Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which football club's do get asset stripped? 13:28 - Sep 7 with 9008 viewsTheResurrection

"""Anybody who makes these asset-strip comments are either flawed when it comes to basic arithmetic, deliberately want to look at things just one way, or are plain wrong."""

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/angry-cardiff-city-ch

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 19:13 - Sep 8 with 1302 viewslonglostjack

Didn’t Robert Maxwell buy Oxford Utd because he wanted to turn the old Manor Ground into a shopping centre?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 19:26 - Sep 8 with 1286 viewsplasjack

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 19:13 - Sep 8 by longlostjack

Didn’t Robert Maxwell buy Oxford Utd because he wanted to turn the old Manor Ground into a shopping centre?

So is the old Manor ground now a shopping centre?.
Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 19:35 - Sep 8 with 1281 viewsTheResurrection

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 11:38 - Sep 8 by wobbly

Asset stripping is a pretty broad term, but the history of Wimbledon prior to the move to MK Dons doesn’t make good reading. Similar for Darlington and York. Rushden and Diamonds seems more like incompetence but I don’t know so much about the history of that one.

Coventry, Blackburn, Portsmouth and Blackpool are more high profile and bits of the story could meet the definition. And Swansea under Petty. And we probably dodged a bullet under Thompson before that.

How many do you need?

Well even the extremely low numbers you've quoted there, most of them with caveats as to how different they are to us or maybe not even asset stripped at all, is hardly a great worry is it.

Hopeless

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 19:44 - Sep 8 with 1272 viewsGaryjack

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 19:35 - Sep 8 by TheResurrection

Well even the extremely low numbers you've quoted there, most of them with caveats as to how different they are to us or maybe not even asset stripped at all, is hardly a great worry is it.

Hopeless

I'd have to agree. Apart from Sam Hammam selling Plough Lane, and obviously Blackpool. None of the others have been asset stripped.
Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 08:54 - Sep 9 with 1191 viewsLord_Bony

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 19:00 - Sep 8 by plasjack

I thought the terms of the lease was it can only be used as a sports venue?.

Under the terms of the current lease yes it can only be used as a sports venue.

But if it were to be bought privately,then the new owners would become landlords and they could do whatever they pleased with the land.

Has happened in the past. Depends on what's negotiated at the time of course.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 09:06 - Sep 9 with 1179 viewstheloneranger

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 19:26 - Sep 8 by plasjack

So is the old Manor ground now a shopping centre?.

No it's a private hospital

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 09:06 - Sep 9 with 1179 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 14:38 - Sep 7 by byron

We did sell after relegation last time, some 40 million odd to try and balance the books. But OGS had brought it loads, not for big fees but big contracts, nobody would take a few less we paid them up. Bitblike you are doing now with all the ones loaned out.

Looks like Huw never learned from Tan's mistakes. After bragging he'd "never do anything to put the future of SCFC at risk". Or words to that effect.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 09:57 - Sep 9 with 1163 viewswaynekerr55

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 09:06 - Sep 9 by Brynmill_Jack

Looks like Huw never learned from Tan's mistakes. After bragging he'd "never do anything to put the future of SCFC at risk". Or words to that effect.

Yes, correct.

To learn lessons you've got you recognise you're making mistakes. Does Gonzo even think he's done wrong?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 09:58 - Sep 9 with 1162 viewspeenemunde

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 09:06 - Sep 9 by Brynmill_Jack

In what way is SCFC future at risk ?
Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 16:57 - Sep 9 with 1098 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 09:58 - Sep 9 by peenemunde

In what way is SCFC future at risk ?

Oh do bore off you insufferable @rse
[Post edited 9 Sep 2018 16:57]

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 17:42 - Sep 9 with 1069 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 13:48 - Sep 7 by PozuelosSideys

Do you really need to look much further than our own club C.2002 by Tony Petty?

Asset stripping was exactly what he was doing. Selling anything of value and running the club/business down. Squeezing every last drop.

However, I don't think the Yanks are doing that here - they appear to be cutting our cloth accordingly and have no issues with that element - currently anyway.

The real problem for me isn't the Americans, it's the lack of accountability for the mess in which we find ourselves in now.

For years we have spent money backing poor managers with players they mostly didn't want. Now we have a great manager and we can't afford to give him the backing he needs.

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 18:10 - Sep 9 with 1047 views_

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 17:42 - Sep 9 by Brynmill_Jack

The real problem for me isn't the Americans, it's the lack of accountability for the mess in which we find ourselves in now.

For years we have spent money backing poor managers with players they mostly didn't want. Now we have a great manager and we can't afford to give him the backing he needs.

This isn't true. The Americans literally busted a gut to get Clement what he wanted last season. And for some season Clement thought he could turn Sanches around when Bayern couldn't get a tune out of him.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 23:34 - Sep 9 with 971 viewsJackDaniel

If Tony Petty and the yanks aren't comparable in this thread then neither are Tan and the yanks.

It clearly states Tan pumped his own money in that lot up the road which can't be said for the yanks.

Unless you include lending money to receive it back with interest
Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 23:40 - Sep 9 with 970 viewsDarran

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 23:34 - Sep 9 by JackDaniel

If Tony Petty and the yanks aren't comparable in this thread then neither are Tan and the yanks.

It clearly states Tan pumped his own money in that lot up the road which can't be said for the yanks.

Unless you include lending money to receive it back with interest

They aren’t making any money out of Swansea City though eh? lol

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 23:52 - Sep 9 with 963 viewsomarjack

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 18:10 - Sep 9 by _

This isn't true. The Americans literally busted a gut to get Clement what he wanted last season. And for some season Clement thought he could turn Sanches around when Bayern couldn't get a tune out of him.

They didn't "literally" bust a gut. I'm sure of that.

What did Clement get exactly? losing his 2 best players? The only top quality playmaker and one of the best finishers in the league the year before that?

Instead they were replaced with a busted Bony, Sam f*cking Clucas whom I doubt Clement cared much for. Mesa who he's surely never wanted, as he's practically never played him..and Sanches, perhaps the only one Clement would have been interested in, brought on loan for 1 year only..and maybe Abraham..another loanee who wasn't really hard to get having never played top tier football before.

Huw did what he wanted in the most part as usual. And it turned out like sh!t as usual.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2018 23:52]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024