Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Greed.... 20:37 - Sep 13 with 8366 viewsbonymine

The definition .......’intense desire for something, especially wealth, power or food’......

And that one word alone can wholly sum up the demise of OUR Football Club over the past 3/4 years I believe.

And I can relate to the actions of Messrs Jenkins, Morgan, Dineen, Van Zweden et al in ‘selling out’ on their individual stake in OUR Club (notwithstanding their previous boasts about being involved ‘by the fans for the fans’ ) .....say no more.

The similarities between the overriding, perpetual greed of the Sellouts as the gravy train known as the Premier League riches became more and more the ‘norm’ can be compared in my eyes to my recent divorce and the greed of my soon to be ex-wife.

We were married for 21 years yet in that time we moved from a 3 bedroom semi detached house to a 4 bedroom detached and ultimately to a 4 bedroom executive detached house in a small gated community. Yet she still she sought to seek further materialistic gains through adding on an indoor swimming pool and an orangery !!!

So coming back on topic here the question is posed.....’how much is enough’ in terms of monetary and materialistic values in life ??

It seems to me that the trappings of the PL and it’s incessant monetary riches ‘changed’ the personalities of the ‘former’ Swans fans on our Board and almost overnight they became money grabbing, power crazy people who had forgotten their roots ?? .....

Each to their own I guess but just my own observations.

[Post edited 22 Feb 2019 21:03]

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Greed.... on 21:53 - Sep 16 with 1199 viewsWingstandwood

Greed.... on 21:36 - Sep 16 by bonymine

Even my mother in law said to my ex wife at one time ‘you always think the grass is greener on the other side and you only compare yourself to the lifestyles of wealthier people you know rather than those who are not as well off as you are ....’

She also asked her ‘how much is enough and at what personal cost is there in striving to achieve it ?’.......

Maybe I could pose that same question to the Sellouts who, in Jenkins’ case ‘had been supporting the Swans ‘for over 50 years’ before he sold out .....😂😂🤥🤥’.......

STID.....💪💪💪

Money and greed does crazy things to people's ability to process logic, perspective of reality and rational thought!

I've personally seen witnessed two individuals from an extremely rich multi-million Pound wealthy family argue bitterly because one of them just happened to order an extra band-saw-blade, the sales-rep involved looked upon aghast. It's not as if the extra order would have gone to waste cos band-saw-blades forever need to be replaced! One of those utterly surreal (bordering on black comedy) moments!

Argus!

Greed.... on 21:59 - Sep 16 with 1191 viewsbonymine

Greed.... on 21:53 - Sep 16 by Wingstandwood

Money and greed does crazy things to people's ability to process logic, perspective of reality and rational thought!

I've personally seen witnessed two individuals from an extremely rich multi-million Pound wealthy family argue bitterly because one of them just happened to order an extra band-saw-blade, the sales-rep involved looked upon aghast. It's not as if the extra order would have gone to waste cos band-saw-blades forever need to be replaced! One of those utterly surreal (bordering on black comedy) moments!

A perfect example of what greed can do to people ....

Some people are never satisfied whatever their ‘financial standing’ .....it goes much further than that I once witnessed my ex-wife and the wife of a ‘friend’ of ours competing as to who had the largest chandelier in their hallway ....🤮🤮🤮
Say no more .....😉😡
[Post edited 16 Sep 2018 22:02]

Greed.... on 22:07 - Sep 16 with 1174 viewsWingstandwood

Greed.... on 21:59 - Sep 16 by bonymine

A perfect example of what greed can do to people ....

Some people are never satisfied whatever their ‘financial standing’ .....it goes much further than that I once witnessed my ex-wife and the wife of a ‘friend’ of ours competing as to who had the largest chandelier in their hallway ....🤮🤮🤮
Say no more .....😉😡
[Post edited 16 Sep 2018 22:02]

Yes indeed! Vain-glorious 'keep-up-with-the-Joneses' lunacy is another behavioural trait that I perceive to be either a personality disorder, eccentricity or sometimes both.

Argus!

Greed.... on 22:27 - Sep 16 with 1147 viewsbonymine

Greed.... on 22:07 - Sep 16 by Wingstandwood

Yes indeed! Vain-glorious 'keep-up-with-the-Joneses' lunacy is another behavioural trait that I perceive to be either a personality disorder, eccentricity or sometimes both.

We seem to have a lot in common mate be good to catch up sometime to put the world to right 👍😂😉

She’s now taking ‘selfies’ with her new boyfriend (poor b@stard he doesn’t know what he’s in for yet 😂😉🤑🤑 ) ....

Goodnight All 👍👍

Greed.... on 21:38 - Apr 27 with 761 viewsbonymine

Last one for the night sorry ....!!

Greed.... on 22:02 - Apr 27 with 741 viewsKeithHaynes

Greed.... on 21:38 - Apr 27 by bonymine

Last one for the night sorry ....!!

It’s relevant mind.,

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Greed.... on 22:07 - Apr 27 with 737 viewsbonymine

Greed.... on 22:02 - Apr 27 by KeithHaynes

It’s relevant mind.,

Well I do try to generate some interest/debate Keith 😉👍🤣

Greed.... on 22:14 - Apr 27 with 732 viewsReslovenSwan1

Greed.... on 22:02 - Apr 27 by KeithHaynes

It’s relevant mind.,

More fake narratives based on south Wales protestant tub thumping sunday school rhetoric. Swansea city sucess was built on hard work and graft with some inspiration from the main players. The main players sold some of their share to people who has better cash raising capabilities in the event of hard times returning. The 'next level' was Silverstein showing up.

These hard times are now. The club is making trading losses of £1m per month offset by sell good young players developed in house.

In real terms the 21% owner if no players are sold should be covering these loses that is £12,000 per member. The useless members do not want to pay and are understandably desperate to get out with some cash leaving the club in an even deeper hole and looking for any possible legal get out of jail card to free them of their responsibilities. One wonders why they bught shares in the first place.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Login to get fewer ads

Greed.... on 22:28 - Apr 27 with 727 viewsChief

Greed.... on 22:14 - Apr 27 by ReslovenSwan1

More fake narratives based on south Wales protestant tub thumping sunday school rhetoric. Swansea city sucess was built on hard work and graft with some inspiration from the main players. The main players sold some of their share to people who has better cash raising capabilities in the event of hard times returning. The 'next level' was Silverstein showing up.

These hard times are now. The club is making trading losses of £1m per month offset by sell good young players developed in house.

In real terms the 21% owner if no players are sold should be covering these loses that is £12,000 per member. The useless members do not want to pay and are understandably desperate to get out with some cash leaving the club in an even deeper hole and looking for any possible legal get out of jail card to free them of their responsibilities. One wonders why they bught shares in the first place.

"In real terms the 21% owner if no players are sold should be covering these loses"

Presumably this applies to other shareholders such as Morgan and Jenkins too?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Greed.... on 11:32 - Apr 28 with 676 viewsReslovenSwan1

Greed.... on 22:28 - Apr 27 by Chief

"In real terms the 21% owner if no players are sold should be covering these loses"

Presumably this applies to other shareholders such as Morgan and Jenkins too?

All owners would need to hep out to stop the club going under.

Greed.... on 12:24 - Apr 28 with 665 viewsBillyChong

Greed.... on 11:32 - Apr 28 by ReslovenSwan1

All owners would need to hep out to stop the club going under.

You’d probably find the Trust being ‘last man standing’ again if it came to it
Greed.... on 12:45 - Apr 28 with 651 viewsReslovenSwan1

Greed.... on 12:24 - Apr 28 by BillyChong

You’d probably find the Trust being ‘last man standing’ again if it came to it

The members were alseep at the wheel with no coherient strategy in the long hazy sunny Premeir league years. Living the good life the SCST had a bizarre strategy of getting to 25% ownership instead of having £25m in the bank.

To be any use they must give up being leftist community warriors fighting for social justice and become more like free market capitalists shrewd with their assets and investments.

They started with 50 x £1 plastic buckets. They should when the balloon goes up be worth £30m+ invested in property (and bonds equities If allowed by their constitution). Otherwise they will have been a failed experiment and a waste of time.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2021 16:49]

Greed.... on 20:05 - Apr 28 with 626 viewsCatullus

Well on a personal note, we live in a 2 bed terraced with a garden roughly 100ft long by about 16 wide. It's plenty good enough, we don't need more though we may have the front garden dug out foru sto ave a parking space, one day. My wife actually took a demotion at work because she wanted less stress, financially we are sound so that's us. Nowt posh, no big ambitions besides going on holiday every year and even then we are quite cheap travellers.

Greed is a problem, to so many people too much is not enough. Maybe you'll be better off without the wife? I really hope so, happiness is under rated, people always want more and i often only causes misery.

In football the EPl is the epitome of greed. Players on 40k a week who think they deserve more, greedy aganets who inflate prices and wages so their cut is bigger.

At some point people need to worry less about the materialistic and more about just being happy where you are.

PS, I hope my comment about your wife doesn't offend, I genuinely hope it works out for the best for you.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Greed.... on 20:40 - Apr 28 with 616 viewsChief

Greed.... on 12:45 - Apr 28 by ReslovenSwan1

The members were alseep at the wheel with no coherient strategy in the long hazy sunny Premeir league years. Living the good life the SCST had a bizarre strategy of getting to 25% ownership instead of having £25m in the bank.

To be any use they must give up being leftist community warriors fighting for social justice and become more like free market capitalists shrewd with their assets and investments.

They started with 50 x £1 plastic buckets. They should when the balloon goes up be worth £30m+ invested in property (and bonds equities If allowed by their constitution). Otherwise they will have been a failed experiment and a waste of time.

No point going over old ground yet again Resolven.

But the trust have an ever present from the club's lowest ebb through the club's most successful period in its history. And you know they are the only shareholder the club will ever have that you 100% know will have only club's best interests at heart.

Yes you say they started with buckets......

Surely then a gigantic mark up which they could conceivably make at some point even by your pessimistic estimates must be considered a success.

And that's when you purely consider them as a money making shareholder like every other shareholder, which you shouldn't.

They are the only shareholder ever who if / when they receive a windfall will actually reserve it for future good of the club.

So this failed experiment / waste of time is obviously complete nonsense. Disagreeing with their strategy or thinking the court case is one thing but coming out with comments like that just shows how unjustifiably biased you are.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2021 21:06]

Greed.... on 21:47 - Apr 28 with 594 viewsGaryjack

Greed.... on 12:45 - Apr 28 by ReslovenSwan1

I can confirm that under the 'Trust' constitution, it is not allowed to invest any of it's capital in property, bonds, shares or any other type of investment vehicle. ​
As the Trust is not a professional organisation, any money it receives can only be used towards achieving or protecting its aims.
So any capital it has, however large or small, must remain in a secure environment such as a bank or building society.
I sincerely hope that this finally puts to an end this total nonsense that you have repeated time and again for months on end.
Will it sink in though? I seriously doubt it!
[Post edited 28 Apr 2021 23:24]
Greed.... on 00:18 - Apr 29 with 547 viewsReslovenSwan1

Greed.... on 21:47 - Apr 28 by Garyjack

I can confirm that under the 'Trust' constitution, it is not allowed to invest any of it's capital in property, bonds, shares or any other type of investment vehicle. ​
As the Trust is not a professional organisation, any money it receives can only be used towards achieving or protecting its aims.
So any capital it has, however large or small, must remain in a secure environment such as a bank or building society.
I sincerely hope that this finally puts to an end this total nonsense that you have repeated time and again for months on end.

If correct this confirms my believe that this organisation is in the "womens institute" breed of organisation simply limited to serving its own local needs and not suitable for growth and expansion. A 1000 good old boys giving it £10 for a good chin wag and feeling of involvement. Nothing more.

It has clearly out grown it exoskeleton and needs to be closed down and reformed to be a dynamic body able to mix in cosmopolitan business envirnoment. It has no use to Swansea city football club and cannot fullfill its mission statement as its powers are restricted to such a point it is irrelevant.

Owning a football team is super high risk and going to court adds a level of risk way beyond any sensible strategy. Property bonds equities are low risk and the sensible option. It is clear SCST was never intended to be sucessful. It was meant to be like Exeter city's or Wrexham Trusts. Wrexham have virtually given away their holding to whom they regard and very relaible new owners. Exeter members pay upto £30 pa to help keep the club going. This money is not recoverable.

The world has changed. The option of putting money into the bank or building sovciety to make money no longer exists. It guarentees loss and stagnation as interest rates are less than inflation. This makes the SCST stategy of cashing in even more dim. They will face giving 1/3 pof their holding away in fees then putting millions in to bank account losing money crating profits for bankers who can use it to buy equities and bonds. Football inflation will see their cash holding become irrelevant within a deacde.

In 2001 the bank rate was 6%. Now it is 0.5% or less.

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/boeapps/database/Bank-Rate.asp

SCST was set up to enrich banks and London based ambulance chasers it seems. The working British man is firmly kept in his box.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2021 0:19]

Greed.... on 00:27 - Apr 29 with 543 viewsjack_lord

Greed.... on 00:18 - Apr 29 by ReslovenSwan1

If correct this confirms my believe that this organisation is in the "womens institute" breed of organisation simply limited to serving its own local needs and not suitable for growth and expansion. A 1000 good old boys giving it £10 for a good chin wag and feeling of involvement. Nothing more.

It has clearly out grown it exoskeleton and needs to be closed down and reformed to be a dynamic body able to mix in cosmopolitan business envirnoment. It has no use to Swansea city football club and cannot fullfill its mission statement as its powers are restricted to such a point it is irrelevant.

Owning a football team is super high risk and going to court adds a level of risk way beyond any sensible strategy. Property bonds equities are low risk and the sensible option. It is clear SCST was never intended to be sucessful. It was meant to be like Exeter city's or Wrexham Trusts. Wrexham have virtually given away their holding to whom they regard and very relaible new owners. Exeter members pay upto £30 pa to help keep the club going. This money is not recoverable.

The world has changed. The option of putting money into the bank or building sovciety to make money no longer exists. It guarentees loss and stagnation as interest rates are less than inflation. This makes the SCST stategy of cashing in even more dim. They will face giving 1/3 pof their holding away in fees then putting millions in to bank account losing money crating profits for bankers who can use it to buy equities and bonds. Football inflation will see their cash holding become irrelevant within a deacde.

SCST was set up to enrich banks and London based ambulance chasers it seems. The working British man is firmly kept in his box.

everything you say points to where your bread is buttered.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Greed.... on 00:57 - Apr 29 with 539 viewsReslovenSwan1

Greed.... on 00:27 - Apr 29 by jack_lord

everything you say points to where your bread is buttered.

My bread is buttered by my own blood sweat and tears. Never took a penny from the state in benefits and when I needed a foot operation I did not even use the NHS. Worked as a freelancer with my own pension.

I respect the Swansea city achievers like Huw Jenkins but only met him once. I give people what i think is the truth. If what Gary says it true the SCST truly is a drab organisation limited in scope and therefore commited to failure. Like I said Wrexham Trust virtally gave the keys of the club to two US actors for nothing. Swansea Trust is planning on giving 7% or 1/3 of its holding to London Luvvie ambulance chasers. It is only 'not for profit' for the members who were dull enough to believe the people who told them they had no choice as the club was heading down the tubes.

The so called "asset strippers" were the only owners willing to put their hands in their pockets when Covid struck. £5m at least possibly £10m. The club did not turn it down and it almost certainly kept 50 local people or so in work.

Greed.... on 06:06 - Apr 29 with 524 viewsChief

Greed.... on 00:18 - Apr 29 by ReslovenSwan1

Resolven calm down. This is eating you up.

Greed.... on 06:28 - Apr 29 with 520 viewsChief

Greed.... on 00:57 - Apr 29 by ReslovenSwan1

My bread is buttered by my own blood sweat and tears. Never took a penny from the state in benefits and when I needed a foot operation I did not even use the NHS. Worked as a freelancer with my own pension.

I respect the Swansea city achievers like Huw Jenkins but only met him once. I give people what i think is the truth. If what Gary says it true the SCST truly is a drab organisation limited in scope and therefore commited to failure. Like I said Wrexham Trust virtally gave the keys of the club to two US actors for nothing. Swansea Trust is planning on giving 7% or 1/3 of its holding to London Luvvie ambulance chasers. It is only 'not for profit' for the members who were dull enough to believe the people who told them they had no choice as the club was heading down the tubes.

The so called "asset strippers" were the only owners willing to put their hands in their pockets when Covid struck. £5m at least possibly £10m. The club did not turn it down and it almost certainly kept 50 local people or so in work.

That first paragraph is very admirable, well done.

Wrexham are a club in the national league and have been there for over ten years. Entirely different situation to us. And look who have bought them. They have such a high profile, it would be a PR disaster for them to let Wrexham fail. It that sense its a low risk roll of the dice. It's sad the trust need to employ legal representation, but that's the position they find themselves in. Again, you're making up narratives to suit your agenda.

The Americans didn't invite anyone else to invest Resolven did they? You say its very noble of them, but there are other means of getting money without paying 5% interest or taking ownership of a chunk of the club. The EFL were offering zero interest loans to help get through covid. Huw Jenkins whom you admire so much didn't contribute either.

The Americans knew when they bought the club that the situation they were in and lay of the land. And if they didn't, which by them claiming they weren't aware of a shareholders agreement i wouldn't exclude, again they have no one to blame but themselves.

Greed.... on 12:15 - Apr 29 with 476 viewsReslovenSwan1

Greed.... on 06:28 - Apr 29 by Chief

Wrexham are a club in the national league and have been there for over ten years. Entirely different situation to us. And look who have bought them. They have such a high profile, it would be a PR disaster for them to let Wrexham fail. It that sense its a low risk roll of the dice. It's sad the trust need to employ legal representation, but that's the position they find themselves in. Again, you're making up narratives to suit your agenda.

The Americans didn't invite anyone else to invest Resolven did they? You say its very noble of them, but there are other means of getting money without paying 5% interest or taking ownership of a chunk of the club. The EFL were offering zero interest loans to help get through covid. Huw Jenkins whom you admire so much didn't contribute either.

The Americans knew when they bought the club that the situation they were in and lay of the land. And if they didn't, which by them claiming they weren't aware of a shareholders agreement i wouldn't exclude, again they have no one to blame but themselves.

I would imagine the club has taken up the zero loan offer. Remember that money was with string attached and limits on it useage.

a) You will have noticed the pitch was relaid and urgent maintenance done of the stadium.

b) The EFL loan offer came in very late. Swansea like Wigan could have gone bust waiting for that loan.

It could be this money was an "emmergeny faciity" requested by the Chairman. From what i have read CLN are often used to speed up the process. I have seen no indications that anyone objects t the CLN.

Greed.... on 12:28 - Apr 29 with 473 viewsReslovenSwan1

Greed.... on 21:47 - Apr 28 by Garyjack

Gary this is taken from the model rules 2016 listed on the SCST website.
-------------------------------------------

" In order to achieve its objects the Society may either itself or through a subsidiary company
or society acting under its control:
6.1. buy, sell and lease property;
6.2. borrow;
6.3. grant security over its property and assets;
6.4. establish promote and maintain for the purposes of the Society any lawful fund
raising scheme;
6.5. buy and hold shares in the Club;
6.6. hold and exercise proxies for shares in any company owning or controlling the Club
either itself or through a subsidiary;
6.7. promote means to give supporters greater opportunity to invest in the Club;

a) It can therefore buy property at least.

b) 6.3 Might include insurances to grant security over its assests e.g cash.

c) 6.4 Might also allow for buying share or bonds as "a lawful fund raising scheme".

Where did you get your information from?
[Post edited 29 Apr 2021 12:33]

Greed.... on 12:44 - Apr 29 with 466 viewsChief

Greed.... on 12:15 - Apr 29 by ReslovenSwan1

I would imagine the club has taken up the zero loan offer. Remember that money was with string attached and limits on it useage.

a) You will have noticed the pitch was relaid and urgent maintenance done of the stadium.

b) The EFL loan offer came in very late. Swansea like Wigan could have gone bust waiting for that loan.

It could be this money was an "emmergeny faciity" requested by the Chairman. From what i have read CLN are often used to speed up the process. I have seen no indications that anyone objects t the CLN.

There's no reports suggesting we did take the EPL while it was reported that Cardiff applied for example, so don't see why it wouldn't have been reported if we'd applied too.

Highly unlikely we'd have gone bust. That's OTT. Be realistic.

And even in that eventuality, why couldn't the Americans have just paid in a short term loan (hopefully with less than 5% interest) purely to tide us over until the EPL loan with no interest clears?

Greed.... on 12:48 - Apr 29 with 465 viewsChief

Greed.... on 12:28 - Apr 29 by ReslovenSwan1

Gary this is taken from the model rules 2016 listed on the SCST website.
-------------------------------------------

" In order to achieve its objects the Society may either itself or through a subsidiary company
or society acting under its control:
6.1. buy, sell and lease property;
6.2. borrow;
6.3. grant security over its property and assets;
6.4. establish promote and maintain for the purposes of the Society any lawful fund
raising scheme;
6.5. buy and hold shares in the Club;
6.6. hold and exercise proxies for shares in any company owning or controlling the Club
either itself or through a subsidiary;
6.7. promote means to give supporters greater opportunity to invest in the Club;

a) It can therefore buy property at least.

b) 6.3 Might include insurances to grant security over its assests e.g cash.

c) 6.4 Might also allow for buying share or bonds as "a lawful fund raising scheme".

Where did you get your information from?
[Post edited 29 Apr 2021 12:33]

How much do you suggest the trust invests into these schemes (which may not even be permitted by law) and property then? Surely such an undertaking means employing a property manager and contractors, paying estate agents, the property itself, renovation costs.

All that despite the trust needing instant funds to pay its expenses and operate on a day to day basis?

How feasible is that?

Greed.... on 13:52 - Apr 29 with 410 viewsjack_lord

Greed.... on 06:28 - Apr 29 by Chief

Foot operation - did not use the NHS. There are few people who can do that.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024