide as strong a voice for the fans as possible. We would welcome your help in getting the message out to fans about the importance of joining and the need for a strong Supporters Trust, especially at this time.

I would like to thank everyone who has joined us this evening and for all members who have already joined for this year. We will now open for any questions’
[Post edited 5 Sep 2018 19:17]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Trust Chairman’s Update on 19:15 - Sep 5 with 4273 viewsDarran

The Yanks don’t tell lies.

©️ The Res 2018

Trust Chairman’s Update on 19:19 - Sep 5 with 4236 viewsCooperman

I believe that it has been said on here that the Trust have sufficient visibility of club finances.

I get a different impression from reading that.

And as for making SD sign an NDA, well that just about sums things up.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Trust Chairman’s Update on 19:22 - Sep 5 with 4217 viewsDarran

Trust Chairman’s Update on 19:19 - Sep 5 by Cooperman

I believe that it has been said on here that the Trust have sufficient visibility of club finances.

I get a different impression from reading that.

And as for making SD sign an NDA, well that just about sums things up.

Yeah but don’t forget they are open and honest.

Trust Chairman’s Update on 19:30 - Sep 5 with 4156 viewsOldjack

Trust Chairman’s Update on 19:15 - Sep 5 by Darran

©️ The Res 2018

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Trust Chairman’s Update on 19:33 - Sep 5 with 4100 viewsE20Jack

Not sure what they have lied about but that NDA regarding salaries is severely disappointing. I hope the appropriate information is released soon.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Trust Chairman’s Update on 19:37 - Sep 5 with 4081 viewsthornabyswan

Trust Chairman’s Update on 19:33 - Sep 5 by E20Jack

Not sure what they have lied about but that NDA regarding salaries is severely disappointing. I hope the appropriate information is released soon.

Is it specif to salaries then?

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Trust Chairman’s Update on 19:38 - Sep 5 with 4070 viewsBillyChong

FAO The Trust - they are still taking the absolute piss out of you. Stop fannying about and take them to task.
Trust Chairman’s Update on 19:44 - Sep 5 with 4000 views3swan

Trust Chairman’s Update on 19:38 - Sep 5 by BillyChong

FAO The Trust - they are still taking the absolute piss out of you. Stop fannying about and take them to task.

My 100% guess is that the Trust know that.

The important line is

"The courts have a ‘Practice Direction’, which sets out the guidelines which parties in dispute should follow before they start court proceedings."

The Trust must be seen to be doing everything by the book.
Login to get fewer ads

Trust Chairman’s Update on 19:45 - Sep 5 with 3981 viewsBlasterJack

Trust Chairman’s Update on 19:38 - Sep 5 by BillyChong

This.

Enough is enough. Time to call their bluff and stop dancing around handbags.

How many chances must you (we) give them? The contempt shown is staggering.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

Trust Chairman’s Update on 19:51 - Sep 5 with 3915 viewsWingstandwood

Staggering stuff! It's all there from the Yanks, Jenkins and Co!

Blatant stonewalling!.....Deliberate stalling/delay tactics i.e kick into the grass, and kick into the grass and into the grass again after that!.....Blatant roadblocking!......Refusal to recognise the legitimacy of SCST despite its 21% stake!.....Emotional blackmail i.e. accusing the Trust of harming the club!....Who exactly allowed a ruinous incompetent Trojan horse impostor to run riot?.... Cos that is where the clubs ruination truly lies and not SCST that appealed for professionalism and a Jenkins removal that was ignored!

Staggering stuff from a bunch of conniving snakes.

Quote: "The majority owners have responded to our requests and offered to meet with Stuart MacDonald, our Supporter Director, to answer our questions and provide those assurances. That was a positive step. However, the club have also insisted that before any meeting takes place that an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) was signed by Stuart."

FFS the contempt there beggars belief Yanks, Jenkins and Co are absolute scum!

Argus!

Trust Chairman’s Update on 19:55 - Sep 5 with 3868 viewsLeonWasGod

How many more chances do the Trust want to give them? “Seeking assurances”?

Spineless and toothless. So ultimately pointless, sadly.
Trust Chairman’s Update on 19:58 - Sep 5 with 3822 viewsE20Jack

Trust Chairman’s Update on 19:51 - Sep 5 by Wingstandwood

Staggering stuff! It's all there from the Yanks, Jenkins and Co!

Blatant stonewalling!.....Deliberate stalling/delay tactics i.e kick into the grass, and kick into the grass and into the grass again after that!.....Blatant roadblocking!......Refusal to recognise the legitimacy of SCST despite its 21% stake!.....Emotional blackmail i.e. accusing the Trust of harming the club!....Who exactly allowed a ruinous incompetent Trojan horse impostor to run riot?.... Cos that is where the clubs ruination truly lies and not SCST that appealed for professionalism and a Jenkins removal that was ignored!

Staggering stuff from a bunch of conniving snakes.

Quote: "The majority owners have responded to our requests and offered to meet with Stuart MacDonald, our Supporter Director, to answer our questions and provide those assurances. That was a positive step. However, the club have also insisted that before any meeting takes place that an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) was signed by Stuart."

FFS the contempt there beggars belief Yanks, Jenkins and Co are absolute scum!

But this is the exact reason we were telling the Trust to take legal action years ago. The fans voted not to.

I am fully behind the club in all aspects. But that doesn’t mean I am not behind legal action and it needs to happen. The Trust and it’s membership are unfortunately years behind.

Trust Chairman’s Update on 19:58 - Sep 5 with 3827 views34dfgdf54

F*cking hell.

Worrying times ahead.
Trust Chairman’s Update on 19:59 - Sep 5 with 3813 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The lack of transparency here is highly concerning, for example the need to use legal instruments to obtain information that the Trust Director is entitled to see.

Not looking good.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2018 20:01]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Trust Chairman’s Update on 19:59 - Sep 5 with 3810 viewsDarran

Any Swans fans that continue to trust Kaplan and Levien need to either pack in being a Swans fan or seek medical help. This isn’t the fault of the Trust.

Trust Chairman’s Update on 20:01 - Sep 5 with 3776 views34dfgdf54

Trust Chairman’s Update on 19:59 - Sep 5 by JACKMANANDBOY

The lack of transparency here is highly concerning, for example the need to use legal instruments to obtain information that the Trust Director is entitled to see.

Not looking good.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2018 20:01]

It makes me wonder how bad things actually are. scary as f*ck.

Genuinely think this could be Petty mk2 on our hands, and with much bigger money.
Trust Chairman’s Update on 20:02 - Sep 5 with 3761 viewsE20Jack

Trust Chairman’s Update on 19:59 - Sep 5 by Darran

Any Swans fans that continue to trust Kaplan and Levien need to either pack in being a Swans fan or seek medical help. This isn’t the fault of the Trust.

What isn’t?

I would say the fact they are still trying to talk years after they should have taken legal action after pushing a narrative that absolutely was going to block it is certainly the Trusts fault.

Trust Chairman’s Update on 20:03 - Sep 5 with 3761 viewsDarran

Trust Chairman’s Update on 20:01 - Sep 5 by 34dfgdf54

It makes me wonder how bad things actually are. scary as f*ck.

Genuinely think this could be Petty mk2 on our hands, and with much bigger money.

Some people won’t see anything wrong untill it is Blaine.

Trust Chairman’s Update on 20:07 - Sep 5 with 3719 viewswaynekerr55

Trust Chairman’s Update on 19:55 - Sep 5 by LeonWasGod

How many more chances do the Trust want to give them? “Seeking assurances”?

Spineless and toothless. So ultimately pointless, sadly.

No, it's a legal due process

The law is an arse, granted but they have to exhaust all avenues

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Trust Chairman’s Update on 20:07 - Sep 5 with 3709 viewsShaky

i have some sympathy with them not wanting the player salaries in the public domain.

If that is known it becomes easy for other clubs to know what to offer if when they want to tap somebody up.

Sure the trust Trust board would be bound by confidentiality, but in practice that almost certainly leaks like a sieve.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Trust Chairman’s Update on 20:08 - Sep 5 with 3709 viewsmarchamjack

The Res will be along shortly...as soon as he’s received his script and made sure he’s edited it properly

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Trust Chairman’s Update on 20:08 - Sep 5 with 3692 views3swan

Trust Chairman’s Update on 20:07 - Sep 5 by waynekerr55

No, it's a legal due process

The law is an arse, granted but they have to exhaust all avenues

Agree

It may not be palatable but court cases can be won or lost on technicalities
Trust Chairman’s Update on 20:08 - Sep 5 with 3687 viewsTheResurrection

Trust Chairman’s Update on 19:15 - Sep 5 by Darran

©️ The Res 2018

What lies?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Trust Chairman’s Update on 20:10 - Sep 5 with 3671 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Trust Chairman’s Update on 20:07 - Sep 5 by Shaky

i have some sympathy with them not wanting the player salaries in the public domain.

If that is known it becomes easy for other clubs to know what to offer if when they want to tap somebody up.

Sure the trust Trust board would be bound by confidentiality, but in practice that almost certainly leaks like a sieve.

In business takeovers, different scenario I know, the salary lists are shared anonymously.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Trust Chairman’s Update on 20:10 - Sep 5 with 3669 views34dfgdf54

Trust Chairman’s Update on 20:07 - Sep 5 by Shaky

The Trust own 21% of the club. They need to know, there’s no argument.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024