Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Greed.... 20:37 - Sep 13 with 8331 viewsbonymine

The definition .......’intense desire for something, especially wealth, power or food’......

And that one word alone can wholly sum up the demise of OUR Football Club over the past 3/4 years I believe.

And I can relate to the actions of Messrs Jenkins, Morgan, Dineen, Van Zweden et al in ‘selling out’ on their individual stake in OUR Club (notwithstanding their previous boasts about being involved ‘by the fans for the fans’ ) .....say no more.

The similarities between the overriding, perpetual greed of the Sellouts as the gravy train known as the Premier League riches became more and more the ‘norm’ can be compared in my eyes to my recent divorce and the greed of my soon to be ex-wife.

We were married for 21 years yet in that time we moved from a 3 bedroom semi detached house to a 4 bedroom detached and ultimately to a 4 bedroom executive detached house in a small gated community. Yet she still she sought to seek further materialistic gains through adding on an indoor swimming pool and an orangery !!!

So coming back on topic here the question is posed.....’how much is enough’ in terms of monetary and materialistic values in life ??

It seems to me that the trappings of the PL and it’s incessant monetary riches ‘changed’ the personalities of the ‘former’ Swans fans on our Board and almost overnight they became money grabbing, power crazy people who had forgotten their roots ?? .....

Each to their own I guess but just my own observations.

[Post edited 22 Feb 2019 21:03]

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Greed.... on 09:42 - Sep 14 with 2000 viewsSmellyplumz

Greed.... on 22:05 - Sep 13 by peenemunde

The vast majority Swansea fans aren’t bothered by the politics at the club, and I’m one of them.
Hopefully a Swans win on Saturday - that’s all I care about with the football matches this weekend.

Totally poor attitude. if it was fans like you that where around when petty was in charge they're wouldn't be a club for you to enjoy.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Greed.... on 09:59 - Sep 14 with 1986 viewsDarran

Greed.... on 21:23 - Sep 13 by _

Exactly mate

What is the point in feeling so bitter and making mountains out of molehills. We've been relegated, you'd swear they'd robbed us all individually of our life savings and left us on the streets

And all that's happened is we've come out of a division where we've spent less than 10% of our whole history in.

I'm hoping more and more will just forgive and forget and put all that effort into Potter and his kids

Like you say, exciting times are ahead.

Fuçk. Ing. Hell.

People must be falling around like the Martians on the Smash advert reading this pricks posts.

There’s two usernames on here that start more threads about off field politics than the rest of the usernames put together.

I’ll give you a clue as to the two usernames,they both begin with The.

WTF?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Greed.... on 10:24 - Sep 14 with 1969 viewsCatullus

Greed.... on 09:38 - Sep 14 by byron

From an outside view, it looked like you were on a roll, new ground, young exciting managers etc, cheap quality players like Britton, Rangel, Williams the backbone. Jenkins obv realised after a few years in the money league, that despite his huge salary and all the cash coming in, that it all went on players wages etc, was it 90%? Seeing all this but not having it so to speak might have been the catalyst to sell up and reap the financial reward. Also, they began to spend more in a desperate attempt to stay in the PL, without it, they wouldn’t be able to sell up and bank millions.
If anything, the yanks got done big time. Big conk prob started out with fan like intentions but like so many succumbed to the lure of fools gold....

I agree, in fact I've said on another thread I think the Americans were done, they thought they were buying a stable EPL club but were sold a pup, a club on the brink.
I agree about the reasons for selling too, they'd seen others bank millions in wages and the allure was too strong to resist.
It's not the sale I object too per se just the manner of it. Jenkins and the others cashed in but screwed the club (and so the fans) over.
It's a scenario played out over and over and over again in many businesses. Greed is human nature. People want more "stuff" they want more money, a bigger house, bigger garden, a flashy car, holidays......some are greedier than others, some are happy where they are and don't really understand the greed is good mantra that occupies so many minds.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Greed.... on 10:29 - Sep 14 with 1965 viewsCatullus

Greed.... on 01:04 - Sep 14 by the_oracle

There is not a single person who, given the chance to become millionaires, would say no. It's not greed, its simply what has become human nature.

Greed is, has always been part of human nature. Money just focussed the greedy's ambitions because money can get you almost anything, if you have enough. To the priviliged few too much is never enough. As we see when a multi millionaire footballer moves club and expects a pay rise even when he's not been playing so well, I'll reference Alexis Sanchez there, a great example of greed and of stupidity in giving him so much which he has totally failed to deserve, so far.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Greed.... on 10:31 - Sep 14 with 1962 viewsbyron

Greed.... on 09:59 - Sep 14 by Darran

Fuçk. Ing. Hell.

People must be falling around like the Martians on the Smash advert reading this pricks posts.

There’s two usernames on here that start more threads about off field politics than the rest of the usernames put together.

I’ll give you a clue as to the two usernames,they both begin with The.

WTF?

I wonder if he likes the stone roses?😂

Benny

Greed.... on 19:04 - Sep 14 with 1869 viewsperplex

Greed.... on 21:23 - Sep 13 by _

Exactly mate

What is the point in feeling so bitter and making mountains out of molehills. We've been relegated, you'd swear they'd robbed us all individually of our life savings and left us on the streets

And all that's happened is we've come out of a division where we've spent less than 10% of our whole history in.

I'm hoping more and more will just forgive and forget and put all that effort into Potter and his kids

Like you say, exciting times are ahead.

You do do realise Potter will be gone pretty soon as will any youngsters coming through who impress, you do realise these two Americans are going to eventually drain the club of any talent whilst filling there pockets with the income and making no or little investment back into the club, and once they are happy with there profits will be gone leaving the club in limbo.
Greed.... on 19:20 - Sep 14 with 1850 viewslonglostjack

Greed.... on 19:04 - Sep 14 by perplex

You do do realise Potter will be gone pretty soon as will any youngsters coming through who impress, you do realise these two Americans are going to eventually drain the club of any talent whilst filling there pockets with the income and making no or little investment back into the club, and once they are happy with there profits will be gone leaving the club in limbo.

I’m sure that if they could that’s what they would do. Warning signs are that the Trust seems to be having problems accessing financial information. I just don’t see them in it for the long haul. They have to get a return for their investors.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Greed.... on 19:22 - Sep 14 with 1841 viewspeenemunde

Greed.... on 07:33 - Sep 14 by scruffyjack

If the sale of shares hadn’t been agreed behind the back of the trust, and against the terms of the shareholders agreement then I think most people wouldn’t begrudge those individuals.

With regard to running a company are you seriously suggesting that we’ve been well managed?

Yes SCFC has been run amazingly for the last 16 or so years.
From the brink of relegation and out of the football league and bankruptcy, to the PL, a major cup and European football......absolutely magnificently run football club.

Relegation may have arrived, but that doesn’t mean the club is miss managed in anyway.
Login to get fewer ads

Greed.... on 19:33 - Sep 14 with 1836 viewslonglostjack

Greed.... on 19:22 - Sep 14 by peenemunde

From the brink of relegation and out of the football league and bankruptcy, to the PL, a major cup and European football......absolutely magnificently run football club.

Relegation may have arrived, but that doesn’t mean the club is miss managed in anyway.

FFS Peens get your head out of the sand.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2018 19:36]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Greed.... on 19:40 - Sep 14 with 1823 viewsperplex

What a dimwit.
Greed.... on 19:45 - Sep 14 with 1807 viewsLeonWasGod

Greed.... on 09:42 - Sep 14 by Smellyplumz

Totally poor attitude. if it was fans like you that where around when petty was in charge they're wouldn't be a club for you to enjoy.

A lot of truth in that.
Greed.... on 20:13 - Sep 14 with 1768 viewsbonymine

Well I’ve seen some bollux posted on this site over the years but this one really does take some beating ........😳😳

WUM of the highest order who is so far removed from the reality of what’s been going on at the Club that he really could be from Planet Mars not Planet Swans 😉😂

Enough said

Greed.... on 20:19 - Sep 14 with 1761 viewspeenemunde

Greed.... on 20:13 - Sep 14 by bonymine

Well I’ve seen some bollux posted on this site over the years but this one really does take some beating ........😳😳

WUM of the highest order who is so far removed from the reality of what’s been going on at the Club that he really could be from Planet Mars not Planet Swans 😉😂

Enough said

You have personal issues with ex board members, which has intertwined with your marriage.
So you are probably not the best person to judge what has gone on at the club.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2018 20:31]
Greed.... on 20:28 - Sep 14 with 1752 views_

Greed.... on 20:19 - Sep 14 by peenemunde

You have personal issues with ex board members, which has intertwined with your marriage.

Is that what it is with him??

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Greed.... on 20:32 - Sep 14 with 1741 viewsbonymine

Greed.... on 20:19 - Sep 14 by peenemunde

I disagree ; in fact I would argue that given my personal experiences I am actually BETTER PLACED to comment on these ‘issues’ rather than those who simply speculate without foundation.

I loved the Swans LONG BEFORE I ever loved my first wife and the manner in which the sale to the Yanks was conducted and the personal actions of the individuals involved was testimony to them putting their personal greed above EVERYTHING and their lack of due diligence/consideration as to the consequences of their actions are clear for all to see.

Greed.... on 20:33 - Sep 14 with 1738 viewspeenemunde

Greed.... on 20:28 - Sep 14 by _

I remember him posting about Morgan’s hotel and the break up of his marriage..it’s only what he’s actually said himself.
Greed.... on 20:36 - Sep 14 with 1736 viewsbonymine

Greed.... on 20:28 - Sep 14 by _

Oh look out Chrissy has got something to get his teeth into ......😂

Greed.... on 20:47 - Sep 14 with 1714 views_

Greed.... on 20:36 - Sep 14 by bonymine

Oh look out Chrissy has got something to get his teeth into ......😂

Mate I've no idea what it is but you've clearly got massive issues with the Board and your ex wife.

I don't know what went on. What happened?

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Greed.... on 20:57 - Sep 14 with 1700 viewsbonymine

Greed.... on 20:47 - Sep 14 by _

Mate I've no idea what it is but you've clearly got massive issues with the Board and your ex wife.

I don't know what went on. What happened?

Chris I don’t want to regurgitate the past given it’s now over 3 years since my Divorce proceedings commenced ....I have now moved on in my personal life but I still have fundamental misgivings about the manner in which the Club was sold and the lack of care and due diligence undertaken by the ‘Sellers’.

As I said before, I have loved the Swans since 1974 and got married in 1994 so the Swans had a good 20 years start in vying for my affections ....😂😂

STID .....💪💪💪

Greed.... on 11:41 - Sep 16 with 1560 viewsCatullus

Greed.... on 20:57 - Sep 14 by bonymine

Chris I don’t want to regurgitate the past given it’s now over 3 years since my Divorce proceedings commenced ....I have now moved on in my personal life but I still have fundamental misgivings about the manner in which the Club was sold and the lack of care and due diligence undertaken by the ‘Sellers’.

As I said before, I have loved the Swans since 1974 and got married in 1994 so the Swans had a good 20 years start in vying for my affections ....😂😂

STID .....💪💪💪

My wife was suitably annoyed when we had a convo about our first loves, I told her she insists on my seeing my first love which worried her and led to questions but when I said the Swans she laughed, 45 years with the Swans but only 11 with her!!

Greed.... on 11:56 - Sep 16 with 1539 viewschad

Yet very recently you likened it’s current situation to a car crash
Greed.... on 12:14 - Sep 16 with 1522 viewsJoe_bradshaw

You say it has been run amazingly for the past 16 years then you describe the 10 years from 2003 to 2013 and you have a point.

That illustrates the relative strength we had in 2013 and the fact that your story ends there highlights how poorly the club has been run since. We were always likely to be relegated at some point but our fall was quite spectacular from the 8th place finish in 2014 to relegation 4 seasons later and flirting with it for the 2 seasons before. If the Americans thought they were buying a stable Premier League club they didn’t understand football at all and failed to do their due diligence, not only on the club but on the Premier League in general as it relates to a club of our size.

I think the confusion as to who is calling the shots directly contributed to our rapid decline. Who picked which manager? The Bradley experiment encapsulates the chaotic decision making that has gone on since the takeover. We were always going to struggle at some point but it didn’t need to be as bad as this as quickly as this. Most of our wounds are self inflicted.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Greed.... on 20:40 - Sep 16 with 1455 viewsOldjack

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Greed.... on 21:11 - Sep 16 with 1443 viewsjack2jack

People should always come before greed,sadly these days it's money, cars and possessions that come first for some.
Money does not always buy you happiness, and even if it does it's only temporary.
Greed.... on 21:36 - Sep 16 with 1424 viewsbonymine

Greed.... on 21:11 - Sep 16 by jack2jack

People should always come before greed,sadly these days it's money, cars and possessions that come first for some.
Money does not always buy you happiness, and even if it does it's only temporary.

Even my mother in law said to my ex wife at one time ‘you always think the grass is greener on the other side and you only compare yourself to the lifestyles of wealthier people you know rather than those who are not as well off as you are ....’

She also asked her ‘how much is enough and at what personal cost is there in striving to achieve it ?’.......

Maybe I could pose that same question to the Sellouts who, in Jenkins’ case ‘had been supporting the Swans ‘for over 50 years’ before he sold out .....😂😂🤥🤥’.......

STID.....💪💪💪

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024