Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sepsis. A tragic loss. 20:35 - Sep 13 with 2580 viewsdickythorpe

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-wales-45498914
Sepsis. A tragic loss. on 20:41 - Sep 13 with 2565 viewsHighjack

A mate died of this about two years ago. Similar story. He was driving home from work and was found flat on his back in agony on the side of the road, he’d managed to get out of the car. The guy who found him took him to A+E, but the wait was massive and he was stubborn and went home. Next morning he was dead.

All happened in about 12 hours.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Sepsis. A tragic loss. on 20:42 - Sep 13 with 2562 viewsbonymine

I read that this morning an awful experience and Sepsis so quick to destroy the human body too absolutely horrendous .....RIP Rachel.

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Sepsis. A tragic loss. on 20:58 - Sep 13 with 2539 viewsdickythorpe

I was deeply moved by this story plus amazed at the stat that it kills more people in Britain than breast, bowel and prostate cancer!!
This young lady who died has an amazing mother who is raising awareness.

RIP
Sepsis. A tragic loss. on 21:14 - Sep 13 with 2509 viewsDarran

Dreadful. Truly heartbreaking.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Sepsis. A tragic loss. on 21:30 - Sep 13 with 2501 viewsBrynCartwright

I read it as well this morning and it is a truly harrowing and frightening account of this killer infection. RIP indeed Rachel.

Last time I was in Morriston was about 6 months ago and there were plenty of Sepsis awareness posters on the walls.Hopefully Rachel's Mum's campaign for the Sepsis 6 Pathway fast-tracking system can be introduced in a timely fashion.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Sepsis. A tragic loss. on 21:42 - Sep 13 with 2495 viewsswan65split

My Mrs had severe pneumonia, and sepsis earlier this year, all happened within 24 hours, really frightening period that she si still recovering from by the looks of it...so sudden.
Sepsis. A tragic loss. on 21:54 - Sep 13 with 2488 viewsstevethejack

I had sepsis two years ago. Rigors (shaking), blue lips, white fingers, talking shit (more than usual) and very hot.

Any symptoms similar to that, get it checked out.

If I hadn't gone to A & E so quickly (Thank you Mrs for nagging me), it would have been really bad. 3 days in hospital and completely recovered. Fighting fit now.
Sepsis. A tragic loss. on 08:58 - Sep 15 with 2290 viewsLord_Bony

Sepsis. A tragic loss. on 20:41 - Sep 13 by Highjack

A mate died of this about two years ago. Similar story. He was driving home from work and was found flat on his back in agony on the side of the road, he’d managed to get out of the car. The guy who found him took him to A+E, but the wait was massive and he was stubborn and went home. Next morning he was dead.

All happened in about 12 hours.

Terrible condition that's avoided if caught early.

As you know I wrote on here last November I almost bit the bullet with this one. My colon tumour perforated blowing open a hole in my intestine. My idiot doctor still tried treating me for irritable bowel syndrome when I was in agony in her office. Had I taken her advice and taken the tablets and tried to sleep it off I would have been dead....no doubt about it.

Instead I made a second phone call to a helpline who told me the score and get to A and E as soon as possible.
Luckily,my son drove me to the big one in Cardiff. It felt like many knives in my stomach at the time, I was outside the doors writhing in agony for what seemed an eternity,waiting to be seen.

Anyway,skillful eight hour surgery and a hospital stay of 12 days with tons of intra veinous anti biotics did the trick...and saved my life.

Beware of the signs people, it could happen to anyone with the slightest of accidents.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Login to get fewer ads

Sepsis. A tragic loss. on 09:22 - Sep 15 with 2264 viewsProfessor

Extremely nasty and my best wishes to all affected.

It is going to become a greater problem with increasing antimicrobial resistance. Simple infections may become untreatable leading to sepsis and slower septicaemia .
Sepsis. A tragic loss. on 10:01 - Sep 15 with 2242 viewsLoyal

Sepsis. A tragic loss. on 08:58 - Sep 15 by Lord_Bony

As you know I wrote on here last November I almost bit the bullet with this one. My colon tumour perforated blowing open a hole in my intestine. My idiot doctor still tried treating me for irritable bowel syndrome when I was in agony in her office. Had I taken her advice and taken the tablets and tried to sleep it off I would have been dead....no doubt about it.

Instead I made a second phone call to a helpline who told me the score and get to A and E as soon as possible.
Luckily,my son drove me to the big one in Cardiff. It felt like many knives in my stomach at the time, I was outside the doors writhing in agony for what seemed an eternity,waiting to be seen.

Anyway,skillful eight hour surgery and a hospital stay of 12 days with tons of intra veinous anti biotics did the trick...and saved my life.

Beware of the signs people, it could happen to anyone with the slightest of accidents.

I take it the civil case is ongoing v your Dr?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Sepsis. A tragic loss. on 10:16 - Sep 15 with 2217 viewsthe_oracle

Sepsis. A tragic loss. on 08:58 - Sep 15 by Lord_Bony

Did you call NHS Direct or 111? They now ask every caller with any symptoms a series sepsis questions.
Sepsis. A tragic loss. on 10:21 - Sep 15 with 2210 viewsLord_Bony

Sepsis. A tragic loss. on 10:16 - Sep 15 by the_oracle

Did you call NHS Direct or 111? They now ask every caller with any symptoms a series sepsis questions.

No.

In my case I called the MacMillan helpline. Luckily, they seem to have quite a few patients this has happened to so they knew the signs.

But my doctor also had the same medical history notes on her screen and should have been alerted to this.

I just wonder how many of those 25,000 uk deaths p a could have been avoided by quick thinking GPs.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Sepsis. A tragic loss. on 20:57 - Sep 15 with 2073 viewsProfessor

Sepsis. A tragic loss. on 10:21 - Sep 15 by Lord_Bony

No.

In my case I called the MacMillan helpline. Luckily, they seem to have quite a few patients this has happened to so they knew the signs.

But my doctor also had the same medical history notes on her screen and should have been alerted to this.

I just wonder how many of those 25,000 uk deaths p a could have been avoided by quick thinking GPs.

Rapid diagnosis is a big problem. We, as in my Department, have projects on both diagnostics and enhanced treatments. A long way to go and I don’t know much of the detail, but is an area increasingly recognised as needing urgent support
Sepsis. A tragic loss. on 15:13 - Sep 16 with 1974 viewsmarkyd83

I'm currently recovering from Sepsis and Necrotzing Fasciitis. In April went in for a standard Vasectomy , within a few days swelling was abnormal and felt very unwell , flu like with sweats. Couldn't see or walk or walk when i woke up to go to the toilet. Taken into hospital and then taken into emergency surgery , they had to call in a top surgeon to Morriston hospital , he was the guy who saved Hartsons life. Next thing i know im waking up in intensive care all wired up , family around me unable to move. Turns out i had been in a coma for 10 days , sepsis had run through my body shutting every organ down , they also had to remove my scrotum and surrounding skin as it had all died to the NF. Had to learn to walk again , feed myself again. Even while in ITU they didn't think i would make it due to kidney failure and lung failure. They called my parents down from Scotland to prepare for the worse then i eventually woke up. Surgeon said he doesnt know how I'm alive but i am bit of a miracle. Spent the next few months recovering at home with , walking on a stick atm but I'm back in work part time and managing to get down the Swans 😂. Horrible scars but at least I'm alive and can see my daughter grow up. It's crazy how quickly it comes on and the effects are devastating. Luckily for me they found the bacteria and could match the right intravenous antibiotics. Thats me and the wife both have it and we are both luckily alive , hear so many horrendous stories of those who dont make it.
Sepsis. A tragic loss. on 15:18 - Sep 16 with 1969 viewssquarebear

‘kin hell.
Sepsis. A tragic loss. on 15:38 - Sep 16 with 1948 viewsswan65split

Sepsis. A tragic loss. on 15:13 - Sep 16 by markyd83

I'm currently recovering from Sepsis and Necrotzing Fasciitis. In April went in for a standard Vasectomy , within a few days swelling was abnormal and felt very unwell , flu like with sweats. Couldn't see or walk or walk when i woke up to go to the toilet. Taken into hospital and then taken into emergency surgery , they had to call in a top surgeon to Morriston hospital , he was the guy who saved Hartsons life. Next thing i know im waking up in intensive care all wired up , family around me unable to move. Turns out i had been in a coma for 10 days , sepsis had run through my body shutting every organ down , they also had to remove my scrotum and surrounding skin as it had all died to the NF. Had to learn to walk again , feed myself again. Even while in ITU they didn't think i would make it due to kidney failure and lung failure. They called my parents down from Scotland to prepare for the worse then i eventually woke up. Surgeon said he doesnt know how I'm alive but i am bit of a miracle. Spent the next few months recovering at home with , walking on a stick atm but I'm back in work part time and managing to get down the Swans 😂. Horrible scars but at least I'm alive and can see my daughter grow up. It's crazy how quickly it comes on and the effects are devastating. Luckily for me they found the bacteria and could match the right intravenous antibiotics. Thats me and the wife both have it and we are both luckily alive , hear so many horrendous stories of those who dont make it.

Blinking heck!.......are you ok now,?
Yep it makes you think, I seriously thought my wife was a gonner. (no not gooner)

Makes you value things more thats for sure.
Sepsis. A tragic loss. on 18:03 - Sep 16 with 1897 viewsmarkyd83

Sepsis. A tragic loss. on 15:38 - Sep 16 by swan65split

Blinking heck!.......are you ok now,?
Yep it makes you think, I seriously thought my wife was a gonner. (no not gooner)

Makes you value things more thats for sure.

Yea i am not doing too bad all things considering. The surgeon was initially going to replace my skin via skin grafts which would mean more surgery and more time in hospital . He decided to leave my wounds open and hope the skin and tissue and fat that was removed kind of grows back. I'm now in a position where my skin has done exactly that to a point , its a bit of a mess but its "healed" and i can carry on with my life. My legs have taken a big hit as such and walking can be tough and i get fatigued easily. However I'm lucky to have not lost any limbs which is common , i require no further treatment which I'm thankful for. Really shouldn't be here so i have to make the most of it.
Sepsis. A tragic loss. on 18:18 - Sep 16 with 1888 viewsDarran

Sepsis. A tragic loss. on 18:03 - Sep 16 by markyd83

Yea i am not doing too bad all things considering. The surgeon was initially going to replace my skin via skin grafts which would mean more surgery and more time in hospital . He decided to leave my wounds open and hope the skin and tissue and fat that was removed kind of grows back. I'm now in a position where my skin has done exactly that to a point , its a bit of a mess but its "healed" and i can carry on with my life. My legs have taken a big hit as such and walking can be tough and i get fatigued easily. However I'm lucky to have not lost any limbs which is common , i require no further treatment which I'm thankful for. Really shouldn't be here so i have to make the most of it.

Hang in there Dude you’ve got a great attitude,our daughter (who’s got a rare syndrome anyway) had it three years ago at the age of 31 and still hasn’t recovered and is unlikely to either.
They’ve said that the poison travelling around her body in the blood stream touched her brain and has brought on a dementia type illness.

Saying that she only weighs 4 stone now and went down to 2 stone when she was in ICU and the experts are utterly staggered as to how she survived it.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Sepsis. A tragic loss. on 18:46 - Sep 16 with 1869 viewsDJack

Sepsis. A tragic loss. on 15:13 - Sep 16 by markyd83

Wow, that's intense. Keep fighting.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Sepsis. A tragic loss. on 18:49 - Sep 16 with 1866 viewsDJack

Sepsis. A tragic loss. on 18:18 - Sep 16 by Darran

Hang in there Dude you’ve got a great attitude,our daughter (who’s got a rare syndrome anyway) had it three years ago at the age of 31 and still hasn’t recovered and is unlikely to either.
They’ve said that the poison travelling around her body in the blood stream touched her brain and has brought on a dementia type illness.

Saying that she only weighs 4 stone now and went down to 2 stone when she was in ICU and the experts are utterly staggered as to how she survived it.

Fck me Dar! My heart goes out to Amy and your family. Amy has always been a fighter but the toll on you all must have been (and currently) horrendous.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Sepsis. A tragic loss. on 21:00 - Sep 16 with 1841 viewsswan65split

Sepsis. A tragic loss. on 18:03 - Sep 16 by markyd83

As Dar says keep in there keep fighting, we all at some time are unable to do wha we used too....I can vouch for that as its happened to me.
I am sure in your journey you will meet some fantastic people, keep fighting M83
Sepsis. A tragic loss. on 21:01 - Sep 16 with 1839 viewsswan65split

Sepsis. A tragic loss. on 18:18 - Sep 16 by Darran

Respect Dar......what Djack says
Sepsis. A tragic loss. on 21:31 - Sep 16 with 1822 viewsdickythorpe

I haven't the articulation here but my heart goes out to you on here that have suffered.
I hope there is light for you all at the end of what has been a dark, dark tunnel.
Sepsis. A tragic loss. on 22:37 - Sep 16 with 1799 viewsmarkyd83

Thank you everyone , I've got my daughter to think about so I'm trying my hardest to get back to strength. Darren my heart goes out to you.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024