Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. 08:39 - Sep 15 with 10181 views_

So far it's been evident that it's the strength and diversity of our squad that's brought us the successes we've had.

I really do know we're light in some areas but hear me out.

When I've tried to pick a starting eleven I really struggle. For one I can't find a natural place for Naughton but I really want him in the team. We've seen him play centre half, right back, right midfield and supporting the attack already this season. Connor Roberts has played further up as well.

Celina can play at ten or on the wings, Olsson could play further forward. The players we've got still to stake a claim are all attack minded but they could easily, in this division, adapt to a different position. I know Routs could do a job at number 10, he's even filled in at wing back. Grimes has too as well as coming on against Preston to shore up the game.

McBurnie played all over the park against Millwall to help the team but still popped up with a goal and we have some deadly weapons if we can get the walking wounded fit.

Dhanda has impressed in cameos and cup games, he's not able to get in the starting team and we haven't had any minutes from Carter Vickers who we know can play in at least 2 positions.

This league isn't of great quality but we have some proper footballers in our ranks. Like the side that coined the phrase Total Football, we've got the players that can play all over the pitch in most positions.

So much to like so far, let's hope we can keep the momentum from Millwall going today.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 12:46 - Sep 17 with 2117 viewsjasper_T

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 12:33 - Sep 17 by Badlands

He didn't play many minutes but was very good when playing a central midfield role.

The FC Magdeburg game? I thought he was awful. Gave the ball away a lot, left Joe & Cian exposed. Maric was the better of the pair in there and he's been demoted back to the u23s.
Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 12:47 - Sep 17 with 2116 views_

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 12:19 - Sep 17 by Jinxy

Yep, so much has changed it will take time for GP to well and truly get his ideas across, and for the players to understand them. Then the total football bit too - "another level", as the saying goes! I'm loving it to be honest - I'm not interested in the table, or going up this year, just get the performances and strategies right and all will be well given time (and patience as I say!).

The only thing I don't agree with there are Routledge and Dyer, and I think that's why GP is hesitant to use them. The simple reason being that they are not the future. I think he's looking to reset completely, and although they both are familiar with our legacy playing style, perhaps he is more keen to invest in youth and discard baggage etc.. I'm sure if anyone would have taken them on loan he'd have released them. Back up yes maybe, starting it's a no from me. Other than that, I agree with you. Before the game started I suggested in this thread that Naughton would pop up in midfield, for the reasons we've discussed here. He could well be developed in my view, and GP has seen that in him it would seem.

I'm hearing you and you could well be right.

However,the fact a friendly was arranged and then both of them on the bench suggested to me they may have been kept back for this Stoke away game. To get a bit of experience on the pitch.

Also now with the amount of injuries we need to utilise our full squad.

I'm hoping they can make an impact still

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 12:55 - Sep 17 with 2096 views_

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 12:36 - Sep 17 by MoscowJack

The upside of this season is that we've gone from a squad packed with pampered primadonnas to less-talented but extremely hungry and very ambitious youngsters. This is why it's so hard not to get totally behind the TEAM. They know that this is a huge chance that they have to take and you can't fault any of them.

Saturday's game was lacking in skill and guile on both sides but the effort and passion from our boys was wonderful to see. When you consider how much Forest have spent on their squad compared to ours, which is more of a mix-match of who's available at the moment, then we did really well.

I'd take 10th position right now as it's going to be a very long and hard season without our thin squad, which will probably be raped even further in January.

Just want to add....when our weakened team beat top of the table Wolves in the cup last season, I thought "well, we'll be ok if we go down" but I didn't think for one second that only Naughton and Roberts would still be with us from the starting line-up that day. It's crazy.......but we're 6th!!!

Well 7 are still here from the Wolves game so not quite sure what you mean there.

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 13:20 - Sep 17 with 2073 viewsMoscowJack

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 12:55 - Sep 17 by _

Well 7 are still here from the Wolves game so not quite sure what you mean there.

From the starting line up that day......only Naughts and Roberts started on Saturday.

As it was a weakened team (I think 8 changes from the previous PL game) v Wolves, we might have thought that this could slightly resemble our team if we went down.

Little did we know how deep the cull was going to go.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 13:35 - Sep 17 with 2041 views_

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 13:20 - Sep 17 by MoscowJack

From the starting line up that day......only Naughts and Roberts started on Saturday.

As it was a weakened team (I think 8 changes from the previous PL game) v Wolves, we might have thought that this could slightly resemble our team if we went down.

You talked about the side that beat Wolves, so that day... !! We beat them 2-1 and 7 players are still with us.

Only Fede, Mawson, Mesa (who never played anyway) and
Ayew are missing.

There's just no point over dramatising anything. We are where we are because we needed it to happen. It's not a cull, it's a sensible transfer policy to give us the best chance of stabilising and promotion.

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 13:37 - Sep 17 with 2038 viewsTailGunner

Celina, Fer, Carroll Fulton all out for tomorrow - at least.
Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 13:54 - Sep 17 with 2021 viewsDarran

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 13:37 - Sep 17 by TailGunner

Celina, Fer, Carroll Fulton all out for tomorrow - at least.

It’s ok we can rotate our squad.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 14:32 - Sep 17 with 1990 views_

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 13:54 - Sep 17 by Darran

It’s ok we can rotate our squad.

Well it is OK and we can....

-------------------- Mulder --------------------

-------- VdH -- Carter Vickers --Rodon ------

Connor ---------------------------------- Olsson

Dyer --- Grimes --- Naughton --- Routs

------------------ McBurnie -----------------

Stick to talking SHIT about mortgaging lease contracts. Prick.

Login to get fewer ads

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 14:34 - Sep 17 with 1989 viewsMoscowJack

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 13:20 - Sep 17 by MoscowJack

You're actually agreeing with me but still arguing with me....

Fact 1: Despite eight changes from the previous game, only two of that team started for us v Wolves.

Fact 2: Of the 18 in the whole squad that day, just four started against Forest (Mulder, Naughton, Roberts and Ollie).

What I'm saying is that we've gone from playing a PL team to a PL reserve team and now directly to our U23s. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but it speaks a lot about the lack of quality in our PL squad and the desperation of the Yanks to break even......

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 14:46 - Sep 17 with 1974 viewsLeonWasGod

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 14:34 - Sep 17 by MoscowJack

Fact 1: Despite eight changes from the previous game, only two of that team started for us v Wolves.

Fact 2: Of the 18 in the whole squad that day, just four started against Forest (Mulder, Naughton, Roberts and Ollie).

What I'm saying is that we've gone from playing a PL team to a PL reserve team and now directly to our U23s. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but it speaks a lot about the lack of quality in our PL squad and the desperation of the Yanks to break even......

3. Naughton was on the bench :)
Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 14:51 - Sep 17 with 1961 views_

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 14:34 - Sep 17 by MoscowJack

You're talking to yourself there but if you read your original paragraph you'll see what you're talking about now wasn't what you said.

The quality of the team that beat Wolves we could easily get on the pitch this season,

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 15:45 - Sep 17 with 1923 views100onZero

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 14:32 - Sep 17 by _

Well it is OK and we can....

-------------------- Mulder --------------------

-------- VdH -- Carter Vickers --Rodon ------

Connor ---------------------------------- Olsson

Dyer --- Grimes --- Naughton --- Routs

------------------ McBurnie -----------------

Stick to talking SHIT about mortgaging lease contracts. Prick.

God help us!
Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 17:59 - Sep 18 with 1788 viewskighds

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 09:08 - Sep 15 by Catullus

The problem is most of those players are guaranteed starters which makes it not so much a rotation and more shuffling the pack.
Some of them (who haven't yet featured) will definitely have a role somewhere this season because we can't hope to go all season without illness, injuries or suspensions. Montero is already injured so maybe we'll see Dyer or Routs in the squad today? As much as he fecked it up, Baker-Richardson will be used too. He has to learn that lesson very quickly.
Our strength is in the creative midfield, Celina will be a star. Everything good goes through him, Fer provides strength and experience.

Even at 25-1 though, I don't think I'll be having a punt. Before the season started we were 33-1 for relegation and I think the bookies are right, it's 7-15 for us this season.

Do you like knowing first about the results of match? Go here and check ​ https://777score.ng
Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 09:06 - Sep 19 with 1696 views_

Can you now see the total football ways of Potter?

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 21:12 - Sep 19 with 1607 viewsOldjack

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 09:06 - Sep 19 by _

Can you now see the total football ways of Potter?

aye, but he needs better tools to make it effective

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 21:37 - Sep 19 with 1591 viewsbuilthjack

As a matter of interest how many passes did we do last night?
Stato?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 21:58 - Sep 19 with 1570 views_

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 21:37 - Sep 19 by builthjack

As a matter of interest how many passes did we do last night?
Stato?

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 22:01 - Sep 19 with 1559 viewsbuilthjack

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 21:58 - Sep 19 by _

Quite tidy then. Well on the way to the old style of about 650.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 07:35 - Sep 20 with 1482 viewsPhil_S

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 10:45 - Sep 16 by angryjack

Herd off a very reliable source yesterday a first team player dad that on transfer deadline day he walked but took a lot of persuading to stay,,he won't be here long fact

A first team players Dad is a reliable source now?
Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 07:51 - Sep 20 with 1470 views34dfgdf54

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 07:35 - Sep 20 by Phil_S

A first team players Dad is a reliable source now?

Not sure, but I found it weird how Curtis's son was openly kicking off on Twitter personally though. I may be thinking into too much, but I wouldn't have thought he would have done that without his old mans consent.
Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 09:52 - Sep 30 with 1297 views_

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 12:41 - Sep 15 by pencoedjack

Stopped reading at ‘I really want Naughton in the side’

TOTAL FOOTBALL

Don't be like Pencoed. Don't be a mug.

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 09:54 - Sep 30 with 1290 viewsE20Jack

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 21:12 - Sep 19 by Oldjack

aye, but he needs better tools to make it effective

Which players do you want out?

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 22:01 - Dec 29 with 987 viewsNeathJack

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 09:15 - Dec 30 with 881 viewsLeonWasGod

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 22:01 - Dec 29 by NeathJack

A cheeky little bump there
Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 12:05 - Dec 30 with 812 viewsBillyChong

Clueless. The best we’ve been this season is when Potter hasn’t tinkered.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024