Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spin kings 10:59 - Sep 22 with 1427 viewsSwans9

The Yanks said in the wales online interview that Ryan Woods is not the right player for Swansea City at this time. He would of been ideal for our passing game.
Spin kings on 11:01 - Sep 22 with 1413 views_

No they didn't

They said he wasn't the right fit financially.

He also didn't look like the world beater he was made out to be either.

Poor post.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Spin kings on 11:09 - Sep 22 with 1384 viewsN_T_J

Spin kings on 11:01 - Sep 22 by _

No they didn't

They said he wasn't the right fit financially.

He also didn't look like the world beater he was made out to be either.

Poor post.

His passing accuracy against us was 96% thats not shabby.
Spin kings on 11:10 - Sep 22 with 1375 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Let's just say we had another poor transfer window and leave it at that.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Spin kings on 11:15 - Sep 22 with 1346 viewsOldjack

to tight to cough up that little bit extra ,same for Joe. Man of the match against us ,well done Huw

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Spin kings on 11:40 - Sep 22 with 1267 viewsSwans9

The quote was he is not the ideal fit for us at this time. Alot of swans fans think that he was the right fit that suits our passing style.
Spin kings on 11:47 - Sep 22 with 1245 viewsjack247

Spin kings on 11:40 - Sep 22 by Swans9

The quote was he is not the ideal fit for us at this time. Alot of swans fans think that he was the right fit that suits our passing style.

Does anyone really think that? It was their way of saying ‘we can’t afford him/didn’t want to pay what Brentford were asking’. I think they even said they tried to do a deal on deadline day but Brentford (unsurprisingly) wouldn’t let them move the goalposts.
Spin kings on 11:48 - Sep 22 with 1241 viewsjasper_T

Spin kings on 11:47 - Sep 22 by jack247

Does anyone really think that? It was their way of saying ‘we can’t afford him/didn’t want to pay what Brentford were asking’. I think they even said they tried to do a deal on deadline day but Brentford (unsurprisingly) wouldn’t let them move the goalposts.

Brentford moved the goalposts in the other direction.
Spin kings on 12:00 - Sep 22 with 1210 viewsjack247

Spin kings on 11:48 - Sep 22 by jasper_T

Brentford moved the goalposts in the other direction.

‘We sometimes have sold players on deadline day and taken a massive hit in terms of the reduction of what we receive. There was no appetite from Ryan Woods’ club to do that, with even a small reduction. We think we let the window play out as best we could and wanted to be opportunistic because we had an appreciation of what he would bring.’ - Jason Levein
Login to get fewer ads

Spin kings on 12:01 - Sep 22 with 1207 viewsraynor94

What a fuss over nothing, £7 million for a player who nobody on here had even heard of! The yanks got this one spot on in my opinion

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Spin kings on 12:19 - Sep 22 with 1154 viewsSmellyplumz

Spin kings on 12:01 - Sep 22 by raynor94

What a fuss over nothing, £7 million for a player who nobody on here had even heard of! The yanks got this one spot on in my opinion

Yeah spot on Huw.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Spin kings on 12:19 - Sep 22 with 1151 viewsKilkennyjack

Defo a good player. Hence the price tag.

He is better than both Grimes and Fulton.

The yanks did not want to back the new manager, even though the manager wanted the player to the extent he travelled to Swansea. Poor.

Beware of the Risen People

Spin kings on 12:21 - Sep 22 with 1142 viewsawayjack

Spin kings on 12:00 - Sep 22 by jack247

‘We sometimes have sold players on deadline day and taken a massive hit in terms of the reduction of what we receive. There was no appetite from Ryan Woods’ club to do that, with even a small reduction. We think we let the window play out as best we could and wanted to be opportunistic because we had an appreciation of what he would bring.’ - Jason Levein

Yup that’s what they said. So basically we were desperate to sell hence sold at large discounts and Brenford - like most clubs - were happy to hold to their principles and values.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2018 12:22]
Spin kings on 12:46 - Sep 22 with 1083 viewsTenbySwan

We paid the best part of 40m for Clucas and A Ayew and took a big hit.
To a degree I can understand them being a bit wary this window. Especially with Brentford allegedly upping the price last minute.

There are other huge mistakes that have bitten us badly.

Players brought in by Potter show a big improvement on recent years. Next two windows will show their intent and if they are going to back him.
Spin kings on 12:56 - Sep 22 with 1054 viewsLeonWasGod

Spin kings on 12:01 - Sep 22 by raynor94

If people haven’t heard of him they must be solely in a Swansea bubble and not aware of what’s going on in the other leagues. Player of the year for one of the most talked about clubs in the PL. Highly regarded by most opposition fans. He’s hardly an unknown.

Even I’d heard of him and I’m tŵp.
Spin kings on 13:05 - Sep 22 with 1016 viewsItchySphincter

Spin kings on 11:09 - Sep 22 by N_T_J

96% of not that many is..........not that many.

In the first half against us he disappeared after five minutes when he realised he wasn't going to get his own way and it took him another 30 minutes to find his feet in the game. The usual suspects will disagree with that solely on the basis that it's me that's saying it, but it's true and they need to wipe the spunk out of their eyes.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Spin kings on 13:08 - Sep 22 with 1009 viewsItchySphincter

Spin kings on 12:19 - Sep 22 by Kilkennyjack

Defo a good player. Hence the price tag.

He is better than both Grimes and Fulton.

The yanks did not want to back the new manager, even though the manager wanted the player to the extent he travelled to Swansea. Poor.

Different, not better. Grimes was more effective.

Not one bottom half PL club took a punt on him. Hmmm.......

I'm not saying he's a bad player, he's a very good player, but we have very good players too.

What's wrong with our fans?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Spin kings on 13:18 - Sep 22 with 994 viewsjack247

Spin kings on 13:08 - Sep 22 by ItchySphincter

Different, not better. Grimes was more effective.

Not one bottom half PL club took a punt on him. Hmmm.......

I'm not saying he's a bad player, he's a very good player, but we have very good players too.

What's wrong with our fans?

It’s not the fact that it was Woods as such, it’s the fact that he was Potters top target. No point crying over it now though, we’ve had 2 years of sporadic Joe Allen threads as it is.

I thought he had a good game, but had a fairly limited role to play. He probably did what was asked of him. I wouldn’t have given him man of the match. I also thought Grimes had a very good game.
Spin kings on 13:53 - Sep 22 with 900 viewsGlyn1

Spin kings on 11:09 - Sep 22 by N_T_J

"96% passing accuracy on 56 passes, 50 of which were as short as the playmaker himself (and many of which were made under no real pressure). No key passes. Dispossessed five times, more than anyone else in the game. Given Woods’ position as a defensive mid playing between two split centre backs, that’s not exactly awesome.
Swansea have had a player who’d regularly notch passing stats in the 90s, and who also inflated those numbers by playing safe five-yarders, and who even coughed the ball up under pressure quite a lot, exactly like Woods did on Tuesday night, but you won’t find too many love letters to Ki Sung-Yueng floating around the Liberty.
"

The full article is in the Maxwell Hicks thread started by Tummer from Texas. It's worth reading.

Woods is a good player but no world beater.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Spin kings on 14:25 - Sep 22 with 843 viewshobo

Spin kings on 13:53 - Sep 22 by Glyn1

"96% passing accuracy on 56 passes, 50 of which were as short as the playmaker himself (and many of which were made under no real pressure). No key passes. Dispossessed five times, more than anyone else in the game. Given Woods’ position as a defensive mid playing between two split centre backs, that’s not exactly awesome.
Swansea have had a player who’d regularly notch passing stats in the 90s, and who also inflated those numbers by playing safe five-yarders, and who even coughed the ball up under pressure quite a lot, exactly like Woods did on Tuesday night, but you won’t find too many love letters to Ki Sung-Yueng floating around the Liberty.
"

The full article is in the Maxwell Hicks thread started by Tummer from Texas. It's worth reading.

Woods is a good player but no world beater.

No-one was claiming he was a world beater. If he was we wouldn't be in for him and he'd be costing £60m+ not £6m
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024