Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. 08:39 - Sep 15 with 10132 views_

So far it's been evident that it's the strength and diversity of our squad that's brought us the successes we've had.

I really do know we're light in some areas but hear me out.

When I've tried to pick a starting eleven I really struggle. For one I can't find a natural place for Naughton but I really want him in the team. We've seen him play centre half, right back, right midfield and supporting the attack already this season. Connor Roberts has played further up as well.

Celina can play at ten or on the wings, Olsson could play further forward. The players we've got still to stake a claim are all attack minded but they could easily, in this division, adapt to a different position. I know Routs could do a job at number 10, he's even filled in at wing back. Grimes has too as well as coming on against Preston to shore up the game.

McBurnie played all over the park against Millwall to help the team but still popped up with a goal and we have some deadly weapons if we can get the walking wounded fit.

Dhanda has impressed in cameos and cup games, he's not able to get in the starting team and we haven't had any minutes from Carter Vickers who we know can play in at least 2 positions.

This league isn't of great quality but we have some proper footballers in our ranks. Like the side that coined the phrase Total Football, we've got the players that can play all over the pitch in most positions.

So much to like so far, let's hope we can keep the momentum from Millwall going today.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 09:08 - Sep 15 with 4096 viewsCatullus

The problem is most of those players are guaranteed starters which makes it not so much a rotation and more shuffling the pack.
Some of them (who haven't yet featured) will definitely have a role somewhere this season because we can't hope to go all season without illness, injuries or suspensions. Montero is already injured so maybe we'll see Dyer or Routs in the squad today? As much as he fecked it up, Baker-Richardson will be used too. He has to learn that lesson very quickly.
Our strength is in the creative midfield, Celina will be a star. Everything good goes through him, Fer provides strength and experience.

Even at 25-1 though, I don't think I'll be having a punt. Before the season started we were 33-1 for relegation and I think the bookies are right, it's 7-15 for us this season.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 10:50 - Sep 15 with 3974 viewsgrabsplatter

I'd agree that we've got flexibility in the way we set up because we have some intelligent & versatile players.
Unfortunately we seem to have a real lack of goalscorers in the squad.
McBurnie is a natural finisher but I can't see where the goals will come from elsewhere.
Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 10:56 - Sep 15 with 3963 views_

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 09:08 - Sep 15 by Catullus

The problem is most of those players are guaranteed starters which makes it not so much a rotation and more shuffling the pack.
Some of them (who haven't yet featured) will definitely have a role somewhere this season because we can't hope to go all season without illness, injuries or suspensions. Montero is already injured so maybe we'll see Dyer or Routs in the squad today? As much as he fecked it up, Baker-Richardson will be used too. He has to learn that lesson very quickly.
Our strength is in the creative midfield, Celina will be a star. Everything good goes through him, Fer provides strength and experience.

Even at 25-1 though, I don't think I'll be having a punt. Before the season started we were 33-1 for relegation and I think the bookies are right, it's 7-15 for us this season.

Most of our players can play in different positions and late in games teams can't get to grips with who's popping up in different places.

I find it hard to pick a starting 11 or second guess what Potter may go for. The 25/1 is to win it and any team will need a fair amount of luck to come top, but 7 and a half to 1 to go up is decent value I think.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 11:08 - Sep 15 with 3946 viewsJinxy

"The way he is able to change his pattern of play during games is so impressive. I remember scouting them when I was at Helsingborg. They played all different kinds of systems, starting off a match one way, and then halfway through they started playing a different system, and then they ended up with a third system.
And all the players knew exactly what they were doing.” — Henrik Larsson

This is one of Potter's strengths, and I think given time he will not just implement it, but evolve it too. Exciting stuff. Glad Fulton is available to provide some midfield grit (with Fer injured) but it wouldn't surprise me to see Naughton being used in that role too at some point - I think he could certainly fill in if needed there.
Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 11:20 - Sep 15 with 3908 viewsOldjack

We're very weak in the middle without Fer ,control the midfield and you control the game

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 11:41 - Sep 15 with 3870 views_

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 10:50 - Sep 15 by grabsplatter

I'd agree that we've got flexibility in the way we set up because we have some intelligent & versatile players.
Unfortunately we seem to have a real lack of goalscorers in the squad.
McBurnie is a natural finisher but I can't see where the goals will come from elsewhere.

In fairness Celina should be on 4 or 5 already. I'm hoping they will come.

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 11:43 - Sep 15 with 3867 views_

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 11:08 - Sep 15 by Jinxy

"The way he is able to change his pattern of play during games is so impressive. I remember scouting them when I was at Helsingborg. They played all different kinds of systems, starting off a match one way, and then halfway through they started playing a different system, and then they ended up with a third system.
And all the players knew exactly what they were doing.” — Henrik Larsson

This is one of Potter's strengths, and I think given time he will not just implement it, but evolve it too. Exciting stuff. Glad Fulton is available to provide some midfield grit (with Fer injured) but it wouldn't surprise me to see Naughton being used in that role too at some point - I think he could certainly fill in if needed there.

When I knocked a team up first today I had Naughton and Fulton sitting.

But then I bottled it and went Carroll and Fulton.

In addition, McKay and Dyer out wide with Celina behind McBurnie.

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 11:44 - Sep 15 with 3865 viewsjasfan

Yes it's pleasing to see our players adapting to the different roles and variations in formation required of them by the manager during a game.

The level of effort they're putting in has been refreshing to say the least and I think it's noticeable how much this is appreciated by us fans.

Time for those 'senior' pros who haven't featured so far to show the same.

Jack army!
Login to get fewer ads

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 11:47 - Sep 15 with 3860 viewsPozuelosSideys

Our weakness is our squad rotation imo. We can put out a good starting 11 and maybe 1 or 2 good impact subs. As soon as we get one or two key injuries to the likes of Fer and Montero, or god forbid- McBurnie or VDH, then we are struggling.

However, it was like this the last time we were in the Championship. The difference in the PL was that before it all went t1ts up, we had a decent first 11 + bench.

I honestly see us struggling the next 3 games without key players against decent sides. Fer is a huge, huge loss. Where is the attacking play gonna come from?

In a season or two when these players have developed, the OP will be correct, but at the moment its a learning curve, most of should (hopefully) know that though!

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 12:14 - Sep 15 with 3816 viewsgrabsplatter

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 11:41 - Sep 15 by _

In fairness Celina should be on 4 or 5 already. I'm hoping they will come.

Yes, he should have a couple by now. Hopefully he'll get a goal today & it'll give him a confidence boost when it comes to finishing.
Can't see many goals coming from our wide players- that would make a hell of a difference.
Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 12:37 - Sep 15 with 3780 viewsCatullus

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 10:56 - Sep 15 by _

Most of our players can play in different positions and late in games teams can't get to grips with who's popping up in different places.

I find it hard to pick a starting 11 or second guess what Potter may go for. The 25/1 is to win it and any team will need a fair amount of luck to come top, but 7 and a half to 1 to go up is decent value I think.

Agreed, so maybe rotation and shuffling are both wrong, we should be saying versatile. One thing for sure, we need McBurnie to stay fit and/or have Wilf firing opn all cylinders. CBR will get some time again I'm sure, but he can't be our only choice if Oli is out for any reason.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 12:39 - Sep 15 with 3779 views_

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 12:14 - Sep 15 by grabsplatter

Yes, he should have a couple by now. Hopefully he'll get a goal today & it'll give him a confidence boost when it comes to finishing.
Can't see many goals coming from our wide players- that would make a hell of a difference.

Dyer will score if given a run.

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 12:41 - Sep 15 with 3776 viewspencoedjack

Stopped reading at ‘I really want Naughton in the side’
Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 12:44 - Sep 15 with 3769 views_

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 12:41 - Sep 15 by pencoedjack

Stopped reading at ‘I really want Naughton in the side’

Doesn't surprise me mate.

But that same Naughton that helped with the 3 points last week....?!

Right......

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 12:50 - Sep 15 with 3752 viewsCatullus

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 12:39 - Sep 15 by _

Dyer score? 65 games and just 3 goals since 2014. I doubt he's the answer, I reckon a low flying seagull is as much of a goal threat or possibly a mole popping up in the 6 yard box!!

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 12:56 - Sep 15 with 3741 viewsyescomeon

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 12:50 - Sep 15 by Catullus

Dyer score? 65 games and just 3 goals since 2014. I doubt he's the answer, I reckon a low flying seagull is as much of a goal threat or possibly a mole popping up in the 6 yard box!!

Got to agree. Don't understand the clamour for Dyer and Narsingh to start. Dyer has always had poor end product and has barely featured for years. Seen nothing from Narsingh in his time here so I've little faith in his ability to do anything at this level.

I'd rather persist with James. His finishing hasn't been great but he looks dangerous and gets in good positions. He's young so hopefully the end product will come with confidence / experience.

Upthecity!

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 13:13 - Sep 15 with 3719 viewspencoedjack

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 12:56 - Sep 15 by yescomeon

Got to agree. Don't understand the clamour for Dyer and Narsingh to start. Dyer has always had poor end product and has barely featured for years. Seen nothing from Narsingh in his time here so I've little faith in his ability to do anything at this level.

I'd rather persist with James. His finishing hasn't been great but he looks dangerous and gets in good positions. He's young so hopefully the end product will come with confidence / experience.

I concur
Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 17:38 - Sep 15 with 3610 viewsOldjack

When it comes to having to play Naughton in the middle ,ffs we have no strength in depth whatsoever ,it's Potter i feel for

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 17:44 - Sep 15 with 3587 viewslidojack

We're over stacked in some areas and paper thin in others. The 3 game a week runs we have in the championship have the potential to tear through this squad.
Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 18:13 - Sep 15 with 3514 viewsJinxy

Personally I thought Naughton did well today. He seems liberated when not in defence. I think Potter could develop him into quite a versatile player. Plus, he has a hell of a shot on him!
Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 19:09 - Sep 15 with 3403 viewspeenemunde

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 12:39 - Sep 15 by _

Why do you say that.
Dyer has never been a goal scorer, and I doubt he’ll become one at the age he is now.
Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 19:16 - Sep 15 with 3382 viewspencoedjack

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 18:13 - Sep 15 by Jinxy

Personally I thought Naughton did well today. He seems liberated when not in defence. I think Potter could develop him into quite a versatile player. Plus, he has a hell of a shot on him!

Seriously?

He gave the ball away at every opportunity plus he’s a coward.

As OldJack said what has the club come to playing Naughton in the defensive midfielder role.
Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 19:23 - Sep 15 with 3368 viewsDarran

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 19:09 - Sep 15 by peenemunde

Why do you say that.
Dyer has never been a goal scorer, and I doubt he’ll become one at the age he is now.

Well he said it because he talks utter bollox.
The amount of people that asked me today who he is is unbelievable.
Everyone of them basically asked me if there is something wrong with him.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 19:44 - Sep 15 with 3299 viewsbuilthjack

We were seriously awful today. Strength? 3 or 4 played well.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 19:49 - Sep 15 with 3278 viewslifelong

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 19:44 - Sep 15 by builthjack

We were seriously awful today. Strength? 3 or 4 played well.

I thought the standard of football, from both sides, was very poor today.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024