Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Graham Potter Emotional Intelligence 02:25 - Sep 6 with 1603 viewsrayk48

Read that Potter has an advanced degree in emotional intelligence. Not meaning to bore anyone, however if you research what it is you can observe the early returns its usage is having, especially with Montero. Read some of the comments he has made about the coach, or gaffer ( sorry but I am an American. Does not make me a bad person as some old Scottish dude told me once in a Lidl in Glasgow) I have followed English football for 30 years but am not an expert. How much effect do you think such methods have on results? By the way I am as upset as any Swans fans about the American owners not spending even a little to bring a few more players in. Guess they had to pay for Rooney at DC United
Graham Potter Emotional Intelligence on 09:49 - Sep 6 with 1405 viewsomarjack

Potter had a budget of 50k on transfers and 7 m in wages in 7 years with Ostersunds. Yet he managed 3 promotions, a 5th place finish in the 1st tier, Europa League and most notably, beating Arsenal at the Emirates.

The Championship is obviously a higher level than Allsvenskan but he has a wage budget of 25 m and 6 m in transfers in one year. To him that's very luxurious.

He's an intelligent man, unlike the rubbish managers we had like Bradley who is the dullest man on earth after Paul Clement of course, And Carvalhal who belongs in the circus.

To answer your question, his impact is huge, this squad, under a different manager would probably be in a relegation battle, just like Paul Clement sending Reading to League One right now. But Potter is a real gem. And I truly hope he'll be able to do a miracle with us. He can do it.

As for you being an American, it doesn't mean you're a bad person, well it depends on who you voted for in 2016

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Graham Potter Emotional Intelligence on 10:07 - Sep 6 with 1377 viewsmajorraglan

Emotional Intellgence, this made me smile. I have a few people in work with me who go on about this and it’s importance, one of them has some of the lowest levels of EI I have ever seen in a person, it beggars belief!
Graham Potter Emotional Intelligence on 10:10 - Sep 6 with 1366 viewsomarjack

Graham Potter Emotional Intelligence on 10:07 - Sep 6 by majorraglan

Emotional Intellgence, this made me smile. I have a few people in work with me who go on about this and it’s importance, one of them has some of the lowest levels of EI I have ever seen in a person, it beggars belief!

I know medical doctors who don't know almost anything about medicine that was discovered after the 70's. Just an example.

Potter knows what he's doing though, Not because he "studied"..but because he's an intelligent man who can reach people. It's not really something you can learn in school. It's something you either have or don't.

Graham Potter Emotional Intelligence on 10:11 - Sep 6 with 1365 viewsTenbySwan

Just seen a post on Facebook of a fan who had a selfie with Graham Potter yesterday .

He is having a short family break in Saundersfoot during the international break. I love this bloke more and more and he has huge potential I feel.
Graham Potter Emotional Intelligence on 10:15 - Sep 6 with 1353 viewsyescomeon

In response to the question in the OP, I think it is extremely important. When it comes to the highest levels of sport there is probably not a lot that separates the players skill wise, its the mental side of the game that makes the difference. At this level, imo, the majority of the game is the mental part. Having a good understanding of this side of things and how to develop this aspect of a players game is what makes a top manager. I think we have this in Potter.

Upthecity!

Graham Potter Emotional Intelligence on 10:20 - Sep 6 with 1340 viewsLeonWasGod

Graham Potter Emotional Intelligence on 10:11 - Sep 6 by TenbySwan

Just seen a post on Facebook of a fan who had a selfie with Graham Potter yesterday .

He is having a short family break in Saundersfoot during the international break. I love this bloke more and more and he has huge potential I feel.

I know that's not what you meant, but that made me chuckle. I've always said the guide to a good manager is whether or not the holiday in Saundersfoot

Agreed on potential. He seems like a very smart, calm, positive guy and a real leader. Obviously his tactical side is spot on, but his demeanour and how he handles the players is just as important. I'm enjoying the positive vibes so far.
Graham Potter Emotional Intelligence on 10:48 - Sep 6 with 1307 viewsMrSwerve

If he somehow manages to get us promoted this year, there'll be a lot of PL clubs trying to swoop for him.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Graham Potter Emotional Intelligence on 10:51 - Sep 6 with 1295 viewsomarjack

Graham Potter Emotional Intelligence on 10:48 - Sep 6 by MrSwerve

If he somehow manages to get us promoted this year, there'll be a lot of PL clubs trying to swoop for him.

By PL clubs you mean Everton of course.

Login to get fewer ads

Graham Potter Emotional Intelligence on 11:33 - Sep 6 with 1238 viewsTenbySwan

Graham Potter Emotional Intelligence on 10:51 - Sep 6 by omarjack

By PL clubs you mean Everton of course.

Not forgetting West Ham 😁
Graham Potter Emotional Intelligence on 12:32 - Sep 6 with 1163 viewsjasper_T

Graham Potter Emotional Intelligence on 11:33 - Sep 6 by TenbySwan

Not forgetting West Ham 😁

West Ham are gonna be in the Championship.
Graham Potter Emotional Intelligence on 13:25 - Sep 6 with 1081 viewsLoyal

Graham Potter Emotional Intelligence on 10:07 - Sep 6 by majorraglan

So just dismiss it then...

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Graham Potter Emotional Intelligence on 13:31 - Sep 6 with 1072 viewsdickythorpe

There was a post about this soon after his appointment.
He obviously is getting through to players. We are resilient and have desire.
Perhaps not got the "world beaters" in key areas bit if he is making them feel confident and combative then I'm all for this degree!
Graham Potter Emotional Intelligence on 13:35 - Sep 6 with 1060 viewsLoyal

There's a reon why people sit through years of studying to get certain qualifications, a D there's a reason why GP implements his learning and coaching styles in to the daily life of players.

This is if people dont grasp why his previous squad sang on stage at Xmas then it's pointless taking the discussion further.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Graham Potter Emotional Intelligence on 16:15 - Sep 6 with 955 viewsLeonWasGod

Graham Potter Emotional Intelligence on 13:35 - Sep 6 by Loyal

There's a reon why people sit through years of studying to get certain qualifications, a D there's a reason why GP implements his learning and coaching styles in to the daily life of players.

This is if people dont grasp why his previous squad sang on stage at Xmas then it's pointless taking the discussion further.

Did they? There's a role for Carroll yet then...
Graham Potter Emotional Intelligence on 17:19 - Sep 6 with 872 viewsdobjack2

Graham Potter Emotional Intelligence on 16:15 - Sep 6 by LeonWasGod

Did they? There's a role for Carroll yet then...

Christmas?
Graham Potter Emotional Intelligence on 20:04 - Sep 6 with 793 viewsGlyn1

Graham Potter Emotional Intelligence on 12:32 - Sep 6 by jasper_T

West Ham are gonna be in the Championship.

Let's hope so.

But it's not just Montero. Yesterday I posted a link to the Independent's interview with McBurnie. He went in to a discussion with him thinking about leaving the club - when he came out he was telling his agent to make sure he stayed. A lot of interviews are mainly BS but this sounded genuine.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2018 20:10]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Graham Potter Emotional Intelligence on 20:16 - Sep 6 with 779 viewsGlyn1

Graham Potter Emotional Intelligence on 09:49 - Sep 6 by omarjack

Potter had a budget of 50k on transfers and 7 m in wages in 7 years with Ostersunds. Yet he managed 3 promotions, a 5th place finish in the 1st tier, Europa League and most notably, beating Arsenal at the Emirates.

The Championship is obviously a higher level than Allsvenskan but he has a wage budget of 25 m and 6 m in transfers in one year. To him that's very luxurious.

He's an intelligent man, unlike the rubbish managers we had like Bradley who is the dullest man on earth after Paul Clement of course, And Carvalhal who belongs in the circus.

To answer your question, his impact is huge, this squad, under a different manager would probably be in a relegation battle, just like Paul Clement sending Reading to League One right now. But Potter is a real gem. And I truly hope he'll be able to do a miracle with us. He can do it.

As for you being an American, it doesn't mean you're a bad person, well it depends on who you voted for in 2016

No it absolutely does not (we know you're joking). Tens of millions of decent Americans voted for Trump and still strongly support him. If you can, take a look at Ed Ball's series (I forget the name, Travels in Trumpland (?) ) on BBC Catchup. A lot of certifiable loons admittedly but also a lot of hard working people on low incomes. It surprised me. I've a feeling he'll be re-elected because Presidents usually are.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2018 20:18]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024