Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Louise Speed 10:25 - Sep 17 with 12198 viewsCatullus

She has a book out about Gary Speed, I won't be reading it but it tells us enough to read about his letter home aged 16/17. Speed obviously had a long history of mentall illness. If anyone has thoughts of not wanting to carry on, or go to sleep and not wake up then talk to someone you trust for gawds sake. I've suffered depression and get the odd relapse, don't keep it to yourself, it will only get worse.
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gary-speed-letter-17-

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Louise Speed on 19:46 - Sep 17 with 2186 viewsDarran

Louise Speed on 19:40 - Sep 17 by Uxbridge

Classy Dar. Very classy.

I’ll tell you something else too you couldn’t have a go at him alone for his utterly vile comment because you’re afraid of him.
It’s quite clear that you’re afraid of him in the way you reply to him though in all fairness you’re not the only one.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Louise Speed on 19:51 - Sep 17 with 2171 viewssainthelens

Louise Speed on 11:09 - Sep 17 by _

Darran sucks cock
[Post edited 31 Oct 2018 16:20]

Without doubt that is the most tasteless and brainless thing I've read in a long time.
You really are a piece of work pal.
I've had a family member who took his life due to depression, and for you to call it a ' sick act ' beggars belief.
Louise Speed on 19:59 - Sep 17 with 2156 viewsUxbridge

Louise Speed on 19:46 - Sep 17 by Darran

I’ll tell you something else too you couldn’t have a go at him alone for his utterly vile comment because you’re afraid of him.
It’s quite clear that you’re afraid of him in the way you reply to him though in all fairness you’re not the only one.

His comment was vile.
Your comment was vile.
His comment does not excuse yours.
You're both out of line.
Chrissy is a pussycat. Who'd be scared of him mun.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Louise Speed on 20:04 - Sep 17 with 2142 viewsDarran

Louise Speed on 19:59 - Sep 17 by Uxbridge

His comment was vile.
Your comment was vile.
His comment does not excuse yours.
You're both out of line.
Chrissy is a pussycat. Who'd be scared of him mun.

You.
It’s cringey enough reading your replies to him in here I can’t begin to imagine what they’re like when you’re what’s apping and texting in private.

Louise Speed on 20:20 - Sep 17 with 2095 viewsUxbridge

Louise Speed on 20:04 - Sep 17 by Darran

You.
It’s cringey enough reading your replies to him in here I can’t begin to imagine what they’re like when you’re what’s apping and texting in private.

If that Stoke team thread is anything to go by, I'm not sure we're best buds at the moment.

Sometimes I like him. Sometimes I think he's a bit of a dick. I'm sure the feeling is mutual (or maybe just the last bit). Same goes for you as it goes, as this thread goes to show. I was actually surprised by your comment.

PS if it'll make you feel better I'll WhatsApp you if you give me your number.

Louise Speed on 20:25 - Sep 17 with 2082 viewsDarran

Louise Speed on 20:20 - Sep 17 by Uxbridge

If that Stoke team thread is anything to go by, I'm not sure we're best buds at the moment.

Sometimes I like him. Sometimes I think he's a bit of a dick. I'm sure the feeling is mutual (or maybe just the last bit). Same goes for you as it goes, as this thread goes to show. I was actually surprised by your comment.

It was a term I used it wasn’t meant to offend anyone in a similar way to when you’ve used word ‘mong’ in the past I didn’t think you were trying to offend anyone.

Louise Speed on 20:26 - Sep 17 with 2075 viewsDarran

Louise Speed on 20:20 - Sep 17 by Uxbridge

Oh and you’re not having my number.

Louise Speed on 20:29 - Sep 17 with 2070 viewsUxbridge

Louise Speed on 20:25 - Sep 17 by Darran

It was a term I used it wasn’t meant to offend anyone in a similar way to when you’ve used word ‘mong’ in the past I didn’t think you were trying to offend anyone.

Not that I can recall using that word on here (I like to think my vocabulary of insults is far more interesting) but if you think any such comment is comparable to what you wrote earlier then you're seriously mistaken. You should delete that post.

Login to get fewer ads

Louise Speed on 20:34 - Sep 17 with 2064 viewsDarran

Louise Speed on 20:29 - Sep 17 by Uxbridge

Not that I can recall using that word on here (I like to think my vocabulary of insults is far more interesting) but if you think any such comment is comparable to what you wrote earlier then you're seriously mistaken. You should delete that post.

Why haven’t you told your chum he should delete his?

Louise Speed on 20:34 - Sep 17 with 2063 views_

This is what she said..

“""It’s something I will find hard to forgive Gary for. We were the ones who had to pick up the pieces and what he’d done was grotesque.""

Now haven't suffered with depression so I can't know what it's like or pretend td but non reading that and then the thought of my kids trying to deal with it led me to that comment. If it's offended anyone it wasn't my intention so I will apologise, but it's clear to see there's posters who will look for anything to jump down others throats.

This message board is quite sad and posters like Darran go out of their way to pray on anything they can take advantage of.

So my final comment on this thread will be to say sorry for any offence or hurt caused.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Louise Speed on 20:35 - Sep 17 with 2056 viewsDarran

Louise Speed on 20:34 - Sep 17 by _

This is what she said..

“""It’s something I will find hard to forgive Gary for. We were the ones who had to pick up the pieces and what he’d done was grotesque.""

Now haven't suffered with depression so I can't know what it's like or pretend td but non reading that and then the thought of my kids trying to deal with it led me to that comment. If it's offended anyone it wasn't my intention so I will apologise, but it's clear to see there's posters who will look for anything to jump down others throats.

This message board is quite sad and posters like Darran go out of their way to pray on anything they can take advantage of.

So my final comment on this thread will be to say sorry for any offence or hurt caused.

Well done on the apology.

Louise Speed on 20:40 - Sep 17 with 2036 viewsUxbridge

Louise Speed on 20:34 - Sep 17 by Darran

Why haven’t you told your chum he should delete his?

Because it wasn't he and I having the conversation.

He's just showed considerably more class than you have though.

Louise Speed on 20:44 - Sep 17 with 2023 viewsDarran

Louise Speed on 20:40 - Sep 17 by Uxbridge

Because it wasn't he and I having the conversation.

He's just showed considerably more class than you have though.

He’s classy see.

Louise Speed on 20:56 - Sep 17 with 1982 viewsWabiSabi

This is what she said..

The anguish experienced by someone who has experienced the suicide of a loved one isn't in doubt. It's a desperate time.

The issue here is that the act of suicide isn't *intended* to be "evil" or to generate anguish, in the overwhelming majority of cases.

I have to say The2econdComing, that your apology is very gracious and I hope my post has given you some food for thought.
Louise Speed on 07:28 - Sep 18 with 1811 viewspeenemunde

Louise Speed on 11:09 - Sep 17 by _

Darran sucks cock
[Post edited 31 Oct 2018 16:20]

Mentally, it’s obvious he lost the plot especially during that night he took his own life.
There’s no other way to explain why a relatively young man, who was rich, healthy, had children, attractive wife etc would do such a thing.

As the saying goes “There by the grace of God go i”
Louise Speed on 07:39 - Sep 18 with 1807 viewspeenemunde

Louise Speed on 18:13 - Sep 17 by WabiSabi

Long-time lurker, first-time poster, utter JB here. Had to register just to respond to this thread. I'm a doctor with psychiatric experience, married to a consultant psychiatrist. I'll ignore the usual personality squabbles.

The 2econdComing is completely wrong on this. He seems to think that people with suicidal depression behave rationally. They don't. Depression skews people's thoughts hugely and mainly, negatively.

People, especially men, who commit suicide don't think of the consequences to their loved ones. Men generally go for more violent suicides than women, e.g. shooting themselves or driving the wrong way up the M4 rather than pills and vodka.

Suicidal depression makes people think that they're worthless and nobody will give a stuff how they're found.

The 2econdComing should wind his ill-informed neck in.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2018 18:16]

It seems you are making excuses for someone driving the wrong way up a motorway.

In that situation, my sympathy is with the poor innocent people who may also get killed by such a reckless and criminal act.

Having depression is not a justification to hurt/kill others.
Louise Speed on 09:19 - Sep 18 with 1737 views1983

Another serious sad thread vandalised by coc waving w@nker$

Whats the point of this forum?

Louise Speed on 10:05 - Sep 18 with 1693 viewspeenemunde

Louise Speed on 09:19 - Sep 18 by 1983

Another serious sad thread vandalised by coc waving w@nker$

Whats the point of this forum?

Ok let’s all agree with you then.
End of thread.
Louise Speed on 10:41 - Sep 18 with 1651 viewsJackSomething

Louise Speed on 07:39 - Sep 18 by peenemunde

It seems you are making excuses for someone driving the wrong way up a motorway.

In that situation, my sympathy is with the poor innocent people who may also get killed by such a reckless and criminal act.

Having depression is not a justification to hurt/kill others.

How on earth does that post suggest he's making excuses? He's making the point (presumably from his professional experience) that men tend to commit suicide in more violent ways, not suggesting that it's OK.

That and your comment about why would a rich, successful man with a pretty wife commit suicide suggests you don't know much about depression.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Louise Speed on 10:42 - Sep 18 with 1651 viewsHighjack

Although I have nothing but sympathy for those who suffer and feel like this option is all they have, to then go and do it in such a way knowing you will be found like that by your wife or children is just utterly utterly wrong in every way and I’m not surprised she’s finding it hard to forgive him.

Biggest killer of men under fifty apparently, over 100 a week in this country alone. Surely there’s more that can be done?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Louise Speed on 12:01 - Sep 18 with 1582 viewsperplex

Louise Speed on 19:46 - Sep 17 by Darran

Why be afraid of him, enlighten me.
Louise Speed on 12:09 - Sep 18 with 1578 viewsperplex

This is what she said..

Pooping yourself now I see, your not a guy one would want by there side in a life and death situation that`s for sure.
Louise Speed on 12:10 - Sep 18 with 1577 viewsswan65split

Louise Speed on 10:41 - Sep 18 by JackSomething

How on earth does that post suggest he's making excuses? He's making the point (presumably from his professional experience) that men tend to commit suicide in more violent ways, not suggesting that it's OK.

That and your comment about why would a rich, successful man with a pretty wife commit suicide suggests you don't know much about depression.

The thing is, that nothing is "standard" with depression, symptoms may be there, but no one, not even the experts know what exactly is going on within someones mind, its those that suffer the illness only know, as they live with the illness daily. probably 24/7 for a long time, each case is different .
Louise Speed on 12:32 - Sep 18 with 1553 viewsItchySphincter

Louise Speed on 07:28 - Sep 18 by peenemunde

Mentally, it’s obvious he lost the plot especially during that night he took his own life.
There’s no other way to explain why a relatively young man, who was rich, healthy, had children, attractive wife etc would do such a thing.

As the saying goes “There by the grace of God go i”

It’s a mental illness you dumbo, it can’t be equated to everything in his life he should be happy about. It’s like saying that someone who keeps themselves in good shape shouldn’t get cancer.

He probably committed suicide because he thought the people he was leaving behind would be better off without him. He wouldn’t have seen it as ‘evil’ or selfish because the emotions pushing him at the end would have been far more powerful than rational thought.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Louise Speed on 12:42 - Sep 18 with 1535 viewsCatullus

Louise Speed on 12:10 - Sep 18 by swan65split

The thing is, that nothing is "standard" with depression, symptoms may be there, but no one, not even the experts know what exactly is going on within someones mind, its those that suffer the illness only know, as they live with the illness daily. probably 24/7 for a long time, each case is different .

People who apparently have everything to live for, it turns out in their own minds they have nothing worth living for. People who seem happy and contented who are fighting a demon no one can understand.
Many times I have considered my life and wondered what is the point, wouldn't it be better if I went to sleep and never woke up. At one very low point the only thing stopping me was that my family wouldn't get the life insurance, can you believe that. I wasn't concerned about the emotional impact of killing myself as long as the mortgage was paid.
Many times since I've been feeling low then my 10 yr old son comes in, gives me a cwtch or asks me to do something with him and it chases ths storm clouds away. Without my son, truth be told, I'm not sure I'd still be here.
That is the problem with depression, I reckon if you asked anybody who knew me if I'd thought about suicide they'd say no way. However I come across on here, most people who know me would say I'm calm, stable and usually quite happy. That's because depression is the ultimate con artist, it makes you feel miserable, worthless and pointless but still lets you laugh and joke. Only those very close to you would know something is wrong.
What (on this thread) was probably predictable but sad and depressing in it's own right was the cock waving going on. I wish I'd never bothered posting this now.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024