Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth 10:32 - Sep 7 with 4461 viewsTheResurrection

"""And each match is changing Kaplan. “I want to be careful about how I say this. Whether Swansea goes up 10 times in value or goes to zero [is] not going to affect my family or me, [it is] not going to have a material impact on my net worth . . . What I didn’t fully appreciate is how emotionally invested I would be in the team . . . I think it has to do with the fact that it’s so hard to score a goal. The goals are so few and far between that, when you do score, it’s such an incredible emotional release. You can see [it] with [the] players. They score a goal and they’re jumping. They’re sliding on the grass.”""

They're not interested in finding devious ways to redeem their small investment in the Swans. The money they've put in is relative peanuts to them. Yes they're investors and want to make a return, and Kaplan is by far and away the largest investor, but even with us bottoming out, it's not going to have a be all and end all impact on him and his family.

They want success. They've just made mistakes which have cost us.

Maybe we should give them a chance to put things right?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:56 - Sep 7 with 1226 viewsE20Jack

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:53 - Sep 7 by vetchonian

Yes a so called fan who is as annoying now as he was as that 6 year old!

Change the record.

You didn’t like him when he was younger. Get over it ffs.

Bored of hearing about it.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:58 - Sep 7 with 1227 viewsTheResurrection

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:50 - Sep 7 by theloneranger

Between them Kaplan and Levien own less than 30% of the consortium's 69% in the Swans

Maybe, I just read that Kaplan is by far the most invested.

So what is it perhaps, Kaplan put in 15m to 20m and Levien the difference? .

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:59 - Sep 7 with 1226 viewsTheResurrection

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:51 - Sep 7 by Jonathans_coat

Can I just ask, where did this Kaplan quote come from? And when?

Any links?

That superb Financial Times piece.

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 12:00 - Sep 7 with 1226 viewsTheResurrection

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:53 - Sep 7 by vetchonian

Yes a so called fan who is as annoying now as he was as that 6 year old!

Geez, I'm sorry I annoyed you as a 6 year old and there's me thinking you were going to grow up a bit.

Do you mind me asking who you are?

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 12:08 - Sep 7 with 1210 viewsDarran

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 12:00 - Sep 7 by TheResurrection

Geez, I'm sorry I annoyed you as a 6 year old and there's me thinking you were going to grow up a bit.

I know who he is.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 12:28 - Sep 7 with 1159 viewsdobjack2

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:36 - Sep 7 by Badlands

Bang on.
We could win the Champions' League and some would still find fault.
The Americans won't ruin the club but the constant miserable bile spewed about them (based on nothing tangible) will.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2018 11:37]

Ah the inevitable it’s all the fans fault post or a new variation if anything goes wrong it will be the fans fault.

Is it the fans fault that we have this lot as owners in the first place? Because everything goes back to the share sale.
Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 12:32 - Sep 7 with 1152 viewsPozuelosSideys

"They're not interested in finding devious ways to redeem their small investment in the Swans. The money they've put in is relative peanuts to them. Yes they're investors and want to make a return, and Kaplan is by far and away the largest investor, but even with us bottoming out, it's not going to have a be all and end all impact on him and his family.."

There is a reason individuals like Kaplan are wealthy. They are good at what they do and they don't consider a £20m personal investment as "peanuts". He will want that back.

I would imagine he is much more concerned with getting the fanbase back onside now the main income stream of SKY Tv money has been cut to shreds. Bums on seats/Hospitality will become much, much more important over the next couple of years if we stay as we are. Prepare for a charm offensive as to how they are "emotionally invested in the club we love"...

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 12:42 - Sep 7 with 1138 viewscostalotta

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:24 - Sep 7 by TheResurrection

I've read this twice and respectfully, I don't have a clue what your point is.

Especially in the grand old context that has been SCFC since they bought their shares.

Apologies.

"The irony.

What it means is they're not going to strip the cupboard bear because their financial situation doesn't depend on us."

That was your statement. Read it again.

You think that because their financial situation doesn't depend on us is a reason they wouldn't asset strip us?

You a re right Res, The irony!!!!
Login to get fewer ads

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 13:12 - Sep 7 with 1098 viewsbyron

The yanks know there Brit ball mind...if only they could make the goals bigger so we averaged 40 goals a game hey?

Benny

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 13:16 - Sep 7 with 1086 viewsTheResurrection

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 12:42 - Sep 7 by costalotta

"The irony.

What it means is they're not going to strip the cupboard bear because their financial situation doesn't depend on us."

That was your statement. Read it again.

You think that because their financial situation doesn't depend on us is a reason they wouldn't asset strip us?

You a re right Res, The irony!!!!

Yes, I do.

At this moment in time there's zero evidence they're doing that so I can give them the benefit of the doubt. If something material comes to light then naturally I would look upon that point as new information and judge it on its own merit.

But please, you seem so certain. What exactly are they doing to strip us of our assets? I asked Darren and he ran away, I asked a guy this morning and he came out with a load of tripe. Have you got anything sensible to explain?

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 13:33 - Sep 7 with 1054 viewsbyron

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 13:16 - Sep 7 by TheResurrection

Yes, I do.

At this moment in time there's zero evidence they're doing that so I can give them the benefit of the doubt. If something material comes to light then naturally I would look upon that point as new information and judge it on its own merit.

But please, you seem so certain. What exactly are they doing to strip us of our assets? I asked Darren and he ran away, I asked a guy this morning and he came out with a load of tripe. Have you got anything sensible to explain?

You would never know if they were Res, they have very clever and legal ways of doing these things.
Can’t be good if your trust is about to take them to court? NDA’s? Sounds a right messy dump, and messy dumps tend to go one way

Benny

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 13:51 - Sep 7 with 1035 viewsTheResurrection

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 13:33 - Sep 7 by byron

You would never know if they were Res, they have very clever and legal ways of doing these things.
Can’t be good if your trust is about to take them to court? NDA’s? Sounds a right messy dump, and messy dumps tend to go one way

Finally, we've got someone who knows....

OK, how?

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 13:53 - Sep 7 with 1033 viewsbyron

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 13:51 - Sep 7 by TheResurrection

Finally, we've got someone who knows....

OK, how?

Can’t tell you I’m afraid I will get sued....🤩😂👍

Benny

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 14:14 - Sep 7 with 1015 viewsvetchonian

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 12:00 - Sep 7 by TheResurrection

DOnt tell him Pike

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 14:14 - Sep 7 with 1014 viewsdobjack2

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 13:16 - Sep 7 by TheResurrection

Yes, I do.

I get that you are prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt fair enough your call. Me, I just don’t trust them and treat anything they say with a hefty amount of cynicism.
Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 14:33 - Sep 7 with 996 viewscostalotta

Yes, I do.

I have an open mind. I am also able to analyse, take on board information from various sources and form an opinion. I don't pick a side of an argument. I thought i said as much in my first response n this thread.

However, it seems you, whilst recognising and possibly changing an opinion depending upon information available to you it seems you have formed an opinion and are sticking to it.

Are they asset stripping...not sure!
Are they building for the future...Not sure!
Are they using the emotional state of fans by making bold statement then changing their message,. Yes they are!
Are they FINANCIALLY depended on us, No way, would that stop them Asset stripping us (their financial position) NO IT BLOODY WOULDNT!!
Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 15:15 - Sep 7 with 952 viewsCroftyjack

This is more dangerous I'm afraid if it don't affect personal wealth...they will never be as he says emotionally invested as us fans as we will be here after his emotional investment bores him.
It almost says if slip down the league's it won't affect me.
If anyone sees a positive in this then lease list them.
Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 17:22 - Sep 7 with 897 viewsPawelAbbott

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 10:56 - Sep 7 by TheResurrection

The irony.

What it means is they're not going to strip the cupboard bear because their financial situation doesn't depend on us.

Isn’t that because he found 27 other people to put their money in and he just manages the investment.
It wouldn’t affect his finances but it would damage his chances of future investment management f he couldn’t return at least a large percentage of the monies invested.
He is managing an investment, the investors want to see a decent return on investment. That means either regular dividend payments or a final lump sum on closure.
One way or another the intention is to make a profit from the club
Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 18:04 - Sep 7 with 876 viewsCatullus

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 10:49 - Sep 7 by Elmo

Many successful CEOs mainly recruit senior execs who have made big mistakes - they rarely make the same mistakes again

Lets hope all the mistakes by all are in the past

Some CEo's fall flat on their faces but keep getting into top jobs and some senior executives keep getting jobs no matter their record.
To some people the price of failure always seems to be promotion!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 19:05 - Sep 7 with 842 viewsthornabyswan

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 18:04 - Sep 7 by Catullus

Some CEo's fall flat on their faces but keep getting into top jobs and some senior executives keep getting jobs no matter their record.

Steve Maclaren has failure off to a fine art has made millions out of it.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 21:13 - Sep 7 with 796 viewsE20Jack

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 18:04 - Sep 7 by Catullus

Some give their companies the most successful 15 years in their whole history while actually making a transfer profit too. Amazing.

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 22:42 - Sep 7 with 751 viewsTreforys_Jack

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:56 - Sep 7 by E20Jack

Change the record.

You didn’t like him when he was younger. Get over it ffs.

Bored of hearing about it.

The only time your veil of patience and serenity drops is when someone insults the Res, not a family member are you by chance?
Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 22:54 - Sep 7 with 742 viewsomarjack

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 22:42 - Sep 7 by Treforys_Jack

The only time your veil of patience and serenity drops is when someone insults the Res, not a family member are you by chance?

Fact checking:

-Res and E20 are the same person.

-Res/E20 is either being paid by SCFC to spread online propaganda, Or he's related to Huw Jenkins personally. Or of course (which is the most probable)..he's both.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2018 22:55]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 03:32 - Sep 8 with 694 viewsDJack

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 22:54 - Sep 7 by omarjack

Fact checking:

-Res/E20 is either being paid by SCFC to spread online propaganda, Or he's related to Huw Jenkins personally. Or of course (which is the most probable)..he's both.

Bollix. The Res and E20 are most certainly NOT the same person, even a dull cúnt like me can see that. Their personalities are so different.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 04:10 - Sep 8 with 682 viewsE20Jack

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 22:54 - Sep 7 by omarjack

Fact checking:

Is this the same sort of fact as the one where the owners have pocketed 50m?

If so, I think we are safe.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024