Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scouting job going 19:17 - Sep 10 with 4593 viewsOldjack

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/vacancy-talent-scout

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Scouting job going on 19:19 - Sep 10 with 4585 viewsDewi1jack

Whoever it is has to be better than Beaky.

Not got a rail ticket to Falkirk off the club

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Scouting job going on 19:56 - Sep 10 with 4497 viewsbuilthjack

Powys is sorted 👍

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Scouting job going on 20:53 - Sep 10 with 4359 viewsHighjack

No surprise to see you’d be working for free.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Scouting job going on 20:58 - Sep 10 with 4345 viewsKilkennyjack

Scouting job going on 20:53 - Sep 10 by Highjack

£700 million revenue from Premier League days mind ... poor.

Beware of the Risen People

Scouting job going on 21:37 - Sep 10 with 4282 viewsbuilthjack

Scouting job going on 20:53 - Sep 10 by Highjack

Me?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Scouting job going on 10:24 - Sep 11 with 4005 viewsLeonWasGod

Scouting job going on 21:37 - Sep 10 by builthjack

Me?

They're voluntary positions.

I wonder how many of the players or management staff are volunteers?! Rhetorical question obviously
Scouting job going on 10:52 - Sep 11 with 3959 viewsSkettyJack

You would think they would cover expenses wouldnt you??
Scouting job going on 11:23 - Sep 11 with 3924 viewssherpajacob

I get to see a lot of mini football around cardiff, vog and valleys.

It seems to me most of the talent is identified around the 6-10 age group.

There were usually a couple of cardiff scouts around at Saturday Morning football and at festivals at U6, U7, U8, less so at U9, U10. One i spoke to last season at U9 came specifically looking for goalkeepers.
The best players are fairly obvious to all concerned. Sometimes better players are missed initially as mini teams get asked to bring their best 2 players to a showcase and the coaches take their own kids instead of their best players, but word gets around who the best kids are.

I might go for this, as I'll be coaching U5 and U10 this season. It's seems little extra effort to identify the best opposition players and pass a name on.

Better for Welsh football for the best youngsters to be steered into playing the swansea way than the alternative.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Login to get fewer ads

Scouting job going on 13:10 - Sep 11 with 3834 viewsSkettyJack

Scouting job going on 11:23 - Sep 11 by sherpajacob

There were usually a couple of cardiff scouts around at Saturday Morning football and at festivals at U6, U7, U8, less so at U9, U10. One i spoke to last season at U9 came specifically looking for goalkeepers.
The best players are fairly obvious to all concerned. Sometimes better players are missed initially as mini teams get asked to bring their best 2 players to a showcase and the coaches take their own kids instead of their best players, but word gets around who the best kids are.

I might go for this, as I'll be coaching U5 and U10 this season. It's seems little extra effort to identify the best opposition players and pass a name on.

Better for Welsh football for the best youngsters to be steered into playing the swansea way than the alternative.

Are there U5 teams? Or is U6 the youngest - asking to get my lad into a club
Scouting job going on 13:40 - Sep 11 with 3796 viewssherpajacob

many clubs start fun training at U5 (reception year). No formal fixtures.

Fixtures between clubs start at U6 or U7. still fun stuff -4 a side, no goalies, small pop up goals.

http://www.faw.cymru/files/9515/3063/1592/MINI_FOOTBALL_REGULATIONS_2016-2017_Au

Scouting job going on 13:54 - Sep 11 with 3763 viewswaynekerr55

Scouting job going on 11:23 - Sep 11 by sherpajacob

Talent at 6 - 10 years old...

Urban myth!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Scouting job going on 14:36 - Sep 11 with 3705 viewsRissoleCoughlin

Scouting job going on 13:54 - Sep 11 by waynekerr55

Urban myth!

Given that it's extremely hard to tell whether or not a 15 year old is going to make it as a Pro I'd say that makes it virtually impossible to even attempt such an exercise with a 6 year old.

There really is an awful lot to be said for just allowing kids to play for their Clubs with their mates until they're about 14.
Scouting job going on 14:41 - Sep 11 with 3692 viewsTailGunner

Scouting job going on 14:36 - Sep 11 by RissoleCoughlin

Given that it's extremely hard to tell whether or not a 15 year old is going to make it as a Pro I'd say that makes it virtually impossible to even attempt such an exercise with a 6 year old.

There really is an awful lot to be said for just allowing kids to play for their Clubs with their mates until they're about 14.

Swans have binned all development sections after the age of under 12.
Staggering
Scouting job going on 14:54 - Sep 11 with 3671 viewsRissoleCoughlin

Scouting job going on 14:41 - Sep 11 by TailGunner

Swans have binned all development sections after the age of under 12.
Staggering

Wow, now that I did not know. Yes, it is astonishing, particularly since U13s is a much more sensible age for boys to start their association with a professional football club, not end it!

Luckily for Antoine Griezmann, he didn't grow up in Swansea.
Scouting job going on 15:05 - Sep 11 with 3662 viewssherpajacob

Scouting job going on 13:54 - Sep 11 by waynekerr55

Urban myth!

What age did Leon start at Arsenal?

Pro teams can't sign kids till u9, but will have them in ADCs, technical centres and academies from U7. The local scouts ( the job advertised) will also be keeping an eye on talented players at grassroots festivals and showcase events.

If a kid can't control a,ball by the time he's 10, I would say his chances of making it pro are slim to none.

At u9 Cardiff have well over a hundred local kids in their system, it will be narrowed down and reduced until at age 18 , they might have one player go on to full time Pro. The likelihood that there is a local ,player good enough, but not yet in the system is pretty small.

It's not difficult to identify the best players at 9, what's impossible is to say which ones will make it.

Scouting job going on 15:20 - Sep 11 with 3645 viewsMillJack

Some great points already made on this thread regarding the spotting of "talent" at such a young age. The fact is, it is literally impossible to spot a player at U6 and be able to predict whether they will become a professional footballer 10-12 years later, yet it doesn't stop professional clubs from conducting trials at that age....something the Swans did last week.

Just to put this into context, most of the children in these trials will have only played a handful of organised games as the U6 fixtures didn't start at PlayFootball or Meadow View until Sunday just gone.

It literally has become a race to the bottom with zero thought for the social and psychological development of these kids, they're commodities and that's it, and at an age where they still believe in Santa Claus!

Someone has already pointed out that the club would have been better off getting rid of their development squads below the age of U12 not above it! IMO the better system would be to allow children to play with their friends and local representative sides (i.e. schoolboys) until they're at least U14 and are close to having the psychological ability of dealing with the expectations and pressures of being involved with an elite club. It would be far better for the standard of local clubs if a cluster of teams were allocated a development officer from Swansea City who assisted, now and again, with training sessions, provided advice to coaches and helped to raise the levels of coaching/playing across the area as a whole. That way everyone benefits, not just a select few.

I could rant for hours on this subject as it's been a big part of my life for the past 16-17 years but if you want a summation and an example of my experiences then watch the documentary "No Hunger In Paradise". The whole system is f@cked.
Scouting job going on 15:36 - Sep 11 with 3632 viewskarnataka

A lot of clubs and coaches understand that kids just want to play football and have fun doing it and should be encouraged just to fall in love with the game first before they have to do any of the hard work and training. Unfortunately, in my experience from coaching U8-U11, the vast majority of parents do not understand this and all think their kid/s should be getting special treatment and that the team has to WIN WIN WIN every game at all costs. Some of them get very angry if these things don't happen. It is one of the few things I've done that I regret and only did it because the coach of my son's team left and no-one else would do it. If the parents had stayed away, it would have been great fun.
Scouting job going on 15:53 - Sep 11 with 3603 viewsRissoleCoughlin

Scouting job going on 15:36 - Sep 11 by karnataka

A lot of clubs and coaches understand that kids just want to play football and have fun doing it and should be encouraged just to fall in love with the game first before they have to do any of the hard work and training. Unfortunately, in my experience from coaching U8-U11, the vast majority of parents do not understand this and all think their kid/s should be getting special treatment and that the team has to WIN WIN WIN every game at all costs. Some of them get very angry if these things don't happen. It is one of the few things I've done that I regret and only did it because the coach of my son's team left and no-one else would do it. If the parents had stayed away, it would have been great fun.

Indeed. I'm lucky to have great support from my parents and they understand that me and my fellow coaches are only trying to make their children better football players.

I've only ever had one issue with a parent who once told told their 7 year son after he'd made a mistake and conceded a goal to "never take on a player in your own box, just clear it." A quick 5 minute chat after the game made him see the error of his ways and to be fair he's been fine ever since.

When parents give the boys support from the sidelines that's great. But my parents aren't allowed to coach because the vast majority of them, even though they are well meaning, do not have a scooby-do about developing young footballers. If they want their sons to join a team that 'wins' they are at liberty to take them there. My way or the highway.

I know we're going a wee bit off track here too but some of the grassroots coaches I encounter every weekend are a disgrace. Putting it bluntly, grown men should not be allowed to ruin the love a child has for the game just because they passed a DBS check and went on a Leader's Award for half a day.
Scouting job going on 16:05 - Sep 11 with 3584 viewssherpajacob

Scouting job going on 15:20 - Sep 11 by MillJack

Some great points already made on this thread regarding the spotting of "talent" at such a young age. The fact is, it is literally impossible to spot a player at U6 and be able to predict whether they will become a professional footballer 10-12 years later, yet it doesn't stop professional clubs from conducting trials at that age....something the Swans did last week.

Just to put this into context, most of the children in these trials will have only played a handful of organised games as the U6 fixtures didn't start at PlayFootball or Meadow View until Sunday just gone.

It literally has become a race to the bottom with zero thought for the social and psychological development of these kids, they're commodities and that's it, and at an age where they still believe in Santa Claus!

Someone has already pointed out that the club would have been better off getting rid of their development squads below the age of U12 not above it! IMO the better system would be to allow children to play with their friends and local representative sides (i.e. schoolboys) until they're at least U14 and are close to having the psychological ability of dealing with the expectations and pressures of being involved with an elite club. It would be far better for the standard of local clubs if a cluster of teams were allocated a development officer from Swansea City who assisted, now and again, with training sessions, provided advice to coaches and helped to raise the levels of coaching/playing across the area as a whole. That way everyone benefits, not just a select few.

I could rant for hours on this subject as it's been a big part of my life for the past 16-17 years but if you want a summation and an example of my experiences then watch the documentary "No Hunger In Paradise". The whole system is f@cked.

I'd agree with most of that.

It's doesn't cost anything for teams to run ADCs and technical centres so they work on the basis, they don't want to miss anybody and cast a,wide net. Hence my previous point that if a,lad isn't in the system by the time he's 10/11, sorry mum and dad, but he ain't gonna make it.

Kids in the full academy at 9, don't get to play with their mates on a,Saturday.

The ADCs and technical centres are meant to be the bridge to academy but still let kids play grass roots. Yet these stop around age 12-14, leaving these kids with nowhere to go to play a standard that is above basic grass roots.

The crying shame is the number of talented players who quit the game completely post 16.

The number of private academies springing up, selling parents the dream, is astonishing. Some are very good, some are awful.

Scouting job going on 16:31 - Sep 11 with 3549 viewsjasper_T

Scouting job going on 16:05 - Sep 11 by sherpajacob

I'd agree with most of that.

It's doesn't cost anything for teams to run ADCs and technical centres so they work on the basis, they don't want to miss anybody and cast a,wide net. Hence my previous point that if a,lad isn't in the system by the time he's 10/11, sorry mum and dad, but he ain't gonna make it.

Kids in the full academy at 9, don't get to play with their mates on a,Saturday.

The ADCs and technical centres are meant to be the bridge to academy but still let kids play grass roots. Yet these stop around age 12-14, leaving these kids with nowhere to go to play a standard that is above basic grass roots.

The crying shame is the number of talented players who quit the game completely post 16.

The number of private academies springing up, selling parents the dream, is astonishing. Some are very good, some are awful.

We just gave a pro deal to a goalkeeper who only started playing at 15/16.
Scouting job going on 18:57 - Sep 11 with 3432 viewsJackfath

Dave's the man for this.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Scouting job going on 09:36 - Sep 14 with 3113 viewssherpajacob

Vale of glammy grass roots season starts this Saturday morning.

Cardiff city ADC have now arranged a game kicking off the same time, so our U10s ,at very short notice , will be without 3 of our best players who are in the ADC.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024