Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We 18:12 - Sep 22 with 6239 viewsangryjack

Have already loaned this year's parachute payments and some of next year's sphere has this money gone?not giving no names away but a fella I wa watching game with today is high up in Barclays bank and showed me the account and paperwork from companies house...rinsing us
We on 18:14 - Sep 22 with 4480 viewsangryjack

Showed me actual date it was transacted as well 28th august
We on 18:18 - Sep 22 with 4429 viewstrinityann

We on 18:14 - Sep 22 by angryjack

Showed me actual date it was transacted as well 28th august

He should be sacked for revealing information like that and if it's true, its no surprise. We were doing something similar in Premier League borrowing against future payments.
We on 18:19 - Sep 22 with 4427 viewslidojack

Someone feel free to correct me but have we not always loaned money early based on guaranteed future earnings to help with cash flow?

Or am I completely missing the point of this.
We on 18:21 - Sep 22 with 4396 viewsjasper_T

That information is freely available you didn't need a bloke from Barclays to reveal it to you. We discussed it in depth here at the time.
We on 18:22 - Sep 22 with 4377 viewsjasper_T

We on 18:19 - Sep 22 by lidojack

Someone feel free to correct me but have we not always loaned money early based on guaranteed future earnings to help with cash flow?

Or am I completely missing the point of this.

We always get the season tv cash up front through Barclays. We don't always get the first payment of the next year as well, but this isn't the first time it's happened, either.
We on 18:41 - Sep 22 with 4214 viewspeenemunde

I’m sure angryjack will soon announce that Swansea have been relegated from the premier league. 🤣
We on 19:19 - Sep 22 with 4114 viewsbyron

Serious stuff, you are deep in the doo doo folks....whaddayado?

Benny

We on 19:58 - Sep 22 with 4002 viewsangryjack

We on 18:41 - Sep 22 by peenemunde

I’m sure angryjack will soon announce that Swansea have been relegated from the premier league. 🤣

Ye but some of next year's as well where's it gone ? With all transfer kitty as well we being rite done over
Login to get fewer ads

We on 20:10 - Sep 22 with 3967 viewsNewhousemustscore

Some years ago ITV digital went bust & a lot of clubs struggled as a result. I seem to recall at the time Jenkins saying we'd be ok because we hadn't spent the money as we hadn't received it. It seemed like basic housekeeping at the time. I only pay for things when I have enough money. Somewhere over the years the policy seems to be to spend the money before we get it in. Hence, last year's money received at the end of the season (calculated after tv money & your finishing position in the league) was already spent last season. They were gambling with our future.
We on 20:35 - Sep 22 with 3887 viewsItchySphincter

We on 20:10 - Sep 22 by Newhousemustscore

Some years ago ITV digital went bust & a lot of clubs struggled as a result. I seem to recall at the time Jenkins saying we'd be ok because we hadn't spent the money as we hadn't received it. It seemed like basic housekeeping at the time. I only pay for things when I have enough money. Somewhere over the years the policy seems to be to spend the money before we get it in. Hence, last year's money received at the end of the season (calculated after tv money & your finishing position in the league) was already spent last season. They were gambling with our future.

Cashflow.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

We on 21:27 - Sep 22 with 3771 viewsraynor94

We on 19:58 - Sep 22 by angryjack

Ye but some of next year's as well where's it gone ? With all transfer kitty as well we being rite done over

Try looking at our wage bill, it might give you a clue

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

We on 21:34 - Sep 22 with 3746 viewsangryjack

We on 21:27 - Sep 22 by raynor94

Try looking at our wage bill, it might give you a clue

We got nearly all the high earners off the bill and sold a load can't see our wage bill being sky high with kids and 5 million a year with bony which is peanuts with the parachute payments
We on 21:42 - Sep 22 with 3718 viewsraynor94

We on 21:34 - Sep 22 by angryjack

We got nearly all the high earners off the bill and sold a load can't see our wage bill being sky high with kids and 5 million a year with bony which is peanuts with the parachute payments

Bony, Dyer, Narsingh and Routledge. That's a pretty penny.

In fairness the right action has been taken here, or we could be a Pompey or Southampton.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

We on 21:46 - Sep 22 with 3710 viewsSwanjaxs

This ship sailed long ago in fairness, we all could see what was going on... right in front of our eyes, some tried to get protests going but 99% couldn't be arsed... suck it up because it will get +10 times worse 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

We on 00:02 - Sep 23 with 3540 viewsLoyal

We on 19:19 - Sep 22 by byron

It's virtually impossible for the club to be in the shit, no matter how much you say it.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

We on 10:38 - Sep 23 with 3317 viewsawayjack

We on 21:42 - Sep 22 by raynor94

In fairness the right action has been taken here, or we could be a Pompey or Southampton.

Yup being like Southampton would be a nightmare.
We on 11:14 - Sep 23 with 3253 viewsCatullus

We on 21:42 - Sep 22 by raynor94

Yep, if Dyer, Nars and Routs are on 40k per week that's (including possibly 6 for Bony) 12 million. Parachute payments more than cover it.
I'm not saying we shouldn't be a bit concerned but we do borrow against guaranteed future income.
If the Americans are funnelling income out of the club and using parachute payments to hide it, that's a worry but until someone can prove that then what do we do?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

We on 11:24 - Sep 23 with 3226 viewsicecoldjack

We on 11:14 - Sep 23 by Catullus

Yep, if Dyer, Nars and Routs are on 40k per week that's (including possibly 6 for Bony) 12 million. Parachute payments more than cover it.
I'm not saying we shouldn't be a bit concerned but we do borrow against guaranteed future income.
If the Americans are funnelling income out of the club and using parachute payments to hide it, that's a worry but until someone can prove that then what do we do?

They arn't on that kind of money though, even in the prem they wernt on 40 k a week. Think relegation clause and a smoke and mirrors ploy from the club making us believe all the money is gone through wages of players when it's gone through other expenditures.

No doubt the wage bill needed sorting out, they've done that, and some more, the money from previous deals will be dripping in for a few years yet, along with parachute payments, the problem is that we have too many people taking a cut and it just a few players like dyer and routs.

The yanks and Huw and co. Are fleecing us and have been for years, why people can't see it is a real mystery.
We on 11:39 - Sep 23 with 3196 viewsA_Fans_Dad

We on 18:18 - Sep 22 by trinityann

He should be sacked for revealing information like that and if it's true, its no surprise. We were doing something similar in Premier League borrowing against future payments.

If it is in Company House accounts it is already "public knowledge" is is not?
We on 11:57 - Sep 23 with 3155 viewssomersetsimon

We on 11:39 - Sep 23 by A_Fans_Dad

If it is in Company House accounts it is already "public knowledge" is is not?

I thought the OP claimed he had been shown account information (including transaction dates), not just public info. If this is true then the bank and the club should investigate.
We on 12:00 - Sep 23 with 3147 viewsA_Fans_Dad

We on 11:57 - Sep 23 by somersetsimon

I thought the OP claimed he had been shown account information (including transaction dates), not just public info. If this is true then the bank and the club should investigate.

Quote "Barclays bank and showed me the account and paperwork from companies house".
From Companies House being the operative words.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2018 12:01]
We on 12:01 - Sep 23 with 3146 viewsJacket

We on 20:10 - Sep 22 by Newhousemustscore

Very different times I'm afraid. Under 23s are now on more than first teamers were back then. How much would the likes of Trundle have been on back then? You'd probably get change on a grand. He's probably getting more whiping tables up at hospitality now than we payed him as a player. Different times mean different business practices.
We on 12:05 - Sep 23 with 3131 viewsDr_Winston

We on 12:01 - Sep 23 by Jacket

Very different times I'm afraid. Under 23s are now on more than first teamers were back then. How much would the likes of Trundle have been on back then? You'd probably get change on a grand. He's probably getting more whiping tables up at hospitality now than we payed him as a player. Different times mean different business practices.

Trundle was on ten grand a week when we were still in League One.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

We on 12:08 - Sep 23 with 3128 viewsjackrabbit

We on 19:19 - Sep 22 by byron

You know, I've been on the CCMB site a few times since yesterday's pasting by Man City, - just reading the comments- and I'm proud to report back that not once have I seen a posting from a Swans fan gleefully revelling in their misery. Yes there's been plenty on here, but that's because it's a Swans site. You should always respect your opponent's messageboard. I well remember August 2011 and Swans's first ever PL game, losing 4-0 at the Etihad. Some of the comments on CCMB were how it was 'embarrassing' and 'shaming Wales'. What goes around comes around, eh? I felt like posting that on CCMB but I didn't. Don't want to add to the misery.
We on 12:14 - Sep 23 with 3115 viewsWhiterockin

We on 21:34 - Sep 22 by angryjack

That's 10% of this years turnover right there. Not peanuts.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024