Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 52 points / 80 points relegation / promotion progress report 12:51 - Sep 19 with 2434 viewsGlyn1

In the last five seasons 52 points would have been enough to avoid relegation, which is 11 points in every 10 matches.

In the last seasons 80 points would have been enough to get into the play offs, which is 17 points in every 10 matches.

So here are our targets:

After 10 matches: 11 points; 17 points.

After 20 matches: 22; 34.

After 30 matches: 33; 51.

After 40 matches: 44; 68.

After 46 matches: 52 points: 80 points.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 12:53]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The 52 points / 80 points relegation / promotion progress report on 13:18 - Sep 19 with 2377 viewsoldcob

Carry on as we have been and we finish on 69 points, which should see us top half but outside play offs.
The 52 points / 80 points relegation / promotion progress report on 14:03 - Sep 19 with 2317 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The 52 points / 80 points relegation / promotion progress report on 13:18 - Sep 19 by oldcob

Carry on as we have been and we finish on 69 points, which should see us top half but outside play offs.

That said we are expecting the likes of Fer, Celina, Jeff and Bony back. Those 4 could have a massive bearing on how we finish up this season. Fantastic performance by all accounts last night, great to see fringe players standing up and being counted.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The 52 points / 80 points relegation / promotion progress report on 15:46 - Sep 19 with 2223 viewsLeonWasGod

The 52 points / 80 points relegation / promotion progress report on 14:03 - Sep 19 by Brynmill_Jack

That said we are expecting the likes of Fer, Celina, Jeff and Bony back. Those 4 could have a massive bearing on how we finish up this season. Fantastic performance by all accounts last night, great to see fringe players standing up and being counted.

I'm not expecting Bony back. I imagine Jeff'll only play the equivalent of 1 game in 10 too (mind you he'll make a difference in the little time he is on the pitch).

Need Celina to find his mojo - he was a threat last year, but hasn't really got going yet (despite looking lively). And Ollie needs some help (I'd love that to be Bony, but just can't see it).

McKay can be a threat and make things happen - need him to re-find his form of the first match.

If all that comes off, we'll have a half decent season.
The 52 points / 80 points relegation / promotion progress report on 15:58 - Sep 19 with 2208 viewsyescomeon

I threw this together just now as I was bored. It's a graph of the OP.

I used the points from all seasons back to the 1992-93 First Division season, which I think was the first to have the playoffs and is the start of the Premier league era (i.e. when football was invented).

Green line is the average points of champions across those seasons, blue line is like said for the team in automatic promotion spot, red line - last playoff spot, magenta line - last relegation spot. The lighter shaded areas are the extreme points values (i.e. lowest/highest points of champions/promoted/playoff/relegated) and the darker shaded areas are the average deviation from average points values. The solid black line is our points total and the dashed black line is the current points per game projected to the end of the season.

As it stands, on our current points per game ratio we'd have an outside shot at the playoffs.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 17:18]

Upthecity!

The 52 points / 80 points relegation / promotion progress report on 16:21 - Sep 19 with 2172 viewsMrSwerve

The 52 points / 80 points relegation / promotion progress report on 15:58 - Sep 19 by yescomeon

I used the points from all seasons back to the 1992-93 First Division season, which I think was the first to have the playoffs and is the start of the Premier league era (i.e. when football was invented).

Green line is the average points of champions across those seasons, blue line is like said for the team in automatic promotion spot, red line - last playoff spot, magenta line - last relegation spot. The lighter shaded areas are the extreme points values (i.e. lowest/highest points of champions/promoted/playoff/relegated) and the darker shaded areas are the average deviation from average points values. The solid black line is our points total and the dashed black line is the current points per game projected to the end of the season.

As it stands, on our current points per game ratio we'd have an outside shot at the playoffs.

Crikey it’s like Davillin on steroids!

I miss Dav’s stats.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The 52 points / 80 points relegation / promotion progress report on 16:30 - Sep 19 with 2169 viewsGlyn1

The 52 points / 80 points relegation / promotion progress report on 15:58 - Sep 19 by yescomeon

Wow! That's fantastic. It definitely deserves its own thread. (Your spellchecker has confused board and bored.)
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 16:31]

The 52 points / 80 points relegation / promotion progress report on 17:17 - Sep 19 with 2113 viewsyescomeon

The 52 points / 80 points relegation / promotion progress report on 16:30 - Sep 19 by Glyn1

Wow! That's fantastic. It definitely deserves its own thread. (Your spellchecker has confused board and bored.)
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 16:31]

Perhaps it was a Freudian slip.

Upthecity!

The 52 points / 80 points relegation / promotion progress report on 17:28 - Dec 2 with 1748 viewsGlyn1

So after 20 matches, any team with 22 points or fewer should be worried about possible relegation. That's 17th place Preston downwards including our next opponents, Brentford.

Any team with 34 points or higher is in the promotion zone, i.e. 7th placed Derby and higher.

And at 13th place and 26 points we are still a mid-table side.

Login to get fewer ads

The 52 points / 80 points relegation / promotion progress report on 20:23 - Dec 2 with 1614 viewsCaptain_Sham

The 52 points / 80 points relegation / promotion progress report on 17:28 - Dec 2 by Glyn1

So after 20 matches, any team with 22 points or fewer should be worried about possible relegation. That's 17th place Preston downwards including our next opponents, Brentford.

Any team with 34 points or higher is in the promotion zone, i.e. 7th placed Derby and higher.

And at 13th place and 26 points we are still a mid-table side.

Any team with less than however many points it takes to stay up should be worried about possible relegation. Table makes sense after 46 games and not before.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2018 20:24]

Its just a ride.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024