Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Trust taking credit for their role in the Club. 1 year ago. 13:01 - Sep 6 with 4396 viewsTheResurrection

Phil Sumbler said...

"""It was also around that time that Stuart McDonald replaced Huw Cooze as Supporter Director, and Stuart has spent much of the last 8 months building on his role and ensuring that we — as an organisation — are involved in key decisions that affect the football club both on and off the pitch.

We have had some clear examples of our increased engagement over the last eight months which include, but are not limited to:

The removal of Bob Bradley as manager and the subsequent appointment of Paul Clement;
The much more successful January transfer window during which the club made some key signings who helped us ensure our Premier League status;
An understanding of the process of scouting and signing players, ensuring that we continue to build on the most recent successful transfer window;
Plans for future development of the club commercially and also regarding the discussions with the local council regarding the stadium lease;

This — for me — has shown that we have created and developed, with the will of all parties, a consultative approach to how the football club is run and I firmly believe that we have forged a strong working foundation which will continue to grow over the course of the coming months and years."""

A strong working foundation which will continue to grow over the course of the coming months and years....

Hmm. We wind on yet another year and it seems we've regressed quite considerably.

Also, the Trust were happy with the scouting system and took credit for Clement.

They then went on to recommend a partial sale of their shares.

Where exactly are we right now, does anyone really know? The Trust have given us so much passive inactivity and mixed messages I think it's fair to say we're as confused as anyone could be.

And they expect the Americans to have confidence in them.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

The Trust taking credit for their role in the Club. 1 year ago. on 17:37 - Sep 6 with 1013 viewsvetchonian

The Trust taking credit for their role in the Club. 1 year ago. on 17:29 - Sep 6 by chad

Thanks - just see the new majority owners unilaterally reneging on the deal (although from my POV thank god they did) as really important and not in line with how they are presenting the position now.

Be careful though Chad....nothing negative about the owners to be posted here

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The Trust taking credit for their role in the Club. 1 year ago. on 17:38 - Sep 6 with 1010 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Not a bad looking dog

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The Trust taking credit for their role in the Club. 1 year ago. on 17:42 - Sep 6 with 998 viewsFerrisBuellerJB

The Trust taking credit for their role in the Club. 1 year ago. on 17:29 - Sep 6 by JACKMANANDBOY

I thought the Res wanted us all to pull together, can someone explain what is going on to a longstanding fan please?

A difficult one to explain that.
He’s been completely anti Jenkins then Jenkins’s biggest fan boy.
Pro trust trying to get everyone to join even putting himself forward to be elected to then discrediting the trust at every opportunity.
He’s got more faces than a game of guess who, and personality’s to go with it. Therefore he can’t be taken seriously but good entertainment though.
The Trust taking credit for their role in the Club. 1 year ago. on 17:44 - Sep 6 with 990 viewsvetchonian

The Trust taking credit for their role in the Club. 1 year ago. on 14:03 - Sep 6 by TheResurrection

That's a very simple one to answer.

And that's too many posters want to 'take a side' and that side at the moment is going to be the opposite one to the Club.

That's not healthy for our future so let's put more content out to be discussed. It's all too easy for posters to bump up one liners they have said over the last two years. Nick did this again this morning.

Well here's what the Trust had to say a year ago. Let's bump this up and discuss.

And when you say things change, THAT'S EXACTLY MY POINT HERE, and also why it's not a bloody crime to change your mind or opinion.

If things were as easy as everyone makes out we'd have never have got to the EPL in the first place as there's far too many bigger club's than us who should be getting things right and taking our place.

You're not thinking. You're tunnelled vision and it's polluting your mind.

And grow up a bit

Ok lets both grow up and stop hurling insults and name calling when someone has a differing opinion

I have added a thread from the time of Phil's resignation you have been heralding.

Read through it ....it explains why he chose to step down, it talks about how goalposts were being moved....more NDAs it seems that Jase and Steve are obsessed with hiding the facts...or at least not allowing them to be used once they are revealed.

Yes this is all a bit "anti club" but the owners do not appear to be doing much to improve things more so to drive most to oppose them.

You are so right that the current situation is not good for our future......BUT who has caused this?

The Trust?
The Yanks?
The sellouts?

Answers please

The Trust taking credit for their role in the Club. 1 year ago. on 17:45 - Sep 6 with 989 viewschad

That was from the building bridges era, when the Trust didn’t want to take legal action. They were trying to put a blush on things. Of course the new owners will generally be happy to always do what the Trust recommend as long as they were going to do it anyway.

In fairness to Phil
(and believe me I have a lot of quite serious issues with Phil and his actions both prior to, during, and after the vote, in relation to try and push the part sale through at all costs)
He has repeatedly been brought to task on here re his Johnny come lately realisation that the new owners were not to be trusted, despite many long previously, clearly and repeatedly pointing this out, on here and at meetings. He did however seem to repeatedly hold his hands up to this.

There did seem a different atmosphere at last nights meeting - certainly no overt tail wagging the dog type attitude
The Trust taking credit for their role in the Club. 1 year ago. on 19:05 - Sep 6 with 886 viewslonglostjack

The Trust taking credit for their role in the Club. 1 year ago. on 17:45 - Sep 6 by chad

That was from the building bridges era, when the Trust didn’t want to take legal action. They were trying to put a blush on things. Of course the new owners will generally be happy to always do what the Trust recommend as long as they were going to do it anyway.

In fairness to Phil
(and believe me I have a lot of quite serious issues with Phil and his actions both prior to, during, and after the vote, in relation to try and push the part sale through at all costs)
He has repeatedly been brought to task on here re his Johnny come lately realisation that the new owners were not to be trusted, despite many long previously, clearly and repeatedly pointing this out, on here and at meetings. He did however seem to repeatedly hold his hands up to this.

There did seem a different atmosphere at last nights meeting - certainly no overt tail wagging the dog type attitude

Good to hear.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Trust taking credit for their role in the Club. 1 year ago. on 19:12 - Sep 6 with 869 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The Trust taking credit for their role in the Club. 1 year ago. on 17:42 - Sep 6 by FerrisBuellerJB

A difficult one to explain that.
He’s been completely anti Jenkins then Jenkins’s biggest fan boy.
Pro trust trying to get everyone to join even putting himself forward to be elected to then discrediting the trust at every opportunity.
He’s got more faces than a game of guess who, and personality’s to go with it. Therefore he can’t be taken seriously but good entertainment though.

Thanks, all seems a bit strange, but it is an internet forum!

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The Trust taking credit for their role in the Club. 1 year ago. on 19:27 - Sep 6 with 832 viewsMattG

The Trust taking credit for their role in the Club. 1 year ago. on 16:54 - Sep 6 by chad

in the meantime the Trust decided to not go ahead with the slae of shares as voted for

Sorry have I slipped into a parallel universe. Am I not correct in saying the majority owners tried to change the terms of the deal Phil thought they could no longer be trusted and wanted to withdraw from the deal but the majority of the Trust Board wanted to continue so Phil resigned. Then the majority owners decided to unilaterally renege on the deal anyway.

You are correct, chad.

The terms of the deal, when eventually received, were fundamentally different from what had been presented in the consultation. A majority of the Trust Board at that time felt it was still worth trying to negotiate with the Yanks who, not long after, pulled the deal in any case.
Login to get fewer ads

The Trust taking credit for their role in the Club. 1 year ago. on 19:29 - Sep 6 with 825 viewsTheResurrection

The Trust taking credit for their role in the Club. 1 year ago. on 17:44 - Sep 6 by vetchonian

Ok lets both grow up and stop hurling insults and name calling when someone has a differing opinion

I have added a thread from the time of Phil's resignation you have been heralding.

Read through it ....it explains why he chose to step down, it talks about how goalposts were being moved....more NDAs it seems that Jase and Steve are obsessed with hiding the facts...or at least not allowing them to be used once they are revealed.

Yes this is all a bit "anti club" but the owners do not appear to be doing much to improve things more so to drive most to oppose them.

You are so right that the current situation is not good for our future......BUT who has caused this?

The Trust?
The Yanks?
The sellouts?

Answers please

OK but regardless of the decision to pull out can you firstly go back to the OP and look at what the Trust said they'd achieved and their pride in their ever blossoming working relationship.

Cheers

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

The Trust taking credit for their role in the Club. 1 year ago. on 19:32 - Sep 6 with 818 viewsTheResurrection

The Trust taking credit for their role in the Club. 1 year ago. on 19:27 - Sep 6 by MattG

You are correct, chad.

The terms of the deal, when eventually received, were fundamentally different from what had been presented in the consultation. A majority of the Trust Board at that time felt it was still worth trying to negotiate with the Yanks who, not long after, pulled the deal in any case.

And what about the Trust claiming credit for Clement, sacking Bradley, being in full agreement and happy with the scouting system and whatever else they were taking credit for.

What happened there??

The Trust taking credit for their role in the Club. 1 year ago. on 20:41 - Sep 6 with 748 viewsvetchonian

The Trust taking credit for their role in the Club. 1 year ago. on 19:29 - Sep 6 by TheResurrection

OK but regardless of the decision to pull out can you firstly go back to the OP and look at what the Trust said they'd achieved and their pride in their ever blossoming working relationship.

Cheers

But the sequence of events following that time as documented in the link to Phil Sumblers resignation explains the change
Yes prior to the share deal scenario all appeared rosy with the Trust happy with the relationship then as stated and Matt G confirms things changed

The Trust taking credit for their role in the Club. 1 year ago. on 20:52 - Sep 6 with 736 viewsTheResurrection

The Trust taking credit for their role in the Club. 1 year ago. on 20:41 - Sep 6 by vetchonian

But the sequence of events following that time as documented in the link to Phil Sumblers resignation explains the change
Yes prior to the share deal scenario all appeared rosy with the Trust happy with the relationship then as stated and Matt G confirms things changed

So the scouting system and recruitment was fine then I

As I thought they'd all moaned it wasn't?

What did the Trust do to lose the trust of the Americans? How come they were so involved in sacking Bradley, appointing Clement, the stadium lease, transfers etc and then not?

The Trust taking credit for their role in the Club. 1 year ago. on 21:03 - Sep 6 with 711 viewsvetchonian

The Trust taking credit for their role in the Club. 1 year ago. on 20:52 - Sep 6 by TheResurrection

So the scouting system and recruitment was fine then I

As I thought they'd all moaned it wasn't?

What did the Trust do to lose the trust of the Americans? How come they were so involved in sacking Bradley, appointing Clement, the stadium lease, transfers etc and then not?

What about answering my question as you say the current situation is not good for the club
Who caused it?
The Trust
The Yanks
The sellouts
The fans

Answer this then I will respond but hey ho just carry on doing your paymasters dirty work
We know what you are

The Trust taking credit for their role in the Club. 1 year ago. on 21:09 - Sep 6 with 701 viewsjacksfullaces

can't say I fully believed the Trust were quite as involved as they thought even then, but perhaps the owners threw them a bone now and again.

never felt they have had a whole lot of influence, and certainly not enough to be painted as the villains of the piece.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024