Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Were would we be without Chris Pearlman 13:07 - Sep 12 with 18351 viewsSwanzay

and his global contacts...

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/trade-centre-wales-drive-swans
Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 18:53 - Sep 13 with 1495 viewsbuilthjack

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 17:22 - Sep 13 by Darran

You’re right,any money is better than no money.

The thing is though if we’re being sponsored by Low Cost Vans,Trade Centre Wales,Swansea University etc what’s the point of Pearlman being there earning £15k per week?

£1500 would be too much.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 21:16 - Sep 13 with 1402 viewsNookiejack

If Huw Jenkins negotiated a guaranteed tenure of a number of years post the sale of his shares and Leigh Dineen a similar sort of deal, resulting in his alleged consultancy contract at the moment - if the Trust were never consulted on these deals, which you assume they have never been - then can these alleged contracts be seen as being unfairly prejudicial to the Trust?
Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 21:19 - Sep 13 with 1396 views_

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 18:08 - Sep 13 by nantywatcher

That's the point I'm making Darran. Any half decent sales rep could have wrapped those three deals up within a few days.
I think the Trust have every right to demand to know the salaries of the top earners - there is no way on earth CP or HJ are worth anything like the suggested figures presented on here.

I don't think this deal is the life's work of Pearlman though is it.

It's just something he's got over the line to grab us a few extra quid under the circumstances.

He's been heavily involved in the stadium lease and that's a big achievement which opens up more revenue streams. That's a good thing, yeah?

He's also in charge of the operations in general of the Club and as Ian said earlier and as is pretty bloody clear now. We're a well run club off the field with lots of ideas, initiatives, incentives, offers, merchandise, support for the community and extra commercial activities.

Of course there's that way of looking at it or there's the alternative where any tiny piece of news that comes out of the club is jumped on and criticised whether it's fair or not.

I know what side I'm on. The side of SCFC. How's about that for an agenda.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 21:20 - Sep 13 with 1393 viewsNookiejack

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 21:16 - Sep 13 by Nookiejack

If Huw Jenkins negotiated a guaranteed tenure of a number of years post the sale of his shares and Leigh Dineen a similar sort of deal, resulting in his alleged consultancy contract at the moment - if the Trust were never consulted on these deals, which you assume they have never been - then can these alleged contracts be seen as being unfairly prejudicial to the Trust?

Surely in normal circmstances Huw Jenkins would have been removed - given failures of recruitment in last 3 year.

So did he negotiate a guaranteed tenure of employment post the sale of his shares - which on the face of it would look unfairly prejudicial to the Trust
Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 21:26 - Sep 13 with 1386 viewsBlasterJack

Don't forget he has now introduced hotdog sellers on the concourse just before HT...

At least I assume it's his idea rather than some kid they've got on work experience.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 21:26 - Sep 13 with 1386 viewslonglostjack

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 17:22 - Sep 13 by Darran

You’re right,any money is better than no money.

The thing is though if we’re being sponsored by Low Cost Vans,Trade Centre Wales,Swansea University etc what’s the point of Pearlman being there earning £15k per week?

Exactly.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 21:35 - Sep 13 with 1364 viewsDarran

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 21:19 - Sep 13 by _

I don't think this deal is the life's work of Pearlman though is it.

It's just something he's got over the line to grab us a few extra quid under the circumstances.

He's been heavily involved in the stadium lease and that's a big achievement which opens up more revenue streams. That's a good thing, yeah?

He's also in charge of the operations in general of the Club and as Ian said earlier and as is pretty bloody clear now. We're a well run club off the field with lots of ideas, initiatives, incentives, offers, merchandise, support for the community and extra commercial activities.

Of course there's that way of looking at it or there's the alternative where any tiny piece of news that comes out of the club is jumped on and criticised whether it's fair or not.

I know what side I'm on. The side of SCFC. How's about that for an agenda.

“He's been heavily involved in the stadium lease and that's a big achievement which opens up more revenue streams. That's a good thing, yeah?”

Like remortgaging?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 21:39 - Sep 13 with 1359 viewsNookiejack

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 21:35 - Sep 13 by Darran

“He's been heavily involved in the stadium lease and that's a big achievement which opens up more revenue streams. That's a good thing, yeah?”

Like remortgaging?

If we had stayed in the PL possibly could have been cash positive.

Looks cash negative at the moment as we have given up benefit of peppercorn rent.

Given we have been more likely to go down than stay in PL during the last few seasons - seems an odd decision by Pearlman - maybe trying to ‘flip’ the club before we were relegated - but currently looks like a bad decision.
Login to get fewer ads

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 21:40 - Sep 13 with 1355 views_

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 21:35 - Sep 13 by Darran

Like remortgaging?

What?

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 21:48 - Sep 13 with 1338 viewsDarran

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 21:39 - Sep 13 by Nookiejack

Looks cash negative at the moment as we have given up benefit of peppercorn rent.

Given we have been more likely to go down than stay in PL during the last few seasons - seems an odd decision by Pearlman - maybe trying to ‘flip’ the club before we were relegated - but currently looks like a bad decision.

We shall see.

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 21:49 - Sep 13 with 1335 viewsDarran

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 21:40 - Sep 13 by _

What?

What don’t you understand?

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 21:50 - Sep 13 with 1338 viewsNookiejack

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 21:48 - Sep 13 by Darran

We shall see.

You no more than me.
Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 21:50 - Sep 13 with 1336 viewsNookiejack

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 21:50 - Sep 13 by Nookiejack

You no more than me.

You know more than me.
Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 21:54 - Sep 13 with 1330 views_

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 21:39 - Sep 13 by Nookiejack

How would you know? You're just guessing Stu.

And when you say peppercorn rent......

“""We believe it is important to clarify the fact that the club does not play at the Liberty Stadium ‘for free’ as some people tend to believe.

“The club contributes over £2m every year to the upkeep and development of the stadium through a percentage of ticket sales, concession revenue and in-venue sponsorship around our fixtures.

“On top of this, the club has contributed over £7.5m to the development of the stadium in the last 10 years, which is a considerable investment into a stadium we don’t actually own.""

??
[Post edited 13 Sep 2018 22:07]

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 22:03 - Sep 13 with 1321 views_

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 21:49 - Sep 13 by Darran

What don’t you understand?

Your nonsense about remortgaging? What are you on about? We never borrowed any money in the first place.

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 22:07 - Sep 13 with 1304 viewsDarran

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 22:03 - Sep 13 by _

Your nonsense about remortgaging? What are you on about? We never borrowed any money in the first place.

Yep continue to act dull and pretend you don’t understand.

You don’t see us ever borrowing money against the stadium then?

No need to answer.

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 22:09 - Sep 13 with 1304 viewsDr_Winston

Pearlman securing financial deals with local firms as a Championship club seems fairly standard. Not worth his salary, but we are an unattractive prospect at present.

Dineen failing to secure anything but local firms as sponsorship at a time we were wowing the football world is nothing but an abject failure, yet oddly people seem keen to believe anything he says on the subject. Probably because it makes the club look bad rather than on any logical grounds.

In short, Pearlman is overpaid but doing the best with what he has. Dineen is a c*nt and abject failure.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 22:14 - Sep 13 with 1288 viewsSwanzay

Chris Pearlman has been here since Oct 2016, what has he achieved since then to validate his salary then and now (If different)?

"It will be my job to help tap into that from a commercial perspective, including the utilisation of new revenue streams and markets."

http://www.itv.com/news/wales/2016-10-27/chris-pearlman-becomes-latest-american-
Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 22:16 - Sep 13 with 1288 viewsQJumpingJack

We do have a club shop in the city centre which must be generating additional revenue.
Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 22:18 - Sep 13 with 1276 viewsDarran

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 22:16 - Sep 13 by QJumpingJack

We do have a club shop in the city centre which must be generating additional revenue.

There’s a funny smell in there.

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 22:24 - Sep 13 with 1274 views_

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 22:07 - Sep 13 by Darran

Yep continue to act dull and pretend you don’t understand.

You don’t see us ever borrowing money against the stadium then?

No need to answer.

No, because we never borrowed any money to ever own it and we still don't.

We've acquired a deal to lease the stadium in our own name for 30 years but there's no way the Council would allow us to use the stadium, their bloody stadium, as security for a loan.

Imagine we defaulted on that loan, they'd have to hand over it over to the banks would they?

We've not bought a property on a leasehold basis here.

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 22:27 - Sep 13 with 1263 views_

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 22:14 - Sep 13 by Swanzay

Chris Pearlman has been here since Oct 2016, what has he achieved since then to validate his salary then and now (If different)?

"It will be my job to help tap into that from a commercial perspective, including the utilisation of new revenue streams and markets."

http://www.itv.com/news/wales/2016-10-27/chris-pearlman-becomes-latest-american-

Like the stadium deal will bring you mean??

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 22:27 - Sep 13 with 1263 viewsNookiejack

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 21:54 - Sep 13 by _

How would you know? You're just guessing Stu.

And when you say peppercorn rent......

“""We believe it is important to clarify the fact that the club does not play at the Liberty Stadium ‘for free’ as some people tend to believe.

“The club contributes over £2m every year to the upkeep and development of the stadium through a percentage of ticket sales, concession revenue and in-venue sponsorship around our fixtures.

“On top of this, the club has contributed over £7.5m to the development of the stadium in the last 10 years, which is a considerable investment into a stadium we don’t actually own.""

??
[Post edited 13 Sep 2018 22:07]

I am guessing as I don’t know the full details.

From the attached BBC article there are following references

“The Swans will pay the authority £300,000 a year for 37 years, give it a cut of stadium sponsorship revenue and build 3G pitches in the city.”

“We've moved from a position where the taxpayer in Swansea was getting zero from this asset," said council leader Rob Stewart.”

“The club and the Ospreys rugby region have played at the £27m venue since 2005, paying a nominal rent to the management company running it.”

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-wales-south-west-wales-

I also understood from the thread that we had on here that club is now responsible for stadium maintenance. Which in future could be substantial.

The deal appears to have been predicated on stadium naming rights to be cash positive and you would assume those naming rights would be higher in PL, which we are not.
Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 22:32 - Sep 13 with 1245 viewsDarran

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 22:27 - Sep 13 by Nookiejack

“The Swans will pay the authority £300,000 a year for 37 years, give it a cut of stadium sponsorship revenue and build 3G pitches in the city.”

“We've moved from a position where the taxpayer in Swansea was getting zero from this asset," said council leader Rob Stewart.”

“The club and the Ospreys rugby region have played at the £27m venue since 2005, paying a nominal rent to the management company running it.”

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-wales-south-west-wales-

I also understood from the thread that we had on here that club is now responsible for stadium maintenance. Which in future could be substantial.

The deal appears to have been predicated on stadium naming rights to be cash positive and you would assume those naming rights would be higher in PL, which we are not.

Who’s going to own the extension bit when they build it? Guffaw.

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 22:32 - Sep 13 with 1245 views_

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 22:27 - Sep 13 by Nookiejack

I think you need to refer to the cold, hard figures of what it's actually cost us. See those a few posts above.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024