Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club making more people redundant 11:37 - Sep 22 with 12600 viewsmagicdaps10

20 people by all accounts have been made redundant, one who has been there for 20yrs.

Sad times.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Club making more people redundant on 16:15 - Sep 22 with 2821 viewsswan65split

We all knew it was going to happen. But say one thing and do another. Is not on.
As conknose continues to rake in their money.
Club making more people redundant on 17:22 - Sep 22 with 2727 viewsScottishEddie

6 people have been made redudant since our relegation,

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

Club making more people redundant on 17:52 - Sep 22 with 2657 viewsWhiterockin

Club making more people redundant on 15:26 - Sep 22 by swanforthemoney

I feel sorry for anyone made redundant involuntarily. At least the 18 and 20 year service people will get something out of it. As a Championship club we can’t possibly need or finance as many backroom staff as we needed in the Premier League.
Any businessman,whose turnover fell so dramatically, would do the same thing.

Agree with this and I asked earlier, without a reply, does anyone know what area these redundancies are.

Are they down to the club amalgamating duplicate jobs, now that the club owns the lease to the stadium.

Are they in the commercial area, obviously not helped by relegation, but also not helped by people not prepared to line the pockets of the Americans.
Club making more people redundant on 18:42 - Sep 22 with 2575 viewssg1912

In some cases it is probably justified, I heard from a good source that there’s more than a few hangers on appointed by the old regime that add nothing to the club on a day to day basis..
Club making more people redundant on 19:06 - Sep 22 with 2533 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

No official press release on any redundancies I guess?

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Club making more people redundant on 23:45 - Sep 23 with 2249 viewsKilkennyjack

Club making more people redundant on 15:26 - Sep 22 by swanforthemoney

I feel sorry for anyone made redundant involuntarily. At least the 18 and 20 year service people will get something out of it. As a Championship club we can’t possibly need or finance as many backroom staff as we needed in the Premier League.
Any businessman,whose turnover fell so dramatically, would do the same thing.

The business man would have been sacked for the huge drop in revenue.
Huw ? huwbert ?
[Post edited 23 Sep 2018 23:47]

Beware of the Risen People

Club making more people redundant on 12:47 - Sep 24 with 2104 viewsomarjack

Last season:

55 m on playing staff
25 m on non-playing staff
20 m on scummy, useless board members.
total wages: around 100 m

This season:
25 m on playing staff
10 m? on non-playing staff
20 m on scummy, useless board members
total wages:around 55 m

How is this right? People on pittance in comparison to the c*nts at the top losing their job. The playing staff's budget getting decimated even though it's the main factor in guaranteeing the success of the club.

Yet the scum who put the club into the sh!t still get paid as if nothing happened.

Disgusting.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Club making more people redundant on 12:56 - Sep 24 with 2084 viewsAguycalledJack

Club making more people redundant on 13:11 - Sep 22 by Elmo

It's a Yank thing - they think they're being macho. Especially so when its in Europe.

Slash n burn the headcount. Often indiscriminately, bottom up. The many investors need to see heads roll.

Apart from the ones that really do need to roll .
Login to get fewer ads

Club making more people redundant on 13:04 - Sep 24 with 2055 views_

Club making more people redundant on 12:17 - Sep 22 by awayjack

I’ve challenged non-player costs are outrageously high and should be cut if along with player wages. Most posters that have similar views have been pretty clear this is targeted at excessive costs of the Board, Consultants, Management Fees, Hedge Fund Costs, Offshore transfers, agents and the related family companies the club do a lot of business with. These are the huge costs that should be cut, not the normal (fairly low paid) staff that work hard.
100 day-to-day staff probably cost less than the greedy ones on the Board. It’s shameful the Board responsible for the financial state we’re are the only ones not to be taking cuts.

"""the Board, Consultants, Management Fees, Hedge Fund Costs, Offshore transfers, agents and the related family companies"""

you can tell he was struggling to come up with anything after consultants....

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Club making more people redundant on 13:14 - Sep 24 with 2052 viewsjasper_T

Club making more people redundant on 12:47 - Sep 24 by omarjack

Last season:

55 m on playing staff

This season:
25 m on playing staff

How is this right? People on pittance in comparison to the c*nts at the top losing their job. The playing staff's budget getting decimated even though it's the main factor in guaranteeing the success of the club.

Yet the scum who put the club into the sh!t still get paid as if nothing happened.

Disgusting.

"How is this right?" well it's not, is it. Your numbers are made up.
Club making more people redundant on 13:42 - Sep 24 with 2008 viewsLoyal

Anyone who is made redundant deserves some sympathy.
However, if it wasn't for the people who saved the club they wouldn't have half decent hand shakes and been employed for a number of Years. And I yet again include the faceless ones who worked as equally as hard for nothing and never get mentioned.
That's all a bonus.

And I am struggling to equate people stating they have worked at the club for 20 years. 20 years ago was 1998, no employee and there were about 12 are either alive or of working agek, and none are at the club now. in 2001 nobody except Mike Lewis and Jackie Rocky worked at the club, that was basically it. When the club went in to cva process around 2002 which was 16 years ago the only people at the club were a basic training team and manager, no employees as such were there. No admin, sweet FA. The then revered magnificent 7 were doing all the work, Tenko even talks about it at any given opportunity as does Dineen.
So 16 years ago, no employees.
We didn't even sign a player for money for about 3 years, I think that may have been Paul Connor. I'm struggling to see how anyone could be employed by Swansea City for any longer than maybe 14 years tops and only then a few. If that.
Anyone who is telling people on here they have been in the clubs employment for 18 or 20 years is clearly not talking the truth.

Just saying like.

Edit - know your Fcking history.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2018 13:47]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Club making more people redundant on 13:46 - Sep 24 with 1994 viewsQJumpingJack

Club making more people redundant on 13:42 - Sep 24 by Loyal

However, if it wasn't for the people who saved the club they wouldn't have half decent hand shakes and been employed for a number of Years. And I yet again include the faceless ones who worked as equally as hard for nothing and never get mentioned.
That's all a bonus.

And I am struggling to equate people stating they have worked at the club for 20 years. 20 years ago was 1998, no employee and there were about 12 are either alive or of working agek, and none are at the club now. in 2001 nobody except Mike Lewis and Jackie Rocky worked at the club, that was basically it. When the club went in to cva process around 2002 which was 16 years ago the only people at the club were a basic training team and manager, no employees as such were there. No admin, sweet FA. The then revered magnificent 7 were doing all the work, Tenko even talks about it at any given opportunity as does Dineen.
We didn't even sign a player for money for about 3 years, I think that may have been Paul Connor. I'm struggling to see how anyone could be employed by Swansea City for any longer than maybe 14 years tops and only then a few. If that.
Anyone who is telling people on here they have been in the clubs employment for 18 or 20 years is clearly not talking the truth.

Just saying like.

Tenko is still on the board as an associate director I saw in the programme.
Club making more people redundant on 13:48 - Sep 24 with 1990 viewsLoyal

Club making more people redundant on 13:46 - Sep 24 by QJumpingJack

Tenko is still on the board as an associate director I saw in the programme.

I know, but has no bearing on some of the bullshit some of these alleged 20 years employees are spouting.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Club making more people redundant on 14:37 - Sep 24 with 1912 viewsAce_Jack

Club making more people redundant on 13:04 - Sep 24 by _

"""the Board, Consultants, Management Fees, Hedge Fund Costs, Offshore transfers, agents and the related family companies"""

you can tell he was struggling to come up with anything after consultants....

Did Huw write that one for you?
Club making more people redundant on 15:53 - Sep 24 with 1804 views_

Club making more people redundant on 14:37 - Sep 24 by Ace_Jack

Did Huw write that one for you?

No. Did a 5 year old kid write yours?

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Club making more people redundant on 16:39 - Sep 24 with 1762 viewsAustinIsOurHero

People in the Office who earn a standard salary - say 20k per year or less on average are the ones who I feel sorry for.

Are sponsorship, deals, advertising values and other income streams generated by the commercial department available?

What does Huw do to justify his £600k salary? Or Pearlman on his £200k?

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Club making more people redundant on 17:41 - Sep 24 with 1679 viewsIAN05

That's all a bonus.

Just saying like.

Dawn Rutherford is probably only one, started in 2000 so been there 18 years. Couldn't tell you if she is good or adds value as don't know her.
Club making more people redundant on 17:43 - Sep 24 with 1673 viewsomarjack

Club making more people redundant on 13:14 - Sep 24 by jasper_T

"How is this right?" well it's not, is it. Your numbers are made up.

You're exactly the kind of people they rely on to execute their schemes.

Congratulations on being just another puppet.

Club making more people redundant on 17:50 - Sep 24 with 1668 viewsglanmorjak

Both Dawn Rutherford and Suzan Eames are well respected club employees and were both on the payroll in 2001, Dawn in the Commercial Office and Suzan Eames was managing the laundry before taking over as kit manager, as well as being in charge of all of the bars on match days.
David Morgan is no doubt on the wage bill as he is HJ’s chauffeur on match days.
Club making more people redundant on 17:57 - Sep 24 with 1658 viewsCatullus

Club making more people redundant on 12:47 - Sep 24 by omarjack

Last season:

55 m on playing staff

This season:
25 m on playing staff

Disgusting.

20 million on board members? I won't be sticking up for a board member any time soon, but can you back that claim up with evidence?
A large part of our expense is the Academy and the coaches, teachers and whichever other staff are necessary to keep it running. I seem to remember that being put at around 5 million per year.
So besides matchday staff (bar staff, turnstyle operators and stewards) just how many other non playing/coaching staff do we have?
The food outlets are franchised aren't they? So we don't pay those staff.
Then there's the obvious mistake, in the EPL our playing staff wages were at least 30 million higher. You couldn't use that figure though because you couldn't deliberately post absurdly high wages for other staff.
The WOL ran with this https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-citys-full-wa which says non playing wages came to around £880,000 and that included directors wages and our players wages were around 82 million having been reduced from the year before and we made a profit of around 10 million.
Our wages to income ratio was 84% and we had the worst commercial retrun in the EPL.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Club making more people redundant on 18:21 - Sep 24 with 1635 viewsscruffyjack

That's all a bonus.

Just saying like.

Dawn has been there for 18 years.

Just saying like.

Know your Fcking history.
Club making more people redundant on 18:27 - Sep 24 with 1626 viewsomarjack

Club making more people redundant on 17:57 - Sep 24 by Catullus

20 million on board members? I won't be sticking up for a board member any time soon, but can you back that claim up with evidence?
A large part of our expense is the Academy and the coaches, teachers and whichever other staff are necessary to keep it running. I seem to remember that being put at around 5 million per year.
So besides matchday staff (bar staff, turnstyle operators and stewards) just how many other non playing/coaching staff do we have?
Then there's the obvious mistake, in the EPL our playing staff wages were at least 30 million higher. You couldn't use that figure though because you couldn't deliberately post absurdly high wages for other staff.
The WOL ran with this https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-citys-full-wa which says non playing wages came to around £880,000 and that included directors wages and our players wages were around 82 million having been reduced from the year before and we made a profit of around 10 million.
Our wages to income ratio was 84% and we had the worst commercial retrun in the EPL.

LOL

Yeah sure let's believe what the "board" say..when I say board I mean Huw, Pearlman, Dineen and the rest of the thieves..and whatever Kaplan & Levien want to take which is included.

You honestly think a championship squad with the exception of very few B list stars cost us 82 m a year? F*cking Tottenham pay their players 85-90 m a year..give me a f*cking break. Everton have a wage bill that is smaller than our reported one..I can't believe how f*cking blind some of our fans are.

Club making more people redundant on 18:48 - Sep 24 with 1600 viewsawayjack

Club making more people redundant on 17:57 - Sep 24 by Catullus

WO link and numbers you reference are for 2016. I don’t agree with Omar breakdown but the costs in 2017 accounts were higher:
Total wages were £99m for players, academy and non-playing staff. Much speculation on breakdown but nothing official. Extraordinarily high in comparison to other PL clubs.
Other operating expenses were £26m. Again extraordinarily high versus peer clubs.

I’m sure you’ve picked up that owners will not disclose cost breakdown to Trust. Per earlier threads issue is not for relatively low paid staff that do a decent job, but how much of these costs are for:

Directors. Have to disclose wages for HJ etc. but all myriad of holding and operating companies make this more complex.
Consultancy. All sorts from US and Board ‘advisors’. Donovan etc..
Management Fees. Fees from likes of SK, DL plus various Owners investment vehicles etc...
Agents Costs. Disclosed at £8m and high versus peers. Complicated by likes of Bony/Ayews.
Related Party Costs. Costs for Builders, Vending Machines, Printers and family members of the the Board / Owners.

Until the Trust confirm they’ve had all requested costs breakdowns, we should be suspicious of of these type of costs and critically how they are to be reduced so we operate within our means as the parachute payments reduce and our income drops to £20m or so.
Club making more people redundant on 19:01 - Sep 24 with 1580 viewsCatullus

Club making more people redundant on 18:48 - Sep 24 by awayjack

WO link and numbers you reference are for 2016. I don’t agree with Omar breakdown but the costs in 2017 accounts were higher:
Total wages were £99m for players, academy and non-playing staff. Much speculation on breakdown but nothing official. Extraordinarily high in comparison to other PL clubs.
Other operating expenses were £26m. Again extraordinarily high versus peer clubs.

I’m sure you’ve picked up that owners will not disclose cost breakdown to Trust. Per earlier threads issue is not for relatively low paid staff that do a decent job, but how much of these costs are for:

Directors. Have to disclose wages for HJ etc. but all myriad of holding and operating companies make this more complex.
Consultancy. All sorts from US and Board ‘advisors’. Donovan etc..
Management Fees. Fees from likes of SK, DL plus various Owners investment vehicles etc...
Agents Costs. Disclosed at £8m and high versus peers. Complicated by likes of Bony/Ayews.
Related Party Costs. Costs for Builders, Vending Machines, Printers and family members of the the Board / Owners.

Until the Trust confirm they’ve had all requested costs breakdowns, we should be suspicious of of these type of costs and critically how they are to be reduced so we operate within our means as the parachute payments reduce and our income drops to £20m or so.

Yes I agree but the general point is still right, Omars figures are way off mark. He claimed 10 million for non playing staff but 2 years ago it was less than 880,000. Did those wages really increase by more than 10 times....in a year?
Our wages to income was put at around 85% last year, Omars math just doesn't add up!!

I don't doubt the directors and owners are hiding something but 20 million going to a handful of people and 10 million on non playing staff????
If 20 million has gone anywhere it is offshore to a hedge fund and not into directors pockets. A cynic might say HJ's wages are hush money and that's why he's still in post though I personally couldn't possibly say such a thing, despite being a cynic.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Club making more people redundant on 19:21 - Sep 24 with 1540 viewsAguycalledJack

Club making more people redundant on 19:01 - Sep 24 by Catullus

Yes I agree but the general point is still right, Omars figures are way off mark. He claimed 10 million for non playing staff but 2 years ago it was less than 880,000. Did those wages really increase by more than 10 times....in a year?
Our wages to income was put at around 85% last year, Omars math just doesn't add up!!

I don't doubt the directors and owners are hiding something but 20 million going to a handful of people and 10 million on non playing staff????
If 20 million has gone anywhere it is offshore to a hedge fund and not into directors pockets. A cynic might say HJ's wages are hush money and that's why he's still in post though I personally couldn't possibly say such a thing, despite being a cynic.

What difference does it make if 20 mil has gone to directors or a hedge fund?

It has still gone out of the club in some shape or form.

If the board had nothing to hide they would disclose the figures.

By way, does anybody know what the overspend was when building the training facilities/ Landore and who’s company built them?
[Post edited 24 Sep 2018 19:22]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024