Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which football club's do get asset stripped? 13:28 - Sep 7 with 9007 viewsTheResurrection

"""Anybody who makes these asset-strip comments are either flawed when it comes to basic arithmetic, deliberately want to look at things just one way, or are plain wrong."""

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/angry-cardiff-city-ch

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 13:31 - Sep 7 with 5838 viewsomarjack

I'm starting to believe that you're having some sort of a breakdown.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 13:32 - Sep 7 with 5831 viewsTheResurrection

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 13:31 - Sep 7 by omarjack

Let's see a full list of club's so we can compare to them?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 13:36 - Sep 7 with 5811 viewsbyron

They do say that over thinking can cause depression

Benny

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 13:40 - Sep 7 with 5788 viewsicecoldjack

It doesn't matter, all credibility has been lost anyway.

He really is box office after all !...
Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 13:48 - Sep 7 with 5760 viewsPozuelosSideys

Do you really need to look much further than our own club C.2002 by Tony Petty?

Asset stripping was exactly what he was doing. Selling anything of value and running the club/business down. Squeezing every last drop.

However, I don't think the Yanks are doing that here - they appear to be cutting our cloth accordingly and have no issues with that element - currently anyway.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 13:50 - Sep 7 with 5748 viewsBobbyBacala

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 13:48 - Sep 7 by PozuelosSideys

Asset stripping was exactly what he was doing. Selling anything of value and running the club/business down. Squeezing every last drop.

However, I don't think the Yanks are doing that here - they appear to be cutting our cloth accordingly and have no issues with that element - currently anyway.

Blackpool.
Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 13:52 - Sep 7 with 5737 viewsTheResurrection

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 13:48 - Sep 7 by PozuelosSideys

Haha...

Classic.

So the one example you gave you ruled out in a heartbeat.

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 13:55 - Sep 7 with 5729 viewsBobbyBacala

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 13:52 - Sep 7 by TheResurrection

Haha...

Classic.

Because's he's agreeing with you. You asked for examples of football clubs who have been asset stripped, not whether their situations are comparable.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2018 13:55]
Login to get fewer ads

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 14:07 - Sep 7 with 5690 viewsBlasterJack

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 13:55 - Sep 7 by BobbyBacala

Because's he's agreeing with you. You asked for examples of football clubs who have been asset stripped, not whether their situations are comparable.

Christopher could start an argument in an empty room.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 14:09 - Sep 7 with 5687 viewsTheResurrection

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 13:50 - Sep 7 by BobbyBacala

Blackpool.

OK, here's a start.

The convicted rapist Oyston had made a transfer to one of his other Companies for 11m dressed as a Director's salary.

Are our lot doing that?

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 14:12 - Sep 7 with 5677 viewsTheResurrection

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 13:55 - Sep 7 by BobbyBacala

Yes, but of course it was going to be in the same context as our owners and what they're doing.

It's an all too easy term to throw around by people who don't understand how it's possible, so I thought if we could look at other examples we could compare them to our situation to see if we've got legit concerns.

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 14:12 - Sep 7 with 5674 viewsTheResurrection

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 14:07 - Sep 7 by BlasterJack

Thank you but have you got anything to add to the debate?

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 14:14 - Sep 7 with 5667 viewshobo

"Believe me, he couldn't asset strip even if he wanted to.

"He needs to recoup £200million. What is he going to sell to recoup that sort of figure?"

He says himself, they had no real saleable assets to strip. We had plenty and let them go for rock bottom prices
Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 14:15 - Sep 7 with 5661 viewsKrisP

There is no evidence of any asset stripping here, just unsubstantiated accusations.
Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 14:18 - Sep 7 with 5645 viewsTheResurrection

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 14:14 - Sep 7 by hobo

"Believe me, he couldn't asset strip even if he wanted to.

"He needs to recoup £200million. What is he going to sell to recoup that sort of figure?"

He says himself, they had no real saleable assets to strip. We had plenty and let them go for rock bottom prices

So Cardiff had no assets??? Wow 😲😂😂

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 14:19 - Sep 7 with 5639 viewsHighjack

Great question. Let’s look at the definition:

asset stripping
ˈasɛt ˌstrɪpɪŋ/
noun
the practice of taking over a company in financial difficulties and selling each of its assets separately at a profit without regard for the company's future.

Taken over a company in financial difficulty? ✅

No regard for the future? ✅

Selling assets for a profit? 👎

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 14:25 - Sep 7 with 5616 viewsTheResurrection

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 14:19 - Sep 7 by Highjack

Great question. Let’s look at the definition:

asset stripping
ˈasɛt ˌstrɪpɪŋ/
noun
the practice of taking over a company in financial difficulties and selling each of its assets separately at a profit without regard for the company's future.

Taken over a company in financial difficulty? ✅

No regard for the future? ✅

Selling assets for a profit? 👎

How you can uptick no regard for the future when they're literally keeping a roof over our heads is baffling me.

And I don't think we were in financial difficulties either. We had a turnover of 140m FFS.

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 14:34 - Sep 7 with 5588 viewsbyron

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 14:07 - Sep 7 by BlasterJack

He regularly has a pop at his shadow

Benny

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 14:38 - Sep 7 with 5575 viewsbyron

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 14:18 - Sep 7 by TheResurrection

We did sell after relegation last time, some 40 million odd to try and balance the books. But OGS had brought it loads, not for big fees but big contracts, nobody would take a few less we paid them up. Bitblike you are doing now with all the ones loaned out.

Benny

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 14:41 - Sep 7 with 5566 viewsvetchonian

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 14:15 - Sep 7 by KrisP

There is no evidence of any asset stripping here, just unsubstantiated accusations.

That is true..BUT the Yanks are not helping themselves with all this NDA stuff and not making themselves transparent to the Trust.

Most fans are all abit jittery given with how the sales of shares occured..many fearing for the future of the club as it is now in the hands of persons with no "emotional" attachment ( albeit Jason speaks of this growing for him) to the club AKA Silver Shield and Petty...following its "rescue" by fans who were prepared to rsik an investment.

There is a knee jerk reaction to the firesale without what appears to be any reinvestment into the "weakened" squad and the alleged high salary still being paid to the chairman alongside the cost of the CEO.
Again why do we find ourselves in such a precarious financial situation? Previous mismanagement and poor transfer dealings who is to blame?Fans are disgruntled that the person they see as responsible is still dreawing a nice salary.
It is apparent we as a club are not cash rich and we do not have a huge income stream ...we have been heavily reliant on the TV money.

Jase and Steve need to protect their investment ( or their investors investment) to do this the club needs to "prosper" so they can sell it on. IT has very little in liquid or liquidable assets.
THe Fairwood training ground is shared with the University and I believe the land in the University's what is LAndore worth? ......I doubt the council would allow planning permission for housing there?
The stadium again is leased not owned...I would imsgine the planis to use that to generate income...naming rights,more events with the club as leaseholder taking the lions share of the income.
The main assets are the players....and they are only worth what others are willing to pay anyway.

Whilst I am not happy with the current ownership scenario (and yes I do banter with the Res about his being their lacky) it is not a situation which is going to change anytime soon. FOR me the jury is out and I am waiting to see their actions come January. They could do better though by being more transparent to the Trust and not insisting on all these NDAs....Obviuosly they dont want certain info in the public domain and I work for a businesses ( not AMerican) where the owners do not want info shared to employees or even allow the sharing of "benchmarking" data between plant managers so understand some of their thinking but that also causes some "trust" issues in the workforce.

When people have only some of the facts they often "fill the gaps" with conjecture.....some of that is going on here. One day it will all beocmew apparant lets hope its not the worst scenario

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 14:43 - Sep 7 with 5560 viewsHighjack

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 14:25 - Sep 7 by TheResurrection

How you can uptick no regard for the future when they're literally keeping a roof over our heads is baffling me.

And I don't think we were in financial difficulties either. We had a turnover of 140m FFS.

One of the reasons your mate Huw conknose Jenkins gave to justify the takeover was that the old board and club were facing huge cash flow issues and the yanks had huge finances that would help with the situation. That of course turned out to be utter utter bollocks of course.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 14:44 - Sep 7 with 5558 viewsBadlands

Yes.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 14:47 - Sep 7 with 5544 viewshobo

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 14:18 - Sep 7 by TheResurrection

Indeed. Those are the words of the Cardiff chairman
Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 14:48 - Sep 7 with 5543 viewsPozuelosSideys

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 13:52 - Sep 7 by TheResurrection

Haha...

Classic.

So the question you asked and is literally the name of the thread which you typed is "Which football club's do get asset stripped?"

We got asset stripped by Petty. Do you agree with that or not?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 14:50 - Sep 7 with 5532 viewsBlasterJack

Which football club's do get asset stripped? on 14:25 - Sep 7 by TheResurrection

So because we had a turnover of £140m that automatically means we weren't in financial difficulties? Remind me not to go into business with you.

Haven't we just had to borrow against future TV income from Barclays so how exactly are 'they' keeping a roof over our heads.

Two charges ifo MacQuarrie Bank have also appeared on 5th Sept relating to deferred payments owed for Mesa and Fabianski. The Companies House filing docs for these two make interesting reading as it states precise amounts and timescales for the payments made by West Ham. I haven't really looked at the Mesa one.

It doesn't take a genius to see we have signed over the stage payments owed from West Ham etc to this Australian Bank, probably to free up immediate short term cash.

So please tell me again, what exactly have the Americans brought to the party?
[Post edited 7 Sep 2018 14:53]

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024