Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
T.V and BT box on in the morning. 21:56 - Sep 5 with 3181 viewsJack11

This has happened 3 times now in the last couple of months. First time I kind of ignored it, tired in the morning and rushing about to get out the door for work. It happened again a few weeks ago and was the case this morning so now I’m starting to think something weird is going on. I get up and come down stairs and as I’m getting near the living room it’s apparent the telly is on. Nothing unusual in that you might say - however, my other half is in bed and it can’t be my boy because he’s only 1 and in his cot! It can’t have been left on all night because the TV and box both switch off if they’ve not been touched for a couple of hours either. It’s not my partner because she is insistent she did not get up in the night with the little ‘un and I’d have heard them anyway. It’s a smart telly so has regular software updates and the box does too, but that couldn’t turn them both on. They have separate remotes so both need to be turned on to get them working. WTF is going on? Anyone else had similar?
[Post edited 5 Sep 2018 21:58]
T.V and BT box on in the morning. on 21:59 - Sep 5 with 3164 viewsCooperman

My Sky box has changed channels when none of the other boxes in the house have been switched on.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

T.V and BT box on in the morning. on 22:08 - Sep 5 with 3135 viewsJack11

T.V and BT box on in the morning. on 21:59 - Sep 5 by Cooperman

My Sky box has changed channels when none of the other boxes in the house have been switched on.

What could the cause of that be?
T.V and BT box on in the morning. on 22:10 - Sep 5 with 3127 viewst1000

Why would this be a problem ? The tv is ready for you to watch without having the hassle of turning tv on . Next u be telling me the plug is even off
T.V and BT box on in the morning. on 22:13 - Sep 5 with 3120 viewsJack11

T.V and BT box on in the morning. on 22:10 - Sep 5 by t1000

Why would this be a problem ? The tv is ready for you to watch without having the hassle of turning tv on . Next u be telling me the plug is even off

I admit it’s convenient, plug isn’t switched off though. Next time hopefully my sandwiches will be made and there’ll be a nice warm coffee ready too.
T.V and BT box on in the morning. on 22:36 - Sep 5 with 3088 viewsJack123

https://www.quora.com/Why-does-my-smart-TV-turn-itself-on

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/BT-you-view-box-automatically-turns-

libera nos a malo

T.V and BT box on in the morning. on 22:41 - Sep 5 with 3085 viewsJack11

T.V and BT box on in the morning. on 22:36 - Sep 5 by Jack123

https://www.quora.com/Why-does-my-smart-TV-turn-itself-on

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/BT-you-view-box-automatically-turns-

Thanks very much for this, reading the BT forum it looks like the BT box is making it happen.
T.V and BT box on in the morning. on 23:14 - Sep 5 with 3062 viewsJack123

T.V and BT box on in the morning. on 22:41 - Sep 5 by Jack11

Thanks very much for this, reading the BT forum it looks like the BT box is making it happen.

No worries, I was thinking it could be the BT box, or perhaps some sort of timer on the tv.

libera nos a malo

T.V and BT box on in the morning. on 23:16 - Sep 5 with 3053 viewsDarran

Sounds like a Poltergeist to me.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

T.V and BT box on in the morning. on 08:10 - Sep 6 with 2958 viewsbuilthjack

There are ghosts everywhere. They like watching tv in peace and quiet.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

T.V and BT box on in the morning. on 12:12 - Sep 6 with 2872 viewst1000

T.V and BT box on in the morning. on 22:13 - Sep 5 by Jack11

I admit it’s convenient, plug isn’t switched off though. Next time hopefully my sandwiches will be made and there’ll be a nice warm coffee ready too.

Lol and channel on babestation
T.V and BT box on in the morning. on 13:30 - Sep 6 with 2848 viewsCatullus

T.V and BT box on in the morning. on 08:10 - Sep 6 by builthjack

There are ghosts everywhere. They like watching tv in peace and quiet.

The ghost in ours prefers the PS4, there's bog all on tv see. Our sky box has changed channels by itself and recorded things no one wants to watch, I'd put ti down to next doors sky box having the same frequency because the walls are paper bl00dy thin!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024