Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players going down screaming in agony 10:44 - Sep 10 with 3246 viewsBarrySwan

Having watched the Wales game last night is anybody else fed up of the recent increasing trend of every single player going to the floor screaming every time they are subject to a foul of any description or degree?

I know that professional football players have been play acting for years but the over dramatic scream/fall/ roll about seems to be hugely on the increase of late

I appreciate that having your legs taken away as you are haring up the wing isn't the most pleasant of experiences but does every single challenge have to elicit the open mouthed scream of agony as they go down with accompanying roll around, contorted face with two handed clutch of the affected ankle/leg/shoulder/hair-do?

Having played rugby and football for well over 30 odd seasons I am well aware that the occasional foul is more painful than others and possibly needs the old magic sponge treatment rather than just standing up and walking/hopping away but the majority of fouls whilst maybe unexpected aren't a cause for open heart surgery and a screaming in agony as you go down auto display surely.

Also perhaps if golden boy Gareth Bale had kept on his feet instead of hurling himself to the ground every 5 minutes looking round and whining when he realised that the ref and the rest of the players had ignored his laughable attempts at gaining an unjust free kick he might have actually contributed to the game instead of being Mr Anonymous.

Players going down screaming in agony on 10:54 - Sep 10 with 3219 viewsjasper_T

How else are you supposed to draw the refs attention to the foul, and make it looks worse than it might be?

It's got nothing to do with pain. Players are taught this from a young age. It helps win football matches.
Players going down screaming in agony on 10:56 - Sep 10 with 3201 viewsomarjack

You mean to tell me that some of them are faking it?

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Players going down screaming in agony on 10:57 - Sep 10 with 3202 viewsJack11

Yeah I agree, it’s a very irritating part of the game and it’s something that neutral observers of football find a turn off too. What gets me more though is appealing for something when the player knows fully it’s not “our ball”. I think the standard of refereeing is generally poor, but it would increase significantly if footballers became easier to referee and cut out play acting, diving, trying to gain inconsequential advantages and so on. It would also broaden appeal to more neutrals and stop the egg chasers banging that drum too.
Players going down screaming in agony on 11:53 - Sep 10 with 3106 viewsjacabertawe

Chico had the practice down to a fine art!

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Players going down screaming in agony on 16:30 - Sep 10 with 2867 viewsBadlands

Players going down screaming in agony on 11:53 - Sep 10 by jacabertawe

Chico had the practice down to a fine art!

Yawn!
In one game he'd been kicked, elbowed in the face and spat on ... in front of the ref who ignored it.
Talk about shitslinging.

What also irks me is commentators claiming. player has, 'won a free kick' when the slightest touch send him flying.
Spurs have it down to a fine art but a few Welsh players have started doing the same.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Players going down screaming in agony on 16:42 - Sep 10 with 2846 viewsLeonWasGod

It's part of 'game management' sadly. Apparently physios and the players can have pre-agree signals (a code word or similar) for this kind of thing, so the the physio knows whether it's a real injury or faked one to slow down the game or give the team a breather, etc. I heard that from a physio who'd worked at top clubs and have no reason to question it, although no way of proving it's true of course., nor of knowing how wide spread it is. But since hearing that it's funny how many players you see jump up after being given the magic sponge.

Mind you, it can be bloody painful if you get a knock but can wear off quickly, as you say.

Agreed with comments about blatant simulation to win free kicks though. Not good to see.
Players going down screaming in agony on 16:44 - Sep 10 with 2842 viewsDippy

Players dive and play act.. because defenders have to rethink whilst sticking their leg into a tackle.. less likely for a player getting tw*tted..

Any little touch, down you go..

I'm all for it.. if the ref won't protect you, protect yourself.

Poll: Cooper Out

Players going down screaming in agony on 17:43 - Sep 10 with 2760 viewsharryhpalmer

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Login to get fewer ads

Players going down screaming in agony on 18:02 - Sep 10 with 2730 viewsjasper_T

If the women's game becomes more popular/financially lucrative you'll see loads more. Bravado doesn't last long in top level sport when there's no advantage in it.

Everyone wants to look tough in the park but when you're paid £50k a week to win football matches (and know your boss will giving you a hammering if you don't go down properly) who cares what a few tears makes you look like?
Players going down screaming in agony on 18:55 - Sep 10 with 2681 viewsawayjack

Agree screaming seems to be getting louder. You’d think they’d be embarrassed watching it back on TV looking idiotic from 10 angles. Just think how loud they’d scream if Tommy Smith or Ante did their normal tackles. They’d be 6 foot in the air.
Players going down screaming in agony on 22:08 - Sep 10 with 2568 viewsCatullus

Players going down screaming in agony on 18:55 - Sep 10 by awayjack

Agree screaming seems to be getting louder. You’d think they’d be embarrassed watching it back on TV looking idiotic from 10 angles. Just think how loud they’d scream if Tommy Smith or Ante did their normal tackles. They’d be 6 foot in the air.

It's why people are losing interest in the EPL and viewing figuires have been dropping,

http://uk.businessinsider.com/heres-what-the-english-premier-league-viewership-d

It's been shown on here too, there were plenty of posts saying people were happier already in the Championship, myself included.
Watching Neymar do the danse macabre after being hit by no more than a wet lettuce leaf is boring in the extreme, seeing players do it every time they get in an oppo penalty area is sickening, seeing refs fall for it is even worse.
Players behave like they've lost a leg then, after getting the free kick and the oppo player booked they walk away without even the slightest limp. Neymar puts more energy into diving and rolling than into scoring. Maybe if it had been the other way around they'd have beaten Belgium?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Players going down screaming in agony on 23:03 - Sep 10 with 2520 viewsomarjack

I always find it intriguing how when sometimes "pro-players" fall on the ground with a grimace of pain as if scorpions are gnashing at their flesh and bones from inside their bodies. Only to see that the play is being resumed and the referee doesn't give a sh!t..They look around like the utter fools they are, get up and run as if nothing happened.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Players going down screaming in agony on 00:18 - Sep 11 with 2491 viewsjasper_T

Players going down screaming in agony on 22:08 - Sep 10 by Catullus

It's why people are losing interest in the EPL and viewing figuires have been dropping,

http://uk.businessinsider.com/heres-what-the-english-premier-league-viewership-d

It's been shown on here too, there were plenty of posts saying people were happier already in the Championship, myself included.
Watching Neymar do the danse macabre after being hit by no more than a wet lettuce leaf is boring in the extreme, seeing players do it every time they get in an oppo penalty area is sickening, seeing refs fall for it is even worse.
Players behave like they've lost a leg then, after getting the free kick and the oppo player booked they walk away without even the slightest limp. Neymar puts more energy into diving and rolling than into scoring. Maybe if it had been the other way around they'd have beaten Belgium?

Aren't the viewing figures for every major sport league dropping? The NFL reports steep year on year reductions, baseball is dying in the US as well.
Players going down screaming in agony on 01:46 - Sep 11 with 2469 viewsLoyal

Old girlfriend of mine did this regularly.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Players going down screaming in agony on 01:49 - Sep 11 with 2468 viewsDJack

Players going down screaming in agony on 01:46 - Sep 11 by Loyal

I won't ask what foul you committed on her...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Players going down screaming in agony on 03:18 - Sep 11 with 2441 viewsWanderer

Players going down screaming in agony on 01:46 - Sep 11 by Loyal

me too, it was her round though fair play.
Players going down screaming in agony on 04:43 - Sep 11 with 2416 viewstaylorsmade

I will always love the Swans but the latter years of our time in the Premier League were less enjoyable mostly due to the ongoing increase in diving and feigning injuries evident in all teams.
The Championship is better in this respect but I can see that diving is on the increase already.
It’s sad as it’s cheating if the worst sort but there are many times when I cannot believe that the refs have been fooled by some of these dives
The game as a whole needs to get this dealt with - easier said than done I know.
Players going down screaming in agony on 07:09 - Sep 11 with 2363 viewsbuilthjack

Rashford and Alli are the two biggest cheats of recent times.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Players going down screaming in agony on 07:12 - Sep 11 with 2362 viewszedlep

Players going down screaming in agony on 04:43 - Sep 11 by taylorsmade

I will always love the Swans but the latter years of our time in the Premier League were less enjoyable mostly due to the ongoing increase in diving and feigning injuries evident in all teams.
The Championship is better in this respect but I can see that diving is on the increase already.
It’s sad as it’s cheating if the worst sort but there are many times when I cannot believe that the refs have been fooled by some of these dives
The game as a whole needs to get this dealt with - easier said than done I know.

I know I’ll get shot down for this but I’m reminded of my Mother’s tactic for stopping me crying when I was a toddler, “If you don’t stop crying, I’ll give you something to cry for!” Link this with the fact that football has been rubbish in comparison (in my humble opinion) since reasonable contact was allowed and applauded.
In other words, change the rules back to those that were used in the 70s/80s!
Proper contact and “stop whinging you Nancy!”

Zedzdead

Players going down screaming in agony on 10:19 - Sep 11 with 2306 viewsCatullus

Players going down screaming in agony on 00:18 - Sep 11 by jasper_T

Aren't the viewing figures for every major sport league dropping? The NFL reports steep year on year reductions, baseball is dying in the US as well.

I haven't looked at sports I'm not interested in. Maybe it is a world wide trend, maybe the viewers and supporters have had enough of over paid, egocentric cheats and don't want to watch them anymore?
Or maybe it's because of the need to have several expensive subscriptions and people just can't afford it and maybe it's a combination of the two?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024