Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 Years Ago This Evening 23:19 - Sep 19 with 11340 viewsCooperman

Valencia 0 - 3 Swansea

Where were you? I wasn't fortunate enough to make it out there and didn't even see the game on TV. Stepped off a flight at Heathrow to find us 3-0 up and that moment still gives me goosebumps. I was that gobsmacked that I couldn't even explain the enormity of it to my anti football colleague.

The JDG free kick - absolute class.

Please don't let this descend into the dross of what's happened since then; enough has already been written about that. Instead let's hear your stories.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

5 Years Ago This Evening on 23:34 - Sep 19 with 9054 viewsbuilthjack

Fantastic memories. We did some crazy long cheap road trips, including this one. Also St Gallen.
And flew to Bari for the Napoli match and went by road from there.
Cheapskates lol.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

5 Years Ago This Evening on 23:41 - Sep 19 with 9041 viewsBLAZE

Back row of the Mestalla, felt on top of the world. All been downhill since then and I'm not talking football

Very very happy memories though
5 Years Ago This Evening on 23:45 - Sep 19 with 9027 viewsmajorraglan

Must have been a hell of a trip. I watched it on tv with my eldest, we were just amazed to see the team sticking it to Valencia and the noise of the support was amazing, top top result.
5 Years Ago This Evening on 00:03 - Sep 20 with 8986 viewsjack2jack

Watched it on the tv at home,fantastic night, was so proud of the team that evening,will we ever see the like again.
Not the most riveting account,but one that will live long in the memory I'm sure.
Bloody hell 5 years ago,time flies
5 Years Ago This Evening on 00:22 - Sep 20 with 8986 viewsmalagajack

Got the flight up from malaga on the day with my best mate, who is sadly no longer with us.Had litre glasses of Guinness in the airport, saw a few other swans fans there, on arrival at our hotel there was a bar next door and then a hairdresser, to cut a long story short my mate Steve dragged me into the hairdresser and a while later we both came out peroxide blonde. Went to the match, I had bought the tickets locally so we were sat close to the dugout got a nice pic of Gerhard after calling to him for a photo. Had a good chat with the locals sat next to us, super friendly, watched the protests outside after the game from a bar then went back to the plaza to celebrate. Fantastic night for so many reasons
5 Years Ago This Evening (n/t) (n/t) on 00:22 - Sep 20 with 8984 viewsmalagajack

[Post edited 20 Sep 2018 0:23]
5 Years Ago This Evening on 02:26 - Sep 20 with 8912 viewsE20Jack

Parts of the Mestalla were applauding that 3rd goal.

Rightly so too. Michu and Bony were on a different planet to anything we had seen at the club. World class in my opinion.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

5 Years Ago This Evening on 04:02 - Sep 20 with 8917 viewsLoyal

Finest away trip ever.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Login to get fewer ads

5 Years Ago This Evening on 04:34 - Sep 20 with 8904 viewsAguycalledJack

Great trip.
5 Years Ago This Evening on 06:51 - Sep 20 with 8860 viewsawayjack

Match was the absolute peak. Result and style of play that he Europe talking about us. What a squad we had then.
5 Years Ago This Evening on 07:15 - Sep 20 with 8833 viewsFireboy2

5 Years Ago This Evening on 06:51 - Sep 20 by awayjack

Match was the absolute peak. Result and style of play that he Europe talking about us. What a squad we had then.

Spot on AJ

We were the talk of europe

Seems longer than 5 years to me after the amount of sh!t we have been through

Will never forget that side we had.and the way it played
5 Years Ago This Evening on 07:28 - Sep 20 with 8821 viewsmarchamjack

Roasting evening

Only time I’ve seen someone sunbathing in a bikini at a football stadium 😀

Went down to the seafront during the day and sat overlooking the med with beers

In the evening post match singing with Trundle in that square where everyone met up and that bar which was literally rocking with Swans fans.

What an evening. What a trip.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

5 Years Ago This Evening on 07:58 - Sep 20 with 8782 views34dfgdf54

I'll always regret not going to that one.

What a team that was, class.
5 Years Ago This Evening on 08:04 - Sep 20 with 8779 viewsJinxy

5 Years Ago This Evening on 00:22 - Sep 20 by malagajack

Got the flight up from malaga on the day with my best mate, who is sadly no longer with us.Had litre glasses of Guinness in the airport, saw a few other swans fans there, on arrival at our hotel there was a bar next door and then a hairdresser, to cut a long story short my mate Steve dragged me into the hairdresser and a while later we both came out peroxide blonde. Went to the match, I had bought the tickets locally so we were sat close to the dugout got a nice pic of Gerhard after calling to him for a photo. Had a good chat with the locals sat next to us, super friendly, watched the protests outside after the game from a bar then went back to the plaza to celebrate. Fantastic night for so many reasons

"a hairdresser, to cut a long story short"

Brilliant! Back on topic - was brilliant to watch on TV - almost felt sorry for the Valencia fans leaving in protest only to return to find they were another goal down. Went to Napoli though - fab times and proud of both the team and superb fans - a great advert for Swansea, Wales and the much maligned footie fan.
5 Years Ago This Evening on 08:07 - Sep 20 with 8777 viewsThornburyswan

5 Years Ago This Evening on 07:28 - Sep 20 by marchamjack

Roasting evening

Only time I’ve seen someone sunbathing in a bikini at a football stadium 😀

Went down to the seafront during the day and sat overlooking the med with beers

In the evening post match singing with Trundle in that square where everyone met up and that bar which was literally rocking with Swans fans.

What an evening. What a trip.

Great trip, match/performance & quality post match entertainment in that plaza/square packed with Jacks - I vaguely remember us mobbing a local who had a passing resemblance to Michu & singing his song to him (not sure he understood much but seemed to enjoy it!).

For me our finest performance.
5 Years Ago This Evening on 08:18 - Sep 20 with 8755 viewsmarchamjack

5 Years Ago This Evening on 08:07 - Sep 20 by Thornburyswan

Great trip, match/performance & quality post match entertainment in that plaza/square packed with Jacks - I vaguely remember us mobbing a local who had a passing resemblance to Michu & singing his song to him (not sure he understood much but seemed to enjoy it!).

For me our finest performance.

That trip, the match, our performance, was for me the highest point of our whole journey from league 2 to where we got to.

It’s back to reality now 😀

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

5 Years Ago This Evening on 08:49 - Sep 20 with 8713 viewskarnataka

5 Years Ago This Evening on 08:18 - Sep 20 by marchamjack

That trip, the match, our performance, was for me the highest point of our whole journey from league 2 to where we got to.

It’s back to reality now 😀

One of the best days of my life. In the 80s, after we'd slumped from the 1st to 4th in super quick time, I'd anyone had told me 30 years later we'd be winning 3-0 in Valencia in a European tournament and that I'd be there, I'd have had them sectioned. It still seems like a dream sometimes. Wonderful stuff both on and off the pitch.
5 Years Ago This Evening on 09:02 - Sep 20 with 8699 viewsLeonWasGod

At least show the goals mun!

5 Years Ago This Evening on 09:04 - Sep 20 with 8691 viewsSoberBaker

Arguably the highest point the Swans have achieved in their history and I was there at the lowest point of my life. I was a raging alchy back then and pulled a strop because there was only 0.5% beer in the ground, so I left at half time to find a bar to keep me watered.

It wasn't all bad though, as I left the Mestella, there was a Jack on his own outside asking how we were getting on so I gave him my ticket to get in (which he did) - he was chuffin like a muffin

I went to a local bar around the corner and watched the second half with a load of moody looking locals and drank all their whisky - Stitch that losers! (I didn't say )

AMOW

5 Years Ago This Evening on 09:30 - Sep 20 with 8642 viewsjack2jack

5 Years Ago This Evening on 09:02 - Sep 20 by LeonWasGod

At least show the goals mun!

Just given me goosebumps watching that back again,what a game,what a night
5 Years Ago This Evening on 09:37 - Sep 20 with 8644 viewscmajack

Was there with my son and 2 friends that i had been going to the vetch for years with. After seeing the likes of Rochdale, bury ,Oldham and the like for years this was simply magical. Actually flying to an away game was unreal. Up there with the greatest away trips of all time, and we were the talk of the country for all the right reasons.
5 Years Ago This Evening on 10:20 - Sep 20 with 8606 viewsjacabertawe

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

5 Years Ago This Evening on 10:36 - Sep 20 with 8589 viewsBadlands

Great memories of the game, evening and campaign. (Only missed Kuban Krasnodor away😀)
Stunning team and manager.
Unfortunately injuries and Monk destroyed us.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

5 Years Ago This Evening on 11:10 - Sep 20 with 8545 viewsGreatBritton

I was already overjoyed with the whole experience before even getting to the ground. Beautiful weather, beautiful people, incredibly cheap beer and food, and then exquisite football, from MY OWN TEAM.

Did Naples as well. Wish now I'd done Krasnador, St Gallen and Malmo. Can't see another European saga happening in my lifetime, sadly.
5 Years Ago This Evening on 11:46 - Sep 20 with 8515 views1983

Flew in to Valencia from Ibiza to watch Swansea city play in Europe how rock n roll is that?!

Up to Benidorm to meet the boys then back down to Valencia next day for the game

In the square with about 1,500 Jacks before the game all singing, drinking, flags every where

Amazing watching us win 3-0 on a boiling summers evening with great mates

Then flew back to Gatwick next day

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024