Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Strongest XI 18:18 - Sep 19 with 6519 viewsjasper_T

We've used 25 players in the league in only 8 games this season, which is a remarkable number (in the Premier League we usually went through 21/22 every half season). Usually when that happens you'd assume the manager is a bit clueless and doesn't know who his good players are, but maybe the excessive injury issues we've had tell a different story.

We've had a good look at lots of them now, so if everyone was fit who actually makes it into our best 11 (or matchday 18)? How badly would we destroy the league if the team got a run of games?
Our Strongest XI on 18:24 - Sep 19 with 3559 viewsoldcob

Mulder, Roberts, VDH, Rodon, Olsson, Grimes, Fer, Celina, McKay, Ollie, Montero (he'll hardly be fit though), so Narsingh.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 18:28]
Our Strongest XI on 18:35 - Sep 19 with 3529 viewsjasper_T

My picks:

--------------- Mulder
Roberts -- vdH -- Rodon -- Olsson
- Naughton -- Fer -- Grimes
-- Celina -- McBurnie -- James

Bench: Nordfeldt, CCV, Fulton, Byers, Routledge, Montero, Bony
Our Strongest XI on 18:56 - Sep 19 with 3473 viewsperplex

Our Strongest XI on 18:24 - Sep 19 by oldcob

Mulder, Roberts, VDH, Rodon, Olsson, Grimes, Fer, Celina, McKay, Ollie, Montero (he'll hardly be fit though), so Narsingh.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 18:28]

Wonder how much the owners will be hoping to get for quite a few of them in January.
Our Strongest XI on 20:27 - Sep 19 with 3381 viewsBadlands

Some changes have been forced but others not.
I like teams to be quite set TBH players need time to get to know each other in real games and time to develop understandings.
But, the positive is Potter now knows he has a full squad of players who are more Han capable of doing well.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Our Strongest XI on 20:48 - Sep 19 with 3341 views34dfgdf54

Our Strongest XI on 18:35 - Sep 19 by jasper_T

My picks:

--------------- Mulder
Roberts -- vdH -- Rodon -- Olsson
- Naughton -- Fer -- Grimes
-- Celina -- McBurnie -- James

Bench: Nordfeldt, CCV, Fulton, Byers, Routledge, Montero, Bony

Naughton would start in midfield with everyone fit? I suppose that shows how well he has done, for anyone to even contemplate that.

I’d go:

......................Mulder....................
...........VDH......Vickers.......Rodon......
Roberts...................................Ollson
............Fer....Celina....Fulton............
..............Mcburnie......Bony..............

Subs - Nordfelt, Naughton, Byers, Routledge, Montero, Carroll, Mckay

That’s off the cuff, I can’t see how we could leave out Bony when fit. Harsh on Naughton, Dyer and Routs aswell.
Our Strongest XI on 20:54 - Sep 19 with 3325 viewsFireboy2

Our Strongest XI on 18:56 - Sep 19 by perplex

Wonder how much the owners will be hoping to get for quite a few of them in January.

There are a quite a few people who are burrying their heads in the sand about this subject

They jump over people who mention it but believe me its going to happen

They dont give a flying fvck on where we are position wise,its lucky we are doing quite well and thats soley down to HP and his team,the yanks only want to make money for the 28 leeches

What gets me is what is it going to take to for people to realise what the yanks are in it for
Our Strongest XI on 21:00 - Sep 19 with 3312 viewsbuilthjack

Our Strongest XI on 20:54 - Sep 19 by Fireboy2

There are a quite a few people who are burrying their heads in the sand about this subject

They dont give a flying fvck on where we are position wise,its lucky we are doing quite well and thats soley down to HP and his team,the yanks only want to make money for the 28 leeches

What gets me is what is it going to take to for people to realise what the yanks are in it for

They are parasites

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Our Strongest XI on 22:06 - Sep 19 with 3235 viewsjasper_T

Our Strongest XI on 20:48 - Sep 19 by 34dfgdf54

Naughton would start in midfield with everyone fit? I suppose that shows how well he has done, for anyone to even contemplate that.

I’d go:

That’s off the cuff, I can’t see how we could leave out Bony when fit. Harsh on Naughton, Dyer and Routs aswell.

I'd put Naughton in there because he'd allow Potter to tinker with the shape during games, we've looked best with an extra worker in midfield (as opposed to the second out-and-out winger), and the alternatives are Carroll and Fulton.

Given a few more games to adapt to senior football I can see Byers forcing himself into the first team.
Login to get fewer ads

Our Strongest XI on 22:13 - Sep 19 with 3217 views34dfgdf54

Our Strongest XI on 22:06 - Sep 19 by jasper_T

I'd put Naughton in there because he'd allow Potter to tinker with the shape during games, we've looked best with an extra worker in midfield (as opposed to the second out-and-out winger), and the alternatives are Carroll and Fulton.

Given a few more games to adapt to senior football I can see Byers forcing himself into the first team.

Yeah can understand your thinking definitely.

Is Byers mainly a ten, or box to box? Yesterday was the first time I’ve seen him play.
Our Strongest XI on 22:18 - Sep 19 with 3207 viewsFireboy2

Our Strongest XI on 22:13 - Sep 19 by 34dfgdf54

Is Byers mainly a ten, or box to box? Yesterday was the first time I’ve seen him play.

Had a good chat with georges brother last night

He was buzzing at being at his brothers debut and george didnt let him down

I think we are going to see alot of him this season
Our Strongest XI on 22:27 - Sep 19 with 3175 viewsjasper_T

Our Strongest XI on 22:13 - Sep 19 by 34dfgdf54

He's best as a 10. Got a poacher's instinct in the box, links well with strikers. But he's played deeper for the u23s at times, either by necessity or as an experiment/for experience (Maric at 10 was a disaster).

He's not really got the engine to play box to box but he does work hard and put himself about (few good tackles last night).
Our Strongest XI on 23:26 - Sep 19 with 3111 viewsBadlands

Our Strongest XI on 22:27 - Sep 19 by jasper_T

He's best as a 10. Got a poacher's instinct in the box, links well with strikers. But he's played deeper for the u23s at times, either by necessity or as an experiment/for experience (Maric at 10 was a disaster).

He's not really got the engine to play box to box but he does work hard and put himself about (few good tackles last night).

Right about Maric - a good defensive midfield player in my opinion. Would like to see him given time in front of Hoorn & Rodon.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Our Strongest XI on 23:46 - Sep 19 with 3092 viewsdameedna

Mulder
Roberts VDH Rodon Olsson
Naughton Fer Grimes Celina Montero
McBurnie
Our Strongest XI on 00:28 - Sep 20 with 3057 views_

Our Strongest XI on 20:48 - Sep 19 by 34dfgdf54

I’d go:

You can't have Roberts and Olsson doing our creative wide work for us, we'd never get any service to Bony and McBurnie.

With the amount of true wingers we've got, the first task for us as managers in this thread is to at least accommodate 2 of them.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Our Strongest XI on 02:08 - Sep 20 with 3017 viewsJack59

The yanks should be getting serious criticism and pressure from all directions, but sadly only a few thousand out of the 18,000 regular attendees give a damn.
I'd like to think that in January, when the Yanks sell our best players and provide inferior replacements, things may reach a tipping point for a few thousand more fans.

I would be happy to see plans put in place now, for a long running and persistent campaign, aiming to toxify the clubs owners in the eyes of existing and prospective investors.
Our Strongest XI on 03:59 - Sep 20 with 2995 viewsLoyal

This is many people's concern.
Mine is the violence and upheaval we will see if it's evident they are asset stripping when we could be returning to the Premier league in style.
Yanks be warned.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Our Strongest XI on 05:17 - Sep 20 with 2969 viewsKilkennyjack

Mulder

Roberts
Rodon
VdH
Olsson

Fer
Celina

Dyer
Routs
Jefferson

Wilf

Back to the future ?

Beware of the Risen People

Our Strongest XI on 06:45 - Sep 20 with 2956 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Really? Sauce?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Our Strongest XI on 07:19 - Sep 20 with 2925 viewsFireboy2

Our Strongest XI on 06:45 - Sep 20 by Brynmill_Jack

Really? Sauce?

You serious BJ?
Our Strongest XI on 07:31 - Sep 20 with 2908 viewsCaptain_Sham

Our Strongest XI on 18:56 - Sep 19 by perplex

Change the record you fking dipshyt.

Its just a ride.

Our Strongest XI on 07:47 - Sep 20 with 2893 views34dfgdf54

Our Strongest XI on 00:28 - Sep 20 by _

You can't have Roberts and Olsson doing our creative wide work for us, we'd never get any service to Bony and McBurnie.

With the amount of true wingers we've got, the first task for us as managers in this thread is to at least accommodate 2 of them.

To be honest I was just trying to accomodate Bony, if he's fit, he surely must play, and you can't exactly drop McBurnie.

You're probably right though, I love us to have out and out wingers, but as of yet Asoro hasn't performed and apart from against Sheffield Utd Mckay hasn't either. Montero would always come on from the bench for me.
Our Strongest XI on 15:18 - Sep 20 with 2736 viewsmynamesjeff1

Mulder
Roberts VDH Rodon Olssen
Fer Celina
Narsingh Byers Montero
Bony

But as we will never see Nars play for us again I’d maybe go James
Our Strongest XI on 15:24 - Sep 20 with 2730 viewsawayjack

Our Strongest XI on 03:59 - Sep 20 by Loyal

This is many people's concern.
Mine is the violence and upheaval we will see if it's evident they are asset stripping when we could be returning to the Premier league in style.
Yanks be warned.

I’m not sure how much more evidence we need? Maybe people get confused by definition of a firesale. So to keep it simple if players are out main asset...
- Did we sell any players of value we were able to - yes.
- Would we have sold more if fitness permitted - yes.
- Will we sell any players of any value in January - yes.
Our Strongest XI on 16:36 - Sep 20 with 2659 viewsjasper_T

Our Strongest XI on 15:24 - Sep 20 by awayjack

I’m not sure how much more evidence we need? Maybe people get confused by definition of a firesale. So to keep it simple if players are out main asset...
- Did we sell any players of value we were able to - yes.
- Would we have sold more if fitness permitted - yes.
- Will we sell any players of any value in January - yes.

Did we sell everyone we had an offer for? No.
Did we sell any young players on small contracts? No.
Did we spend money on players to strengthen the squad? Yes.
Our Strongest XI on 17:38 - Sep 20 with 2595 viewsawayjack

Our Strongest XI on 16:36 - Sep 20 by jasper_T

Did we sell everyone we had an offer for? No.
Did we sell any young players on small contracts? No.
Did we spend money on players to strengthen the squad? Yes.

Jesus wept how naive are you? Obviously very close to the club so perhaps more of a vested interest if you’ve convinced yourself we strengthened our squad and didn’t sell most fit players of value. Who are the players we turned down serious offers for?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024