Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We need people like The Res and E20 14:48 - Sep 7 with 8050 viewsGlyn1

In any part of life we need people who disagree with the majority view even if they're wrong - it forces everyone to defend their positions and think more deeply about them rather than just constantly agreeing with each other. That's why most newspapers used to have a regular columnist from the other political party to stir up the readers.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

We need people like The Res and E20 on 15:05 - Sep 7 with 3680 viewsHighjack

I agree. You should always question stuff and listen to alternative positions. Then through polite discourse and quiet contemplation we can all agree they’re wrong.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

We need people like The Res and E20 on 15:11 - Sep 7 with 3663 viewsicecoldjack

Couldn't agree more. Problem for the Res though is that he's become an abusive lunatic who changes his mind from one post to the next and has become quite disingenuous the more he gets pushed on his points.

We've(myself and Res) been in agreement over Jenkins limited ability for literally.years, both of us getting pelters on here and other forums, I've maintained my viewpoint he's totally flipped his, nothing wrong with that but no need to then call people names because they disagree.

It's the constant flip flopping that make many believe he's more a WUM than a genuine concerned supporter, loving the limited limelight and basking in pointless posts of abuse and viewpoints that were totally different a month previous.

All a bit weird really, free speech is great,so are differing opinions but if anyone owns one different to the Res somehow they are then labelled a "fecking caant"

E20 ? Thought they were the same person or at least joined at the hip.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2018 15:13]
We need people like The Res and E20 on 15:17 - Sep 7 with 3627 viewsTheResurrection

Great post.

Post of the year.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

We need people like The Res and E20 on 15:22 - Sep 7 with 3628 viewsDrizzy

They've become a parody of themselves now. Increasingly bizarre and conflated arguments. I understand their response to the relentless toxicity from a certain faction of fans but they're incapable of realising it's just the same group of reactionary fans who slate every player when we lose and drool over them when we win.

Can't help but pity them now, especially Res. Hours and hours wasted trying to talk "sense" but they're only combating arguments that are already emotional and irrational. All they're doing is wasting their time and inciting more anger. I suppose it must provide some sense of purpose for two people with copious amounts of free time.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

We need people like The Res and E20 on 15:31 - Sep 7 with 3602 viewsJonathans_coat

We need people like The Res and E20 on 15:17 - Sep 7 by TheResurrection

Great post.

Post of the year.

I agree........

Icecoldjack and Drizzy’s posts have hit the nail on the head!

We need people like The Res and E20 on 15:32 - Sep 7 with 3599 viewsSgorioFruit

We need people like The Res and E20 on 15:22 - Sep 7 by Drizzy

They've become a parody of themselves now. Increasingly bizarre and conflated arguments. I understand their response to the relentless toxicity from a certain faction of fans but they're incapable of realising it's just the same group of reactionary fans who slate every player when we lose and drool over them when we win.

Can't help but pity them now, especially Res. Hours and hours wasted trying to talk "sense" but they're only combating arguments that are already emotional and irrational. All they're doing is wasting their time and inciting more anger. I suppose it must provide some sense of purpose for two people with copious amounts of free time.

or they can just be like me and make one post on here and it ends up on sky sports news, all the papers, and the sports network channels in USA and Canada.

not to mention the press conferences

up the Fruit

enjoy the season
[Post edited 7 Sep 2018 15:34]

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

We need people like The Res and E20 on 15:43 - Sep 7 with 3555 viewssainthelens

Totally agree. Just when I think I'm having a bad day I read the Res and then realise what's at the bottom of the barrel.
We need people like The Res and E20 on 15:45 - Sep 7 with 3550 viewsomarjack

Yeah sure great, We're not all supposed to be robotic automatons that agree on everything. That's very obvious. And sometimes things heat up while discussing important matters that could be life or death for many.

But the way Res and his alter-ego E20 keep going on and on and on until the end of times, rambling in defence of a minority opinion concerning small matters like football (don't get me wrong I love football and SCFC but it's only football by the end of the day) just for the sake of arguing is intentionally vile. Especially since it's often accompanied by insults, hatefulness and bullying.

I truly believe that if most of us suddenly become Huw defenders he'll start criticising him, calling us "facking mugs" and the sort for opposing his views.

He's kind of a hateful person who gets angry at small matters in the grand scheme of things.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2018 15:46]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Login to get fewer ads

We need people like The Res and E20 on 15:53 - Sep 7 with 3528 viewsbyron

I agree. It’s often just his delivery, he’d never be a postman

Benny

We need people like The Res and E20 on 15:59 - Sep 7 with 3522 viewsDarran

We need people like The Res and E20 on 15:22 - Sep 7 by Drizzy

Great post Keiron.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

We need people like The Res and E20 on 16:25 - Sep 7 with 3483 viewsFireboy2

You can put these two on ignore

Ive never looked back
We need people like The Res and E20 on 16:41 - Sep 7 with 3467 viewsLeonWasGod

I see us all as a bunch of mushrooms, with this lot the sh*te we need to grow
We need people like The Res and E20 on 16:50 - Sep 7 with 3452 viewsomarjack

We need people like The Res and E20 on 16:41 - Sep 7 by LeonWasGod

I see us all as a bunch of mushrooms, with this lot the sh*te we need to grow

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

We need people like The Res and E20 on 16:57 - Sep 7 with 3442 viewsMrSwerve

We need people like The Res and E20 on 15:05 - Sep 7 by Highjack

I agree. You should always question stuff and listen to alternative positions. Then through polite discourse and quiet contemplation we can all agree they’re wrong.

"Shut up you facking thick kunt."

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

We need people like The Res and E20 on 17:00 - Sep 7 with 3423 viewsTheResurrection

We need people like The Res and E20 on 15:59 - Sep 7 by Darran

Great post Keiron.

Keiron? Interesting....

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

We need people like The Res and E20 on 17:01 - Sep 7 with 3409 viewsTheResurrection

So much love....

I'm overwhelmed.

Cheers everyone 👍

We need people like The Res and E20 on 17:09 - Sep 7 with 3391 viewsDarran

We need people like The Res and E20 on 17:00 - Sep 7 by TheResurrection

Keiron? Interesting....

What’s interesting about his name being Keiron?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

We need people like The Res and E20 on 17:15 - Sep 7 with 3383 viewsLeonWasGod

We need people like The Res and E20 on 17:01 - Sep 7 by TheResurrection

So much love....

I'm overwhelmed.

Cheers everyone 👍

At the end of the day, when the fat lady sings and the cliches run out, we’re all Swansea fans and we look out for each other. So if you need a psychiatrist I’m sure Skippy will help 👍
We need people like The Res and E20 on 17:23 - Sep 7 with 3369 viewsWingstandwood

One of the most intriguing debates on here was when E20 was blown off his feet and destroyed by a professional -gambler, master-statistician, human calculator and someone I naturally presume to be an I.Q-megasaurus!

The debate was about gambling and E20 decided to cross swords with a guy who used all the above qualities along with a thing called 'The Martingale System'...... All of which?..... Got him banned from high-end gambling establishments, they don't like relentless winners with prowess bordering on supernatural.... I'm sure Monte Carlo was mentioned! That really says the calibre of professional gambler we're talking about here.

Trampie has been very quiet (absent?) on here of late and I presume he is away, again at the roulette wheel far away from the distraction of this forum! E20 can breathe a sigh of relief!
[Post edited 7 Sep 2018 17:24]

Argus!

We need people like The Res and E20 on 17:24 - Sep 7 with 3365 viewsChief

Agree with the OP but its got to more balanced for them to be taken seriously. Continuously bashing the trust or the while NEVER calling out the Yanks on anything is completely unrealistic and makes then look like they have an agenda.

Add this to the fact that one has the profile picture saying 'box office' which implies to me that he's after attention and says stuff for affect and to get a reaction, rather than actually making genuine relevant points.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

We need people like The Res and E20 on 17:54 - Sep 7 with 3309 viewsCatullus

We need people like The Res and E20 on 17:24 - Sep 7 by Chief

Agree with the OP but its got to more balanced for them to be taken seriously. Continuously bashing the trust or the while NEVER calling out the Yanks on anything is completely unrealistic and makes then look like they have an agenda.

Add this to the fact that one has the profile picture saying 'box office' which implies to me that he's after attention and says stuff for affect and to get a reaction, rather than actually making genuine relevant points.

I thought the Res and T2C were the same person? Does that make an unholy triumvirate if you include E20?
Anyways, they/he/she/it make some good points at times but it's all lost in the diatribe, the hurling of insults and the latent anger that spills over like a toilet in Dora's blocked with sh/t and puke and assorted rubbish!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

We need people like The Res and E20 on 18:13 - Sep 7 with 3291 viewsArizlan2

Disagree yes, acted and say things to be controversial then definitely not
We need people like The Res and E20 on 19:05 - Sep 7 with 3231 viewsjacksfullaces

pantomime villains in the main, some interesting points if you don't get suckered in to the abuse or passive aggression.

their respective histories are a little contradictory though, I think at times they have been mortal enemies in the style of pantomime villains.

enjoy the entertainment I say and engage if you want them to clarify anything, they will be more than happy to do so; would advise against open disagreement though, that's not part of the deal.

our very own polemicists as you say Glyn, and don't have to pay them a penny!
We need people like The Res and E20 on 19:09 - Sep 7 with 3225 viewsRancid

Can't live with them can't live without them
We need people like The Res and E20 on 19:19 - Sep 7 with 3205 viewsMcTaff

I rarely post but enjoy reading the forum.

I personally enjoy reading these two guys posts. The Res comes across as a passionate fan who loves his club. Yeah, he can get a bit over excited and gobby but there’s no doubting his passion. Calls a spade a facking shovel . Good for him.

E20 seems to be intelligent and offers a reasoned opinion which he can always back up. He comes in for a lot of flak as soon as people see the username and to be honest, I am not sure how he stays as polite as he does.

This place would be bloody boring without them. Might not always agree with them but their contributions put most to shame.

Totally agree with the OP.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024