Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anyone Miss the Premiership? 21:37 - Sep 17 with 4749 viewsbryanwadesquiff

[Post edited 17 Sep 2018 21:43]
Does anyone Miss the Premiership? on 09:52 - Sep 18 with 996 viewsSwan91

not really... I guess i got too comfortable with us being there for a while... but I am excited more about this team than I have since Laudrup days...... the fact our squad are doing so well in the championship with minimal resources and such a young age... it gives me hope for the future.
Does anyone Miss the Premiership? on 10:03 - Sep 18 with 982 viewsCatullus

I'll support the team whatever the division. There are definitely things about the EPL I don't miss, things about the Championship I prefer but if you're asking would I prefer how we were under Laudrup or under Martinez/Rodgers I'd have to say Laudrup.
Disatisfaction with the EPL grew as we surrendered more and more often and more and more meekly.
To be honest, Man City away, being so cowardly and getting thumped, players just not trying or a manager who'd given up and didn't even get on the bus let alone park it......I'd had enough of that.
The EPL has too much money which is too unfairly distributed, it has taken competition away, made the top teams almost untouchable, that I don't miss.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Does anyone Miss the Premiership? on 10:25 - Sep 18 with 954 viewsGreatBritton

I thought I'd miss comparing my own experience of watching the game with the experience of watching it again on MOTD. Luckily ,so far there's been a lot of TV coverage, but if we continue to slide so it's not going to continue like that and I'll be stuck with just my limited live view (being seated near the pitch down one end means I don't see much of the second half action - when there is any). Of course I enjoy the atmosphere (again when there is any) but for me football is also about views, analysis and punditry.

I've got too much spare time I suppose .

Oh, also, I'm not enjoying this site as much lately. Too much point scoring. I want to see points on the board, but in a different way.
Does anyone Miss the Premiership? on 12:00 - Sep 18 with 926 viewsandrew

100%

Although I am enjoying now, it’ll never be the same. I can see us slowly declining unfortunately because we will never keep our best players. We have no money and I can’t see where we will get any from in the future. Being on the big stage was great even if we were finishing 11-16th.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Does anyone Miss the Premiership? on 12:16 - Sep 18 with 918 viewsperplex

Does anyone Miss the Premiership? on 12:00 - Sep 18 by andrew

100%

Although I am enjoying now, it’ll never be the same. I can see us slowly declining unfortunately because we will never keep our best players. We have no money and I can’t see where we will get any from in the future. Being on the big stage was great even if we were finishing 11-16th.

Miss watching some of the worlds best players in action, but am actually enjoying watching the games in the championship more, doubt it will last to long for its going to be a gradual decline for our club with these headers we have at the helm.
Does anyone Miss the Premiership? on 12:19 - Sep 18 with 917 viewsperplex

Does anyone Miss the Premiership? on 09:52 - Sep 18 by Swan91

not really... I guess i got too comfortable with us being there for a while... but I am excited more about this team than I have since Laudrup days...... the fact our squad are doing so well in the championship with minimal resources and such a young age... it gives me hope for the future.

Mate they will be getting rid of any potential we have as soon as an offer giving them a little profit comes in there is no future.
(No subject) (n/t) on 12:25 - Sep 18 with 904 viewsJFSwan

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:25 - Sep 18 with 904 viewsJFSwan

Login to get fewer ads

Does anyone Miss the Premiership? on 13:10 - Sep 18 with 874 viewsCooperman

No, dont really miss it.

Haven’t watched MOTD, Goals on Sunday etc. yet this season.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 13:11]

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Does anyone Miss the Premiership? on 13:11 - Sep 18 with 873 viewsjack247

Yes I miss the Premier league. What I don’t miss is the ‘0-0 is a good result in any game bar relegation candidates at home’ mentality that infests the bottom half (at least) of the table. Quite understandable with the money at stake, but made for some really awful spectacles.

Up to the point where we succumbed to that cynical mentality and sacrificed our playing style to eek out bore draws with teams that came for the same result, I loved every minute of it.
Does anyone Miss the Premiership? on 13:46 - Sep 18 with 851 viewskarnataka

Does anyone Miss the Premiership? on 08:47 - Sep 18 by Flashberryjack

I'd rather watch us serving up dross in the Premiere League, than watch us serving up dross in the championship.

Can't disagree with that. I think the Forest game was the worst game I've endured for many a season, maybe a decade of them, can't remember tbh because it was that long ago. Amazed the highlights on TV were as long as they were. 2 pretty clueless teams without an ounce of quality between them, stumbling and bumbling their way to a goalless draw. Wonderful stuff. Another half a dozen games like that before Xmas and I can see many ST holders not renewing. At least in the prem there were usually a few talented individuals on show to admire, even if they didn't all play for us.
Does anyone Miss the Premiership? on 14:03 - Sep 18 with 836 viewsBadlands

Makes no difference if we are playing Spurs or Stockport as long as I'm watch I'm watching the Swans.
Always good to be one up one Cardiff though.
A full Liberty can offer as dismal an atmosphere as any.
A half empty Liberty can be as good as anywhere depending in which bit you are in.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Does anyone Miss the Premiership? on 21:32 - Sep 18 with 757 viewscmajack

Does anyone Miss the Premiership? on 21:51 - Sep 17 by WabiSabi

The potential to be the best of the rest while dishing out the occasional bloody nose and watching Wenger, Klopp, Van Gaal and their ilk trying to explain how our bunch of no-hopers outwitted them?

You betcha.

Absolutely spot on. Some of the football in this division is absolutely atrocious. Our performances upsetting some of the so called big clubs will live with us fans forever. Also beating Valencia away was the talk of the country. Plus our first major trophy ever. How can you not miss times like those?.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024