Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier 16:03 - Sep 13 with 5126 views_

Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 08:33 - Sep 15 with 465 viewsmagicdaps10

Also,

The op was an obvious attempt to try and get us to lower our expectations and in a way to accept future failures.

The majority wont accept future failure, we have been failed enough in recent years by the clowns in charge, the ones who originally done great things but let greed take control.

Now crack on with your regular BS, you wont gain any credibility by doing so.....most can see you for what you are.

I

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 08:57 - Sep 15 with 452 viewsCatullus

Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 19:35 - Sep 14 by LeonWasGod

Typical Championship remoaner nonsense. You should get behind your club. ;-)

Given the way funding has gone, it’s a case of the king is dead (‘big’ teams of old) and long live the king (teams who recently capitalised on tv money). We’ve a current advantage over loads of ‘bigger’ teams. If we make the most of it we’ll be able to sustain that advantage, if we don’t we’ll easily drop down. Once that tv money (parachute payments) has gone we’ll be fighting based on size and willingness of owners to add into the pot, which means we’ll be fecked.

I know, if only football was as easy as politics eh.

I lost my voice down the Vetch more times than I could possibly remember, lost it a few times at the Liberty but the passion isn't there for football anymore, I have other more important concerns, perhaps it's time to vacate my seat......or not!!

Punching above our weight, for maybe 3/4 seasons in the EPL yes, in the Championship, no, this is at least where we should be......with a cup run here and there and the odd promotion.

Of the old Kings regime, Arsenal and Liverpool have lost the most haven't they? Man Citeh and Chelsea usurped them though the Kop is coming back, cyclical as they say though Spurs are on a much wider orbit, akin to Halley's comet.
As long as the most tv money goes to the top 6 they will only get stronger and weaken the competition who, like us, will overstretch to try and keep up but end up in money worries. In the Championship it's fairer, even with the parachute payments, look at us, all that money but still broke.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 09:04 - Sep 15 with 449 views_

Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 08:33 - Sep 15 by magicdaps10

Also,

The op was an obvious attempt to try and get us to lower our expectations and in a way to accept future failures.

The majority wont accept future failure, we have been failed enough in recent years by the clowns in charge, the ones who originally done great things but let greed take control.

Now crack on with your regular BS, you wont gain any credibility by doing so.....most can see you for what you are.

I

I know you're a bit twp, your posts endorse that fact every time you take to your keyboard but I really think you should read the posts.

Lowering expectations by the way isn't a bad thing as this would give Potter and his young team room to manoeuvre and the freedom to make and learn from mistakes, as we've seen already this season.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 09:15 - Sep 15 with 436 viewsCatullus

Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 09:04 - Sep 15 by _

I know you're a bit twp, your posts endorse that fact every time you take to your keyboard but I really think you should read the posts.

Lowering expectations by the way isn't a bad thing as this would give Potter and his young team room to manoeuvre and the freedom to make and learn from mistakes, as we've seen already this season.

I think expectations have already been lowered too far!! Accepting the facts as presented and not doing anymore speculation leaves only one thing, we have cut our cloth, we are financially nearly sound (more or less) but not in a position to spend 10 million on players or big wages, not until all the big earners are gone and wages are stabilised.
We are where we are, a bit lighweight but with very good, enthusiastic youngsters who don't give up. HJ aside, the time is here to either go into all out protest mode or shut up and get on with it. Maybe wait until January and then see where we are?
So I'm going with shut up and get on with it, until January!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 10:59 - Sep 15 with 401 views_

Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 09:15 - Sep 15 by Catullus

I think expectations have already been lowered too far!! Accepting the facts as presented and not doing anymore speculation leaves only one thing, we have cut our cloth, we are financially nearly sound (more or less) but not in a position to spend 10 million on players or big wages, not until all the big earners are gone and wages are stabilised.
We are where we are, a bit lighweight but with very good, enthusiastic youngsters who don't give up. HJ aside, the time is here to either go into all out protest mode or shut up and get on with it. Maybe wait until January and then see where we are?
So I'm going with shut up and get on with it, until January!!

All that's happened is we literally busted every gut to stay competitive in the hardest league in the world.

Now we need our supporters to back the club and the boys on the pitch. Anything else is just pathetic.

Relegation happens to all but a few.

Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 13:35 - Sep 15 with 369 viewsmagicdaps10

Is Swansea City FC still punching above its weight in the 2nd Tier on 09:04 - Sep 15 by _

Jeez, well I wonder what the general view is on your mental attributes.

Well, my expectations in life are high so excuse me for not lowering them.
If you want to go through life with low expectations then work away......if it is working for you then who am I too judge.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024