Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joey Allen 08:53 - Sep 21 with 4074 views34dfgdf54

I know Chris will probably be along soon to give me a b*llocking for slagging the club off, and I agree it's been talked about over and over, but anyone see the article about Joe Allen's guest appearance on Owain Tudur Jones podcast.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/email-joe-allen-wrote

Could have got him before the Euros even started. Would be interesting to know what his price was prior to the Euros, we held on and lost out. Business is business I understand that, but it's another big error of judgement as far as I'm concerned.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2018 8:57]
Joey Allen on 15:52 - Sep 21 with 1054 viewsLeonWasGod

Kind of confirms what we all suspected. Two massive cock ups around that time. Joey and Brendan. I suspect we'd still be in the PL now if those had happened.
Joey Allen on 16:41 - Sep 21 with 1008 views34dfgdf54

Joey Allen on 15:25 - Sep 21 by peenemunde

Swansea & Stoke both got relegated in the same season, and the idea that had we signed one of their players, we’d have avoided relegation is ridiculous.

Shaqiri (sp)

You have no idea either way, no one does. It was just a player we should have signed the season before.
Joey Allen on 16:43 - Sep 21 with 1002 viewspencoedjack

Joey Allen on 16:41 - Sep 21 by 34dfgdf54

Shaqiri (sp)

You have no idea either way, no one does. It was just a player we should have signed the season before.

Why do you bother debating mate ?
Joey Allen on 19:58 - Sep 21 with 919 viewsbuilthjack

£8.4m was the figure at the time. Huw wouldn't pay it.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Joey Allen on 20:08 - Sep 21 with 908 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Joey Allen on 09:20 - Sep 21 by Jango

I loved Joe but let’s remember that he’s currently sat below us in the championship. What was he meant to do for us that he couldn’t do for stoke. Scoring and creating goals was our problems over the last few seasons.

If we had spent £8 million on Joe we probably wouldn't have wasted £17 million on Clucas.
And therefore would have been able to offer Potter some form of a transfer budget.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Joey Allen on 20:23 - Sep 21 with 895 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Joey Allen on 11:19 - Sep 21 by Elmo

We desperately need a Leon replacement. Fer is doing his level best when fit, but isnt a Leon.

Allen was a tailor-made replacement for Leon in so many ways - from when he slotted in seamlessly alongside Leon/Bodde et al.

Pretty sure GP has a plan up his sleeve for this vital role. The way in which he gets the best out of KN and the young guns in the CM space bodes well

That's not strictly true. We do need a DM but they come in all shapes and sizes. He suited Rodgers and Martinez' game plans , he was perfect for them. A tiki taka tempo machine.
I view Potter's style more akin to Laudrups with ore emphasis with quick movement of the ball from back to front so maybe an exact repplica of Leon might not be the best fit.
A pball winner who can read and break up play with a good short and long passing range would be ideal.
Saying that I wouldn't be opposed to Leon coming back from retirement to help us through the season with our injury list.

Joey Allen on 21:19 - Sep 21 with 861 views34dfgdf54

Joey Allen on 16:43 - Sep 21 by pencoedjack

Yeah good shout.

Pointless.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2018 7:18]
Joey Allen on 21:23 - Sep 21 with 856 viewsOldjack

Joey Allen on 09:32 - Sep 21 by 34dfgdf54

Definitely, my opinion of the sell outs will never change, I despise the blokes and I cannot believe Huw Jenkins is still in employment here, but I can also understand the calls for unity at present, the manager certainly deserves it.

Correct ,but that nagging feeling our Potter is banging his head against a brick-wall with very little support off the Greedy ones

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Login to get fewer ads

Joey Allen on 00:35 - Sep 22 with 804 viewsowainglyndwr

Joe wanted to come back and he thought he was coming back except the club change their minds.
Joes partner is from the a swansea Valley and wanted to be near home.
Joey Allen on 00:42 - Sep 22 with 796 viewsLoyal

Joey Allen on 15:13 - Sep 21 by peenemunde

Yes he did a great job keeping Stoke up last season 🤭

One man don't make a team.
He would have been a major asset to us.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Joey Allen on 05:50 - Sep 22 with 755 viewsScottishEddie

Joey Allen on 10:19 - Sep 21 by Fireboy2

Your second paragraph is spot on mr s

Plus he really wanted to come back and hes a local boy who would have given his all

What a set of thick as mince,tightwad cvnts for not getting him back

Stop talking s*t I know Joe well, and grew up on the same estate as his wife. He

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

Joey Allen on 06:02 - Sep 22 with 748 viewsScottishEddie

Joey Allen on 05:50 - Sep 22 by ScottishEddie

Stop talking s*t I know Joe well, and grew up on the same estate as his wife. He

I also showed Leon your photo.... haha

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

Joey Allen on 06:53 - Sep 22 with 741 viewsCatullus

Joey Allen on 20:08 - Sep 21 by Brynmill_Jack

If we had spent £8 million on Joe we probably wouldn't have wasted £17 million on Clucas.
And therefore would have been able to offer Potter some form of a transfer budget.

This, mostly! It would have saved us over 8 million and we were getting a player we knew, who knew the club and his role, though no signing is risk free.
Who said age is catching up with him, he's 28, a few years in his tank yet and he was one of Stoke's better players.
What we did with the saved 8 million would be the big question but having Allen instead of Clucas couldn't have been a bad thing.
If we'd still been relegated and Joe wasn't sold we'd have Allen and Fer at CDM with Futlon and Grimes on the bench, wouldn't we all be happier with that?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Joey Allen on 07:48 - Sep 22 with 733 viewsFireboy2

Joey Allen on 06:02 - Sep 22 by ScottishEddie

I also showed Leon your photo.... haha

You p!ssed again?
Joey Allen on 09:30 - Sep 22 with 704 viewsdobjack2

Highlights a flawed element of our recruitment strategy- waiting for the end of the window hoping for prices to go down for players in positions that desperately need strengthening.

We hang on but either the price doesn’t drop so we don’t sign them or someone pays the price so we don’t sign them.

Nothing wrong with refusing to pay a price we can’t afford but that decision needs to be made at a stage that allows us to move onto someone else. Our problem is that we either then go into panic buying at the end of the window, paying over the odds, or all our alternatives have already made their decisions and nobody comes into that position.

In previous seasons we have had to gamble in the January window which if you are in relegation trouble puts off a lot of players and generally costs an arm and a leg in contracts for anyone that does sign.
Joey Allen on 09:35 - Sep 22 with 702 views34dfgdf54

Joey Allen on 09:30 - Sep 22 by dobjack2

Highlights a flawed element of our recruitment strategy- waiting for the end of the window hoping for prices to go down for players in positions that desperately need strengthening.

We hang on but either the price doesn’t drop so we don’t sign them or someone pays the price so we don’t sign them.

Nothing wrong with refusing to pay a price we can’t afford but that decision needs to be made at a stage that allows us to move onto someone else. Our problem is that we either then go into panic buying at the end of the window, paying over the odds, or all our alternatives have already made their decisions and nobody comes into that position.

In previous seasons we have had to gamble in the January window which if you are in relegation trouble puts off a lot of players and generally costs an arm and a leg in contracts for anyone that does sign.

Great post and spot on.
Joey Allen on 10:30 - Sep 22 with 675 viewspeenemunde

Joey Allen on 16:43 - Sep 21 by pencoedjack

I’m right though and people like you are talking shite.
If anyone believes had we signed JA we wouldn’t have been relegated are talking nonsense.

Maybe if we had signed Messi or Ronaldo, I’d have some sympathy for the idea we could have been saved from relegation, but J A, no disrespect to him, but we’d still have been relegated with him in the team.

We were pi$$ poor and couldn’t score goals, so how would J A have changed that ?
Joey Allen on 14:18 - Sep 22 with 627 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Joey Allen on 09:30 - Sep 22 by dobjack2

it's been this way since Jenkins ego got the better of him. And it's led to where we are now.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024