Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What are we missing and what's to come... 21:57 - Sep 23 with 5082 views_

I think we need to look back on this question after the next 9 or 10 games.

We've got off to a strong, steady start, we're very composed at the back and our un-fashionable players are really staking a claim for their positions.

The last 2 away games we should have had 2 points and they are going to be up there among the hardest away games we'll have all season. They're out the way now and we've got some clearer roads ahead - at least on paper.

I think this run of games coming up is where we should really put all the good things we've taken from the first set of games and really put the pedal to the metal and get at teams high up the pitch - especially our home games.

Dyer and Routs are off the mark and have some much needed minutes under their belt and at home against the weaker teams they could really hurt them. Hopefully we'll see some calm in the ranks in terms of injuries and a run of games with an XI that we can start to describe as our best one.

I think we can go 442 or 4411 in this league, especially at home

------------------- Mulder --------------------
--------------- VdH ---- Rodon ---------------
Roberts ------------------------------ Olsson
---------------- Fer----- Grimes ---------------
Dyer ------------------------------------- Routs
--------------- Celina ---------------------------
------------------- McBurnie -------------------

And this is being really harsh on Naughton not picking him but on the other hand would make our bench really strong and with great options. No doubt Potter would rotate our forward 4 or 5 and this will bring great versatility. Every one can do a job for us on their day. I'm hoping there's some good days ahead.

Throw Bony into the mix and I think we're well on our way to a promotion challenging squad, especially if Potter identifies some targets in January and we get them. (let's not hijack debate with that one comment though, eh!?)

Bench/Squad:

Nordvelt
Declan John
Carter-Vickers
Naughton
Fulton
Carroll
Byers
Asoro
Mckay
Yan Dhanda
Dan James

If most are honest i'm sure you'll agree our squad is a pretty good one all in all and going in the right direction. There's a lot to like with the players listed above.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

What are we missing and what's to come... on 01:08 - Sep 25 with 632 views_

What are we missing and what's to come... on 23:52 - Sep 24 by DJack

"Getting relegated from the hardest league in world football isn't a failure, it's a cyclical event for all bar the super elite. "

In isolation that is correct. BUT the decision making of our board over our last two seasons in the Premier League were the actual reason why we were relegated.

Newsthump headline:

"Man makes confident Know it All statement on football transfers having never been involved in the game."

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

What are we missing and what's to come... on 01:12 - Sep 25 with 632 views_

What are we missing and what's to come... on 00:45 - Sep 25 by dameedna

I would like to see us go more for 433 to answer the future question.

If Bony or Routs play they can hold the ball up well but we make Asoro and McKay look very isolated at times.

No complaints though.

Games have been more entertainingand only the Bristol game was the let down but marginally so.

I am even happy with PS becoming more diamond formation than 433.

You can see what Potter wants and that's a super flexible front 4 interchanging and playing with a positional freedom when attacking.

We've not been able to really get at a team yet but I honestly feel this is coming.

We have had some tough games for this league. There'll be some coming up now where I'm going to go out on a limb and say we'll clearly dominate.

And once we get that foothold I think we'll see the fruits of Potters attacking fluidity

What are we missing and what's to come... on 01:22 - Sep 25 with 627 viewsDJack

What are we missing and what's to come... on 01:08 - Sep 25 by _

Newsthump headline:

"Man makes confident Know it All statement on football transfers having never been involved in the game."

A glib statement that fails to back up your claim. Well done get yourself a biscuit.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024