Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Telephone preference service 10:12 - Sep 20 with 1255 viewsCatullus

What is the point in this when they can be gotten around so easily. To make a complaint the phone call you recieve must be live, as in you spoke to somebody, so a recorded message can't be complained about.
Then it must be a direct marketing call so when you get a spam call from someone asking you to do a survey, you can't complain.
These are just as much nuisance calls as any other.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Telephone preference service on 10:43 - Sep 20 with 1240 viewspikeypaul

And Asian call centres can connect via UK centres to connect with you and avoid any action.

I keep gettingg a fraud attempt phone call claiming to be BT broadband saying my internet will be down for 7 days unless I follow their instructions (I am not with them).I must admit I do have a bit of fun winding them up if I have the time otherwise phone goes immediately down.
It’s always a different Milton Keynes # that changes daily they do not even try hiding it.When I did 1st report it I was told nothing could be done since it was a gateway #.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Telephone preference service on 11:08 - Sep 20 with 1218 viewsWingstandwood

Yep and the b@stards are getting even more devious! They're starting to bypass the Indian accented call centre operative (* cough, cough, cough always has an English christian name*) and are sending out automated-pre-recorded phone calls instead.

I had a message last week telling me that my I.P address was compromised and the connection would be cut off unless I pressed a digit on my phone to take me to "Dept-scammer-central". It's the victims of stuff like this I feel sorry for.

In today's SWEP more tele-fraud from utter scumbag filth!
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/local-news/terrified-mum-told-children-would-

Argus!

Telephone preference service on 23:55 - Sep 20 with 1102 viewspikeypaul

Telephone preference service on 11:08 - Sep 20 by Wingstandwood

Yep and the b@stards are getting even more devious! They're starting to bypass the Indian accented call centre operative (* cough, cough, cough always has an English christian name*) and are sending out automated-pre-recorded phone calls instead.

I had a message last week telling me that my I.P address was compromised and the connection would be cut off unless I pressed a digit on my phone to take me to "Dept-scammer-central". It's the victims of stuff like this I feel sorry for.

In today's SWEP more tele-fraud from utter scumbag filth!
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/local-news/terrified-mum-told-children-would-

I had a pre recorded automated one for the 1st time this evening it still claimed to be BT broadband but asked me to choose option 1 to update details so broadband would carry on.

Gutted I can not even wind the scum up anymore.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Telephone preference service on 13:28 - Sep 21 with 1010 viewsWingstandwood

Telephone preference service on 23:55 - Sep 20 by pikeypaul

I had a pre recorded automated one for the 1st time this evening it still claimed to be BT broadband but asked me to choose option 1 to update details so broadband would carry on.

Gutted I can not even wind the scum up anymore.

Aye, the pre-recorded-message change of tactic looks to have been introduced to counteract WUM's like you and the many that have generally wised up and become aware/knowledgeable about 'the Indian call centre scam'.

The automated message has actually got a more officious vibe and presentation, more convincing and thus more likely to panic someone. My sister got worried when she first had one and phoned me to ask my opinion of what she should do. It's just natural progression with these devious low-life scamsters they adapt.

Argus!

Telephone preference service on 14:55 - Sep 21 with 980 viewsmajorraglan

Blake from Microsoft called this morning to inform my computer had been compromised, I kept him going for 10 minutes before he realised I was stringing him along and he hung up. It’s the 4th or 5th call I have had in a week. I can see how some people especially the elderly are vulnerable to this type of scam though, it really annoys me.
(No subject) (n/t) on 16:02 - Sep 21 with 964 viewsWingstandwood

Telephone preference service on 14:55 - Sep 21 by majorraglan

Blake from Microsoft called this morning to inform my computer had been compromised, I kept him going for 10 minutes before he realised I was stringing him along and he hung up. It’s the 4th or 5th call I have had in a week. I can see how some people especially the elderly are vulnerable to this type of scam though, it really annoys me.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/qrERLqXUtIrrIz-PrAjRzRJcPTE/appointm
https://www.unknownphone.com/search.php?num=03332120815

Keep winding the lowlife scumbag filth up!

An elderly relative of mine fell victim to the above last year! They were offering 'home-insurance'.... I went down the bank to clear up the mess. I did a 1471 dial up of its number and followed up with a Google search. The Google search was far from complimentary!

Two separate payments were taken out by the b@stards!....How many more would have been taken? And (see above link) some director hey? NINETEEN (*cough, cough, cough alarm bells ringeth!) directorships!
[Post edited 21 Sep 2018 16:33]

Argus!

Telephone preference service on 18:36 - Sep 21 with 911 viewsbuilthjack

If you have the time, just keep them on the phone and act a bit dull. The longer the better

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Telephone preference service on 18:44 - Sep 21 with 907 viewslonglostjack

Telephone preference service on 18:36 - Sep 21 by builthjack

If you have the time, just keep them on the phone and act a bit dull. The longer the better

I used to do that when the Tories came around canvassing.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2018 18:49]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

Telephone preference service on 06:27 - Sep 22 with 845 viewsCatullus

The automated calls are totally infuriating and what's even worse now (for me anyway) I only used to get these calls on the landline and we unplugged the house phone years back, now they are coming to our mobiles, it doesn't matter how careful you are with your number the devious chunts find a way.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Telephone preference service on 12:12 - Sep 22 with 811 viewscontroversial_jack

I'm sure cold calling has been made illegal recently
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024