Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackpool 10:50 - Sep 9 with 4150 viewsawayjack

Just seen their 3 goals in 6 mins to beat Bradford. Stadium was empty with probably more Brandford fans in crowd of just over 4K. Do you think our fans would abandon the club if the off-field issues continue? Personally I’d still support club even in non-league.
Blackpool on 11:17 - Sep 9 with 4067 viewsAl_Bundy

They haven't abandoned the club. They are staying away until the owners leave. They follow the side away from home where the owners get minimal revenue.
Blackpool on 11:35 - Sep 9 with 4020 viewsthornabyswan

Can see where this thread is heading.
4300 there yesterday surprised they get that many after what's gone on there.
There were a couple of games in that league with lower crowds and half a dozen or so in the league below.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Blackpool on 11:40 - Sep 9 with 4012 viewsKrisP

Blackpool on 11:17 - Sep 9 by Al_Bundy

They haven't abandoned the club. They are staying away until the owners leave. They follow the side away from home where the owners get minimal revenue.

Sounds like mostly a semantic difference to me. They were getting 15k in the Premier League, are they all claiming to follow them away from home? Sounds like a great excuse to not to have to go and watch them now they've dropped down two divisions. Giving up some of the home advantage by barely having a crowd is cutting off your nose to spite your face for me.
Blackpool on 11:44 - Sep 9 with 4003 viewsbuilthjack

Apparently they take between 1000 and 3000 away from home. Yesterday only about 3000 home supporters at their place. Protesting against the owners.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Blackpool on 11:47 - Sep 9 with 3996 viewsthornabyswan

Blackpool on 11:44 - Sep 9 by builthjack

Apparently they take between 1000 and 3000 away from home. Yesterday only about 3000 home supporters at their place. Protesting against the owners.

Yes such a relief we don't have owners like the Oystons.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Blackpool on 12:10 - Sep 9 with 3939 viewsawayjack

Blackpool on 11:35 - Sep 9 by thornabyswan

Can see where this thread is heading.
4300 there yesterday surprised they get that many after what's gone on there.
There were a couple of games in that league with lower crowds and half a dozen or so in the league below.

2k Bradford fans apparently and no PL / Championship matches to compete. Take 1k-2k away so seem to have ‘lost’ 12k fans from their time in PL.
Blackpool on 12:17 - Sep 9 with 3917 viewsthornabyswan

Blackpool on 12:10 - Sep 9 by awayjack

2k Bradford fans apparently and no PL / Championship matches to compete. Take 1k-2k away so seem to have ‘lost’ 12k fans from their time in PL.

Yes the ownership issues have hit them hard.
Sunderland and Portsmouth had 30000 and 17000 watching them.
So not all clubs who drop lose so many fans.
You have to feel sorry for any club that goes through what they have though.

Blackpool on 12:18 - Sep 9 with 3917 viewsAl_Bundy

Blackpool on 11:40 - Sep 9 by KrisP

Sounds like mostly a semantic difference to me. They were getting 15k in the Premier League, are they all claiming to follow them away from home? Sounds like a great excuse to not to have to go and watch them now they've dropped down two divisions. Giving up some of the home advantage by barely having a crowd is cutting off your nose to spite your face for me.

We would be no difference if we landed back in the bottom tiers. A good few would not watch us either and go back to being a Man Utd fan.

At least they are making a stand the core support they have.
Login to get fewer ads

Blackpool on 12:22 - Sep 9 with 3887 viewsawayjack

Blackpool on 12:17 - Sep 9 by thornabyswan

Yes the ownership issues have hit them hard.
Sunderland and Portsmouth had 30000 and 17000 watching them.
So not all clubs who drop lose so many fans.
You have to feel sorry for any club that goes through what they have though.

Yup very sad state. I guess so many PL clubs around there to support.
Blackpool on 12:26 - Sep 9 with 3880 viewsKrisP

Blackpool on 12:18 - Sep 9 by Al_Bundy

We would be no difference if we landed back in the bottom tiers. A good few would not watch us either and go back to being a Man Utd fan.

Oh no doubt. We've got some already.
Blackpool on 12:47 - Sep 9 with 3808 viewsbyron

Blackpool on 12:10 - Sep 9 by awayjack

They never had many fans as there is so much competition up that way. I spoke to about 10 after the playoff defeat, only 2 ever watched them normally. The others were all Liverpool, Everton, Leeds etc...just out for the day.

Benny

Blackpool on 13:48 - Sep 9 with 3747 viewsthornabyswan

Blackpool on 12:22 - Sep 9 by awayjack

Yup very sad state. I guess so many PL clubs around there to support.

Yes there is that but Blackpool never had great support prior to their rise up the leagues.
I honestly think the likes of Sunderland and Portsmouth would still have big crowds even if they dropped out of the league.

Blackpool on 14:00 - Sep 9 with 3715 viewsAl_Bundy

Blackpool on 13:48 - Sep 9 by thornabyswan

Yes there is that but Blackpool never had great support prior to their rise up the leagues.
I honestly think the likes of Sunderland and Portsmouth would still have big crowds even if they dropped out of the league.

Portsmouth is great community club. Work there often and you rarely see prem kits worn there and all the kids in the parks and leisure centres all have Pompey kit on.
Blackpool on 14:38 - Sep 9 with 3670 viewsDewi1jack

Blackpool on 11:47 - Sep 9 by thornabyswan

Yes such a relief we don't have owners like the Oystons.

YET

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Blackpool on 14:54 - Sep 9 with 3653 viewsRancid

Anyone alluding to we've had the same rough treatment as Blackpool from their owners are deluded.We've had a rough deal but they've been hung drawn and quartered.
Blackpool on 15:11 - Sep 9 with 3612 viewsCatullus

Blackpool on 13:48 - Sep 9 by thornabyswan

Never had?

Anyway, Sunderland and Portsmouth are prone to the same issues as any club, fall low enough for long enough and you'll lose support.

Take us, crowds are still ok this season, mostly I reckon because many people had renewed their season tickets, just in case. Next season will be different, a lot more people will decide against renewing, unless we are several points clear at the top. If we are in the bottom half at the relevant time we'll lose a 3/4/5 thousand season tickets, if we were relegated, even more.
January's window could be a very important time, if we are pushing for a play off place the owners could decide to gamble a bit. If we're nowhere near the current plan continues.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Blackpool on 17:55 - Sep 9 with 3463 viewsawayjack

Blackpool on 15:11 - Sep 9 by Catullus

Never had?

Anyway, Sunderland and Portsmouth are prone to the same issues as any club, fall low enough for long enough and you'll lose support.

Take us, crowds are still ok this season, mostly I reckon because many people had renewed their season tickets, just in case. Next season will be different, a lot more people will decide against renewing, unless we are several points clear at the top. If we are in the bottom half at the relevant time we'll lose a 3/4/5 thousand season tickets, if we were relegated, even more.
January's window could be a very important time, if we are pushing for a play off place the owners could decide to gamble a bit. If we're nowhere near the current plan continues.

Yup losing 3k season tickets feels about right. My gut is we’ll sell more players in Jan Even if we’re still in promotion hunt. If we’re top 6 maybe we’ll sell a few less but any decent offers for likes of McBurnie and Celina and they’ll be gone.
Blackpool on 18:02 - Sep 9 with 3437 viewsFlashberryjack

Blackpool on 17:55 - Sep 9 by awayjack

Yup losing 3k season tickets feels about right. My gut is we’ll sell more players in Jan Even if we’re still in promotion hunt. If we’re top 6 maybe we’ll sell a few less but any decent offers for likes of McBurnie and Celina and they’ll be gone.

Absolutely spot on, we're in "everything must go sale" mode.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Blackpool on 20:30 - Sep 9 with 3311 viewsFireboy2

The only difference between the oystons and our owners is that the oystons are arrogant and thick as pigsh!t

They thought they could fleece the club of its assets and get away without the other part owner belakov doing anything about it

Whilst our owners are very clever,calculating,hedge fund,asset striping capitalist cvnts

And they will get away with it as our part owners (the trust) dont have the money to take them on in the courts

Just hope the trust have a few clever people running it
Blackpool on 21:07 - Sep 9 with 3266 viewspencoedjack

Blackpool on 12:18 - Sep 9 by Al_Bundy

The only way I would stop watching the swans ( at home) would be if the Yanks sold & ex directors bought the club

Been touted on here a few times.
Blackpool on 21:10 - Sep 9 with 3260 viewsElmo

Blackpool on 20:30 - Sep 9 by Fireboy2

The only difference between the oystons and our owners is that the oystons are arrogant and thick as pigsh!t

They thought they could fleece the club of its assets and get away without the other part owner belakov doing anything about it

Whilst our owners are very clever,calculating,hedge fund,asset striping capitalist cvnts

And they will get away with it as our part owners (the trust) dont have the money to take them on in the courts

Just hope the trust have a few clever people running it

In all honesty - do you believe the Trust has the "few clever people running it" to do the job ?

If not, do they need the likes of you to add some..........something ?
Blackpool on 21:12 - Sep 9 with 3257 viewsOldjack

When the owners care more about their pockets that the football team ,then most will say enough is enough, and if those fukers sell our little jewels this coming January that's it for me until they're gone, that includes the treacherous ones aswell

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Blackpool on 23:36 - Sep 9 with 3120 viewsFireboy2

Blackpool on 21:10 - Sep 9 by Elmo

In all honesty - do you believe the Trust has the "few clever people running it" to do the job ?

If not, do they need the likes of you to add some..........something ?

To answer your first question

I dont know

Thats why i said 'I hope'

And to answer your second question

No

Because 1. I live 250 miles away and 2. Shamefully I dont have the time

What about you? Do you have the time Elmo?
Blackpool on 16:13 - Sep 11 with 2803 viewsLord_Bony

Blackpool on 14:54 - Sep 9 by Rancid

Anyone alluding to we've had the same rough treatment as Blackpool from their owners are deluded.We've had a rough deal but they've been hung drawn and quartered.

Yes sir.

Asset stripped down to their bare bones.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Blackpool on 19:03 - Sep 13 with 2668 viewsandrew

I couldn’t see us dropping below 10k whilst in the football league.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024