Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Were would we be without Chris Pearlman 13:07 - Sep 12 with 18348 viewsSwanzay

and his global contacts...

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/trade-centre-wales-drive-swans
Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 13:13 - Sep 12 with 9155 viewsLeonWasGod

I know we can be 'a bit' negative on here at times, but what the actual feck?

"...TRADE CENTRE WALES TO BECOME THE ‘OFFICIAL CAR SUPERMARKET OF SWANSEA CITY FOOTBALL CLUB"

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 13:14 - Sep 12 with 9144 viewsshandyjack

local club helps out local businesses, bring out the pitchforks

Poll: Expectation for the season

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 13:29 - Sep 12 with 9077 viewsWingstandwood

Aye, and please SCFC fanbase do not ignore the input of Mark Davies, (*cough, cough, cough*) 'GLOBAL HEAD' of partnerships and sales.

What an international phenomenon hey?....Apparently the world is getting smaller down-these-parts?.....Cos?.....The world of "partnerships and sales" ends ever so slightly beyond Briton Ferry roundabout!

Aye, these commercial deals should just about cover a miniscule micro-fraction of the combined wages for the parochial "world ends at Bridgend" 'superfluous-parasite-crew' i.e. Jenkins, Dineen, Pearlman, Mr Money-Ball and Mark Davies (* cough, cough, cough*) 'GLOBAL HEAD' of partnerships and sales.

Argus!

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 13:42 - Sep 12 with 9021 viewsWingstandwood

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 13:14 - Sep 12 by shandyjack

local club helps out local businesses, bring out the pitchforks

IMO its more the opposite i.e. more a case of local businesses helping the club. It screams out 'over-paid' consultant Leigh Dineen cutting a deal to replenish the clubs coffers with money that would not even pay his 'consultancy' remuneration.

It's a farce! A club infested with third rate two-bob parasites that would not be allowed anywhere near a FTSE AIM company/brand/business let alone a FTSE 100 one.

The recent commercial deals we've had?... Would not have been seen to be out of the ordinary even when the club was in the old 4th Division.

Argus!

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 14:11 - Sep 12 with 8932 viewsSoberBaker

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 13:42 - Sep 12 by Wingstandwood

IMO its more the opposite i.e. more a case of local businesses helping the club. It screams out 'over-paid' consultant Leigh Dineen cutting a deal to replenish the clubs coffers with money that would not even pay his 'consultancy' remuneration.

It's a farce! A club infested with third rate two-bob parasites that would not be allowed anywhere near a FTSE AIM company/brand/business let alone a FTSE 100 one.

The recent commercial deals we've had?... Would not have been seen to be out of the ordinary even when the club was in the old 4th Division.

Bring back the fat Man U supporting c*nt from Acorn Recruitment I say!

AMOW

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 14:16 - Sep 12 with 8918 viewsomarjack

Our commercial income in the last accounts was 7 m (which is already too low for a PL club at the time)

I can only imagine this income falling to less than 2 m in the new 5th rate sponsorship deals we've managed. Embarrassing.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 14:39 - Sep 12 with 8851 viewsIAN05

What are we expecting here though? The big blue chip companies and not likely to sponsor a stand in the corner of Wales in the Championship.

For how many years have the club not tapped into the local market ? Does it matter if this company is not based the other end of the world?
Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 14:42 - Sep 12 with 8847 viewscostalotta

Given the bad taste in which the way things have happened and planned out over the last few years is it surprising that the commercial team are struggling? Who's likely to want to enter in a commercial agreement with us at the moment? Other than local and small businesses as opposed to some of the bigger and more global organisations. Being relegated doesn’t help for sure but was it all that with CP before. I know for certain how he tried to cut deals with some of the bigger companies.... but it was just laughable!
Login to get fewer ads

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 15:02 - Sep 12 with 8778 views_

Great deal. Well done the Club and more income for us.

Our fans are a disgrace, an absolute disgrace. Who needs enemies

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 15:07 - Sep 12 with 8778 viewsWingstandwood

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 14:39 - Sep 12 by IAN05

What are we expecting here though? The big blue chip companies and not likely to sponsor a stand in the corner of Wales in the Championship.

For how many years have the club not tapped into the local market ? Does it matter if this company is not based the other end of the world?

What does matter? Is?.... The commons sense factor i.e. do these commercial deals justify the continued existence, gravy train ride and extortionate (to clubs future/ wellbeing) salaries of 'third-rate-two-bob' parochial parasites, chancers, jobs-for-the-boys and hangers on?

Commonsense sort of says? A Low Cost Vans (for example) deal is hardly (for example!) gonna cough up a sum of money/commercial deal that'll go anywhere near to match Pearlman's £650,000 yearly salary.

Farce! An absolutely appalling value for money commercial dept! A club paying Premier League wages to an in-house boys club/money trough clique and individuals negotiating with companies of size/impact that would have been seen as absolute 'bog-standard' stuff even when the likes of Nick Cusack was manager.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2018 15:31]

Argus!

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 15:24 - Sep 12 with 8721 viewsawayjack

Should have gone the day we were relegated. Club can’t afford ineffective admin people like this with no football or commercial skills on huge salaries. What would he’d earn elsewhere in the region?
Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 15:36 - Sep 12 with 8666 viewsbuilthjack

Pearlman alone should be bringing in 10 times his salary. That's how it generally works.
Does he even cover his salary?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 15:39 - Sep 12 with 8661 viewsDyfnant

Trevor could not be reached for comment

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 16:10 - Sep 12 with 8571 viewsTheAlpineShrew

Do we still have the sleeve sponsor this season? Or was that just a one season deal?
Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 16:25 - Sep 12 with 8529 viewsLeonWasGod

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 14:39 - Sep 12 by IAN05

For me the company isn't the funny thing. Of course it's great that we have strong ties with local companies, that's obvious. What tickled me was the over-zealous PR and a press release that wouldn't be out of place in The Office.

Some of the statements are hilarious.

"For the first time in Liberty history, the stadium now has title partners across every stand". A slightly grand way of say we've got adverts everywhere!

Swansea City COO, Chris Pearlman, said: “When we took over the Liberty Stadium we wanted to create a more clutter-free environment for our larger partners.
“This was part of an effort to maximise both the quality and quantity of their exposure, while at the same time enabling the club to recognise the greatest potential value for the positions.
= meaningless gibberish.

"The Trade Centre Wales bought into the vision that will see them sit as the East Stand hero". I thought POG was the East Stand Hero.

"Natural fit" Er, we buy in bulk and sell off on the cheap?
Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 16:38 - Sep 12 with 8481 viewsnantywatcher

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 15:02 - Sep 12 by _

Great deal. Well done the Club and more income for us.

Our fans are a disgrace, an absolute disgrace. Who needs enemies

Someone on 10%-15% of CP's reported salary could have pulled that deal off in their sleep. I've got a relative in a similar position in the retail sector in a company with a turnover slightly higher than SCFC - they are on £100k pa and would out perform CP working part time. The commercial side of our club IS a joke.
Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 16:39 - Sep 12 with 8477 viewssainthelens

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 13:13 - Sep 12 by LeonWasGod

"...TRADE CENTRE WALES TO BECOME THE ‘OFFICIAL CAR SUPERMARKET OF SWANSEA CITY FOOTBALL CLUB"

It's a good match. One bunch of crooked cvnts helping out similar.
Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 16:58 - Sep 12 with 8408 viewsjacabertawe

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 13:13 - Sep 12 by LeonWasGod

It's quality see, innit?
A car discount for season ticket holders? If not, what exactly does "Official Car Supermarket" mean? Will they be supplying a fleet of ex rental Fiestas to the players?
The owner is still building his mansion next to Bonny's on Oystermouth Road. Gargantuan it is.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 17:07 - Sep 12 with 8384 viewsBadlands

Man does his job

SACK THE THIEVING BASTARD.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 17:13 - Sep 12 with 8362 viewsjack2jack

Audi manage that deal then!
Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 17:22 - Sep 12 with 8342 viewsAguycalledJack

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 17:07 - Sep 12 by Badlands

Man does his job

The level of wages pearlman is on would suggest that he is not doing his job if the best he can do is some crap betting company, low cost vans and trade centre wales. What next? TITCO.
Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 17:35 - Sep 12 with 8292 viewsWingstandwood

Man does his job

Indeed sack him! And go back to having a vastly better for value commercial head that can and will (just like in the past) attract the same, similar companies, or even better!

It did not take an over staffed triumvirate on approx one million Pounds a year to get the Walkers Monster Munch Vetch Field North Bank sponsorship.

According to Dineen on Swansea Sound SCFC's Premier League commercial dept is being sustained by means of player sales so that it can be kept in place for a hasty Premier League return. The trouble is? Other Championship clubs (unlike SCFC!) are usually run with Championship infrastructure and wages.

Also?... Many now realise an immediate Premier League return is a long way off especially when (the irony!) players (Dineen admitted this) are being sold to sustain the very 'pig n' trough'..... overstaffing..... and 'jobs-for-the-boys' underperformance"!!!!!

Argus!

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 17:37 - Sep 12 with 8282 viewsDr_Winston

Maybe if Pearlman (or someone of that ilk) had been in place when we were winning hearts and minds as an attractive Premier League club instead of that f*ckwit Dineen we'd be a more viable commercial outfit.

As it is CP has been in post for less than two years, and I'd imagine a chunk of that would have been taken up by negotiations over the stadium lease and trying to get the commercial dept at least looking semi-professional.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 17:47 - Sep 12 with 8255 viewsawayjack

Man does his job

Name three measurable achievements to justify his salary. I’ll start a few for any self respecting COO /CEO

- Increase revenues and profit margins. Huge drop in all revenues = fail
- Improve brand reputation/relationship with customers. Model fans club, football ethos and fans trust in tatters = fail
- Deliver operational efficiencies. Sold best players at below value, kept non-playing costs extraordinarily high = fail.
Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 17:50 - Sep 12 with 8247 viewsIAN05

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 15:07 - Sep 12 by Wingstandwood

What does matter? Is?.... The commons sense factor i.e. do these commercial deals justify the continued existence, gravy train ride and extortionate (to clubs future/ wellbeing) salaries of 'third-rate-two-bob' parochial parasites, chancers, jobs-for-the-boys and hangers on?

Commonsense sort of says? A Low Cost Vans (for example) deal is hardly (for example!) gonna cough up a sum of money/commercial deal that'll go anywhere near to match Pearlman's £650,000 yearly salary.

Farce! An absolutely appalling value for money commercial dept! A club paying Premier League wages to an in-house boys club/money trough clique and individuals negotiating with companies of size/impact that would have been seen as absolute 'bog-standard' stuff even when the likes of Nick Cusack was manager.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2018 15:31]

I'm not sure what the value is on these deals but what we do know is we have 4 stands sponsored, a kit sponsor, back of shirt and shorts sponsors. On paper that seems ok considering we got relegated and the club doesn't have a great reputation currently. If rumours of Pearlman's salary are true then I'd agree it's extortionate as he would be earning more than many of FTSE chief Execs.

I'm sure Pearlmans job is COO which would cover far more than sponsorship deals and would involve all club operations. Pretty much everything non-football related.

I'm a big critic of the way club has been run by Americans but locally it seems far more professionally run. This was a point that the Trust director pointed out in forum too
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024