Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Were would we be without Chris Pearlman 13:07 - Sep 12 with 18249 viewsSwanzay

and his global contacts...

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/trade-centre-wales-drive-swans
Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 22:37 - Sep 13 with 1503 views_

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 22:32 - Sep 13 by Darran

Who’s going to own the extension bit when they build it? Guffaw.

Fair play, you're as dull as dishwater. Remortgage??!

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 22:40 - Sep 13 with 1500 viewsNeathJack

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 22:32 - Sep 13 by _

I think you need to refer to the cold, hard figures of what it's actually cost us. See those a few posts above.

So we now have to pay £300k a year and are solely responsible for the cost of the upkeep and maintenance of the stadium. The cost of which is only going to increase as time goes in and the stadium gets older.

And still it has no sponsor.
Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 22:44 - Sep 13 with 1489 views_

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 22:40 - Sep 13 by NeathJack

So we now have to pay £300k a year and are solely responsible for the cost of the upkeep and maintenance of the stadium. The cost of which is only going to increase as time goes in and the stadium gets older.

And still it has no sponsor.

""We believe it is important to clarify the fact that the club does not play at the Liberty Stadium ‘for free’ as some people tend to believe.

“The club contributes over £2m every year to the upkeep and development of the stadium through a percentage of ticket sales, concession revenue and in-venue sponsorship around our fixtures.

“On top of this, the club has contributed over £7.5m to the development of the stadium in the last 10 years, which is a considerable investment into a stadium we don’t actually own.""

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 22:50 - Sep 13 with 1484 viewsNeathJack

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 22:44 - Sep 13 by _

""We believe it is important to clarify the fact that the club does not play at the Liberty Stadium ‘for free’ as some people tend to believe.

“The club contributes over £2m every year to the upkeep and development of the stadium through a percentage of ticket sales, concession revenue and in-venue sponsorship around our fixtures.

“On top of this, the club has contributed over £7.5m to the development of the stadium in the last 10 years, which is a considerable investment into a stadium we don’t actually own.""

Yes, I read that already.

And now we pay £300k more and are solely resonponsible for the the upkeep of the stadium etc. We were not solely responsible for it before, even it the club were comfortably the largest contributors.

And still the PA system doesn't work.
Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 22:51 - Sep 13 with 1479 viewsDarran

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 22:44 - Sep 13 by _

Do we own it now then?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 22:53 - Sep 13 with 1476 viewsNeathJack

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 22:37 - Sep 13 by _

Fair play, you're as dull as dishwater. Remortgage??!

https://www-claretandhugh-info.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.claretandhugh.info/wes
Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 22:53 - Sep 13 with 1470 viewsDarran

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 22:50 - Sep 13 by NeathJack

And now we pay £300k more and are solely resonponsible for the the upkeep of the stadium etc. We were not solely responsible for it before, even it the club were comfortably the largest contributors.

Innit? We now pay £3.6millon a year and have sole control of the upkeep.

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 22:54 - Sep 13 with 1464 viewsDarran

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 22:53 - Sep 13 by NeathJack

https://www-claretandhugh-info.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.claretandhugh.info/wes

Dishwater too.

Login to get fewer ads

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 22:57 - Sep 13 with 1455 viewsDarran

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 23:00 - Sep 13 with 1444 views_

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 22:50 - Sep 13 by NeathJack

Why would you assume it's more? I would very much doubt that in the new agreement.

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 23:02 - Sep 13 with 1442 views_

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 22:51 - Sep 13 by Darran

Do we own it now then?

No

I know you're a bit thick but practice your chosen subject of bollocks someone else FFS

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 23:02 - Sep 13 with 1440 viewsNookiejack

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 22:32 - Sep 13 by _

I think you need to refer to the cold, hard figures of what it's actually cost us. See those a few posts above.

The question is what would we have contributed going forward on the old basis compared to the new basis - given we are now in the Championship.

From your post we appeared to be contributing £2m per year (based on PL revenues) and £750k per year for stadium upkeep.

I assume we paid that to Stadium Management Company.

Yet Council is claiming the taxpayer doesn’t receive anything - so there must be costs associated with the running of the stadium which match the £2m and 750k

In addition the Ospreys were also contributing to the stadium management company as well - with associated share of their costs of running the stadium - which club will now have to pick up 100%?

Yet I assume we wouldn’t be paying £2m to Council, now, in the Championship.

Note also from BBC article

“Ospreys chairman Roger Blyth called the news positive.

He said: "It gives us full control over our own destiny, releasing us from any future stadium liabilities.’

Hence appears Ospreys have no liabilities for stadium going forward and club therefore has 100% of the liabilities. These are likely to be substantial over time.

BBC article concludes

‘Analysis by Rob Phillips, BBC Wales' football correspondent

The stadium lease makes sense for Swansea City - providing they conquer the more immediate challenge of staying in the Premier League.

The whole progress of the club is built on the foundation of remaining in the richest top flight league in world football.

Forget increasing stadium capacity if Swansea are relegated.

And despite parachute payments for relegated clubs, the sides in the Championship earn nowhere near the sums enjoyed by those at the foot of the Premier League.

Last season Swansea earned more than £103m for finishing 15th.

The stadium can be a big benefit commercially - providing it is the stage for Premier League football.“
Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 23:33 - Sep 13 with 1393 views_

WTF is Claret and Hugh when it's at home?

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 23:35 - Sep 13 with 1390 views_

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 22:53 - Sep 13 by Darran

Innit? We now pay £3.6millon a year and have sole control of the upkeep.

£3.6m a year???

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 23:42 - Sep 13 with 1382 viewsNookiejack

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 23:35 - Sep 13 by _

£3.6m a year???

I can understand where £3.6m comes from if you take a look at last Sadium zmagsmrnt Accounts page 6

https://document-api-images-prod.s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/docs/a1_aXyniK2524h5
Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 23:44 - Sep 13 with 1377 views_

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 22:54 - Sep 13 by Darran

Dishwater too.

We can't borrow money against the stadium as we don't own it. It may be possible to borrow money against the rights we'd get from the lease but not the stadium itself.

But those rights wouldn't add up to serious figures so that's a non entity.

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 23:46 - Sep 13 with 1379 viewsNookiejack

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 23:42 - Sep 13 by Nookiejack

I can understand where £3.6m comes from if you take a look at last Sadium zmagsmrnt Accounts page 6

https://document-api-images-prod.s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/docs/a1_aXyniK2524h5

Sorry SWANSEA STADIUM MANAGEMENT COMPANY LIMITED
Company number 05176687

Take a look at their last filed accounts page 6.

Also if you take a look at last confirmation statement - club now owns 100% of the Stadium Management Company.
Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 23:56 - Sep 13 with 1367 views_

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 23:42 - Sep 13 by Nookiejack

The link doesn't work and do you think Teabag looked at the accounts?

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 00:01 - Sep 14 with 1366 viewsNookiejack

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 23:46 - Sep 13 by Nookiejack

Company number 05176687

Also if you take a look at last confirmation statement - club now owns 100% of the Stadium Management Company.

To the costs on page 6 you would also add the circa £300k that club will now have to pay to Council.

Costs might be lower if our attendances fall.

It really doesn’t look like a good deal at all if we dont get promoted back to the PL - unless Peralmam pulls a rabbit out of the hat in respect of substantial stadium rights naming deal.
Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 00:04 - Sep 14 with 1360 viewsNookiejack

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 23:56 - Sep 13 by _

The link doesn't work and do you think Teabag looked at the accounts?

Try this link from Companies House

Take a look at their last accounts filing page 6

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/05176687/filing-history?page=1
Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 00:11 - Sep 14 with 1352 views_

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 23:46 - Sep 13 by Nookiejack

Company number 05176687

I would say, and also take some comfort, that the end game for this project is the naming rights, and as we know, they'll only be maximised if we get back to the EPL.

Let's hope that's what they're planning on doing.

But, I would seriously doubt we can't make a few quid from whatever lease rights we've negotiated in the meantime.

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 00:42 - Sep 14 with 1337 viewsNookiejack

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 00:11 - Sep 14 by _

I would say, and also take some comfort, that the end game for this project is the naming rights, and as we know, they'll only be maximised if we get back to the EPL.

Let's hope that's what they're planning on doing.

But, I would seriously doubt we can't make a few quid from whatever lease rights we've negotiated in the meantime.

I suppose there are scenarios where if Pearlman has a stadium naming rights deal lined up - it might be better to put it on hold until deal is done with Trust.

A naming rights deal where say the value would increase, if we got back into EPL, would provide a stable income stream for a number of years and therefore increase the value of the club’s shares.

A buyer would put a premium on stable income stream such as stadium naming rights.

So tactically do a deal with the Trust for a proportion of their shares - then sign stadium naming deal. If stadium deal is done now, it would increase the value of Trust’s shares in settlement scenario.

(I am probably over thinking things)

On the other the stadium naming rights are likely to be low value in Championship and maintenance of the stadium, where club now has 100% of the liabilities could be a significant drain in the future.

Pearlman probably took the gamble that we would stay up.
Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 01:30 - Sep 14 with 1320 viewsDJack

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 22:09 - Sep 13 by Dr_Winston

Pearlman securing financial deals with local firms as a Championship club seems fairly standard. Not worth his salary, but we are an unattractive prospect at present.

Dineen failing to secure anything but local firms as sponsorship at a time we were wowing the football world is nothing but an abject failure, yet oddly people seem keen to believe anything he says on the subject. Probably because it makes the club look bad rather than on any logical grounds.

In short, Pearlman is overpaid but doing the best with what he has. Dineen is a c*nt and abject failure.

Yet BOTH are stealing a living from us whilst lower paid staff are being laid off...you know, those that actually earn their wage!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 08:20 - Sep 14 with 1230 views_

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 00:42 - Sep 14 by Nookiejack

I suppose there are scenarios where if Pearlman has a stadium naming rights deal lined up - it might be better to put it on hold until deal is done with Trust.

A naming rights deal where say the value would increase, if we got back into EPL, would provide a stable income stream for a number of years and therefore increase the value of the club’s shares.

A buyer would put a premium on stable income stream such as stadium naming rights.

So tactically do a deal with the Trust for a proportion of their shares - then sign stadium naming deal. If stadium deal is done now, it would increase the value of Trust’s shares in settlement scenario.

(I am probably over thinking things)

On the other the stadium naming rights are likely to be low value in Championship and maintenance of the stadium, where club now has 100% of the liabilities could be a significant drain in the future.

Pearlman probably took the gamble that we would stay up.

Pearlman wouldn't have had the final say and not like you to over think things Stu!? 😉

Were would we be without Chris Pearlman on 08:54 - Sep 14 with 1205 views_

WTF were you on about last night?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024