Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? 03:10 - Sep 8 with 11513 viewsScottishEddie

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 00:05 - Sep 9 with 1706 viewsE20Jack

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 22:39 - Sep 8 by bonymine

‘Unfair Prejudice’ ......remember those words you Sellout Sympathiser Chrissy as they will well and truly be rammed down your throat in the forthcoming legal action ....

You Greedy B@stards Get Out Of OUR Club .....

THE legal action that we backed and yet the Trust and other fans voted against you mean?

Ah.., right.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 00:20 - Sep 9 with 1696 viewsairedale

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 18:52 - Sep 8 by jasper_T

I don't really care about the Trust so the Americans pumping a few tens of millions into the club would be fine by me.

Which Americans exactly? The employees of the club, or just Americans generally?
Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 18:08 - Sep 10 with 1557 viewsbyron

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 08:36 - Sep 8 by TheResurrection

Shaky is an absolute clown.

And this poll is superb, very keen to see the end result.

Isn’t it obvious what will happen? The hedge fund will put cash in to steady the ship, as they say, think they have already stated this? So, then, say they are owed say 10 million? How do they recoup this when the club has no money? Sell a player maybe or just create a new share issue for them mainly, thus diluting the trusts % down and down until it’s almost meaningless. Then they can do almost what they want whenever I would imagine, not that I know much about this end of stuff. You can bet a hedge fund knows though. Good luck

Benny

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 18:15 - Sep 10 with 1557 viewsjasper_T

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 00:20 - Sep 9 by airedale

Which Americans exactly? The employees of the club, or just Americans generally?

Any person or persons currently residing in the Americas are welcome to put £10m in the petty cash tin.
Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 18:24 - Sep 10 with 1549 viewsEasternJack

If I was part of the American consortium, I would see now as an optimum time to gain greater share ownership through dilution of the Trust's shares.

On the assumption that they expect promotion within a reasonable timeframe, it would make sense to maximise the return by effectively buying these shares at a discounted price (in the context of likely future value).

Being cynical, as overwhelming majority owner, I could always find ways to recover some/most of the investment required to dilute the shares.

The question is, do the Trust still have a claim around forcing a buyout at the original purchase price? My understanding is that this option was given away with that unholy deal last year...

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 18:39 - Sep 10 with 1525 viewsjackrmee

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 18:24 - Sep 10 by EasternJack

If I was part of the American consortium, I would see now as an optimum time to gain greater share ownership through dilution of the Trust's shares.

On the assumption that they expect promotion within a reasonable timeframe, it would make sense to maximise the return by effectively buying these shares at a discounted price (in the context of likely future value).

Being cynical, as overwhelming majority owner, I could always find ways to recover some/most of the investment required to dilute the shares.

The question is, do the Trust still have a claim around forcing a buyout at the original purchase price? My understanding is that this option was given away with that unholy deal last year...

I think that's what the trust want right?
The Yanks to agree to buy 15% of shares for the price they paid the sellouts?
So then they have £15mil in the bank and still 6% shareholding in order to keep a perrson on the board.
That right?

Dilution would be the Yanks issuing more shares in the club which are worth say £10mil, with the trust then being obliged to purchase 21.1% of these in order to keep their stake. If they can't afford to pay the £2.1mil for the new shares, the 21.1% they owned is then "diluted" to (I don't know how to work this bit out) less than 21.1%

Am I right?

ps. this is really annoying, us both having the same avatar...isn't there an online "rock, paper, scissors" game we can play to see who has to change?
[Post edited 10 Sep 2018 18:41]

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 18:55 - Sep 10 with 1509 viewsjackrmee

Easternjack...
Challenge...
I've sent you a link

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 12:34 - Nov 5 with 1278 viewsShaky

Unexpected bump.

Just clicked on the link in the OPs signature, and found the status of this poll astonishing.

Is this the result of astroturfing, a reflection of the realisation the club is in urgent need of capital, or something else?

Any thoughts?
[Post edited 5 Nov 2018 12:36]

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Login to get fewer ads

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 12:38 - Nov 5 with 1267 viewsScottishEddie

waw

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 12:39 - Nov 5 with 1264 viewsjackrmee

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 12:34 - Nov 5 by Shaky

Unexpected bump.

Just clicked on the link in the OPs signature, and found the status of this poll astonishing.

Is this the result of astroturfing, a reflection of the realisation the club is in urgent need of capital, or something else?

Any thoughts?
[Post edited 5 Nov 2018 12:36]

I think the question in the poll itself is difficult the the every day fan to understand. "Should the Americans invest" part is easy to comprehend and therefore easy to vote yes for. "Dilute the trusts shareholding" doesn't really make much sense to Joe Bloggs, so why should they care about it, especially if they have no involvement in the trust.
So the results are skewed.

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 12:41 - Nov 5 with 1262 viewsShaky

Or is the poll function broken or being systematically gamed?

I notice the current result of the poll in my signature looks nothing like when i last looked.

Perhaps this is worth looking into if somebody is systematically trying to spoof poll results.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 12:44 - Nov 5 with 1249 viewsjackrmee

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 12:41 - Nov 5 by Shaky

Or is the poll function broken or being systematically gamed?

I notice the current result of the poll in my signature looks nothing like when i last looked.

Perhaps this is worth looking into if somebody is systematically trying to spoof poll results.

I think maybe the one in your signature has changed so much recently due to the amount of publicity you're giving it with your outspoken spats with other users on here, don't you think?

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 12:49 - Nov 5 with 1244 viewsShaky

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 12:44 - Nov 5 by jackrmee

I think maybe the one in your signature has changed so much recently due to the amount of publicity you're giving it with your outspoken spats with other users on here, don't you think?

That 23 people went out and voted for Kenny Jackett to succeed Paul Clements, 32 for Sousa, etc?

Possible, but in my view extremely unlikely that level of obscure sarcasm exists among the members of this messageboard.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 13:01 - Nov 5 with 1221 viewsShaky

. .although I suppose it could have been Dim trying out the list of reserve names he has registered here to restate his case for not being a troll

Misology -- It's a bitch

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 14:15 - Nov 5 with 1174 views_

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 13:01 - Nov 5 by Shaky

. .although I suppose it could have been Dim trying out the list of reserve names he has registered here to restate his case for not being a troll

Why are you deliberately trying to provoke him? Has Phil Sumbler asked you to do this?

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 15:24 - Nov 5 with 1115 viewsDarran

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 14:15 - Nov 5 by _

Why are you deliberately trying to provoke him? Has Phil Sumbler asked you to do this?

I hope he hasn’t asked him because he’s asked me.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 15:30 - Nov 5 with 1107 viewsLoyal

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 15:24 - Nov 5 by Darran

I hope he hasn’t asked him because he’s asked me.

What ?
He told me I was the only one he asked.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 15:35 - Nov 5 with 1098 viewsbuilthjack

Mart6 calls the shots

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 17:39 - Nov 5 with 1045 viewsmonmouth

Never mind dilution, why has legal action not progressed?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 17:42 - Nov 5 with 1044 viewswaynekerr55

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 09:44 - Sep 8 by chad

Indeed

Which would seem only fair if the buyer was the one that crashed it, whilst taking control in a way that was against the part owners legal rights

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 11:06 - Nov 6 with 964 viewsShaky

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 14:15 - Nov 5 by _

Provoking him?

No, I was merely making a little joke, which is clearly what the others heard too since they are taking the piss out of you.

And speaking of what we perceive, I thought I distinctly heard the sound of your soul leaving your body to the accompaniment of your hysterical outburst full lies yesterday.

Doubt that was just me either.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 11:33 - Nov 6 with 943 viewsmajorraglan

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 18:39 - Sep 10 by jackrmee

So then they have £15mil in the bank and still 6% shareholding in order to keep a perrson on the board.
That right?

Dilution would be the Yanks issuing more shares in the club which are worth say £10mil, with the trust then being obliged to purchase 21.1% of these in order to keep their stake. If they can't afford to pay the £2.1mil for the new shares, the 21.1% they owned is then "diluted" to (I don't know how to work this bit out) less than 21.1%

Am I right?

ps. this is really annoying, us both having the same avatar...isn't there an online "rock, paper, scissors" game we can play to see who has to change?

Yes you are right, dilution is issuing more shares in the club which would mean that if the Trust wanted to maintain its current shareholding they would have to buy more shares.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2018 11:35]
Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 12:11 - Nov 6 with 922 viewsLord_Bony

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 18:39 - Sep 10 by jackrmee

That right?

Am I right?

Yes its a bit daft.

I prefer this myself.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 12:18 - Nov 6 with 915 viewsLord_Bony

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 17:39 - Nov 5 by monmouth

Never mind dilution, why has legal action not progressed?

Indeed.

Should have done it on the cheap right at the time instead of commissioning an expensive QC who has just wasted time with a lot of bumbling mumbo jumbo as we d expected.

There was a clear cut case it would have cost about 10k to get it to court at the time.

Nothing was done and I think we ve missed the boat on recouping a considerable amount of money for The Trust and giving a lot more power I m afraid.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Should the Americans invest and dilute the Trust’s shareholding? on 12:46 - Nov 6 with 892 viewsBadlands

Serious question.
What is the point of the Trust having 5% shares and £15 million in the bank?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024