Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
With just three wins from nine games 17:27 - Sep 23 with 4374 viewsswancity

And a pathetic seven goals scored and in 14th position of a decidedly mediocre yet competitive League our fans seem easily pleased.
Its fairly poor standard stuff isn't it.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

With just three wins from nine games on 21:10 - Sep 23 with 1143 viewsTailGunner

With just three wins from nine games on 20:38 - Sep 23 by swancity

There is a lack of real quality at the Club. The squad is barely of average Championship standard. The likes of McBurnie is seen as a leading light and saviour.
The downturn in fortunes at the club over the past 2/3 seasons has been alarming. On and off the pitch there's nothing to get excited about when you compare this team with the talent we previously had.
Seven goals from nine games is a hopeless return. If you're happy with the current situation you're easily pleased. The reality is that there's much to be concerned about, on and off the pitch behind the scenes...

Of the pitch we are skint and ambition less

That was not the point of your attack.
Your attack was in the playing side.
We are getting there.

You sound like a fan who is still to come to terms with relegation

We've been through far worse.

Man up.
With just three wins from nine games on 21:20 - Sep 23 with 1125 viewsCaptain_Sham

Car crash of a thread from a car crash of a poster.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2018 21:20]

Its just a ride.

With just three wins from nine games on 21:45 - Sep 23 with 1105 viewsDJack

With just three wins from nine games on 21:20 - Sep 23 by Captain_Sham

Car crash of a thread from a car crash of a poster.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2018 21:20]

It's Nigelm_nis isn't it.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

With just three wins from nine games on 23:46 - Sep 23 with 1016 viewsWingstandwood

With just three wins from nine games on 20:38 - Sep 23 by swancity

There is a lack of real quality at the Club. The squad is barely of average Championship standard. The likes of McBurnie is seen as a leading light and saviour.
The downturn in fortunes at the club over the past 2/3 seasons has been alarming. On and off the pitch there's nothing to get excited about when you compare this team with the talent we previously had.
Seven goals from nine games is a hopeless return. If you're happy with the current situation you're easily pleased. The reality is that there's much to be concerned about, on and off the pitch behind the scenes...

I can see your perceptive especially when it is evaluated by means of Jenkins "next level" promise or rather the damn out and out lie it well and truly was! The current team by comparison to previous Rodgers and Laudrups is no "next level". In fact the Championship team that got SCFC promoted to the PL is better than the current.

There should indeed be other concerns also e.g. off the pitch i.e what happens when the parachute payments dry up etc? And how the hell will the club be capable of keeping the manager if and when clubs with far greater ambition and money come a knocking? Will the club still be paying ridiculous Premier League wages to Jenkins, Pearlman, Dineen, Money-Ball etc.

I actually believe some supporters are happy because the/their personal benchmark/expectations have fallen so low that anything higher than a relegation place/fight is deemed o.k.

Argus!

With just three wins from nine games on 23:55 - Sep 23 with 1005 views_

With just three wins from nine games on 23:46 - Sep 23 by Wingstandwood

I can see your perceptive especially when it is evaluated by means of Jenkins "next level" promise or rather the damn out and out lie it well and truly was! The current team by comparison to previous Rodgers and Laudrups is no "next level". In fact the Championship team that got SCFC promoted to the PL is better than the current.

There should indeed be other concerns also e.g. off the pitch i.e what happens when the parachute payments dry up etc? And how the hell will the club be capable of keeping the manager if and when clubs with far greater ambition and money come a knocking? Will the club still be paying ridiculous Premier League wages to Jenkins, Pearlman, Dineen, Money-Ball etc.

I actually believe some supporters are happy because the/their personal benchmark/expectations have fallen so low that anything higher than a relegation place/fight is deemed o.k.

How the hell were we ever capable of appointing a Martinez in League 1 or a Rodgers in the Championship.

What a truly bunk comment.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

With just three wins from nine games on 11:01 - Sep 24 with 892 viewsswancity

With just three wins from nine games on 21:10 - Sep 23 by TailGunner

Of the pitch we are skint and ambition less

That was not the point of your attack.
Your attack was in the playing side.
We are getting there.

You sound like a fan who is still to come to terms with relegation

We've been through far worse.

Man up.

The playing side is directly linked to what goes on off the pitch though.

A club in disarray at the top will rarely be doing well on the pitch

As for getting there ? Getting where ? It’s pretty turgid mundane boring stuff in the main and not a very good standard of boring stuff either. The current players seem to be giving it everything it’s just that the standard has dropped significantly

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

With just three wins from nine games on 11:53 - Sep 24 with 850 viewsTailGunner

With just three wins from nine games on 11:01 - Sep 24 by swancity

As for getting there ? Getting where ? It’s pretty turgid mundane boring stuff in the main and not a very good standard of boring stuff either. The current players seem to be giving it everything it’s just that the standard has dropped significantly

How about judging us on Leeds performance when we had most available.
The horrendous injury list - affecting the front 3 & creative midfielders - is clearly affecting our attacking potency, but we have learned to battle & 1 shocking offside decision stopped us from getting something at Stoke also.

5 off the top....with plenty to come.
With just three wins from nine games on 11:55 - Sep 24 with 848 viewsjack247

At one end of the spectrum you get the psycophantic nonsense that the Americans are doing a great job and the other end you get shit like this.

There’s a balance. Not everything is sunshine and rainbows, it’s not the death of SCFC either. Can’t understand anyone genuinely subscribing to either view.
Login to get fewer ads

With just three wins from nine games on 13:53 - Sep 24 with 796 viewsSPboy

With just three wins from nine games on 21:07 - Sep 23 by Catullus

This has been done to death, revived and put back down again, and again. Many aren't happy with the regime but we are backing the team because they are trying, 100% they are trying. Besides which, we can't add to the squad until January so maybe give it a rest and get behind the manager and players....until January anyway.

I don’t see why anyone can say wait until January & see what happens. It is obvious to all that we do not have enough quality in our numbers. We knew that at the beginning of last season, in January last season & before the start of this season. Ditto for most of the last 3 seasons.

The manager may well be working miracles with what he has got. Anyone who has watched the club over the last 10 years will know that our transfer business in January is usually somewhere between appalling & of negligible effect. Buying in January is hit & miss for most clubs as it has been for us. Prepare to be disappointed if you think we will fill the glaring gaps in January
With just three wins from nine games on 14:02 - Sep 24 with 790 viewsploppy

With just three wins from nine games on 13:53 - Sep 24 by SPboy

I don’t see why anyone can say wait until January & see what happens. It is obvious to all that we do not have enough quality in our numbers. We knew that at the beginning of last season, in January last season & before the start of this season. Ditto for most of the last 3 seasons.

The manager may well be working miracles with what he has got. Anyone who has watched the club over the last 10 years will know that our transfer business in January is usually somewhere between appalling & of negligible effect. Buying in January is hit & miss for most clubs as it has been for us. Prepare to be disappointed if you think we will fill the glaring gaps in January

The fact of the matter is, we can't do anything until January anyway. Worrying now about what'll happen in January is futile, and a waste of energy.
With just three wins from nine games on 14:18 - Sep 24 with 770 viewsshandyjack

Ridiculous OP, with me being down Falklands and only being able to watch the live sky games so far, i've missed a few games. However going off Saturdays performance i'd rather take the words of a player involved in the game than some crazy pessimistic fan

Boro keeper Darren Randolph praised Swansea's style.

“Swansea will be a very good team in the Championship,” said the shot-stopper. “They pass it well, they move it well and they will cause a lot of teams a lot of problems and pass teams off the park.

Poll: Expectation for the season

With just three wins from nine games on 15:12 - Sep 24 with 721 viewsmonmouth

With just three wins from nine games on 11:01 - Sep 24 by swancity

What do you suggest? We all take a warm bath and open a vein.

It's what it f*cking is, innit. Life is a bucket of cherries mixed with shit. At the moment so is our club. I'm enjoying that we are at least trying to reboot, after years of a pretty miserable experience, so I'm picking out the cherries.

The only other choice is to drown yourself in the shit, because what we've got, is what we've got.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

With just three wins from nine games on 20:02 - Sep 24 with 646 viewsCatullus

With just three wins from nine games on 13:53 - Sep 24 by SPboy

You summed up perfectly why continual whinging is pointless and will only do harm. We can't change anything by attacking the manager or players or repeatedly saying they lack quality.
Truth is they have shown some quality, especially in defence. They have shown resilience, maturity and a willingness to work hard for each other. I will take those things over several much better players who don't try.
It's not like a lack of quality is purely a Swansea problem, we could have a complete let down in the team getting paid silly money...Alexis Sanches anyone?

Come january we have the chance to make changes, I'm not saying we will or won't but until january, until the transfer window opens we can't sign or sell and should be supporting the players, not doing them down.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024