Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joey Allen 08:53 - Sep 21 with 4077 views34dfgdf54

I know Chris will probably be along soon to give me a b*llocking for slagging the club off, and I agree it's been talked about over and over, but anyone see the article about Joe Allen's guest appearance on Owain Tudur Jones podcast.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/email-joe-allen-wrote

Could have got him before the Euros even started. Would be interesting to know what his price was prior to the Euros, we held on and lost out. Business is business I understand that, but it's another big error of judgement as far as I'm concerned.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2018 8:57]
Joey Allen on 09:00 - Sep 21 with 2998 viewsFireboy2

Theres no comeback by the res/E20/the 2nd coming after that
Joey Allen on 09:01 - Sep 21 with 2989 viewsLoyal

Doest matter what other people think Risca, fck em. Everyone's entitled.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Joey Allen on 09:11 - Sep 21 with 2951 viewsawayjack

Why to you give a shite about misinformation spread by the agenda boys? Owners / Board have screwed up so many things, not signing Joe is probably low down a long list.
Joey Allen on 09:15 - Sep 21 with 2935 viewsswan65split

Joey Allen on 09:01 - Sep 21 by Loyal

yeah, the "I am always right" isnt always right.
Joey Allen on 09:20 - Sep 21 with 2915 viewsJango

I loved Joe but let’s remember that he’s currently sat below us in the championship. What was he meant to do for us that he couldn’t do for stoke. Scoring and creating goals was our problems over the last few seasons.
Joey Allen on 09:28 - Sep 21 with 2872 viewsMrSwerve

Joey Allen on 09:20 - Sep 21 by Jango

I loved Joe but let’s remember that he’s currently sat below us in the championship. What was he meant to do for us that he couldn’t do for stoke. Scoring and creating goals was our problems over the last few seasons.

Ironic that he scored against us this week then

Not re-signing Joe is one of the club's biggest mistakes over the last few years. A known player who would slot in and do the job that we needed seamlessly. A no-risk signing that would have improved the squad if ever I saw one.

You'll get the experts on here saying 'never go back' or 'ffs let's sign Bayo too' soon though.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2018 9:29]

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Joey Allen on 09:32 - Sep 21 with 2859 views34dfgdf54

Joey Allen on 09:01 - Sep 21 by Loyal

Definitely, my opinion of the sell outs will never change, I despise the blokes and I cannot believe Huw Jenkins is still in employment here, but I can also understand the calls for unity at present, the manager certainly deserves it.
Joey Allen on 09:44 - Sep 21 with 2805 viewsraynor94

Joey Allen on 09:32 - Sep 21 by 34dfgdf54

Definitely, my opinion of the sell outs will never change, I despise the blokes and I cannot believe Huw Jenkins is still in employment here, but I can also understand the calls for unity at present, the manager certainly deserves it.

Superb post, agree with every word, just get behind Potter and an exciting young team

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Joey Allen on 09:47 - Sep 21 with 2788 viewsawayjack

The manager / players are getting strong support from fans. GPs done brilliantly so far and brought through young players that have cheered us up on the pitch. The Board should have given him more backing. I don’t follow why questioning the Owners / Board with their track record conflicts with supporting the team/manager 100%. Jenkins calls for unity are usual soundbites to protect himself. Their words are meaningless and their actions continue to undermine their plea for unity.
Joey Allen on 10:08 - Sep 21 with 2720 viewstrinityann

Joey Allen on 09:47 - Sep 21 by awayjack

The manager / players are getting strong support from fans. GPs done brilliantly so far and brought through young players that have cheered us up on the pitch. The Board should have given him more backing. I don’t follow why questioning the Owners / Board with their track record conflicts with supporting the team/manager 100%. Jenkins calls for unity are usual soundbites to protect himself. Their words are meaningless and their actions continue to undermine their plea for unity.

We needed creativity and goals not more Joe Allen's. I personally see age catching up with him now, he is not performing to level of the Euro's and that was probably his career peak. He is just a championship standard player these days, no premier league clubs interested.
Joey Allen on 10:19 - Sep 21 with 2693 viewsFireboy2

Joey Allen on 09:28 - Sep 21 by MrSwerve

Ironic that he scored against us this week then

Not re-signing Joe is one of the club's biggest mistakes over the last few years. A known player who would slot in and do the job that we needed seamlessly. A no-risk signing that would have improved the squad if ever I saw one.

You'll get the experts on here saying 'never go back' or 'ffs let's sign Bayo too' soon though.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2018 9:29]

Your second paragraph is spot on mr s

Plus he really wanted to come back and hes a local boy who would have given his all

What a set of thick as mince,tightwad cvnts for not getting him back
Joey Allen on 10:56 - Sep 21 with 2610 views34dfgdf54

Joey Allen on 10:08 - Sep 21 by trinityann

We needed creativity and goals not more Joe Allen's. I personally see age catching up with him now, he is not performing to level of the Euro's and that was probably his career peak. He is just a championship standard player these days, no premier league clubs interested.

You have no idea if premier league clubs were interested or not.

Stoke set the stall out early that he wasn't for sale, and they kept good on their promise. I would be amazed if there wasn't any enquiries made.
Joey Allen on 11:19 - Sep 21 with 2553 viewsElmo

We desperately need a Leon replacement. Fer is doing his level best when fit, but isnt a Leon.

Allen was a tailor-made replacement for Leon in so many ways - from when he slotted in seamlessly alongside Leon/Bodde et al.

Pretty sure GP has a plan up his sleeve for this vital role. The way in which he gets the best out of KN and the young guns in the CM space bodes well
Joey Allen on 12:35 - Sep 21 with 2429 viewscostalotta

Joey Allen on 10:08 - Sep 21 by trinityann

Warra load of rubbish.
Joey Allen on 12:41 - Sep 21 with 2406 views_

You won't get me arguing about the cock up that didn't bring Joey back. I was truly, truly gutted and I couldn't understand it one bit.

But that was then, I've moved on to the point now where I genuinely dislike the snidey git. Maybe that's a coping mechanism I don't know...

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Joey Allen on 13:13 - Sep 21 with 2305 views34dfgdf54

Joey Allen on 12:41 - Sep 21 by _

You won't get me arguing about the cock up that didn't bring Joey back. I was truly, truly gutted and I couldn't understand it one bit.

But that was then, I've moved on to the point now where I genuinely dislike the snidey git. Maybe that's a coping mechanism I don't know...

I do think he’s bitter about us not taking the punt on him. He made sure he pointed out he would have celebrated the goal if he thought he was onside when he was asked about it after the match Tuesday. Not that I care too much about whether he celebrates or not, a goal against us is the same whatever, horrible.
Joey Allen on 13:26 - Sep 21 with 2274 views_

Joey Allen on 13:13 - Sep 21 by 34dfgdf54

I do think he’s bitter about us not taking the punt on him. He made sure he pointed out he would have celebrated the goal if he thought he was onside when he was asked about it after the match Tuesday. Not that I care too much about whether he celebrates or not, a goal against us is the same whatever, horrible.

You're right. He's often had a good welcome down the Lib which he's turned his back on or ignored. That's fine, his prerogative etc, but he can fack off in my eyes and deserves stick next time he's down, not a chant or applauds.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Joey Allen on 13:33 - Sep 21 with 2239 viewspeenemunde

A decent player, but don’t forget, he also got relegated last season and don’t think he’d have made much difference to us, if he’d had played for Swansea.
Joey Allen on 13:47 - Sep 21 with 2207 views34dfgdf54

Joey Allen on 13:33 - Sep 21 by peenemunde

A decent player, but don’t forget, he also got relegated last season and don’t think he’d have made much difference to us, if he’d had played for Swansea.

I disagree.

He would have been a big upgrade on who we played in centre midfield for us last year in my opinion.
Joey Allen on 13:56 - Sep 21 with 2179 viewsdobjack2

Joey Allen on 11:19 - Sep 21 by Elmo

We desperately need a Leon replacement. Fer is doing his level best when fit, but isnt a Leon.

Allen was a tailor-made replacement for Leon in so many ways - from when he slotted in seamlessly alongside Leon/Bodde et al.

Pretty sure GP has a plan up his sleeve for this vital role. The way in which he gets the best out of KN and the young guns in the CM space bodes well

He had a plan - bring in a defensive midfielder.

His current plan is making the best use of what he has.

I’m sure that he would like to revert back to his original plan if he could get the right player at a price the club will pay.
Joey Allen on 14:38 - Sep 21 with 2090 viewspeenemunde

Joey Allen on 13:47 - Sep 21 by 34dfgdf54

I disagree.

He would have been a big upgrade on who we played in centre midfield for us last year in my opinion.

He got relegated himself.
Swansea’s problem last yr was goal scoring and creating goal scoring opportunities, and since Allen isn’t a goal scorer or a creative midfielder, I cannot see how he’d have managed to keep us up.
Joey Allen on 15:05 - Sep 21 with 2056 viewspencoedjack

Joe Allen should of been signed before the euros & made captain

The worse non signing of a player Jenkins fuked up on

End of
Joey Allen on 15:13 - Sep 21 with 2043 viewspeenemunde

Joey Allen on 15:05 - Sep 21 by pencoedjack

Joe Allen should of been signed before the euros & made captain

The worse non signing of a player Jenkins fuked up on

End of

Yes he did a great job keeping Stoke up last season 🤭
Joey Allen on 15:22 - Sep 21 with 2022 viewsJackSomething

Joey Allen on 15:13 - Sep 21 by peenemunde

Yes he did a great job keeping Stoke up last season 🤭

Which of course had nothing to do with the other players at Stoke, manager, etc...

Even if you want to make that asinine argument, no player has ever been relegated out of the PL and gone on to be a success have they? I don't think anyone remembers no-marks like Marcos Alonso, Gary Cahill, Michael Carrick, Glen Johnson, James Milner, Danny Simpson, Victor Moses or Ashley Young, do they?

If you're wondering why those players in particular, not only did they go on to have successful careers in the PL after being relegated, they all have PL title winners medals!

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Joey Allen on 15:25 - Sep 21 with 2004 viewspeenemunde

Joey Allen on 15:22 - Sep 21 by JackSomething

Which of course had nothing to do with the other players at Stoke, manager, etc...

Even if you want to make that asinine argument, no player has ever been relegated out of the PL and gone on to be a success have they? I don't think anyone remembers no-marks like Marcos Alonso, Gary Cahill, Michael Carrick, Glen Johnson, James Milner, Danny Simpson, Victor Moses or Ashley Young, do they?

If you're wondering why those players in particular, not only did they go on to have successful careers in the PL after being relegated, they all have PL title winners medals!

Swansea & Stoke both got relegated in the same season, and the idea that had we signed one of their players, we’d have avoided relegation is ridiculous.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024