Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VDH 08:12 - Sep 25 with 6738 views34dfgdf54

Any news on a new contract for him? I believe he's allowed to speak to clubs in January?

Alot predicted on here he would end up being in the team of the year for the Championship come the end of the season, they won't be far wrong. Quality player and you can't underestimate what he's doing to help Rodon along either.

Top class defender.
VDH on 12:09 - Sep 27 with 750 viewsBadlands

VDH on 21:06 - Sep 26 by icecoldjack

Who said I was worried ? Once again you are missing the point completely ! And that is our current good fortune of young players being able to step up is more luck than judgement from our owners, the way they are running our club is reckless and we all know it.

None of your comment s add up here, " have to let it go" ? I let it go back in july, same as most others but what I won't let go is people pretending our club is in safe hands when lie after lie is pushed out and we are not giving our fans , manager and players the help they need because too many people are using scfc as a cash cow.

'And that is our current good fortune of young players being able to step up is more luck than judgement from our owners,'???
WTF.
Prior to the current shareholding portfolio and into it the current one our Academy and the 'under' system has been developed and significant investment has been provided. We have sought out and brought in prospects from around Europe was well as local players who among the best on offer.

"The future of our academy is vital for the long-term future of the club," Jenkins said. "Apart from these facilities on show, we have made a massive investment in staffing levels throughout the many age groups.
"We are determined to look after our youngsters, the vast majority of whom come from our local community, and provide them with the very best coaching and well-being advice that is available."
Jenkins on the clubs £2.5 million ADDITIONAL investment in the Landore facility. (2016)

The success of players coming through (into this league) has been achieved through hard work, ambition and sound management. (I don't believe here players would have been good enough for the Premier League had we stayed up, they might been; a cat of 1 step back for 2 steps forward in their careers.

'we are not giving our fans , manager and players the help they need '
What is that? Good football (it's improving), fantastic facilities, manager had free reign to bring in support squad, he has a strong influence on who come in and out (within financial sensible restrictions) financial prudence.

As for the 'cash cow' comment ... jeeeezuz that's getting tiring.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

VDH on 13:04 - Sep 27 with 702 views_

VDH on 12:09 - Sep 27 by Badlands

'And that is our current good fortune of young players being able to step up is more luck than judgement from our owners,'???
WTF.
Prior to the current shareholding portfolio and into it the current one our Academy and the 'under' system has been developed and significant investment has been provided. We have sought out and brought in prospects from around Europe was well as local players who among the best on offer.

"The future of our academy is vital for the long-term future of the club," Jenkins said. "Apart from these facilities on show, we have made a massive investment in staffing levels throughout the many age groups.
"We are determined to look after our youngsters, the vast majority of whom come from our local community, and provide them with the very best coaching and well-being advice that is available."
Jenkins on the clubs £2.5 million ADDITIONAL investment in the Landore facility. (2016)

The success of players coming through (into this league) has been achieved through hard work, ambition and sound management. (I don't believe here players would have been good enough for the Premier League had we stayed up, they might been; a cat of 1 step back for 2 steps forward in their careers.

What is that? Good football (it's improving), fantastic facilities, manager had free reign to bring in support squad, he has a strong influence on who come in and out (within financial sensible restrictions) financial prudence.

Hopefully that's the last thicko, dull comment we'll get from him.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

VDH on 15:47 - Sep 27 with 648 viewsBadlands

VDH on 13:04 - Sep 27 by _

Hopefully that's the last thicko, dull comment we'll get from him.

Explain?
Was the academy set up to improve the Swans? Yes
Was significant money invested? Yes
Is money continuing to be found to invest in the future? Yes
Have coaches worked hard? Yes
Have hung players from our area been brought in? Yes
Have young players from around Europe been brought in? Yes
Are we generally playing more entertaining football than in the past 4 seasons? IMO Yes
Has Potter improved our style? Yes
Has Potter been allowed to bring his team from OFK? Yes
Has Potter's chief scout been brought in as head of recruitment? Yes.
Were these players good enough last season? IMO & that of many who watch them No.
Are these players able to establish themselves as first team player in the Championship when they would not have in the Premier League? Yes.

So what, in your opinion, is 'thicko, dull comment''?

Please tell because at the moment you are describing fact as 'thicko, dull comment' and your fantasies about financial criminality as fact.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

VDH on 16:06 - Sep 27 with 641 viewsawayjack

VDH on 15:47 - Sep 27 by Badlands

Explain?
Are we generally playing more entertaining football than in the past 4 seasons? IMO Yes
Were these players good enough last season? IMO & that of many who watch them No.
Are these players able to establish themselves as first team player in the Championship when they would not have in the Premier League? Yes.

Please tell because at the moment you are describing fact as 'thicko, dull comment' and your fantasies about financial criminality as fact.

Glad we’re bringing in HUNG players.
VDH on 18:34 - Sep 27 with 602 viewsBillyChong

The repeated excuse of ‘the club is a business blah blah...’. If it was being run well as a business VdH would never be on premier league wages now. Anyone with a bit of sense would have put relegation clauses in those contracts. But no, not these thick retarded cowboys running the club. The ‘hard medicine’ they expect the fans to deal with us purely down to their sheer inadequacies nothing else.
VDH on 18:39 - Sep 27 with 596 views_

VDH on 15:47 - Sep 27 by Badlands

Explain?

Explain FFS?.

OK, you're not 'him'

'him' is ice-cold whatever....

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

VDH on 18:40 - Sep 27 with 594 views_

VDH on 18:34 - Sep 27 by BillyChong

The repeated excuse of ‘the club is a business blah blah...’. If it was being run well as a business VdH would never be on premier league wages now. Anyone with a bit of sense would have put relegation clauses in those contracts. But no, not these thick retarded cowboys running the club. The ‘hard medicine’ they expect the fans to deal with us purely down to their sheer inadequacies nothing else.

Says the expert white van man who's never worked in football. Top thinking 😂

VDH on 18:48 - Sep 27 with 594 viewsBillyChong

VDH on 18:40 - Sep 27 by _

Says the expert white van man who's never worked in football. Top thinking 😂

White van man? It’s called business planning, Huw probably didn’t have one for his failed venture either. Simple common sense.
Login to get fewer ads

VDH on 19:08 - Sep 27 with 582 viewsjasper_T

VDH on 18:34 - Sep 27 by BillyChong

van der Hoorn almost-certainly isn't on "Premier League wages".

But I'm sure that's what his agent will want for a new contract.
VDH on 00:11 - Sep 28 with 523 viewsCroftyjack

VDH on 11:56 - Sep 26 by _

Well they've said there's a plan. They've said we had to take our medicine and they appointed Potter and they're blooding exciting youngsters. They also wanted to keep Fer and VdH you'd assume as they were never talked about as in leaving in the Summer. They knocked back offers for McBurnie and gave him a new contract. They're in talks with Rodon, Roberts and Natty Grimes about renewing their deals. Bear in mind we're only in September of a new season!!

They've also spent money on Celina, McKay, Asoro, Dhanda, Carter Vickers and John. We were 100% in the running for Woods but we felt the price was too high when weighed up with what we'd got for Clucas, Ayew etc etc.

We've got a manager and team more responsible for football acquisitions and we're playing an exciting brand of football with a very young squad you'd like to think will only get better.

By hoping, I mean I don't sit in the Boardroom and I'm not involved in their decision making, so what else am I expected to do, apart from, of course, take ALL OF THE ABOVE into account when forming an opinion.

Because that all seems like a facking plan to me mate.

What businesses do you run?

Perhaps ive changed my mind on your posts...cant disagree with what you say here anyway, but it normally comes across that you hang onto every word said by yanks and Huw etc.
I think you just see no reason to not believe...after all we all only guess!
Looking at it with your eyes they have cleared the decks very quickly with the uniterested players who did get us relegated(surely none would disagree there) and appoint a forward looking manager who could get the best out of young squad(thank god)...but the ultimate line is the risk factor(this is what upsets most people) results could easily turn from positive to negative and we are at that position at this moment.
As much as there are positives there are flaws so we are about to enter a key phase over the next 5 or so games.
VDH on 00:29 - Sep 28 with 517 views_

VDH on 00:11 - Sep 28 by Croftyjack

Perhaps ive changed my mind on your posts...cant disagree with what you say here anyway, but it normally comes across that you hang onto every word said by yanks and Huw etc.
I think you just see no reason to not believe...after all we all only guess!
Looking at it with your eyes they have cleared the decks very quickly with the uniterested players who did get us relegated(surely none would disagree there) and appoint a forward looking manager who could get the best out of young squad(thank god)...but the ultimate line is the risk factor(this is what upsets most people) results could easily turn from positive to negative and we are at that position at this moment.
As much as there are positives there are flaws so we are about to enter a key phase over the next 5 or so games.

I hang onto their words because I'm a fan. I'm not a stooge or on any facking payroll. I just want the Club to do well.

Also, it seems like something is happening again at SCFC and I'm willing to give it all a chance.

Cheers for the tidy reply.

VDH on 10:54 - Sep 28 with 424 viewsicecoldjack

VDH on 12:09 - Sep 27 by Badlands

WTF.

That's a great post and much I agree with and support, but one crucial thing is missing, support staff and the academy will be the next thing to face reduced investment, it stands to plain and simple reason that when not in the premier league on the field the finance will not allow the same things off the field.

The young talent will be picked off in no time, the same as we did to other clubs with many of our current crop, it takes many years for an academy to start producing talent if it's lucky, I'm thrilled to see so many getting a chance now, like I said back in the summer it's the way forward, but having am unbalanced squad short in key areas is a huge risk that if not careful will bite us, I go back to my original point, starting the season with 1 senior centre half and 1 fit striker is NOT the type of help potter needed .

And it is more luck than judgement because nobody knows how young players will cope with a season of championship football, if it was that easy nobody would be spending millions on players they'd just save the cash and just develop their own.

Hardly an exact science, this is not to take anything away from our boys who've made me fall in love with the team again with their togetherness ,team spirit and will to win with no regard for names or who their playing against.

But please don't think our yank owners knew the answers to the problems that they've created with poor decisions, no next levelcinvestment and lies and deceit to the fans and trust.
VDH on 11:11 - Sep 28 with 411 views_

VDH on 10:54 - Sep 28 by icecoldjack

That's a great post and much I agree with and support, but one crucial thing is missing, support staff and the academy will be the next thing to face reduced investment, it stands to plain and simple reason that when not in the premier league on the field the finance will not allow the same things off the field.

The young talent will be picked off in no time, the same as we did to other clubs with many of our current crop, it takes many years for an academy to start producing talent if it's lucky, I'm thrilled to see so many getting a chance now, like I said back in the summer it's the way forward, but having am unbalanced squad short in key areas is a huge risk that if not careful will bite us, I go back to my original point, starting the season with 1 senior centre half and 1 fit striker is NOT the type of help potter needed .

And it is more luck than judgement because nobody knows how young players will cope with a season of championship football, if it was that easy nobody would be spending millions on players they'd just save the cash and just develop their own.

Hardly an exact science, this is not to take anything away from our boys who've made me fall in love with the team again with their togetherness ,team spirit and will to win with no regard for names or who their playing against.

But please don't think our yank owners knew the answers to the problems that they've created with poor decisions, no next levelcinvestment and lies and deceit to the fans and trust.

This is just pure comedy 😂😂😂😂😂

So it's more luck than judgement yet this plan of ours, which is making you fall in love again 😂😂😂😂😂 was put into action in May and June.

Jesus wept..... This is Cringeworthy stuff from Anthony. He's completely lost it.....

Read on....

How long will it take for Swansea City to return to the Premier League?

Steve Kaplan (SK): "We view this as a project in a lot of ways and respects. This is a reboot, we are doing it with young players who really want to be there. We know there are no guarantees we will get promoted in the first year in the Championship. This is a multi-year plan to get back up and, when we get back up, be sustainable."

Can you explain why Swansea have cut costs so severely this summer?

Jason Levien (JL) : "There is a harsh reality to relegation which is that the players you had the day before you were relegated, are worth less the day after you are relegated. Trying to figure out the market for those players, while trying to hold on to younger players who are growing into bigger roles was important for us.

"We are creating a new identity around those players and the key to May and early June was finding the right manager. Someone we could grow with over a multi-year period, someone who could be a good evaluator of talent and of who in the squad we wanted to keep and which players we were ready to let go of and that was a process that went on for several weeks.

"First, finding Graham and then working with Graham and Kyle [Macaulay, Swansea's new head of recruitment]. We held meetings in person and spoke over the phone many times over many days and hours. We decided on a strategy of bringing in young, aspiring talent they had identified. Trying to hold on to players on the current squad we felt could grow with that talent. One of those key players was Oli McBurnie who had not had regular minutes with Swansea in the Premier League.

"We felt there was a big opportunity for him to take the next step and we rejected offers from other clubs for him because we wanted to hold on to someone like Oli. That was a key decision. We looked at players who were later on in years and whether there was a chance to maximise their value. It was a difficult summer in that respect, but if you look at the players we lost and the players we gained, we feel we are moving in a very positive direction and there is a lot to be positive about.

"There is certainly a lot of work to do and there is more investment to be made, but the reality is there were players we bought along the way over the last two years that we are still paying transfer fees for and those are the realities of moving from the Premier League to the Championship. Steve and I are committed to building a sustainable squad, we are trying to learn from our mistakes and add players of value who can grow into their rules."

SK: "I give Graham Potter tremendous credit. He is playing young players who did not have the confidence to play. Oli McBurnie is an example. Everywhere he has played he has scored goals. I think Graham deserves credit for believing in him, and that is true of a lot of young players and what it says to players in the academy is that if they work hard there is a place for you in our squad. That's a tremendous message."

JL: "One thing I would add there is we also have some key older players like Martin Olsson and Kyle Naughton, we are looking forward to Wilfried Bony returning, Leroy Fer's return has been a big boost. I don't think we've seen Tom Carroll's best football yet. Those are players with Premier League experience and knowledge that other Championship clubs do not have

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024