Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack's 14:37 - Sep 19 with 4130 viewswestside

Tesco new budget supermarket chain

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/tesco-opens-discount-store-jacks-to-take-on
Jack's on 07:54 - Sep 21 with 794 viewstrinityann

Jack's on 07:33 - Sep 21 by N_T_J

Aldi's and Lidi's I avoid both, id rather pay extra for better quality food, I just dont get the hype, plus the russhing to bag all your thjngs in to a bag at record speed.

I won't do full shop at Tesco again after got stung with low three figure sum last month. It caused an argument with my partner.

Now I use Lidl's and Home Bargains first, meat from local butcher and fresh fruit and veg either from market or Morrison's(I personally find the fresh stuff better than the other supermarkets). Shopping bill is down about £40 compared to shopping at one place.

Tesco have jumped on the boat to late regarding Jack's and will still have Tesco stigma behind it.
Jack's on 09:03 - Sep 21 with 756 viewswaynekerr55

Aldi's and Lidi's I avoid both, id rather pay extra for better quality food, I just dont get the hype, plus the russhing to bag all your thjngs in to a bag at record speed.

Rushing to bag? Just put the food in the trolley and go to the bench, mun

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Jack's on 10:18 - Sep 21 with 735 viewsgadgetuk

I really don't get your argument, where is the food better? Sainsbury's, Tesco's? Because it's not. Recent recalls on products show that Aldi and Lidl's food comes from the same suppliers. It's about as accurate as the argument that Wetherspoons beer is cheaper because it's short dated(It isn't).

Aldi and Lidl are cheaper and their own brand produce is generally as good as named brands. Their wine ranges are excellent and keenly priced.

I also prefer to shop there because their staff get a decent wage compared to the big supermarkets
Jack's on 10:56 - Sep 21 with 728 viewspikeypaul

gadgetuk,you are 100% correct.

Aldi fruit and veg and meat is just ad good if not better than the likes of Tesco.

The out of date,quality nonsense is put about by the clueless who probably have never shopped in Aldi or drunk in Weatherspoons and have a vested interest.
Also the Young staff seem a lot happier in their jobs than the middle aged large ass women you find on the tills at Tesco,Sainsburys,etc.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Jack's on 12:46 - Sep 21 with 716 viewsN_T_J

Jack's on 10:18 - Sep 21 by gadgetuk

I really don't get your argument, where is the food better? Sainsbury's, Tesco's? Because it's not. Recent recalls on products show that Aldi and Lidl's food comes from the same suppliers. It's about as accurate as the argument that Wetherspoons beer is cheaper because it's short dated(It isn't).

Aldi and Lidl are cheaper and their own brand produce is generally as good as named brands. Their wine ranges are excellent and keenly priced.

I also prefer to shop there because their staff get a decent wage compared to the big supermarkets

Tried Aldis and Lidis branded food and for me its not all that, Id rather pay for branded stuff, yes the branded stuff is nicer, M&S food is quality, and Sainsburys stuff is ok.
Jack's on 12:48 - Sep 21 with 715 viewsN_T_J

Jack's on 10:18 - Sep 21 by gadgetuk

Also I dont drink so the wine ect makes no difference to me.
Jack's on 08:28 - Sep 22 with 645 viewsDr_Winston

Jack's on 07:50 - Sep 21 by Gowerjack

Do you think that's a good thing?

Or has the produce been grown specifically to look good and last a long time to maximise the supermarkets profits at the expense of how it tastes.

Then have a think about how they might achieve that...

Then again well all be eating chlorinated chicken and hormone fuelled beef if the fûckwit brexiteers get their way.

The taste is no different and major supermarket fruit will last a couple of weeks in the fridge as opposed to a couple of days for Lidl or Aldi.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jack's on 08:49 - Sep 22 with 635 viewsPawelAbbott

Jack's on 20:55 - Sep 19 by waynekerr55

Spot on. Aldi for the majority of things then Waitrose for the odd tit bits I can't get

Free coffee and paper too 👍👍👍

Roll on next summer when Costco opens

I wouldn’t get excited about Costco.
You end up spending a fortune in there. You go in for a couple of things and end up with a years supply of toilet roll and ketchup that looked too cheap to miss.
I’ve got a 2 litre bottle of Worcester sauce in the house that should do me for about 50 years
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024