Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Louise Speed 10:25 - Sep 17 with 12199 viewsCatullus

She has a book out about Gary Speed, I won't be reading it but it tells us enough to read about his letter home aged 16/17. Speed obviously had a long history of mentall illness. If anyone has thoughts of not wanting to carry on, or go to sleep and not wake up then talk to someone you trust for gawds sake. I've suffered depression and get the odd relapse, don't keep it to yourself, it will only get worse.
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gary-speed-letter-17-

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Louise Speed on 12:57 - Sep 18 with 2025 viewsswan65split

Louise Speed on 12:42 - Sep 18 by Catullus

People who apparently have everything to live for, it turns out in their own minds they have nothing worth living for. People who seem happy and contented who are fighting a demon no one can understand.
Many times I have considered my life and wondered what is the point, wouldn't it be better if I went to sleep and never woke up. At one very low point the only thing stopping me was that my family wouldn't get the life insurance, can you believe that. I wasn't concerned about the emotional impact of killing myself as long as the mortgage was paid.
Many times since I've been feeling low then my 10 yr old son comes in, gives me a cwtch or asks me to do something with him and it chases ths storm clouds away. Without my son, truth be told, I'm not sure I'd still be here.
That is the problem with depression, I reckon if you asked anybody who knew me if I'd thought about suicide they'd say no way. However I come across on here, most people who know me would say I'm calm, stable and usually quite happy. That's because depression is the ultimate con artist, it makes you feel miserable, worthless and pointless but still lets you laugh and joke. Only those very close to you would know something is wrong.
What (on this thread) was probably predictable but sad and depressing in it's own right was the cock waving going on. I wish I'd never bothered posting this now.

Thats a very good account, and brave of you to share, I can relate to some of that and also compare it to other people who sadly are not here anymore.
Feeling as not bothered posting is wrong, I think it has shown to some perhaps there is another view to consider in such cases,
Keep strong its your family that count, and deep down will help.
Louise Speed on 13:24 - Sep 18 with 1979 viewsdickythorpe

There's a guy I played rugby with always had to be centre of attention, always telling us how "soft" everyone was and how good he was.
Anyway fast forward a failed marriage later and the guy was nowhere to be seen. Found out he'd tried to top himself and had got sectioned.
Met him at a birthday bash last month and the bloke was a mess. Gone was the bravado and self righteousness.
A massive warning to all that think they are immortal, oh and he had plenty of money by the way and 2 lovely kids
When your "head's gone" your head is truly gone.
Told me he wished he'd been able to calm down and find other interests instead of picking faults and spoiling for fights when he was younger.
I just said at least you can see what you needed to put right and are doing so, and keeping on the right track.
He seemed happy with that but as I say it was a shock to see him.
Louise Speed on 13:28 - Sep 18 with 1973 viewsMrSwansea

I have always wondered how you differentiate between extreme sadness and depression?

this is a serious question and I'm not poking fun.

Arseholes. The lot of you.
Poll: Who has received a pay rise in line with inflation within the last three years?

Louise Speed on 13:49 - Sep 18 with 1941 viewsDarran

Louise Speed on 12:42 - Sep 18 by Catullus

People who apparently have everything to live for, it turns out in their own minds they have nothing worth living for. People who seem happy and contented who are fighting a demon no one can understand.
Many times I have considered my life and wondered what is the point, wouldn't it be better if I went to sleep and never woke up. At one very low point the only thing stopping me was that my family wouldn't get the life insurance, can you believe that. I wasn't concerned about the emotional impact of killing myself as long as the mortgage was paid.
Many times since I've been feeling low then my 10 yr old son comes in, gives me a cwtch or asks me to do something with him and it chases ths storm clouds away. Without my son, truth be told, I'm not sure I'd still be here.
That is the problem with depression, I reckon if you asked anybody who knew me if I'd thought about suicide they'd say no way. However I come across on here, most people who know me would say I'm calm, stable and usually quite happy. That's because depression is the ultimate con artist, it makes you feel miserable, worthless and pointless but still lets you laugh and joke. Only those very close to you would know something is wrong.
What (on this thread) was probably predictable but sad and depressing in it's own right was the cock waving going on. I wish I'd never bothered posting this now.

Pulling someone up on a filthy abhorrent comment isn’t cock waving.

Two interesting points though are that he hasn’t gone back and edited his comment and no Mod has deleted or edited it for him.

Baffling.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Louise Speed on 13:54 - Sep 18 with 1926 viewsHighjack

Louise Speed on 13:28 - Sep 18 by MrSwansea

I have always wondered how you differentiate between extreme sadness and depression?

this is a serious question and I'm not poking fun.

Depression and sadness are two completely seperate yet often conflated things. Many people who suffer get overwhelming highs too.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Louise Speed on 14:08 - Sep 18 with 1909 viewsMrSwansea

Louise Speed on 13:54 - Sep 18 by Highjack

Depression and sadness are two completely seperate yet often conflated things. Many people who suffer get overwhelming highs too.

That is why I'm asking what the difference is. As far as I am aware somebody who has extreme sadness can get extreme highs too? I dont know, but I thought they would be able to.

I am just trying to understand it a bit more.

Arseholes. The lot of you.
Poll: Who has received a pay rise in line with inflation within the last three years?

Louise Speed on 17:57 - Sep 18 with 1809 viewsswan65split

Louise Speed on 13:49 - Sep 18 by Darran

Pulling someone up on a filthy abhorrent comment isn’t cock waving.

Two interesting points though are that he hasn’t gone back and edited his comment and no Mod has deleted or edited it for him.

Baffling.

Line 2 ........
Louise Speed on 22:27 - Sep 18 with 1701 viewsowainglyndwr

Louise Speed on 19:40 - Sep 17 by Uxbridge

Classy Dar. Very classy.

Someone I knew committed suicide.
His wife is very bitter about him or it happening now 5 years on.
Just saying
Login to get fewer ads

Louise Speed on 22:30 - Sep 18 with 1690 viewsUxbridge

Louise Speed on 22:27 - Sep 18 by owainglyndwr

Someone I knew committed suicide.
His wife is very bitter about him or it happening now 5 years on.
Just saying

Read the post I was actually replying to, and then think whether your post really applies.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Louise Speed on 22:38 - Sep 18 with 1681 viewsUxbridge

I think this thread demonstrates perfectly that depression is one of those subjects that it's difficult to understand unless it's something that impacts you personally and it's nigh on impossible to comprehend unless it's somehow affected you.

It's not something that has affected my mental state but I've seen the effects at close hand and frankly when that happens it causes you to learn more and reassess your preconceptions.

Louise Speed's feelings are entirely understandable. Of course they are. Equally it is impossible to understand Gary Speed's feelings and mindset and to judge that mindset ignores the realities of mental illness or depression.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 22:39]

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Louise Speed on 23:58 - Sep 18 with 1632 viewsmajorraglan

Haven’t read the whole thread, but depression and mental ill heath is a massive issue in today’s society. Suicide is the biggest killer of young people aged 20 to 34 and men under 50, frightening stats.

It’s surprising how many people suffer from mental ill-health and how difficult it is to access treatment, from my experience the Mental Services are under resourced and getting help for people is difficult. I know someone who suffers quite badly from from anxiety, things that are normal to most people can have a profound effect on this person, they are unable to see things objectively and it’s as though they are in a dark tunnel where there is no light. Organisations like the Samaritans do a good job.
Louise Speed on 00:00 - Sep 19 with 1631 viewsLoyal

Louise Speed on 12:03 - Sep 17 by _

You're not staggered, you're just being Darren Prosser. It's what you do on here. Try to whip up a storm of hysteria for some perverted self gratification. Sad kunt

Anyway, back to Speed. It said he had no sympathy for people struggling with depression when they seemed to have a lot going for them. I'm not saying that, I'm just saying leaving himself to be found like that by his loved ones, which he knew full well would be the case was quite an evil thing to do.

His wife will never forgive him for that

Reading between the lines I think that Mrs Speed is doing her own justification to clear herself of any blame, for me to profit from his death is nothing short of disgusting.
She should be ashamed.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Louise Speed on 00:05 - Sep 19 with 1627 viewsLoyal

Louise Speed on 19:46 - Sep 17 by Darran

I’ll tell you something else too you couldn’t have a go at him alone for his utterly vile comment because you’re afraid of him.
It’s quite clear that you’re afraid of him in the way you reply to him though in all fairness you’re not the only one.

I think to an extent you are right, I know Chris and for what he is, never everyones cup of tea, but never to be feared. Take it from me, nobody should fear anyone regardless of who they are. It's a life lesson everyone should learn as early as possible.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Louise Speed on 00:11 - Sep 19 with 1618 viewsDarran

Louise Speed on 00:00 - Sep 19 by Loyal

Reading between the lines I think that Mrs Speed is doing her own justification to clear herself of any blame, for me to profit from his death is nothing short of disgusting.
She should be ashamed.

Yeah of course she is.

Gary Speed: Unspoken - The Family's Untold Story, by John Richardson and published by Sport Media, is priced £18.99 and on sale Thursday September 20. Louise Speed is not receiving any proceeds from the book. At her request, we are making a donation to the Heads Together campaign.

This thread is fuçking horrendous. An all time low for Planetswans. How the fuçk is it still here?

Louise Speed on 00:15 - Sep 19 with 1608 viewsLoyal

Louise Speed on 00:11 - Sep 19 by Darran

Yeah of course she is.

Gary Speed: Unspoken - The Family's Untold Story, by John Richardson and published by Sport Media, is priced £18.99 and on sale Thursday September 20. Louise Speed is not receiving any proceeds from the book. At her request, we are making a donation to the Heads Together campaign.

This thread is fuçking horrendous. An all time low for Planetswans. How the fuçk is it still here?

So nobody gets nothing?
She is profiting from his death through media and future benefits of that book.
Its about time you started seeing things for what they are, profit isn't just now its forever.
There is no need for this to be released, its disgusting. They were very unhappy as a couple and if they were not I'm pretty sure Gary Speed would still be alive today.
Wake up people.

Louise Speed on 00:24 - Sep 19 with 1593 viewsDarran

Louise Speed on 00:15 - Sep 19 by Loyal

So nobody gets nothing?
Its about time you started seeing things for what they are, profit isn't just now its forever.
There is no need for this to be released, its disgusting. They were very unhappy as a couple and if they were not I'm pretty sure Gary Speed would still be alive today.
Wake up people.

It might save a life,just one.

I’m out.

Louise Speed on 00:27 - Sep 19 with 1589 viewsLoyal

Louise Speed on 00:24 - Sep 19 by Darran

It might save a life,just one.

I’m out.

May be if more love and attention was given before he died then there would be no need for a book and no grieving for Garry Speed.
Two way street mate.

Louise Speed on 08:22 - Sep 19 with 1506 viewsMrSwerve

Louise Speed on 00:27 - Sep 19 by Loyal

May be if more love and attention was given before he died then there would be no need for a book and no grieving for Garry Speed.
Two way street mate.

Wow.
Just wow.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Louise Speed on 08:23 - Sep 19 with 1505 viewsMrSwerve

Louise Speed on 00:11 - Sep 19 by Darran

Yeah of course she is.

Staggering.

I think the thread should stay though. Some good advice in here as well as some comments that show how truely misunderstood this illness is.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 8:26]

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Louise Speed on 09:18 - Sep 19 with 1478 viewspeenemunde

Louise Speed on 00:27 - Sep 19 by Loyal

Two way street mate.

Are you on drugs ? You must be.
Louise Speed on 09:32 - Sep 19 with 1464 viewspeenemunde

Louise Speed on 13:24 - Sep 18 by dickythorpe

There's a guy I played rugby with always had to be centre of attention, always telling us how "soft" everyone was and how good he was.
Anyway fast forward a failed marriage later and the guy was nowhere to be seen. Found out he'd tried to top himself and had got sectioned.
Met him at a birthday bash last month and the bloke was a mess. Gone was the bravado and self righteousness.
A massive warning to all that think they are immortal, oh and he had plenty of money by the way and 2 lovely kids
When your "head's gone" your head is truly gone.
Told me he wished he'd been able to calm down and find other interests instead of picking faults and spoiling for fights when he was younger.
I just said at least you can see what you needed to put right and are doing so, and keeping on the right track.
He seemed happy with that but as I say it was a shock to see him.

You should have told him to pull himself together ffs.
Louise Speed on 09:42 - Sep 19 with 1452 viewspeenemunde

Louise Speed on 23:58 - Sep 18 by majorraglan

Haven’t read the whole thread, but depression and mental ill heath is a massive issue in today’s society. Suicide is the biggest killer of young people aged 20 to 34 and men under 50, frightening stats.

It’s surprising how many people suffer from mental ill-health and how difficult it is to access treatment, from my experience the Mental Services are under resourced and getting help for people is difficult. I know someone who suffers quite badly from from anxiety, things that are normal to most people can have a profound effect on this person, they are unable to see things objectively and it’s as though they are in a dark tunnel where there is no light. Organisations like the Samaritans do a good job.

Mental illness has no doubt always been around, but it seems a lot more prevalent these days....and a big factor in the increase is the poor diets, people have these days.
Refined carbohydrates with no nutritional value and to much sugar, really has taken the human race into uncharted territory, with mental illness being just one of the evolutionary draw backs.
Louise Speed on 10:50 - Sep 19 with 1408 viewsswan65split

Louise Speed on 08:23 - Sep 19 by MrSwerve

Staggering.

I think the thread should stay though. Some good advice in here as well as some comments that show how truely misunderstood this illness is.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 8:26]

The thread should stay ,some posts removed , as they are now trying to be attention seekers.
Louise Speed on 11:24 - Sep 19 with 1390 viewsCatullus

Louise Speed on 00:15 - Sep 19 by Loyal

So nobody gets nothing?
Wake up people.

Really? How do you know they were unhappy as a couple? Depending on the causes of his depression, saying he'd still be alive is poorly judged.
If you can prove his wife was the cause you might be right, if the cause was anything else, including the possibility of sexual abuse when younger, it may only ever have been a matter of time, it may well be that without his family, Speed would have done it much earlier.
If depression was so easily judged and cured it wouldn't be so prevalent.
On the breakfast news today they were talking about it and how depression in very young people seems to have increased hugely with the rise of social media/internet/mobile phones, electronic gadget general;ly including games consoles. As bad as it is right now, it could just be the tip of the iceberg. I believe (and the doctor agreed) my deprssion was brought about by the onset of poor health. I can't imagine what it's like not to be ble to escape bullying, to have your peers making you feel so worthless and unwanted, even in the "security" of your own home.
If this is progress, if this opening up of the world is so good, why are so many people miserable and seem to take joy in making others miserable?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Louise Speed on 18:23 - Sep 19 with 1309 viewsperplex

Louise Speed on 09:42 - Sep 19 by peenemunde

Mental illness has no doubt always been around, but it seems a lot more prevalent these days....and a big factor in the increase is the poor diets, people have these days.
Refined carbohydrates with no nutritional value and to much sugar, really has taken the human race into uncharted territory, with mental illness being just one of the evolutionary draw backs.

Mental illness has increased because of poor diets ffs what next.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024