Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 Years Ago This Evening 23:19 - Sep 19 with 11418 viewsCooperman

Valencia 0 - 3 Swansea

Where were you? I wasn't fortunate enough to make it out there and didn't even see the game on TV. Stepped off a flight at Heathrow to find us 3-0 up and that moment still gives me goosebumps. I was that gobsmacked that I couldn't even explain the enormity of it to my anti football colleague.

The JDG free kick - absolute class.

Please don't let this descend into the dross of what's happened since then; enough has already been written about that. Instead let's hear your stories.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

5 Years Ago This Evening on 12:16 - Sep 20 with 2280 viewsBadlands

5 Years Ago This Evening on 11:10 - Sep 20 by GreatBritton

I was already overjoyed with the whole experience before even getting to the ground. Beautiful weather, beautiful people, incredibly cheap beer and food, and then exquisite football, from MY OWN TEAM.

Did Naples as well. Wish now I'd done Krasnador, St Gallen and Malmo. Can't see another European saga happening in my lifetime, sadly.

I was so lucky - I was in the process of being made redundant so had loads of time off and could work out really cheap flights - also and a bit of spare cash.
Left the Russian visit too late to get a visa :-(.

Interesting team as this item shows,'Nikola Nikezić incident[edit]
Nikola Nikezić, a striker from Montenegro, was part of Kuban in 2010 and was under contract with the club until November 2011. In early 2011 the club, wishing to replace him, tried to persuade him to repudiate the contract. When Nikezić refused, he was beaten at the club office by two armed assailants with alleged ties to the Russian Mafia. After an assault estimated at 20 minutes by Nikezić, he signed a contract-dissolution agreement. The forward filed a complaint with FIFA president Sepp Blatter days after the incident, providing photos of injuries he sustained during the beating. FIFPro (the International Federation of Professional Footballers), with the assistance of the Russian Football Union, forced the club to pay Nikezić €180,000 in compensation.

There was a travel programme on a couple of years ago when Joanna Lumley interviewed the £Billionaire owner and asked if he'd visited the UK. He said he had only visited the UK once - Swansea and he thought it was wonderful place.

Not all roses though as even with his backing they were bankrupted earlier this year.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

5 Years Ago This Evening on 12:34 - Sep 20 with 2259 viewspencoedjack

5 Years Ago This Evening on 04:02 - Sep 20 by Loyal

Finest away trip ever.

Have to agree
5 Years Ago This Evening on 12:36 - Sep 20 with 2254 viewsLeonWasGod

5 Years Ago This Evening on 09:30 - Sep 20 by jack2jack

Just given me goosebumps watching that back again,what a game,what a night

Good wasn't it. I wish I'd gone now, can't remember why I didn't, but should have made more of an effort. Still, I saw all the home stuff which is more than some - we had really poor attendances for the early games, I couldn't believe it. Doesn't make much sense to me especially as they they ran cheaper ticket packages.
5 Years Ago This Evening on 13:05 - Sep 20 with 2228 viewsSoberBaker

5 Years Ago This Evening on 11:46 - Sep 20 by 1983

Flew in to Valencia from Ibiza to watch Swansea city play in Europe how rock n roll is that?!

Up to Benidorm to meet the boys then back down to Valencia next day for the game

In the square with about 1,500 Jacks before the game all singing, drinking, flags every where

Amazing watching us win 3-0 on a boiling summers evening with great mates

Then flew back to Gatwick next day

LD?

AMOW

5 Years Ago This Evening on 13:08 - Sep 20 with 2224 viewsNewhousemustscore

Watching the Swans in a European Competition was always on my bucket list. I only did Malmo away but just glad I did it. I loved the whole Europa thing. I know of quite a few people who wanted us to get out so we could concentrate on the league. The home crowds weren't great but I loved watching St Gallen one week & Valencia the next etc. Happy days indeed.
5 Years Ago This Evening on 13:14 - Sep 20 with 2219 viewsLoyal

Also the finest performance by a Welsh team in any European or domestic cup competition this century and very much beyond.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

5 Years Ago This Evening on 13:21 - Sep 20 with 2214 viewsBadlands

5 Years Ago This Evening on 13:14 - Sep 20 by Loyal

Also the finest performance by a Welsh team in any European or domestic cup competition this century and very much beyond.

And, Spanish TV and posters were using the Swans to advertise the Premier League later that year.
Came so close to getting the draw, and going through on away goals against Naples, too

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

5 Years Ago This Evening on 15:03 - Sep 20 with 2165 views1983

At one point we were favourites to win that cup

Login to get fewer ads

5 Years Ago This Evening on 17:30 - Sep 20 with 2123 viewsawayjack

Remember Dineen walking through the square getting a heroic welcome from the fans. How times change.
5 Years Ago This Evening on 18:37 - Sep 20 with 2078 viewssainthelens

5 Years Ago This Evening on 17:30 - Sep 20 by awayjack

Remember Dineen walking through the square getting a heroic welcome from the fans. How times change.

The Cvnt was probably scheming his millions even then.
5 Years Ago This Evening on 18:56 - Sep 20 with 2067 viewsDyfnant

5 Years Ago This Evening on 09:04 - Sep 20 by SoberBaker

Arguably the highest point the Swans have achieved in their history and I was there at the lowest point of my life. I was a raging alchy back then and pulled a strop because there was only 0.5% beer in the ground, so I left at half time to find a bar to keep me watered.

It wasn't all bad though, as I left the Mestella, there was a Jack on his own outside asking how we were getting on so I gave him my ticket to get in (which he did) - he was chuffin like a muffin

I went to a local bar around the corner and watched the second half with a load of moody looking locals and drank all their whisky - Stitch that losers! (I didn't say )

Should’ve stuck to the Doves

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

5 Years Ago This Evening on 19:27 - Sep 20 with 2035 viewsLandore_Jack

Yep, fast forward to 2:20:

[Post edited 20 Sep 2018 19:28]

#backtojack

5 Years Ago This Evening on 20:28 - Sep 20 with 1993 viewsDyfnant

5 Years Ago This Evening on 18:37 - Sep 20 by sainthelens

The Cvnt was probably scheming his millions even then.

Couldn’t have been on the rob back then, pr1ck looked like he’s wearing a cheap dead mans suit

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

5 Years Ago This Evening on 20:40 - Sep 20 with 1974 viewsFireboy2

5 Years Ago This Evening on 19:27 - Sep 20 by Landore_Jack

Yep, fast forward to 2:20:

[Post edited 20 Sep 2018 19:28]

Makes you feel sick knowing what they did

What a damn shame,they have gone from heroes to cvnts
5 Years Ago This Evening on 09:21 - Sep 22 with 1771 viewsRancid

5 bloody years ago.Wow.
I'm still dining out on it.
Maybe it'll be the Preston for the next generation
5 Years Ago This Evening on 13:12 - Sep 22 with 1725 views1983

5 Years Ago This Evening on 13:05 - Sep 20 by SoberBaker

LD?

No mate I would rather rub cat sh1t in my eyes than be him

5 Years Ago This Evening on 13:36 - Sep 22 with 1713 viewsWarwickHunt

Who ate all the...

...paella?
5 Years Ago This Evening on 13:48 - Sep 22 with 1706 viewsJackflack

My daughters wedding day.
Amazingly well timed... watched it in the hotel room in between the reception and evening party

Lets be nice, we're all newbees on here.

5 Years Ago This Evening on 15:31 - Sep 22 with 1683 viewscwm02

5 Years Ago This Evening on 09:02 - Sep 20 by LeonWasGod

At least show the goals mun!

Oh the memories

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024