Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VDH 08:12 - Sep 25 with 6736 views34dfgdf54

Any news on a new contract for him? I believe he's allowed to speak to clubs in January?

Alot predicted on here he would end up being in the team of the year for the Championship come the end of the season, they won't be far wrong. Quality player and you can't underestimate what he's doing to help Rodon along either.

Top class defender.
VDH on 11:56 - Sep 26 with 887 views_

VDH on 10:21 - Sep 26 by Croftyjack

Thought you said there's a plan in place...now your hoping!!
Look I'm a positive optimistic person, I run 2 business and am forward thinking.
Unfortunately though I can see what is going on and it is being disguised as rebuilding...let me tell you the proof will be in the pudding if VDH and Fer are offered new deals. It will say a lot about where we want to go..if every football club allowed players who wanted to leave go then they would all be at 2 clubs in Spain.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2018 10:23]

Well they've said there's a plan. They've said we had to take our medicine and they appointed Potter and they're blooding exciting youngsters. They also wanted to keep Fer and VdH you'd assume as they were never talked about as in leaving in the Summer. They knocked back offers for McBurnie and gave him a new contract. They're in talks with Rodon, Roberts and Natty Grimes about renewing their deals. Bear in mind we're only in September of a new season!!

They've also spent money on Celina, McKay, Asoro, Dhanda, Carter Vickers and John. We were 100% in the running for Woods but we felt the price was too high when weighed up with what we'd got for Clucas, Ayew etc etc.

We've got a manager and team more responsible for football acquisitions and we're playing an exciting brand of football with a very young squad you'd like to think will only get better.

By hoping, I mean I don't sit in the Boardroom and I'm not involved in their decision making, so what else am I expected to do, apart from, of course, take ALL OF THE ABOVE into account when forming an opinion.

Because that all seems like a facking plan to me mate.

What businesses do you run?

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

VDH on 11:58 - Sep 26 with 884 views_

VDH on 10:42 - Sep 26 by MrSwerve

I don't think you'll find one real Swans fan that would want anything different.

If that's the case there's going to be a hatful of people on here going to look very stupid.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

VDH on 11:59 - Sep 26 with 883 views_

VDH on 10:55 - Sep 26 by swan65split

Good post.

Good post? 😂

Who were these people then?

VDH on 12:18 - Sep 26 with 846 views34dfgdf54

VDH on 11:58 - Sep 26 by _

If that's the case there's going to be a hatful of people on here going to look very stupid.

Glass houses and all that Chris, remember the Tom Carroll shout?

I thought Routledge was awful in the Premier League, but confident he can do something along the way in the Championship, not so sure with Dyer at the moment.
VDH on 12:19 - Sep 26 with 844 viewsswan65split

VDH on 11:59 - Sep 26 by _

Good post? 😂

Who were these people then?

What?! he who knows everything dont know?
VDH on 12:22 - Sep 26 with 840 viewsswan65split

sadly I think both have had their day, was a massive routs fan a few years ago, but he seems to have lost it a bit, looked a bit off the pace the other game.
VDH on 12:49 - Sep 26 with 815 viewschad

One plan that is clearly in place and has been from the outset is the new owners get out plan if things go wrong

Jason made no attempt to deny this when I put it directly to him long ago. Why would he it is obvious, we do well to remember their objective is profit but failing that getting as much out as they can to replace what they put in the sellouts pockets.

When things go well we can work together for a common success / profit but when things go downhill (as they already significantly have) we should make no mistake what will happen at some stage if we are not lucky enough to get back up with minimal expenditure. Every penny possible, that has gone into the sellouts pockets will be screwed out of the club.

In fact I would suggest they would be negligent in their primary profit objectives if they were not already lining up their ducks at a detailed level.

We would be negligent if we are not looking to protect our 20+ million in order to protect the club in future if and when it has been bled dry.
VDH on 13:17 - Sep 26 with 793 views_

VDH on 12:18 - Sep 26 by 34dfgdf54

Glass houses and all that Chris, remember the Tom Carroll shout?

I thought Routledge was awful in the Premier League, but confident he can do something along the way in the Championship, not so sure with Dyer at the moment.

No, what was the Tom Carroll shout?

Login to get fewer ads

VDH on 13:18 - Sep 26 with 792 views_

VDH on 12:19 - Sep 26 by swan65split

What?! he who knows everything dont know?

I've no idea, you're right. I'll happily admit that.

Who were they then?

VDH on 13:20 - Sep 26 with 789 views_

VDH on 12:49 - Sep 26 by chad

One plan that is clearly in place and has been from the outset is the new owners get out plan if things go wrong

Jason made no attempt to deny this when I put it directly to him long ago. Why would he it is obvious, we do well to remember their objective is profit but failing that getting as much out as they can to replace what they put in the sellouts pockets.

When things go well we can work together for a common success / profit but when things go downhill (as they already significantly have) we should make no mistake what will happen at some stage if we are not lucky enough to get back up with minimal expenditure. Every penny possible, that has gone into the sellouts pockets will be screwed out of the club.

In fact I would suggest they would be negligent in their primary profit objectives if they were not already lining up their ducks at a detailed level.

We would be negligent if we are not looking to protect our 20+ million in order to protect the club in future if and when it has been bled dry.

If you've got absolutely no idea how they're going to bleed us dry it's your posting the only thing negligent around here.

VDH on 13:42 - Sep 26 with 748 viewsswan65split

VDH on 13:18 - Sep 26 by _

I've no idea, you're right. I'll happily admit that.

Who were they then?

Ask your feeders....
[Post edited 26 Sep 2018 13:43]
VDH on 13:45 - Sep 26 with 746 viewsswan65split

VDH on 11:56 - Sep 26 by _

Well they've said there's a plan. They've said we had to take our medicine and they appointed Potter and they're blooding exciting youngsters. They also wanted to keep Fer and VdH you'd assume as they were never talked about as in leaving in the Summer. They knocked back offers for McBurnie and gave him a new contract. They're in talks with Rodon, Roberts and Natty Grimes about renewing their deals. Bear in mind we're only in September of a new season!!

They've also spent money on Celina, McKay, Asoro, Dhanda, Carter Vickers and John. We were 100% in the running for Woods but we felt the price was too high when weighed up with what we'd got for Clucas, Ayew etc etc.

We've got a manager and team more responsible for football acquisitions and we're playing an exciting brand of football with a very young squad you'd like to think will only get better.

By hoping, I mean I don't sit in the Boardroom and I'm not involved in their decision making, so what else am I expected to do, apart from, of course, take ALL OF THE ABOVE into account when forming an opinion.

Because that all seems like a facking plan to me mate.

What businesses do you run?

2nd paragraph, second line ...."we?"
VDH on 13:47 - Sep 26 with 744 views34dfgdf54

VDH on 13:17 - Sep 26 by _

No, what was the Tom Carroll shout?

I seem to remember the Tom Carroll shouts, our David Silva etc?

I can remember a potential bet with someone, Pencoed I think? Maybe wrong, that Tammy would definitely score more league goals than Llorente, Carroll wouldn't be far off Siggy.

Nothing wrong with that, you had faith in the lads and put your opinion forward, but it didn't work out that way, it happens. Like you say, opinions can change over time. If Routs and Dyer perform then it's happy days all round.
VDH on 14:42 - Sep 26 with 707 viewschad

VDH on 13:20 - Sep 26 by _

If you've got absolutely no idea how they're going to bleed us dry it's your posting the only thing negligent around here.

Negligent in what way? I would rather call being aware of the obvious potential scenarios diligent in protection of our club.

There is no doubt they would have a get out plan before they paid over a penny. It is just basic business sense and why Jason would not deny it.

Do you not think at some point if things do not go their way, venture capitalist will not call it quits and claw back everything they can. It is the nature of the beast.

Why register the company in Delaware. Why have they been withholding information from the Trust. It is their business, they ensured they had control and they will run it as best suits their prime objective.

I would be surprised if you could deny their prime objective was profit.

The massively underhand way the sale was carried out speaks volumes of their methods
VDH on 15:06 - Sep 26 with 687 views_

VDH on 13:42 - Sep 26 by swan65split

Ask your feeders....
[Post edited 26 Sep 2018 13:43]

As I thought. No facking clue either

VDH on 15:06 - Sep 26 with 686 views_

VDH on 13:45 - Sep 26 by swan65split

2nd paragraph, second line ...."we?"

You're just a bit weird mate.

VDH on 15:12 - Sep 26 with 676 views_

VDH on 13:47 - Sep 26 by 34dfgdf54

I seem to remember the Tom Carroll shouts, our David Silva etc?

I can remember a potential bet with someone, Pencoed I think? Maybe wrong, that Tammy would definitely score more league goals than Llorente, Carroll wouldn't be far off Siggy.

Nothing wrong with that, you had faith in the lads and put your opinion forward, but it didn't work out that way, it happens. Like you say, opinions can change over time. If Routs and Dyer perform then it's happy days all round.

Ah I see, you think I shouldn't be bullish and hopeful about our players because it could make me look silly.

Fair enough.

I was glad we were moving away from Siggy and Llorente but as it turned out, what I stated should happen came a season too late. I would've hoped to have seen a Potterball in Jan 2017 and at the time I had Clement all wrong. I actually thought he had something about him and we were going to play real football under him.

Got that completely wrong

VDH on 15:14 - Sep 26 with 672 views_

But anyway, to go back to Loyal and now the simpleton Banana splits or whatever he's called are referring to....

Who were the 'fan villains' during the Petty era? Clearly banana bloke hasn't got a clue but does anyone know?

Talk of free season tickets, what else did they do or get?

VDH on 15:16 - Sep 26 with 671 viewsicecoldjack

VDH on 12:43 - Sep 25 by _

No, it's too easy for our fans to make demands when they haven't got the faintest clue what's going on behind the scenes, including the very real prospect of VdH potentially not wanting a new deal from us.

PS there's other posters you can reply to 😂

So I asked you directly " so YOU know what's going on behind the scenes then ? Please do tell"

You never replied, then later on you follow up with an assumption
"Well they've said there's a plan. They've said we had to take our medicine and they appointed Potter and they're blooding exciting youngsters. They also wanted to keep Fer and VdH you'd assume as they were never talked about as in leaving in the Summer.

By hoping, I mean I don't sit in the Boardroom and I'm not involved in their decision making, so what else am I expected to do, apart from, of course, take ALL OF THE ABOVE into account when forming an opinion. "

So you slag off other poster because they "don't have the faintest clue about what's going on behind the scenes " and you then admit you also dont have the faintest clue wjats going on behind the scenes either !

Talk about spewing out utter rubbish, priceless stuff yet again.

Utterly clueless fair play.

The yanks and Huw have said a lot of things, most of it not true, they are telling lies to the fans on a regular basis and people such as yourself are becoming part of the problem by not dealing in common sense but hanging on to a romantic notion that a bunch of hedge funders love us to bits and will take the required duty of care, they arn't here for the love they are here to extract money , and people like you are practically helping them fill their boots by following some bizarre narrative that has them down as heros for employing a manager who despite the owners fookin him around has done well enough to keep our heads above water with a team of youngsters.

We have 1 senior centre half, 1 fit striker and a load of wingers most teams don't want. Time to get real fella. How is that part of some great fookin plan ?
[Post edited 26 Sep 2018 15:20]
VDH on 15:20 - Sep 26 with 668 viewsjasper_T

1 senior centre half isn't a problem when you've got three cracking junior ones.
VDH on 15:28 - Sep 26 with 650 viewsicecoldjack

VDH on 15:20 - Sep 26 by jasper_T

1 senior centre half isn't a problem when you've got three cracking junior ones.

But did the yanks know that in july ?

Of course not, it's a high risk gamble that has paid off not some master plan that was always going to be followed.

The gamble is the future of the club, but hey, maybe they fancy us going into L1 where the wages will be more to their liking .
[Post edited 26 Sep 2018 15:30]
VDH on 15:35 - Sep 26 with 642 viewsicecoldjack

VDH on 08:20 - Sep 25 by _

He is but it's a tricky situation we're in as he's already on an EPL wage and then we'll be increasing it.

It's too easy for fans to want, want, want, it's all got to be budgeted and paid for.

That said, I'd love to hear we've tied him down a bit longer.

See this is another load of tosh, we can't have it both ways.

1. Is he on a premier league wage ? If he is how much ?
2. Was Huw telling lies when he said that all players have relegation clauses in their contracts.

So we are relegated but VDH is somehow still on a premier league wage ? Is Huw Jenkins telling lies or you just making up a load of b@llocks as you go along ?
VDH on 15:44 - Sep 26 with 636 viewsjasper_T

VDH on 15:28 - Sep 26 by icecoldjack

But did the yanks know that in july ?

Of course not, it's a high risk gamble that has paid off not some master plan that was always going to be followed.

The gamble is the future of the club, but hey, maybe they fancy us going into L1 where the wages will be more to their liking .
[Post edited 26 Sep 2018 15:30]

We'd made enquiries for Carter-Vickers back in July, yeah. Joe Rodon was not plan A. Selling Fede and Amat (who both wanted to leave) was a late decision that surprised many but there was a backup plan in place.

There was definitely some gambling and timing problems involved but there's no point running a cat. one academy if you can't have faith that some of the lads can step up and do a job in the second tier. If Joe wasn't able to cope we had Cian waiting for his chance as well. He and Brandon Cooper were excellent against Palace.
VDH on 16:16 - Sep 26 with 615 viewsicecoldjack

VDH on 15:44 - Sep 26 by jasper_T

We'd made enquiries for Carter-Vickers back in July, yeah. Joe Rodon was not plan A. Selling Fede and Amat (who both wanted to leave) was a late decision that surprised many but there was a backup plan in place.

There was definitely some gambling and timing problems involved but there's no point running a cat. one academy if you can't have faith that some of the lads can step up and do a job in the second tier. If Joe wasn't able to cope we had Cian waiting for his chance as well. He and Brandon Cooper were excellent against Palace.

Yes indeed, and no doubt that was a plan to a certain degree, truth is you never know how players will cope and you never know if after the first few games the enthusiasm wears off and they start to struggle, it's a huge gamble that's why 90% of the teams in this league don't play 4/5 young players from their u 23's week in week out.

2 senior centre halves minimum in this robust league is almost a given, but throwing in unproven players as your main plan is reckless, the fact potter has got a tune out of them is almost irrelevant, and I'd like to see how every other team started the season in the make or break positions of defender and attacker to back up my point.

While some of the boys were great against palace I remember Kerry Morgan being great against Bristol city a few years back, doesn't mean much unless proven over time, we've yet to know what will happen, luckily for us some of those boys look the business .
VDH on 16:16 - Sep 26 with 616 viewsAce_Jack

VDH on 20:39 - Sep 25 by _

There is literally no point debating with cretins like this Ace Jack

There's clearly a plan in place and it's not all going to be to the appreciation of everyone. They've explained we've got to take our hard medicine etc.

But let's face it, some fans minds are made up and they'll twist and contort every piece of information to stick the knives in further.

That's what make me sick to my stomach, that and the sheer lack of intelligence shown by so many. Literally like banging your head against a brick wall.

Anyone still mentioning Petty in this current context is basically announcing to the world they're just a bit thick

Every fan knows the owners and sellouts have a plan. Everyone can see that plan and everyone should hate that plan. That’s because the plan is to squeeze every penny out of our football club to make themselves independently wealthy off the back of our club.

They’ve sold our best players and not reinvested from day one. Theyve stripped the squad and replaced them with youngsters.The next stage will be when they sell Olly, Carrol, Rodon and anyone else worth a bit of money. What will the excuse be then? That we can’t afford our youngsters? What other relegated clubs have had their squad decimated like ours, only to be replaced with youngsters? Not stoke or West Brom, so much for the next level investment.

Petty came to Swansea to make money off the club and the Yanks came to Swansea to make money off the club. Both showed a total disregard for the fans and the future prospects of our football club. The only difference this time is the enablers have stayed around because their hands are physically stuck in the till.

God knows where we end up but in 10 years time, but your posts and attitude won’t be forgotten in a hurry.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024