Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier 16:03 - Sep 13 with 5122 views_

Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 08:21 - Sep 14 with 1275 viewsmagicdaps10

I hate all this, a team deserves to be in this division or that division.

Years ago, Bolton and Blackpool were the bug boys, do they deserve to be in the premier league based on that?
History is in the past, the future is there for the taking.

We are in the league we deserve to be in. We punch in whatever division we are in and whatever division we are in, that is the division we deserve to be in.

I hate people categorising football teams.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 08:51 - Sep 14 with 1245 views_

Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 08:21 - Sep 14 by magicdaps10

I hate all this, a team deserves to be in this division or that division.

Years ago, Bolton and Blackpool were the bug boys, do they deserve to be in the premier league based on that?
History is in the past, the future is there for the taking.

We are in the league we deserve to be in. We punch in whatever division we are in and whatever division we are in, that is the division we deserve to be in.

I hate people categorising football teams.

I think we have another Martin Luther King. This is mind boggling, really profound stuff.

"""We are in the league we deserve to be in. We punch in whatever division we are in and whatever division we are in, that is the division we deserve to be in. """

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 09:41 - Sep 14 with 1215 viewsbyron

Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 08:51 - Sep 14 by _

I think we have another Martin Luther King. This is mind boggling, really profound stuff.

"""We are in the league we deserve to be in. We punch in whatever division we are in and whatever division we are in, that is the division we deserve to be in. """

At the end of the day it’s just 11 v 11 init like...😂

Benny

Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 09:48 - Sep 14 with 1212 viewsLeonWasGod

Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 08:51 - Sep 14 by _

If it's bleedin obvious, why are you asking the question?

We're not punching above our weight this year. We've a sprinkling of players with PL experience and a significant financial advantage over most other teams. We should be doing well and given the resources and facilities are easily worthy of this division. But no doubt some will see it as a success if we don't go down, graveyard of ambition and all that.
Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 10:15 - Sep 14 with 1191 viewsCatullus

I think the Championship is our level. Based on size of crowds, size of population, history. You take it all into account, including size of ground and potential. We have the potential to get to the EPL (obviously) but we are then in the rat race of teams scrambling to avoid relegation.
Truth be told there are only 6/7/8 teams who will ever compete to win the EPL, if you base your clubs rightful position on competition, in the Championship we can compete. There are plenty of bigger clubs below us hwo are struggling to get back to where they think they belong, mostly because of very bad management at board level. Leeds, Villa, Derby, Sheff Weds and maybe Bolton are bigger clubs than us with most others on a par apart from Brentford and Rotherham. In the EPL I would say only Bournemouth are definitely smaller than us with the rest a similar size, bigger and in some cases much bigger. There are clubs in the bottom two divisions who'd say they're as big as us and rightly so.
If only football were as easy as that eh? A few seasons of good management or bad management and it all beomes rather a moot point.
Take Leeds, a bigger club, bigger stadium, bigger crowds, bigger city and doing well until they were ruined by reckless management, for several years we were where they thought they deserved to be. No one deserves very much more than what they've got though, it all balances out, unless you have a massive stadium and/or billionaire owners willing to spend big.
We are where we deserve to be right now and my ambition is to remain here and rebuild with the hopes of a promotion push or cup run here and there. A bigger hope is to be entertained, to enjoy going and, maybe next season, be able to get a season ticket for my son and we can both go together.
Honestly, I don't see how we can grow as a club and hope to say we deserve an EPL spot unless or until we increase capacity and get more fans tied in, I think that is the biggest mistake we made in the last 7 seasons. If you wait until the time is right you will wait forever.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 14:14 - Sep 14 with 1141 viewsBadlands

Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 10:15 - Sep 14 by Catullus

I think the Championship is our level. Based on size of crowds, size of population, history. You take it all into account, including size of ground and potential. We have the potential to get to the EPL (obviously) but we are then in the rat race of teams scrambling to avoid relegation.
Truth be told there are only 6/7/8 teams who will ever compete to win the EPL, if you base your clubs rightful position on competition, in the Championship we can compete. There are plenty of bigger clubs below us hwo are struggling to get back to where they think they belong, mostly because of very bad management at board level. Leeds, Villa, Derby, Sheff Weds and maybe Bolton are bigger clubs than us with most others on a par apart from Brentford and Rotherham. In the EPL I would say only Bournemouth are definitely smaller than us with the rest a similar size, bigger and in some cases much bigger. There are clubs in the bottom two divisions who'd say they're as big as us and rightly so.
If only football were as easy as that eh? A few seasons of good management or bad management and it all beomes rather a moot point.
Take Leeds, a bigger club, bigger stadium, bigger crowds, bigger city and doing well until they were ruined by reckless management, for several years we were where they thought they deserved to be. No one deserves very much more than what they've got though, it all balances out, unless you have a massive stadium and/or billionaire owners willing to spend big.
We are where we deserve to be right now and my ambition is to remain here and rebuild with the hopes of a promotion push or cup run here and there. A bigger hope is to be entertained, to enjoy going and, maybe next season, be able to get a season ticket for my son and we can both go together.
Honestly, I don't see how we can grow as a club and hope to say we deserve an EPL spot unless or until we increase capacity and get more fans tied in, I think that is the biggest mistake we made in the last 7 seasons. If you wait until the time is right you will wait forever.

Good post.
I'd add to that perception about our geographical location.

On another track - we really do need to keep faith with the academy and unders.
Leicester and Southampton did that and , although they dropped into the 3rd tier they have come back stronger.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 14:47 - Sep 14 with 1135 viewsexiledclaseboy

I started properly in 1983 and from then until we got to the championship under Martinez it was mostly (possibly entirely, I can’t be bothered to check) the lower two divisions. So the championship still seems like the big leagues to me. I’ve enjoyed this season very much so far. It’s nice going into each game with all three results entirely possible.

Poll: Tory leader

Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 15:24 - Sep 14 with 1099 views_

Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 14:47 - Sep 14 by exiledclaseboy

I started properly in 1983 and from then until we got to the championship under Martinez it was mostly (possibly entirely, I can’t be bothered to check) the lower two divisions. So the championship still seems like the big leagues to me. I’ve enjoyed this season very much so far. It’s nice going into each game with all three results entirely possible.

You don't need to check.

Winning promotion and celebrating at Brighton at the time felt like promotion to our summit.

What a trip that was.

Login to get fewer ads

Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 15:33 - Sep 14 with 1093 viewslifelong

Just checking the records again, and the 40 seasons between 1925 and 1965 we spent 32 seasons in the second tier, 2 in the third tier and missed the 6 war seasons.
Quite a remarkable record for a club our size.
Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 15:46 - Sep 14 with 1085 viewswaynekerr55

Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 20:02 - Sep 13 by bonymine

Asset stripped to the bare bones in order to go some way to making up for the total incompetence of our multi millionaire & self proclaimed DoF over the past 3 years we have been well and truely shafted .....enough said.

Look out, Badlands has learnt to downarrow

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 16:00 - Sep 14 with 1074 views_

Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 15:33 - Sep 14 by lifelong

Just checking the records again, and the 40 seasons between 1925 and 1965 we spent 32 seasons in the second tier, 2 in the third tier and missed the 6 war seasons.
Quite a remarkable record for a club our size.

Makes for good reading but I wish it was the other way around and we were more established in modern football.

Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 17:14 - Sep 14 with 1036 viewsswan65split

Its not mind blowing, whats ind blowing is how we are putting up with having conknose still collecting a kIngs ransom, for selling to the w££ks. and having a hand in ruining a much talked about OUR Club and its footballing style around the World.
Punching above its weight? Seasons how many games old?
Stop the propaganda and come back at the end of the season with another daft poll.
Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 18:23 - Sep 14 with 1002 views_

Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 17:14 - Sep 14 by swan65split

Its not mind blowing, whats ind blowing is how we are putting up with having conknose still collecting a kIngs ransom, for selling to the w££ks. and having a hand in ruining a much talked about OUR Club and its footballing style around the World.
Punching above its weight? Seasons how many games old?
Stop the propaganda and come back at the end of the season with another daft poll.

WTF WAS THAT??

And there was me laughing at Flaps and now this clown has knocked his gibberish out of the park.

Impressive stuff.

Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 18:27 - Sep 14 with 997 viewsswan65split

Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 18:23 - Sep 14 by _

WTF WAS THAT??

And there was me laughing at Flaps and now this clown has knocked his gibberish out of the park.

Impressive stuff.

You are the gibberish dreamer.
chris
Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 18:56 - Sep 14 with 973 viewsperplex

Does any of this even matter, once the yanks have finished with us we`ll be third tier and in a hell of a mess.
Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 19:27 - Sep 14 with 959 views_

Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 18:56 - Sep 14 by perplex

Does any of this even matter, once the yanks have finished with us we`ll be third tier and in a hell of a mess.

I fancy promotion this season

25/1 to win it.
15/2 to go up.

Lump on

Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 19:35 - Sep 14 with 946 viewsLeonWasGod

Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 10:15 - Sep 14 by Catullus

Typical Championship remoaner nonsense. You should get behind your club. ;-)

Given the way funding has gone, it’s a case of the king is dead (‘big’ teams of old) and long live the king (teams who recently capitalised on tv money). We’ve a current advantage over loads of ‘bigger’ teams. If we make the most of it we’ll be able to sustain that advantage, if we don’t we’ll easily drop down. Once that tv money (parachute payments) has gone we’ll be fighting based on size and willingness of owners to add into the pot, which means we’ll be fecked.
Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 19:43 - Sep 14 with 936 viewslonglostjack

Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 19:27 - Sep 14 by _

25/1 to win it.
15/2 to go up.

Lump on

Hope you’re right at last !

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 19:48 - Sep 14 with 934 viewsperplex

Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 19:27 - Sep 14 by _

25/1 to win it.
15/2 to go up.

Lump on

And make sure you use all your savings, just think of the profit you wont I mean will make.
Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 20:09 - Sep 14 with 911 viewsLeonWasGod

25/1 to win it.
15/2 to go up.

Lump on

I fancy Rachel Riley, but that ain’t gonna happen either 😂

(Good odds those, well worth a punt as I think we’ll do better than a lot expect us to too).
Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 21:33 - Sep 14 with 875 viewsElmo

"Punching clever" at our fighting weight right now

Some of our most enjoyable football was 10 yrs ago in the championship - triangles aplenty, midfield dominance, flair and a unique winning edge
Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 00:01 - Sep 15 with 829 viewsswan65split

Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 21:33 - Sep 14 by Elmo

"Punching clever" at our fighting weight right now

Some of our most enjoyable football was 10 yrs ago in the championship - triangles aplenty, midfield dominance, flair and a unique winning edge

yup, the baby thinks he knows it all..........never mind as long as he learnsby his mistakes .
Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 08:09 - Sep 15 with 765 viewsBrynmill_Jack

25/1 to win it.
15/2 to go up.

Lump on

I sincerely hope that you're right. If all the players stay fit I would 100% agree but as we know this is a very tough league with a punishing schedule.

Lose Fer for any amount of time then it's mid table at best.

Keep everyone fit and include a fit bony and it could be top 2 , definitely top 6.

We have the ability, but do we have the depth? That's the $225,000,000 question.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 08:25 - Sep 15 with 753 viewsMrSwerve

Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 08:09 - Sep 15 by Brynmill_Jack

I sincerely hope that you're right. If all the players stay fit I would 100% agree but as we know this is a very tough league with a punishing schedule.

Lose Fer for any amount of time then it's mid table at best.

Keep everyone fit and include a fit bony and it could be top 2 , definitely top 6.

We have the ability, but do we have the depth? That's the $225,000,000 question.

I can't see us in the top two tbh but playoffs are potentially within reach.

I guess it's too early to tell yet. Around Xmas we'll have a good idea.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 08:27 - Sep 15 with 751 viewsmagicdaps10

Oh well I apologise that I copied that same comment twice on my phone and the same term went in twice but you already knew that I feel.

You put up the op and I have my opinion and then you mock it

Then

You wonder why you are such a pricck.

Grow up Christopher.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024