Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack's 14:37 - Sep 19 with 4127 viewswestside

Tesco new budget supermarket chain

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/tesco-opens-discount-store-jacks-to-take-on
Jack's on 14:55 - Sep 19 with 3305 views3swan

Oh well, the name is close enough to be our next sponsor
Jack's on 15:56 - Sep 19 with 3250 viewsCatullus

8 out of 10 items made or grown in the UK, good for the UK economy? Maybe it's just a sensible "I'm alright Jack" brexit strategy,

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Jack's on 16:55 - Sep 19 with 3208 viewsKGriz16

Why not just have the cheaper food at Tesco? Or am I missing something here..
Jack's on 17:13 - Sep 19 with 3182 viewshobo

Jack's on 16:55 - Sep 19 by KGriz16

Capitalism.

It's people thinking up new ideas that are massive wastes of money, just to justify their job
Jack's on 18:00 - Sep 19 with 3144 viewsPozuelosSideys

It's about increasing market share. Tesco already have a fairly stable % of the market based on their current customer demographic and don't wish to threaten it. However, the likes of lidl and Aldi are the ones increasing market share due to being cheap and cheerful. Jack's is just another, cheaper brand which is to compete with these two rather than Tesco.

So if Tesco share stays flat and Jack's can take away a bit of market share from competitors then the Tesco parent company increases overall %
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 18:01]

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Jack's on 18:18 - Sep 19 with 3118 viewsProfessor

Jack's on 18:00 - Sep 19 by PozuelosSideys

It's about increasing market share. Tesco already have a fairly stable % of the market based on their current customer demographic and don't wish to threaten it. However, the likes of lidl and Aldi are the ones increasing market share due to being cheap and cheerful. Jack's is just another, cheaper brand which is to compete with these two rather than Tesco.

So if Tesco share stays flat and Jack's can take away a bit of market share from competitors then the Tesco parent company increases overall %
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 18:01]

The plan seems to centre on ‘ghost stores’ where Tesco was planning or even built a store (like Chatteris which opened today) or to convert ‘Metro’ stores in poorer urban areas where Lidl and Aldi are often a smaller presence as they have tended to be small town or edge/out-of-town stores. Both Aldi and Lidl were planning to increasingly target this market.
Jack's on 18:19 - Sep 19 with 3115 viewsPozuelosSideys

Jack's on 18:18 - Sep 19 by Professor

The plan seems to centre on ‘ghost stores’ where Tesco was planning or even built a store (like Chatteris which opened today) or to convert ‘Metro’ stores in poorer urban areas where Lidl and Aldi are often a smaller presence as they have tended to be small town or edge/out-of-town stores. Both Aldi and Lidl were planning to increasingly target this market.

Tesco have tried this model before haven't they and it tanked? I'm sure in true British style they went down the cheap but shite quality route and it burned. The Germans have shown you can do both cheap and quality

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Jack's on 18:50 - Sep 19 with 3090 viewslonglostjack

I hope they open plenty of shops in Cardiff.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

Jack's on 20:01 - Sep 19 with 3037 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Tesco started in the UK as s discount store.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Jack's on 20:29 - Sep 19 with 3006 viewsCatullus

I regularly shop in our local Lidl and it's cheaper than Tesco and Asda and usually better quality too. The fruit is fresher and less damaged. Lidl and Aldi both have decent stuff in the specials aisle too.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Jack's on 20:34 - Sep 19 with 2992 viewsScottishEddie

Jack's on 20:01 - Sep 19 by JACKMANANDBOY

Tesco started in the UK as s discount store.

It started as a market stall.

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

Jack's on 20:43 - Sep 19 with 2982 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Jack's on 20:34 - Sep 19 by ScottishEddie

It started as a market stall.

Yes Cohen started as a market trader and started the supermarket as a discount store favouring self service.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 20:45]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Jack's on 20:55 - Sep 19 with 2960 viewswaynekerr55

Jack's on 20:29 - Sep 19 by Catullus

I regularly shop in our local Lidl and it's cheaper than Tesco and Asda and usually better quality too. The fruit is fresher and less damaged. Lidl and Aldi both have decent stuff in the specials aisle too.

Spot on. Aldi for the majority of things then Waitrose for the odd tit bits I can't get

Free coffee and paper too 👍👍👍

Roll on next summer when Costco opens

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Jack's on 21:26 - Sep 19 with 2931 viewsDr_Winston

Jack's on 20:29 - Sep 19 by Catullus

I've never bought fruit or veg in an Aldi or Lidl that lasted anything like as long as Tescos.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jack's on 22:27 - Sep 19 with 2855 viewsBrynCartwright

Any normal sized Tesco will offer 30 types of pasta of varying shapes, brands, colours and types. A discounter like jacks will offer 5 tops. They are just simpler, and therefore staff wise, cheaper stores to run.
Queuing at check-out in Lidl or Aldi is also a bind, with everyone gawping at the shite you've bought.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Jack's on 23:25 - Sep 19 with 2830 viewsmajorraglan

Jack's on 21:26 - Sep 19 by Dr_Winston

I've never bought fruit or veg in an Aldi or Lidl that lasted anything like as long as Tescos.

I totally agree and have often thought the same. I do most of my. Shopping at Lidl, Aldi and some stuff comes from Home Bargains, I also use Morrison’s for the stuff I can’t get elsewhere and my apples.
Jack's on 23:27 - Sep 19 with 2828 viewsCooperman

I concur.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Jack's on 09:57 - Sep 20 with 2719 viewswaynekerr55

Jack's on 22:27 - Sep 19 by BrynCartwright

Any normal sized Tesco will offer 30 types of pasta of varying shapes, brands, colours and types. A discounter like jacks will offer 5 tops. They are just simpler, and therefore staff wise, cheaper stores to run.
Queuing at check-out in Lidl or Aldi is also a bind, with everyone gawping at the shite you've bought.

I find it great. Refill the trolley and pack on the benches. Far quicker

Jack's on 18:58 - Sep 20 with 2619 viewsDr_Winston

Jack's on 23:25 - Sep 19 by majorraglan

I totally agree and have often thought the same. I do most of my. Shopping at Lidl, Aldi and some stuff comes from Home Bargains, I also use Morrison’s for the stuff I can’t get elsewhere and my apples.

I tend to shop mostly at Tesco or ASDA and use Aldi or Lidl for a change now and again. Some of the cheaper own brand booze is worth the trip to the Germans for.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jack's on 19:05 - Sep 20 with 2607 viewslondonlisa2001

One person queued up outside the first store at 3am to be first in.

It’s unbelievable that anyone would consider doing that.
Jack's on 19:21 - Sep 20 with 2598 viewspikeypaul

Jack's on 22:27 - Sep 19 by BrynCartwright

They aborted that strategy about 3 years ago.

The freshly baked bread in Tesco has a maximum use by date of 1 day and is terrible.I now instruct the good lady never to go there.

Aldi covers all bases and is far better quality than Tesco for fruit and veg,not fussed to much on most Lidl products .

But both do superb deals on the wine and ale.

I get her when entering to go film the wine selection on her iPhone and send it to me ,she then gets on with the shopping and by the time she's finished I phone her with what I want,the wine is always by the tills in Aldi and Lidl's for a reason,thank me later lads for that tip.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2018 19:28]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Jack's on 22:51 - Sep 20 with 2534 viewsElward

Jack's on 20:55 - Sep 19 by waynekerr55

Spot on. Aldi for the majority of things then Waitrose for the odd tit bits I can't get

Free coffee and paper too 👍👍👍

Roll on next summer when Costco opens

Costco opening where? Havn't seen any news of one?
Jack's on 07:26 - Sep 21 with 2480 viewswaynekerr55

Jack's on 22:51 - Sep 20 by Elward

Costco opening where? Havn't seen any news of one?

Stevenage

When I lived in Watford I had one a similar distance away from chez Kerr, thankfully they've started building one by me as a 7 minute drive is easier than 40 minutes to Watford

Jack's on 07:33 - Sep 21 with 2479 viewsN_T_J

Aldi's and Lidi's I avoid both, id rather pay extra for better quality food, I just dont get the hype, plus the russhing to bag all your thjngs in to a bag at record speed.
Jack's on 07:50 - Sep 21 with 2465 viewsGowerjack

Do you think that's a good thing?

Or has the produce been grown specifically to look good and last a long time to maximise the supermarkets profits at the expense of how it tastes.

Then have a think about how they might achieve that...

Then again well all be eating chlorinated chicken and hormone fuelled beef if the fûckwit brexiteers get their way.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024