Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth 10:32 - Sep 7 with 4467 viewsTheResurrection

"""And each match is changing Kaplan. “I want to be careful about how I say this. Whether Swansea goes up 10 times in value or goes to zero [is] not going to affect my family or me, [it is] not going to have a material impact on my net worth . . . What I didn’t fully appreciate is how emotionally invested I would be in the team . . . I think it has to do with the fact that it’s so hard to score a goal. The goals are so few and far between that, when you do score, it’s such an incredible emotional release. You can see [it] with [the] players. They score a goal and they’re jumping. They’re sliding on the grass.”""

They're not interested in finding devious ways to redeem their small investment in the Swans. The money they've put in is relative peanuts to them. Yes they're investors and want to make a return, and Kaplan is by far and away the largest investor, but even with us bottoming out, it's not going to have a be all and end all impact on him and his family.

They want success. They've just made mistakes which have cost us.

Maybe we should give them a chance to put things right?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:19 - Sep 7 with 791 viewsJack11

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:15 - Sep 7 by TheResurrection

Do.you think experienced investors expect every investment to pay off?

Kaplan is by far and away the largest investor here, I'm guessing his stake is pretty substantial compared to the smaller punts the other 26 have made.

And I doubt for one second they were desperately trying to scramble an investment crew together.

No - but they always have an exit strategy to mitigate their losses. That exit strategy is always brutal.
Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:21 - Sep 7 with 781 viewsJack11

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:18 - Sep 7 by TheResurrection

What am I wrong about?

Your trust in the yanks
Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:21 - Sep 7 with 779 viewsShaky

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 10:47 - Sep 7 by TheResurrection

Wow, the ultimate betrayal of one's self respect

You should read the things Shaky said about Darren and now he's buddying up.

Who knows exactly what is going on inside that sick little mind of yours, eBoy.

But one thing is abundantly clear to the vast majority of posters on this board; love of Swansea City is certainly not anywhere near the top of your list of priorities.

Others may nevertheless still wish to engage with the terminally dishonest from time to time, but it is not for me.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:21 - Sep 7 with 779 viewsTheResurrection

I've asked this question before, to Darran, among others, but surprisingly, he swerved it.

What are they doing exactly so you can prove us right and for us to be proved wrong

Tell us exactly....

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:24 - Sep 7 with 764 viewsTheResurrection

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:19 - Sep 7 by costalotta

You've lost the plot!

Now, I am not saying they are or not. Not siding with any particular side of this thread but come on, surely you cannot believe what you just wrote?

Mate your logic and reasoning is so far of the mark. Asset stripers (not that i am saying Kaplan is) don't have financial dependency on the company they just bought to asset strip. In fact, its likely they don't have financial dependency period!

You mentioned Darren smoking something ? i'd ph ucking love to know what you're smoking!

I've read this twice and respectfully, I don't have a clue what your point is.

Especially in the grand old context that has been SCFC since they bought their shares.

Apologies.

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:24 - Sep 7 with 756 viewsE20Jack

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:21 - Sep 7 by Shaky

But one thing is abundantly clear to the vast majority of posters on this board; love of Swansea City is certainly not anywhere near the top of your list of priorities.

Others may nevertheless still wish to engage with the terminally dishonest from time to time, but it is not for me.

Bookmarked

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:24 - Sep 7 with 760 viewsJack11

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:17 - Sep 7 by E20Jack

Wrong about what?

My stand point is simply based on what is happening not what I think might happen. I am not making any predictions here, my view of the Americans is based on their actions. Sketchy takeover, but not unexpected from people who initially had no affinity to the club, sketchy initial underestimation of the situation by appointing Bradley (but could see their flawed logic) - since then I have no complaints really.

That’s as far as my view goes. What are you going to prove me wrong about?

You’ve proved yourself wrong regarding plenty but never hold your hands up. Off the top of my head:

Tammy Abraham - special player, we should snap him up. A big club will pay silly money for him.
Clucas - good value signing

You constantly prove yourself wrong and you’ll do it again. You’ll never admit it though so you’ve lost all credibility as a previously decent poster.
Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:26 - Sep 7 with 753 viewsTheResurrection

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:19 - Sep 7 by Jack11

No - but they always have an exit strategy to mitigate their losses. That exit strategy is always brutal.

You sound experienced in these matters, I will bow to your greater knowledge.

Please tell us more.

Login to get fewer ads

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:27 - Sep 7 with 744 viewsTheResurrection

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:21 - Sep 7 by Jack11

Your trust in the yanks

Why?

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:30 - Sep 7 with 733 viewsTheResurrection

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:21 - Sep 7 by Shaky

Aye says the guy who latched onto us since his Danish boyhood idol became manager to the lifelong Swans fan who was on the North Back aged 6 or 7 and is still a season ticket holder.

Says the guy who only ever posts on the financial side of our club and proclaims himself to be an expert in finance.

I think it's clear to see who the facking fraud is pal and it won't be the guy sitting in his usual seat in the East stand next home game and every one thereafter.

And palling up with Darren. True scum

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:31 - Sep 7 with 724 viewsE20Jack

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:24 - Sep 7 by Jack11

You’ve proved yourself wrong regarding plenty but never hold your hands up. Off the top of my head:

Tammy Abraham - special player, we should snap him up. A big club will pay silly money for him.

You constantly prove yourself wrong and you’ll do it again. You’ll never admit it though so you’ve lost all credibility as a previously decent poster.

You having a different opinion to me unfortunately does not prove me wrong, it means you disagree with sense.

1) Tammy Abraham is a special breed of striker and will certainly go on to have a fantastic career. You think I am proven wrong after finishing the season with more goals per minutes on the pitch for. Premier League club in its most increative season - as a 2 year old? Sorry that doesn’t quite compute.

2) Making up quotes isn’t going to help you. I said it was a better investment and will retain more value if it goes wrong than a foreign counterpart / which was and still is correct.

So now you are saying I am wrong about the fact that I am supporting this club in all aspects until they give me reason not to? That’s being a fan isn’t it?

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:32 - Sep 7 with 725 viewsDarran

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:30 - Sep 7 by TheResurrection

Aye says the guy who latched onto us since his Danish boyhood idol became manager to the lifelong Swans fan who was on the North Back aged 6 or 7 and is still a season ticket holder.

Says the guy who only ever posts on the financial side of our club and proclaims himself to be an expert in finance.

I think it's clear to see who the facking fraud is pal and it won't be the guy sitting in his usual seat in the East stand next home game and every one thereafter.

He’s not my pal. I haven’t got any pals.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:33 - Sep 7 with 725 viewsShaky

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:24 - Sep 7 by E20Jack

Bookmarked

I'm literally quaking.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:34 - Sep 7 with 720 viewsTheResurrection

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:24 - Sep 7 by Jack11

Having a football opinion isn't wrong though is it. It's an opinion and I think with the 2 in question don't you think we should see how their careers pan out first because playing in South Wales did them no favours at all.

Are you always correct about everything?

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:35 - Sep 7 with 718 viewsJack11

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:21 - Sep 7 by TheResurrection

I've asked this question before, to Darran, among others, but surprisingly, he swerved it.

What are they doing exactly so you can prove us right and for us to be proved wrong

Tell us exactly....

They are not investing in the club adequately. They are side lining the trust at any opportunity. They are selling assets too cheaply. They keep Jenkins on in some capacity. They are not backing potter well enough. They communicate through pre organised press conferences. They pay 2 men in suits a fortune who do the square root of nothing when it could be spent on a player or two. So here is my theory - they are stripping us. Death by a thousand cuts. Slowly they are selling all saleable assets. They will sell in January. They will probably not turn down an approach for potter when the managerial carousel begins in November / December. They will keep us until all the parachute payments have gone and as much as possible has been kept and then they’ll sell us cheap and almost be all square by the end of it. Meanwhile we’ll be lucky if we’re a lower championship side but will probably be league one.
Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:35 - Sep 7 with 714 viewsTheResurrection

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:21 - Sep 7 by Jack11

Your trust in the yanks

Why???

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:36 - Sep 7 with 711 viewsBadlands

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 10:56 - Sep 7 by TheResurrection

The irony.

What it means is they're not going to strip the cupboard bear because their financial situation doesn't depend on us.

Bang on.
We could win the Champions' League and some would still find fault.
The Americans won't ruin the club but the constant miserable bile spewed about them (based on nothing tangible) will.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2018 11:37]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:40 - Sep 7 with 697 viewsJack11

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:35 - Sep 7 by TheResurrection

Why???

Why you trust the words of American Investment Managers who have backed the wrong horse.
Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:42 - Sep 7 with 692 viewsJack11

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:26 - Sep 7 by TheResurrection

You sound experienced in these matters, I will bow to your greater knowledge.

Please tell us more.

Ok I’m wrong - an American capitalist is going to fritter his money away. How silly of me. He’s a philanthropist as well as a hard nosed investor don’t you know?
Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:49 - Sep 7 with 666 viewsTheResurrection

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:35 - Sep 7 by Jack11

They are not investing in the club adequately. They are side lining the trust at any opportunity. They are selling assets too cheaply. They keep Jenkins on in some capacity. They are not backing potter well enough. They communicate through pre organised press conferences. They pay 2 men in suits a fortune who do the square root of nothing when it could be spent on a player or two. So here is my theory - they are stripping us. Death by a thousand cuts. Slowly they are selling all saleable assets. They will sell in January. They will probably not turn down an approach for potter when the managerial carousel begins in November / December. They will keep us until all the parachute payments have gone and as much as possible has been kept and then they’ll sell us cheap and almost be all square by the end of it. Meanwhile we’ll be lucky if we’re a lower championship side but will probably be league one.

They are not investing in the club adequately.

They can't or the Trust's shares would be worth less. Really take your time to digest this.

They are side lining the trust at any opportunity.

Yesterday I posted a statement from the Trust chairman crowing about how involved they were with all sorts of things from transfers to the sacking of managers and stadium lease purchase?

They are selling assets too cheaply.

And you think this is a strategy that will help them asset strip FFS?? Are you serious here or did you just need some extra word count?

They keep Jenkins on in some capacity.

They have explained why.

They are not backing potter well enough.

They are being careful and learning from past mistakes. And as a result we are witnessing the true talent of our full squad. Potter has said he's proud to be manager of Swansea City.

They communicate through pre organised press conferences.

Who doesn't then? They make statements and they invite journalists over. That's all very normal to any sane person.

They pay 2 men in suits a fortune who do the square root of nothing when it could be spent on a player or two.

You've no idea what these 2 do, you just make it up to suit your agenda. If you know, please share this vital info with us.

So here is my theory - they are stripping us. Death by a thousand cuts.

How are they doing that, you still haven't explained. What are you referring to by death by a thousand cuts in the context of removing wealth from Swansea City to their personal bank accounts?

Slowly they are selling all saleable assets.

Apart from signing 6 new players and offering new contracts to player, Potter and his team? Subsidising ticket prices and the away day scheme?

They will sell in January.

That should be the plan, but the players they should sell are the ones they want to. We all know who they are. And are you really going to spend the next 4 months dragging us all down on something you just 'think' may happen??

They will probably not turn down an approach for potter when the managerial carousel begins in November / December.

It's 'probably' now is it??

They will keep us until all the parachute payments have gone and as much as possible has been kept and then they’ll sell us cheap and almost be all square by the end of it. Meanwhile we’ll be lucky if we’re a lower championship side but will probably be league one.

They're going to keep the parachute payments, of which, are not that great in value, especially after this season and not pay anyone at the Club are they?

They're going to go from successful businessmen to criminals because of one investment that hasn't gone to plan.

Mate I don't mean to be rude but you're talking out of your backside and if the above is your only theory then we've got nothing to worry about.

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:49 - Sep 7 with 660 viewsE20Jack

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:33 - Sep 7 by Shaky

I'm literally quaking.

Well that didn’t last long.

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:50 - Sep 7 with 663 viewstheloneranger

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:15 - Sep 7 by TheResurrection

Do.you think experienced investors expect every investment to pay off?

Kaplan is by far and away the largest investor here, I'm guessing his stake is pretty substantial compared to the smaller punts the other 26 have made.

And I doubt for one second they were desperately trying to scramble an investment crew together.

Between them Kaplan and Levien own less than 30% of the consortium's 69% in the Swans

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:50 - Sep 7 with 662 viewsTheResurrection

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:42 - Sep 7 by Jack11

Ok I’m wrong - an American capitalist is going to fritter his money away. How silly of me. He’s a philanthropist as well as a hard nosed investor don’t you know?

So you actually had zero examples to give of brutal exit strategies?

You do surprise me.

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:51 - Sep 7 with 659 viewsJonathans_coat

Can I just ask, where did this Kaplan quote come from? And when?

Any links?
Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:53 - Sep 7 with 648 viewsvetchonian

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:30 - Sep 7 by TheResurrection

Yes a so called fan who is as annoying now as he was as that 6 year old!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024