Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’m on Serena’s side!!! 13:54 - Sep 9 with 6108 viewszedlep

I think it is ludicrous in today’s sporting world that we haven’t got a refereeing/judging system (in all forms of sport) where a sliding scale re the application of said rules are applied. Let me explain:
At one end should be all the white men of wealth and the other should be women of non-white ethnicity who are also of wealth. The sliding scale should then be applied between, paying due deference to gender, shade and size of bank balance.
In the real world therefore, a white, rich sportsman would get penalised for living next to someone who might have not held a door open for a woman three years earlier and a black, wealthy woman would be totally allowed to call a referee a “liar” and a “thief” in front of the worlds press.
Simples!
Special allowances should be also made for a woman suffering separation anxiety from her child or if they are surfing the crimson wave.

Zedzdead

I’m on Serena’s side!!! on 14:19 - Sep 9 with 4577 viewsdickythorpe

6 stellas in an hour will do this to a poster on this forum.
I’m on Serena’s side!!! on 14:38 - Sep 9 with 4536 viewsJango

No complaints of sexism when she gets paid the same as the men but only required to play 3 sets And not the 5 sets men have to play.
I’m on Serena’s side!!! on 14:40 - Sep 9 with 4528 viewshobo

Vile behaviour from her last night. She was being outplayed by a relative rookie, so resorted to other ways to make sure the spotlight stayed on her
I’m on Serena’s side!!! on 15:12 - Sep 9 with 4482 viewsFergal

I’m on Serena’s side!!! on 14:40 - Sep 9 by hobo

Vile behaviour from her last night. She was being outplayed by a relative rookie, so resorted to other ways to make sure the spotlight stayed on her

She's a mother don't you know.
I’m on Serena’s side!!! on 15:16 - Sep 9 with 4469 viewszedlep

I’m on Serena’s side!!! on 14:19 - Sep 9 by dickythorpe

6 stellas in an hour will do this to a poster on this forum.

Nope, no alcohol or drugs. Just think the world is a bit silly nowadays.

Zedzdead

I’m on Serena’s side!!! on 15:21 - Sep 9 with 4461 viewsHighjack

The coach admitted he was coaching which is against the rules. She smashed her racket and had a tantrum which is against the rules. The victims in this are the umpire who got horrendous abuse and the girl who won who had her special moment that she’s worked hard for all her life taken away by a petulant strop.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

I’m on Serena’s side!!! on 16:36 - Sep 9 with 4377 viewswestwalesed

I used to be one of her biggest fans, but in the last few years I've had a feeling she felt she was becoming bigger than the sport, last night confirmed that and if anything she should be reprimanded further, not less.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

I’m on Serena’s side!!! on 17:11 - Sep 9 with 4329 viewszedlep

She’s acting like the love child of Donald Trump and Diane Abbott - deflect from her own wrong doing then blame bigotry “it’s because I’m a black woman”.

Zedzdead

Login to get fewer ads

I’m on Serena’s side!!! on 18:13 - Sep 9 with 4259 viewsjackal

I’m on Serena’s side!!! on 15:12 - Sep 9 by Fergal

She's a mother don't you know.

Really?

Don't think it's been mentioned.
I’m on Serena’s side!!! on 18:47 - Sep 9 with 4211 viewskrunchykarrot

I’m on Serena’s side!!! on 15:21 - Sep 9 by Highjack

The coach admitted he was coaching which is against the rules. She smashed her racket and had a tantrum which is against the rules. The victims in this are the umpire who got horrendous abuse and the girl who won who had her special moment that she’s worked hard for all her life taken away by a petulant strop.

Spot on post. Id like to add most probably the greatest female tennis player ever, who unfortunately does not have the class to match.
I’m on Serena’s side!!! on 04:04 - Sep 10 with 3997 viewsMo_Wives

Don't tell me, another woman claiming that being a woman makes her an unfair target of criticism while simultaneously using the fact that she's a woman as a shield to deflect criticism of her actions?
It's all getting a bit cringeworthy and sad now, isn't it?

Good luck, Mr Cooper

I’m on Serena’s side!!! on 08:02 - Sep 10 with 3939 viewssainthelens

Bottom line is she shouldn't have acted like a spoilt bitch. No class. Just take a leaf outa Federers" book.
I’m on Serena’s side!!! on 08:28 - Sep 10 with 3915 viewswestwalesed

WTA now coming out on Serena's side - saying that men "rant all the time at umpires" - yes they do, but what I have never heard in 30 odd years of watching tennis is a player accuse the umpire of dishonesty - as Serena did, using terms like "liar" and "thief". THAT was the reason she got a game penalty, not because she was ranting.

I’m on Serena’s side!!! on 09:52 - Sep 10 with 3851 viewsLegend83

I’m on Serena’s side!!! on 16:36 - Sep 9 by westwalesed

I used to be one of her biggest fans, but in the last few years I've had a feeling she felt she was becoming bigger than the sport, last night confirmed that and if anything she should be reprimanded further, not less.

I think her statement to the effect of "you will never umpire one of my games again" absolutely confirms she thinks she is bigger than the sport.

The BBC presenter hit the nail on the head this morning - everyone is talking about Serena, her losing and the fall-out of her petulance; no-one is talking about Osaka, the US Open champion.

Disgusting behavior from Serena and the FM crowd, the sooner she retires the better - the sport didn't miss her when she was away performing her ground-breaking actions for humanity by having a baby (GOSH! WOW! YOUARE SUCH A MOMMA!)
I’m on Serena’s side!!! on 10:36 - Sep 10 with 3814 viewspikeypaul

Disgusting spoilt bitch.

Her coach admitted he was cheating .

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

I’m on Serena’s side!!! on 10:53 - Sep 10 with 3793 viewsomarjack

One could argue that this has something to do with gender. It's quite possible that there are slight double standards..although not likely..

But when she starts throwing the "black mother" card..that's when it's quite obvious she's full of sh!t..this has nothing to do with her race. I don't think she ever experienced real racism. Being privileged financially her whole life. When she gets chastised, she doesn't get to play this card when it suits her. Liar. and quite honestly. She's undermining the cause of people who actually suffer from racism. Spoiled brat that deserves to be suspended. "Oh no..I acted bad, how to get out of it? Oh I know, I'm black, therefore I'm being abused!"

Bullsh!t..racism is all around us, in schools, workplaces, society..but not in her world that's for sure. Grow the f*ck up.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

I’m on Serena’s side!!! on 11:13 - Sep 10 with 3768 viewswestwalesed

I’m on Serena’s side!!! on 10:53 - Sep 10 by omarjack

One could argue that this has something to do with gender. It's quite possible that there are slight double standards..although not likely..

But when she starts throwing the "black mother" card..that's when it's quite obvious she's full of sh!t..this has nothing to do with her race. I don't think she ever experienced real racism. Being privileged financially her whole life. When she gets chastised, she doesn't get to play this card when it suits her. Liar. and quite honestly. She's undermining the cause of people who actually suffer from racism. Spoiled brat that deserves to be suspended. "Oh no..I acted bad, how to get out of it? Oh I know, I'm black, therefore I'm being abused!"

Bullsh!t..racism is all around us, in schools, workplaces, society..but not in her world that's for sure. Grow the f*ck up.

To be fair I don't think she mentioned anything about her race?

I’m on Serena’s side!!! on 14:03 - Sep 10 with 3665 viewsHighjack

In a bit of frankly bizarre news, the WTA have issued a statement saying that it was hugely sexist for the umpire to punish a player for smashing a racket, verbally abusing him and generally acting like a spoilt child.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/tennis/45468290

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

I’m on Serena’s side!!! on 15:01 - Sep 10 with 3612 viewsswanforthemoney

Serena showed a horrendous lack of respect for her opponent. The Japanese girl being in her first Grand Slam Final, I believe. That behaviour has really diminished her standing in my eyes.

I stand in the North Stand

I’m on Serena’s side!!! on 16:36 - Sep 10 with 3540 viewsLeonWasGod

Obviously sexist. Each woman should have the right to behave in a completely illogical and hysterical manner. I thought that was well known!
I’m on Serena’s side!!! on 21:34 - Sep 10 with 3438 viewsBrynCartwright

I'm on the umpire's side. You want equality. Play best of 5 sets beeach!

Sexism? just a spoilt, petulant woman spraffing off complete bollox.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

I’m on Serena’s side!!! on 12:59 - Sep 11 with 3265 viewsjackharris

Some people around the world on Twitter have said this cartoon by newspaper illustrator Mark Knight is racist and sexist. I personally think it is a perfect capture of someone who has become far too big for her boots and doesn’t seem to understand how to lose gracefully. The same type of John McEnroe in his day and no one called it sexist or racist then...

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

I’m on Serena’s side!!! on 13:03 - Sep 11 with 3259 viewsMo_Wives

I’m on Serena’s side!!! on 12:59 - Sep 11 by jackharris

Some people around the world on Twitter have said this cartoon by newspaper illustrator Mark Knight is racist and sexist. I personally think it is a perfect capture of someone who has become far too big for her boots and doesn’t seem to understand how to lose gracefully. The same type of John McEnroe in his day and no one called it sexist or racist then...

When those type of people say something is racist or sexist what they mean is "I don't like it so it shouldn't be allowed"

Good luck, Mr Cooper

I’m on Serena’s side!!! on 13:05 - Sep 11 with 3253 viewspikeypaul

What part is racist?

The cartoonist could hardly have changed her skin colour could he.

Or is it racist to simply draw people of colour .

If it was a white women would it also have been racist and if not why?

This PC World has gone mad.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2018 13:07]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

I’m on Serena’s side!!! on 14:48 - Sep 11 with 3167 viewsHighjack

I’m on Serena’s side!!! on 12:59 - Sep 11 by jackharris

It’s a very good satirical cartoon although I’m not sure why her opponent is suddenly blonde?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024