Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kids going to Uni .... 21:15 - Sep 20 with 2515 viewsbonymine

For the first time in my life I feel helpless as to what happens from here on ........

Good Luck to everybody ..

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Kids going to Uni .... on 21:21 - Sep 20 with 2232 viewsGowerjack

Ive 3 kids.

The eldest lives in Liverpool after graduating.

The other two go back to uni for year 2 this weekend.

Gowerjack Towers is going to be very quiet...

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Kids going to Uni .... on 21:47 - Sep 20 with 2166 viewslonglostjack

I’m sure they’ll not do anything that you wouldn’t have done at their age. There, as a parent that’s a reassuring thought eh?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Kids going to Uni .... on 22:21 - Sep 20 with 2067 viewsmarchamjack

Kids going to Uni .... on 21:47 - Sep 20 by longlostjack

I’m sure they’ll not do anything that you wouldn’t have done at their age. There, as a parent that’s a reassuring thought eh?

Uni was the best 4 years of my life. Made best friends for life (outside of my Swansea family/mates)

Miss MJ Jnr is off to Uni tomorrow. Knowing what we were like means that I both know she’ll have the time of her life and I couldn’t be more worrried 😀

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Kids going to Uni .... on 22:24 - Sep 20 with 2051 viewsCatullus

I feel helpless now and my son is till in Primary school......god help me when he's 17.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Kids going to Uni .... on 02:42 - Sep 21 with 1907 viewsGlyn1

Good luck to them, and to you.

I remember my mum waving me off on the train to London when, aged 18, I went to uni. An exciting day in my life and I didn't even think about how she was feeling. It was back in the prehistoric era (the 1970s) when we didn't have a phone in our council house (remember them?), and mobiles hadn't been invented.

To repeat, good luck to you all.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2018 2:43]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Kids going to Uni .... on 06:02 - Sep 21 with 1853 viewsjackal

Mine are in their thirties, but you never stop worrying.

You wouldn't be a natural Dad if you didn't worry every day.

They'll have a great time. Just be there at the end of the phone,
Kids going to Uni .... on 08:04 - Sep 21 with 1753 viewsItchySphincter

Kids going to Uni .... on 02:42 - Sep 21 by Glyn1

I remember my mum waving me off on the train to London when, aged 18, I went to uni. An exciting day in my life and I didn't even think about how she was feeling. It was back in the prehistoric era (the 1970s) when we didn't have a phone in our council house (remember them?), and mobiles hadn't been invented.

If you went to uni in the ‘70’s you must actually be quite bright.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Kids going to Uni .... on 09:03 - Sep 21 with 1686 viewsProfessor

On the reverse side I get nine new kids to look after for the next five years. Meeting my new batch of tutees
Login to get fewer ads

Kids going to Uni .... on 09:15 - Sep 21 with 1672 viewsMrSwerve

Kids going to Uni .... on 09:03 - Sep 21 by Professor

On the reverse side I get nine new kids to look after for the next five years. Meeting my new batch of tutees

I'm meeting my 100 that I'm responsible for on Monday, always get that nervous excitement of meeting a mixture of young and old adults, some that I'll stay in contact with for the rest of my life. The gratitude they show for my lectures make it a very rewarding job.

There are some idiots that arrive too obviously!
[Post edited 21 Sep 2018 9:19]

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Kids going to Uni .... on 09:19 - Sep 21 with 1661 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Kids going to Uni .... on 02:42 - Sep 21 by Glyn1

That rings a bell. 44 years ago this week since I went. All the way from Bridgend to Swansea for me but I might as well have been on Mars for all the difference it made. I used to phone Mam about every 10 days or so and always combed my hair before I did because she’d somehow know if I didn’t.

The golden age of higher education - I got a grant that was enough to live on for my 3 years, as did Mrs JB. We consider ourselves very lucky. When our two went in 2000 and 2003 they took out student loans which at that time were very low interest and we paid their loans off in full when they left in order to give them as good a start in life as we could.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Kids going to Uni .... on 10:13 - Sep 21 with 1589 viewswaynekerr55

Kids going to Uni .... on 21:21 - Sep 20 by Gowerjack

Ive 3 kids.

The eldest lives in Liverpool after graduating.

The other two go back to uni for year 2 this weekend.

Gowerjack Towers is going to be very quiet...

If only Perchie still posted here

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Kids going to Uni .... on 10:57 - Sep 21 with 1545 viewsProfessor

Kids going to Uni .... on 09:15 - Sep 21 by MrSwerve

I'm meeting my 100 that I'm responsible for on Monday, always get that nervous excitement of meeting a mixture of young and old adults, some that I'll stay in contact with for the rest of my life. The gratitude they show for my lectures make it a very rewarding job.

Thankfully we don’t really get many idiots. Veterinary Science does not tend to in
Kids going to Uni .... on 11:30 - Sep 21 with 1504 viewsexhmrc1

your mate from up the Wirral would disagree. He believes all students are on the piss all the time but I somehow believe your version of events before his.
Kids going to Uni .... on 11:37 - Sep 21 with 1496 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Shortly after our second went off toUni I looked across the room and thought, sh1t, what does that woman over there know about the Swans, decent music and other important matters? Who am I going to talk to?

She was looking across the room thinking, sh1t, what does that bloke over there know about theatre, art and other important matters? Who am I going to talk to?

15 years on I have an interest in the theatre and art and she has had a Swans season ticket for 15 seasons.

It's a funny old world.

Kids going to Uni .... on 11:53 - Sep 21 with 1480 viewswaynekerr55

Kids going to Uni .... on 09:15 - Sep 21 by MrSwerve

I hope you've completed your HEA Fellowship!!!

Kids going to Uni .... on 12:06 - Sep 21 with 1463 viewsFireboy2

Kids going to Uni .... on 11:37 - Sep 21 by Joe_bradshaw

Shortly after our second went off toUni I looked across the room and thought, sh1t, what does that woman over there know about the Swans, decent music and other important matters? Who am I going to talk to?

She was looking across the room thinking, sh1t, what does that bloke over there know about theatre, art and other important matters? Who am I going to talk to?

15 years on I have an interest in the theatre and art and she has had a Swans season ticket for 15 seasons.

It's a funny old world.

Brilliant Joe

I think i might have that problem in about 10-15 years
Kids going to Uni .... on 12:52 - Sep 21 with 1401 viewsMrSwerve

Kids going to Uni .... on 11:53 - Sep 21 by waynekerr55

I hope you've completed your HEA Fellowship!!!

Please don't mention those three f*cking letters!

Kids going to Uni .... on 13:03 - Sep 21 with 1383 viewsAguycalledJack

Kids going to Uni .... on 06:02 - Sep 21 by jackal

Mine are in their thirties, but you never stop worrying.

You wouldn't be a natural Dad if you didn't worry every day.

They'll have a great time. Just be there at the end of the phone,

My first was only born yesterday. The sense of responsibility and yes worry I have felt since birth is unbelievable.
Kids going to Uni .... on 13:24 - Sep 21 with 1355 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Kids going to Uni .... on 13:03 - Sep 21 by AguycalledJack

My first was only born yesterday. The sense of responsibility and yes worry I have felt since birth is unbelievable.

Congratulations to you and your partner! Your life will never be the same.

I understand your concerns, the little buggers don’t come with a manual.

Kids going to Uni .... on 13:53 - Sep 21 with 1326 viewslegoman

To the OP - mate I understand your situation. Mrs L and I have 3 kids all in their 20's and all went to uni. My advice to you is to rejoice in the knowledge that your kids going off to uni is the correct order of things and you have brought them up to be bright intelligent individuals who have already done fantastically well. Leaving uni with a degree, despite what others may say, offers your kids employment choices not open to so many others. Under your guidance and with the commitment you have already given them, they will become responsible adults adding to, not taking from wider society. And you, my friend, and your better half, have made that possible.

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Kids going to Uni .... on 14:40 - Sep 21 with 1279 viewsProfessor

Kids going to Uni .... on 11:30 - Sep 21 by exhmrc1

your mate from up the Wirral would disagree. He believes all students are on the piss all the time but I somehow believe your version of events before his.

It’s less of a thing than when I was in University. They let their hair down occasionally shall we say but work hard. It is without doubt the toughest degree. In terms of workload and mental stress. By the time they reach year 4 they are pretty much working all the time including many overnights. They are a good bunch
Kids going to Uni .... on 14:44 - Sep 21 with 1272 viewsProfessor

Kids going to Uni .... on 12:52 - Sep 21 by MrSwerve

Please don't mention those three f*cking letters!

Looks like I will be forced into this farce dreamt up by Mickey Mouse universities along with TEf to show ‘ we are so good at teaching’. All done with no real evidence base. Have no teaching qualification but always in top quarter of student surveys for teaching quality. All about process. Nothing to do with learning excellence. Don’t mention NSS
Kids going to Uni .... on 15:37 - Sep 21 with 1235 viewswaynekerr55

Kids going to Uni .... on 14:44 - Sep 21 by Professor

Looks like I will be forced into this farce dreamt up by Mickey Mouse universities along with TEf to show ‘ we are so good at teaching’. All done with no real evidence base. Have no teaching qualification but always in top quarter of student surveys for teaching quality. All about process. Nothing to do with learning excellence. Don’t mention NSS

Don't mention the war

Kids going to Uni .... on 16:06 - Sep 21 with 1199 viewsjackal

Kids going to Uni .... on 13:03 - Sep 21 by AguycalledJack

Congrats to you and the Missus!
Kids going to Uni .... on 16:57 - Sep 21 with 1139 viewsMrSwerve

Kids going to Uni .... on 14:44 - Sep 21 by Professor

Don't...just don't.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024