Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryan Woods 22:06 - Sep 18 with 7538 viewsDrGonzo

Not bad.
Ryan Woods on 15:34 - Sep 19 with 1957 viewsomarjack

Hey! You know who I also happen to think they're good players? Eden Hazard and Kevin De Bruyne. Too bad they're not our players, therefore irrelevant to our lives. Just like Turdface Ryan Woods.

Why are we moaning about him now?

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Ryan Woods on 15:35 - Sep 19 with 1951 viewscostalotta

Ryan Woods on 15:21 - Sep 19 by _

""It's funny that those that claim that and other oddities always attempt to make a case based on...not much and a set of excuses""

Well that, and the actual facts of the game...

Woods made 2 tackles and 2 interceptions.
Joe Allen made 4 tackles and 4 interceptions
Grimes made 2 tackles and 1 interception, but was also involved a lot more in the wider central midfield duties and not just sitting on the half way line waiting for it to come to him.

Fantastic. Looks like based on what you've presented as fact that Risca is correct...Woods played better.

PS - Love the way you've added (which have nothing to do with stats)...

" but was also involved a lot more in the wider central midfield duties and not just sitting on the half way line waiting for it to come to him."

Irrelevant!
Ryan Woods on 15:42 - Sep 19 with 1937 viewsLeonWasGod

Ryan Woods on 15:34 - Sep 19 by omarjack

Hey! You know who I also happen to think they're good players? Eden Hazard and Kevin De Bruyne. Too bad they're not our players, therefore irrelevant to our lives. Just like Turdface Ryan Woods.

Why are we moaning about him now?

Hazard and De Bruyne are sh*t though. Grimes and Byers are much better. Or something.

It's never about the actual topic with the Res. It's like having arguments with the Mrs (it's normally over nothing and you can never win even when you're right).
Ryan Woods on 15:44 - Sep 19 with 1934 viewsomarjack

Ryan Woods on 15:42 - Sep 19 by LeonWasGod

Hazard and De Bruyne are sh*t though. Grimes and Byers are much better. Or something.

It's never about the actual topic with the Res. It's like having arguments with the Mrs (it's normally over nothing and you can never win even when you're right).

"I randomly beat you to an opinion, which if you picked if before me I would have opposed it for the f*ck of it"

Human nature.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Ryan Woods on 16:26 - Sep 19 with 1896 views_

Ryan Woods on 15:35 - Sep 19 by costalotta

Fantastic. Looks like based on what you've presented as fact that Risca is correct...Woods played better.

" but was also involved a lot more in the wider central midfield duties and not just sitting on the half way line waiting for it to come to him."

Irrelevant!

Well it's not though is it. Because Grimes made more passes, made more key passes, more crosses, more accurate long balls and generally box to boxed...

Unlike Woods who just sat THE WHOLE GAME....

Maybe you should watch the game and then check the figures, that may help? Maybe not, just trying to help you out here.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Ryan Woods on 16:41 - Sep 19 with 1871 viewsBobbyBacala

Ryan Woods on 16:26 - Sep 19 by _

Well it's not though is it. Because Grimes made more passes, made more key passes, more crosses, more accurate long balls and generally box to boxed...

Maybe you should watch the game and then check the figures, that may help? Maybe not, just trying to help you out here.

It's pretty reductive to compare two players based on one game - we've no idea what their managers had told them to do. For all we know, Rowett told Woods to sit deep and play simple passes. Similarly, we've no idea what Potter would have done with Woods had we signed him and how that would have impacted the rest of the side - there's no guarantee that had he signed for us he'd be playing the same way he does or Stoke, or even the same way Grimes played last night.

Let's stop worrying about players we didn't sign (for whatever reason) and enjoy the ones we've got.
Ryan Woods on 16:49 - Sep 19 with 1861 views_

Ryan Woods on 16:41 - Sep 19 by BobbyBacala

It's pretty reductive to compare two players based on one game - we've no idea what their managers had told them to do. For all we know, Rowett told Woods to sit deep and play simple passes. Similarly, we've no idea what Potter would have done with Woods had we signed him and how that would have impacted the rest of the side - there's no guarantee that had he signed for us he'd be playing the same way he does or Stoke, or even the same way Grimes played last night.

Let's stop worrying about players we didn't sign (for whatever reason) and enjoy the ones we've got.

I agree and that's my point, really.

I knew we'd get the usual suspects drooling over Woods when in fact one of our own youngsters played just as well, probably better.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Ryan Woods on 17:06 - Sep 19 with 1839 viewscostalotta

Ryan Woods on 16:26 - Sep 19 by _

Is.

Are you kidding or is it true, that you don't know much about football?

You just don't get it do you, so can't help you I'm afraid.

Good luck with your posts, keep at it...one day!!
Login to get fewer ads

Ryan Woods on 18:25 - Sep 19 with 1795 viewsBillyChong

Ryan Woods on 13:15 - Sep 19 by _

A thread on Ryan Woods was always going to bring out the usual suspects and you haven't disappointed in this thread, Blaine. You have gone out on a limb ever since we were linked to him so you feel his performance was some kind of vindication. Others like Bonymine were going to chip in because they were able to turn any sort of opinion or viewpoint against the Club.

All very predictable.

But taking away the Summers interest from us and the pre match chat about he could have been ours etc, he had nothing more than a decent showing.

He rarely moved from the safest position on the park but when he did he looked like a fish out of water.

Did I want him, yes, the hype, the other fans praise for him during the close season, lots of things.... But do I think he's worth a huge chunk of what would be our seasons transfer spending, then no, and I'm glad I've had the best chance ever to properly evaluate that decision.

I would say it's highly likely we'll have 4 to 6m to spend on a player come January, if we were willing to go, say 5m for Woods in the Summer, and knowing what we do about our squad now, I don't think he's anything better than what we've got. Carroll could sit there all game and get a 94% completion rate, because Woods doesn't get stuck in, hasn't got a range of passing and offensively he's a dead duck.

I'd say we called this one right, whether that was by luck or judgement, there's nothing that special about him to be blowing a huge chunk of our budget on.

Grimes, superb and you can see what a run of games is doing for him, Naughts as cover in the middle, a real serious understudy. And Byers, who I was hugely impressed by, and couldn't understand why he went off, was another who's put himself right into contention for the rest of the season. All played well yesterday and with Fulton and Fer to come back all is not as bad, far from it, as too many want to make out.

As much as I dislike Joe Allen at the moment, finding him an ungrateful, snidey Dick, well he run the Stoke midfield, not Woods. If there was any man of the match on their side it was him.

My advice to anyone is watch the game and draw your own conclusions, not listen to pathetic pundits who have to think on the spot and can't see the 'Woods' for the trees.

How is watching one performance on the telly ‘the best chance ever to properly evaluate that decision’?
Ryan Woods on 18:49 - Sep 19 with 1783 views_

Ryan Woods on 18:25 - Sep 19 by BillyChong

How is watching one performance on the telly ‘the best chance ever to properly evaluate that decision’?

I meant against your own team

That's the best way to evaluate a player, when they're playing against us. You can watch a bunch of neutral games and not have the same benchmark.

Ryan Woods on 20:56 - Sep 19 with 1745 viewsMattG

He was tidy enough but I was very surprised when he was given MOTM - I'm sure the transfer window shenanigans played some part in that choice.

I'd still take him at Swansea but don't see him as the massive upgrade some others do.
Ryan Woods on 01:20 - Sep 20 with 1694 viewsItchySphincter

Grimes was better, ie, more effective for his team. Take up knitting Risca.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Ryan Woods on 07:56 - Sep 20 with 1657 views34dfgdf54

Ryan Woods on 01:20 - Sep 20 by ItchySphincter

Grimes was better, ie, more effective for his team. Take up knitting Risca.

Another top class input by Itchy, you saying that doesn't make it true, actually it's probably the opposite because you're not the brightest when it comes to football I'm afraid.
Ryan Woods on 08:21 - Sep 20 with 1645 viewsSWANSEYE

Thought our midfield was better to be honest
Ryan Woods on 10:05 - Sep 20 with 1610 viewsBadlands

It is obvious We all see different things during games but I really only noticed Woods in the final 1o minutes or so.
Whoscored gave him 6.8 rating 8 other Stoke players higher.
They agreed with many in here who rated Joe Allen star player.
Grimes, Naughton, Roberts and Carter-Vickers rated higher than Woods.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Ryan Woods on 10:58 - Sep 20 with 1587 views34dfgdf54

Ryan Woods on 10:05 - Sep 20 by Badlands

It is obvious We all see different things during games but I really only noticed Woods in the final 1o minutes or so.
Whoscored gave him 6.8 rating 8 other Stoke players higher.
They agreed with many in here who rated Joe Allen star player.
Grimes, Naughton, Roberts and Carter-Vickers rated higher than Woods.

On reflection I would probably agree with Joe Allen being MOTM, but for me Woods gave him the freedom to press high up the pitch. Woods is never going to score 10 a season, he just does what he does, sits in and breaks up play and his distribution from the limited amount I have seen him is second to none. He keeps the midfield ticking similar to what Leon used to do for us.

Grimes played well, but for me tried the hollywood too many times and lost out on possession, he showed quality aswell, there's no denying that, the turn on the touchline on the far side which took two Stoke players out was top class, but the pick of our midfield for me was Byers, I was surprised when he was taken off, but he was probably feeling it with it being his first game at this level since he was at Watford.
Ryan Woods on 20:07 - Sep 20 with 1505 viewsItchySphincter

Ryan Woods on 08:21 - Sep 20 by SWANSEYE

Thought our midfield was better to be honest

Lots of people did. Risca can’t see it cos he’s not the brightest when it comes to football.

Ryan Woods on 17:28 - Sep 21 with 1382 viewsDrizzy

Ryan Woods on 07:56 - Sep 20 by 34dfgdf54

Another top class input by Itchy, you saying that doesn't make it true, actually it's probably the opposite because you're not the brightest when it comes to football I'm afraid.

Itchy knows absolutely f*ck all, mate. If you're in disagreement with any of his opinions, especially on midfielders, you're on the right lines.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Ryan Woods on 21:40 - Sep 21 with 1310 viewsItchySphincter

Ryan Woods on 15:35 - Sep 19 by costalotta

Irrelevant!

Hahaha! Did you really mean to say that?!

Ryan Woods on 21:43 - Sep 21 with 1306 viewsItchySphincter

Ryan Woods on 17:28 - Sep 21 by Drizzy

Itchy knows absolutely f*ck all, mate. If you're in disagreement with any of his opinions, especially on midfielders, you're on the right lines.

Tell me your thoughts on:

JDG
Leon
Ki
Ferri Bodde

Go on dickhead, I'll wait..............

http://www.maxwellhicks.com/2018/09/21/swans-grow-your-own-strategy-blossoming-u
[Post edited 21 Sep 2018 21:47]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024