Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non-disabled actors in disability roles 15:09 - Sep 23 with 1498 viewsCountyJim

Why dont film makers get disabled actors in for roles

Last night my wife and myself watched Dont Breathe and I was thinking is this actor really blind turns out after I looked it up hes sighted so why on earth dont they give roles to more disabled actors
Non-disabled actors in disability roles on 15:14 - Sep 23 with 1488 viewsJango

That’s why it’s called acting.
Non-disabled actors in disability roles on 16:31 - Sep 23 with 1426 viewsHighjack

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Non-disabled actors in disability roles on 16:31 - Sep 23 with 1424 viewsCatullus

Because it's about the quality of the acting, do you give a major role about a slapper ex model to to a slapper ex model who's more wooden than our decking, or to a decent actor?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Non-disabled actors in disability roles on 16:58 - Sep 23 with 1393 viewsHighjack

Non-disabled actors in disability roles on 16:31 - Sep 23 by Catullus

Because it's about the quality of the acting, do you give a major role about a slapper ex model to to a slapper ex model who's more wooden than our decking, or to a decent actor?

Dustin Hoffman’s role in rain man should have gone to a real life mental patient.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Non-disabled actors in disability roles on 19:26 - Sep 23 with 1329 viewsSirjohnalot

Tell me about it. Apparently JR wasn’t actually shot at all, used blanks or something. Want my money back.
Non-disabled actors in disability roles on 20:23 - Sep 23 with 1299 viewsjackportis

Many young actors (typical left wingers). Will have anxiety disorders. Mental health can’t always be seen.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Non-disabled actors in disability roles on 21:23 - Sep 23 with 1264 viewsCatullus

Non-disabled actors in disability roles on 20:23 - Sep 23 by jackportis

Many young actors (typical left wingers). Will have anxiety disorders. Mental health can’t always be seen.

Imagine if they made a film about Andrea Bocelli? he couldn't get the part, how could he read the script?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Non-disabled actors in disability roles on 21:46 - Sep 23 with 1245 viewsjack2jack

Non-disabled actors in disability roles on 21:23 - Sep 23 by Catullus

Imagine if they made a film about Andrea Bocelli? he couldn't get the part, how could he read the script?

Braille
Login to get fewer ads

Non-disabled actors in disability roles on 21:46 - Sep 23 with 1246 viewsDJack

Go on, back those claims up with evidence...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Non-disabled actors in disability roles on 21:52 - Sep 23 with 1240 viewsBrynCartwright

Non-disabled actors in disability roles on 15:14 - Sep 23 by Jango

That’s why it’s called acting.

Why did Daniel Day-Lewis get the role of the paraplegic in My Left Foot..Oh yes..he's an amazing actor that's why (and he can whip you up a great pair of brogues as well). Just allow for meritocracy why don't you without falling foul of the affirmative action bullshit.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Non-disabled actors in disability roles on 22:07 - Sep 23 with 1226 viewsWingstandwood

Your critique and hard-hitting appraisal regarding the 'world-of-light-entertainment-performing arts' has always been highly valued by myself!

A previous judgement (by yourself) regarding the overrated 'talent(s)' of the overhyped Morecambe And Wise will always stick in my mind and thats despite that being quite a few years back. You're not one of the fawning sheep JP!

I find the 'suffer-for-their-art' seriousness and pretentiousness from actors intriguing....The actor-speak proclamation of how 'demanding' a role Hamlet is and what a toll it can take on personal wellbeing really hits home the fragile nature of some actors. I hope they don't get longterm PTSD from it!

Argus!

Non-disabled actors in disability roles on 22:29 - Sep 23 with 1208 viewsjackportis

Non-disabled actors in disability roles on 22:07 - Sep 23 by Wingstandwood

Your critique and hard-hitting appraisal regarding the 'world-of-light-entertainment-performing arts' has always been highly valued by myself!

A previous judgement (by yourself) regarding the overrated 'talent(s)' of the overhyped Morecambe And Wise will always stick in my mind and thats despite that being quite a few years back. You're not one of the fawning sheep JP!

I find the 'suffer-for-their-art' seriousness and pretentiousness from actors intriguing....The actor-speak proclamation of how 'demanding' a role Hamlet is and what a toll it can take on personal wellbeing really hits home the fragile nature of some actors. I hope they don't get longterm PTSD from it!

Great post and thank you.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Non-disabled actors in disability roles on 22:31 - Sep 23 with 1202 viewsjackportis

Non-disabled actors in disability roles on 21:46 - Sep 23 by DJack

JP advises to google this subject matter. Many many articles come up.

Non-disabled actors in disability roles on 01:34 - Sep 24 with 1160 viewsDJack

Non-disabled actors in disability roles on 22:31 - Sep 23 by jackportis

JP advises to google this subject matter. Many many articles come up.

Google many articles...so you can't back up your claims. Thanks for clearing that up.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Non-disabled actors in disability roles on 09:23 - Sep 24 with 1078 viewsHighjack

Non-disabled actors in disability roles on 21:52 - Sep 23 by BrynCartwright

Why did Daniel Day-Lewis get the role of the paraplegic in My Left Foot..Oh yes..he's an amazing actor that's why (and he can whip you up a great pair of brogues as well). Just allow for meritocracy why don't you without falling foul of the affirmative action bullshit.

Heath Ledger was a great actor but I doubt he had much real life experience of being bummed in a tent by a cowboy. That role should have gone to a gay cowboy as they are horrifically under represented in the acting industry.

Non-disabled actors in disability roles on 12:59 - Sep 24 with 1030 viewsMo_Wives

Non-disabled actors in disability roles on 21:46 - Sep 23 by DJack

One does not ask the JP to back up his claims. One instead tries to understand the nature of the JP and then accepts that one day evidence and google may catch up with him.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Non-disabled actors in disability roles on 23:33 - Sep 24 with 941 viewsDJack

Non-disabled actors in disability roles on 12:59 - Sep 24 by Mo_Wives

One does not ask the JP to back up his claims. One instead tries to understand the nature of the JP and then accepts that one day evidence and google may catch up with him.

He is more irritating than you...

Non-disabled actors in disability roles on 21:15 - Sep 26 with 830 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ironside.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Non-disabled actors in disability roles on 21:24 - Sep 26 with 822 viewsCatullus

Randall and Hopkirk (deceased), Ghost......you'd need a psychic to cast them!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024